Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad (93331 Views)

Super Eagles AFCON 2023 provisional squad reportedly leaked / NFF Releases Super Eagles 25 Man Provisional List For AFCON / Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Welcomme: 1:00pm On May 16, 2018
Bigii:

liar angry

you wan form relationship abi
Okay. Go and deal with ur fulani herdsmen
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 16, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Your worth bro !
i i can see u are an enemy of progress and success

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Bundaweber: 1:46pm On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
naaa
It is called uniting people.

Even in USA, the quota system is helping in uniting the country. All national investment must have a quota of minority or face a lawsuit.

This is a national team, not biafra team or private team.

The team should contain atleast 2 igbos, 2 yorubas, 2 Hausas and 3 minorities.

Then we call it a national team.

pls carry your bad market and go. Quota/ federal character has destroyed this country esp at the level we take it to. I have seen an incompetent promoted to the post of director and even perm sec because of quota system. Mister man, I repeat carry your bad market and go
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Bundaweber: 1:53pm On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]ighalo is a captain of a shitty club in a shitty Chinese league.
How many people even watch Chinese league?

I would rather watch Egytian or zambian league than watch some chinko play football.

Iwobi is not the heart of arsenal. He is always chopping bench.

Don't even get me started on iheanacho that couldn't get starting line up in a small team like leceister. Imagine, getting benched by old vardy all the time.

Yet, these are igbo finest we must rely on cos we don't want to use fine Hausa players from local league.

dude I would advise you to go get star times. Chinese league is quite tough.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 1:58pm On May 16, 2018
Bundaweber:

pls carry your bad market and go. Quota/ federal character has destroyed this country esp at the level we take it to. I have seen an incompetent promoted to the post of director and even perm sec because of quota system. Mister man, I repeat carry your bad market and go
but its okay for igbos to demand for quota system in places they are not excelling abi?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Bundaweber: 2:08pm On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
but its okay for igbos to demand for quota system in places they are not excelling abi?

Nigeria does not need quota system as it continually breeds mediocrity, what we need in this country is meritocracy, I will always continue to support this. if I had an interview for any reasons, I will accept losing on the grounds that someone more qualified takes the position rather than losing on the grounds that I lost because the position has been zoned to a tribal group.
FYI, I do not support the Igbo's in that issue, if want to be in an area, they have to perform exceedingly well.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by yhormite: 2:11pm On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

Just the best when it favors igbos abi?
So Hausa are not the best in politics when igbos brought tribalism or yorubas are not best in music when igbos tried to bastardize the industry?

The fact that notherners join the millitary more than southerner doesn't stop you from joining the military if you want to.
Plus we have many southerners in the millitary. Go to millitary baracks and see for yourself. Most former army chiefs were either igbos or southerner under Jonathan.

Presidency is elective position. Its a political position that anyone with right politics can enter.
Even at that, we still have zoning playing out.

Yes European nations have black players in their teams because they have a lot of blacks minorities just like Americans have a lot of minorities.

Nigeria have a lot of tribes, major and minor ones. yet, we have igbos only dominating the national team.. Does that sound fair?
quota system in the National Team....
Are you alright Sir ... Just when you thought you've seen it all Tribe and Religion doesn't have anything to do with football it is based on competency no matter where the competent individual comes from I'm not sure you really know anything about Football iwobi,Kelechi should be dropped for the boys in the Local League??...... you're Just joking or something is wrong with you
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Horus(m): 2:44pm On May 16, 2018

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by P0intBlank(m): 2:59pm On May 16, 2018
huthmanadam:
Hypocrisy is not gud sha.. Imagine, if d list was full of Northerners, d uproar from the other side will be epic! Lol.. Buh as na dem full d list, u won't hear a single complain.. Anyway, up super Igbos, sowie, I meant Super eagles grin

It's not hypocrisy. No sensible person would complain if their inclusion were based on merit. Do we complain that virtually everyone selling suya is a northern? No! Because they are there on merit. If you see igbo man wey dey sell suya you go buy?
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 16, 2018
At least our squad is better than the English squad. Those ones will go out from airport.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:25pm On May 16, 2018
But nawa oooo quota system for national team interesting....comparin Nigerian league to international leagues like England and China...interestin.... if a level playing ground is provided pple can thrive all over....our league has talent but it's not well organized to be relied upon for national team material...so any player abroad ll always get d nod...with d win at home syndrome...poor welfare to players ...hooliganism without checks....if we must have our measure to international standard... Let's make it stand to wat we have in South Africa,Egypt,tunisia we can start from dee....Moreso Nigeria is bless with gud individuals wether in d north east west provide a level playing ground for everyone with the requisite environs and infrastructure....
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by dokyOloye: 3:56pm On May 16, 2018
enonche85:

Hope u have not forgotten what that terrorist Sani Keita did to us in the last world cup since u want to bring sentiments into this?.
lolz.
Did he detonate his device? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 16, 2018
Look at all these monikers downplaying the team before the compitition has even started. Saying that we're nothing compared to the Iceland, Argentine and Croatian squad.

