Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,420 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. (46430 Views)

Some Ongoing Projects Edo People Will Benefit From From By Voting PDP / Some Ongoing Projects Edo People Will Benefit From By Voting PDP / Some Ongoing Projects By Buhari In South East (anambra) (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 8:55pm On May 15, 2018
ehardetola:
Monitoring spirit

Oh, so you sef don see am? cheesy No mind di yeye girl.... she no get work!

1 Like

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by ipodstinks: 8:56pm On May 15, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Guy, go develop ur Biafra jungle, abeg.
Laudate is not igbo. He is a good guy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by adenine02: 9:01pm On May 15, 2018
Jiang:

soon, I will make something similar which will be affordable for the average Nigerian

No vex o!

Wic position u dey ol 4 dis govment
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 15, 2018
Oceannaagent:
Situated on Water Corporation Drive, off Ligali Ayorinde, Victoria. As low as N2.66 m, you can co-owned an apartment
N2.66m for real?
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by ehardetola(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2018
[quote author=Bethel4Life post=67593850][/quote]

No wonder...
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Yoruba4Life: 9:19pm On May 15, 2018
LZAA:

shocked shocked
waaaaaaawuuuuuuuuuu
this is new grin

Na news like this dey give dis one migraine.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 15, 2018
adenine02:

No vex o!

Wic position u dey ol 4 dis govment

NaN....just some business interest as the middle & lower class out number the elites targeting them will yield more profit in the long run
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Okoroawusa: 9:24pm On May 15, 2018
E go better for Bola Ahmed Tinubu

7 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by adenine02: 9:24pm On May 15, 2018
Jiang:

NaN....just some business interest as the middle & lower class out number the elites targeting them will yield more profit in the long run

Ok I see you bro wink
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by MiddleDimension: 9:29pm On May 15, 2018
deomelo:

is this how it looks at night?
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by DeepSight(m): 9:32pm On May 15, 2018
wristbangle:
With the completion of these projects plus Eko Atlantic city, other states in Nigeria should forget about catching up with Lagos. The pace of development in the state is mind blowing.

Ogun state ought to be the sister of Lagos but the governor is only focusing in the state capital leaving the most important areas generating huge IGR in shambles.

Lalasticlala, your attention is needed.

Lagos is and forever will be the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria.
Its no contest.

Other states/ regions should be nerve centre of other stuff. Agriculture/ Industry/ Tourism/ Science/ Natural Parks & Forest Reserves etc.

3 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Yoruba4Life: 9:41pm On May 15, 2018
ipodstinks:

Good to know.. I thought he was an okoro 'pig'. grin

I got zero chill for their nonsense, I swear! angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by seguno2: 9:47pm On May 15, 2018
wristbangle:
Also, I quite agree with him about the storm drainage not constructed to curtail flooding in the state. We are not at the peak of rainfall yet some areas are already experiencing flood. Though the citizens need to stop dumping refuse in the drainage.

What incentive/penalty is the government providing to stop the dumping of refuse in the drainage
Abi why are we paying the local government councillor and chairman so much money?
Let them work for their fat pay instead of just stealing and sharing our money anyhow.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Oceannaagent: 9:51pm On May 15, 2018
kingkakaone:

N2.66m for real?
Yes sure. sole ownership of a Studio unit ranges from N78.45m with 29% ROI yearly.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Fawklicant: 9:55pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

Where are the storm drains or drainage channels in Ilubirin? This is just an artist impression, that you posted here. Work on the estate has not reached anywhere near this level. undecided

The stench around that area and Osborne phase II is only second to that around the national theatre. The lagoon stretch there is filthy! Nobody in his right senses would think of living there now unless something is done about it.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Fawklicant: 9:58pm On May 15, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Guy, go develop ur Biafra jungle, abeg.

Na wao! Everything has to be turned into yoruba-igbo fight? Not cool man!

2 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 15, 2018
Oceannaagent:

Yes sure. sole ownership of a Studio unit ranges from N78.45m with 29% ROI yearly.
Can I follow that link?
www.Oceania.com?
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by ogunsj: 10:02pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:
You see why flooding in Lagos will continue whenever there is heavy rainfall? All the natural harbours and water channels, through which the lagoon and rivers drain out into the sea and other places, are being blocked by these silly land reclamation schemes which cater only to the rich.

What Lagos Island, Lekki, Victoria Island etc needs right now are a network of well constructed storm drains and aqueducts, to get floodwater quickly out of such areas into the lagoons and adjoining streams. sad But no, they won't do that. They are just busy spending more money to reclaim land for the idle rich.

Make una fear God nah! angry
you are talking as if there's no part of the world that doesn't experience flooding. here in Nigeria, there's no reclamation of land in Kano, Ibadan, onitsha, And etc yet you here of flooding whenever it rains. good thing always sound bad to you people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by LZAA: 10:04pm On May 15, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Na news like this dey give dis one migraine.. grin grin

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Oceannaagent: 10:04pm On May 15, 2018
MiddleDimension:

is this how it looks at night?
Yes that's how it's going to look, still an ongoing project, though investors are already buying up. completion year, in two years time
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by alenwup(m): 10:06pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

Where...exactly?? shocked After reclaiming land in silly proportions from the lagoon? How come nobody has seen these storm drainages and aqueducts, yet? We are not talking about those shallow gutters that line our streets, and are hardly ever cleared when they get blocked, o! Am talking about a serious complex underground network of tunnels, aqueducts and storm channels used to drain off and canalize flood water away from streets, and districts into the rivers and the lagoon.

shocked Anyway, water will always find its level....
grin
laudate:

Where...exactly?? shocked After reclaiming land in silly proportions from the lagoon? How come nobody has seen these storm drainages and aqueducts, yet? We are not talking about those shallow gutters that line our streets, and are hardly ever cleared when they get blocked, o! Am talking about a serious complex underground network of tunnels, aqueducts and storm channels used to drain off and canalize flood water away from streets, and districts into the rivers and the lagoon.

shocked Anyway, water will always find its level....
Na so... Water will always find its way
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Oceannaagent: 10:06pm On May 15, 2018
kingkakaone:

Can I follow that link?
www.Oceania.com?
Yes that's the website, but if you are interested in the offer call my number on my signature both for sightseeing and so on.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by alenwup(m): 10:09pm On May 15, 2018
If something drastic is not done, Lagos will just grow and over take Nigeria
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by Jethrolite(m): 10:14pm On May 15, 2018
theenchanter:
they're building storm drainages to curtail flood.
There's a level of stupidity you see and just ignore before you are dragged down to that level.
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by MiddleDimension: 10:14pm On May 15, 2018
Oceannaagent:

Yes that's how it's going to look, still an ongoing project, though investors are already buying up. completion year, in five years time

i am sorry to distract you a little bit here as i know you are on this platform for something more serious.

but when one wants to go into real estate/propreties like you are into, what are the things one must consider in order to be successful at it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 10:19pm On May 15, 2018
ogunsj:
you are talking as if there's no part of the world that doesn't experience flooding. here in Nigeria, there's no reclamation of land in Kano, Ibadan, onitsha, And etc yet you here of flooding whenever it rains. good thing always sound bad to you people

Try to think critically before responding. Can you compare Kano, Onitsha and Ibadan to Lagos which is surrounded by various creeks, streams, lagoons & sea fronts (i.e. Atlantic Ocean). Any little prolonged rainfall leads to massive flooding. So should people fold their arms, ignore the problem and continue land reclamation, which is likely to worsen the situation?

Sea surges could uproot millions in Nigeria megacity | Nick Tattersall | Reuters |

LAGOS (Reuters) - Millions of people in Nigeria could be displaced by rising sea levels in the next half century, as ocean surges swamp some of Africa’s most expensive real estate and its poorest slums, scientists say.

Africa’s most populous nation, stretching from the southern fringe of the Sahara to the Gulf of Guinea, could come under triple attack from climate change as the desert encroaches on its northern pastures, rainfall erodes farmland in its eastern Niger Delta, and the Atlantic Ocean floods its southern coast.

But the greatest concern is the sprawling commercial capital Lagos, one of the fastest growing cities in the world, spread over creeks and lagoons and dangerously close to sea level.

“Lagos is a megacity with 15 million people, half of them at two meters (6 ft) above sea level, and that puts them at risk as hardly any other big city in the world,” Stefan Cramer, Nigeria director of Germany's Heinrich Boll Foundation think-tank and an adviser to the Nigerian government on climate change, said.

“In 50 years with a one-meter sea level rise, two million, three million people would be homeless ... By the end of the century we would have two meters and by that stage Lagos is gone as we know it,” he told Reuters in an interview.

Lagos state government has been battling to reinforce the long sand spits such as Bar Beach — which protect the mouth of the main lagoon from the Atlantic. But the effect would be limited and little was being done in terms of urban planning to adjust to the risks, Cramer said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-nigeria/sea-surges-could-uproot-millions-in-nigeria-megacity-idUSTRE4AI74G20081119
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by verygudbadguy(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

Where are the storm drains or drainage channels in Ilubirin? This is just an artist impression, that you posted here. Work on the estate has not reached anywhere near this level. undecided
Are you referring to Ilubirin or other projects. If it is Ilibirin, that's exactly the level it was before Fashola. That's what it will look like if we go there right now
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 10:27pm On May 15, 2018
ipodstinks:

May you live long! cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 10:33pm On May 15, 2018
kayfra:
The lagos "developers" are trying o.

Igbo amaka grin

Don't be silly. These projects are not being developed by the Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 10:38pm On May 15, 2018
theenchanter:
excluding ilubirin that doesn't have underground drainage system cos it'll directly discharge flood to d sea, every other projects here have underground drainage system.
Oga, please stop being economical with the truth. sad I am not against the projects. I am only against the fact that these projects are being put in place, without adequate infrastructure such as a complex underground network of tunnels, aqueducts and storm channels to drain off and canalize flood water so that flooding is minimised. That is all. As for your claim that there is an underground drainage system in each of these places except Ilubirin, Oga I do not agree. What they have there right now are just gutters & surface drains, that will not channel away any flood when the perennial daily rainfalls start! angry

1 Like

Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by AFONJACOW(m): 10:40pm On May 15, 2018
I'm not interested... give us Biafra
Re: Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. by laudate: 10:47pm On May 15, 2018
wristbangle:
With the completion of these projects plus Eko Atlantic city, other states in Nigeria should forget about catching up with Lagos. The pace of development in the state is mind blowing.

Ogun state ought to be the sister of Lagos but the governor is only focusing in the state capital leaving the most important areas generating huge IGR in shambles.

Lalasticlala, your attention is needed.

In fact, I feel hurt when I think about Ogun state. sad By now it ought to be a mini-Lagos. undecided Can you imagine, that Ogun state also has extensive waterfront along the Ipokia, Iwopin, Ibiade & Ogun waterside area? The state govt should encourage massive development of resorts, estates, hospitality outlets etc, along the shoreline in those areas, and invest in water transportation, to encourage people to commute by boat & ferry, from Ogun state to Lagos.

I hear there's a concrete jetty in Iwopin, and the distance from Iwopin to Epe & Lekki in Lagos Island, is less than an hour using a speed boat, and about 2 hours with big local boats. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Ali Ndume Slaps Habu Dala Aji; Mohammed Saleh Baga Beaten Into Coma / Bola Tinubu Receives Governor Aregbesola And Oyetola After Apc's Victory. Photos / Graphic Photos From Election Shooting In Nembe LGA, Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.