I even heard that some of our players got into an arguement over who was going to trade jerseys with Messi after the match with Argentina. That's one the main problems with Nigerian Football and Nigeria as a whole, inferiority complex.

How do you expect us to win anything when we've defeated ourselves before we've even set foot on the pitch. When we beat Argentina in the friendly 4-2, we played with no killer-instict or confidence and we ended up 2 goals down. Then Ihenacho scored off freekick, we gained our confidence back and we ended up hammering them with 4 unanswered goals. The reason we're in the world cup is because we're good enough to be there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by JoseRaji(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2018
And why does he still play Moses as a Wing Forward?
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Ambassador1991(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2018
Arondizuogu:
At least our squad is better than the English squad. Those ones will go out from airport.

Hi! This is Benny. Are you back from US? Your WhatsApp number isn't connecting since April 20. I hope you are doing great?
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Harkinzmovic: 5:35pm On May 16, 2018
*SPORTS UPDATES*
1⃣ *ARTETA IN POLE POSITION TO LAND ARSENAL JOB AS GUNNERS BEGIN MAJOR STAFF OVERHAUL* read more here
http://marloaded..com.ng/2018/05/arteta-in-pole-position-to-land-arsenal.html?m=1
2⃣ *Transfer News- MARLOADED Sport takes a look at the biggest transfer rumours and news* read reports here

http://marloaded..com.ng/2018/05/transfers-goal-takes-look-at-biggest.html?m=1

3⃣ *Junior Lokosa IN, Brown Ideye OUT as Nigeria announce World Cup preliminary squad* check full squad here
http://marloaded..com.ng/2018/05/junior-lokosa-in-brown-ideye-out-as.html?m=1
4⃣ *Messi: Neymar joining Real Madrid would be 'terrible'* read full statement here
http://marloaded..com.ng/2018/05/messi-neymar-joining-real-madrid-would.html?m=1
5⃣ *Why Neuer shouldn't be Germany's World Cup No.1 even if he's fit* check reasons here
http://marloaded..com.ng/2018/05/why-neuer-shouldnt-be-germanys-world.html?m=1
6⃣ *Messi has no interest in Ronaldo battle to be the best* read full article here
http://marloaded..com.ng/2018/05/messi-has-no-interest-in-ronaldo-battle.html?m=1

��� *MARLOADED YOUTUBE TV* ��� 50℅

©MARLOADED inc
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2018
dokyOloye:
lolz.
Did he detonate his device? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The guy detonate device for the hearts of many Nigerians! grin grin

Nigerians so coursed him that he came back to Nigerian league playing for Enyimba and has been rejected and released by many clubs abroad. At some point I come dey pity for the guy sha.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by quickly: 5:38pm On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

So Hausa are not the best in politics when igbos brought tribalism or yorubas are not best in music when igbos tried to bastardize the industry?

The fact that notherners join the millitary more than southerner doesn't stop you from joining the military if you want to.
Plus we have many southerners in the millitary. Go to millitary baracks and see for yourself. Most former army chiefs were either igbos or southerner under Jonathan.

Presidency is elective position. Its a political position that anyone with right politics can enter.

Yes European nations have black players in their teams because they have a lot of blacks minorities just like Americans have a lot of minorities.

Nigeria have a lot of tribes, major and minor ones. yet, we have igbos only dominating the national team.. Does that sound fair?

the europeans are choosing the blacks based on meritocracy and not for quota.

People like you are the problem with nigeria.

No merit based thinking , only sentimental tribalism
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Rajosh(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2018
spartan50:

He is from edo state... Owan east..
it's his mum that's from Edo. his dad is from Maiduguri
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2018
Arondizuogu:

I wish we dey the same group with dem sef!.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by spartan50(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2018
Rajosh:
it's his mum that's from Edo. his dad is from Maiduguri
you win

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 6:18pm On May 16, 2018
[s]
quickly:

the europeans are choosing the blacks based on meritocracy and not for quota.

People like you are the problem with nigeria.

No merit based thinking , only sentimental tribalism
[/s]bla bla bla.

Meritocracy when it favors igbos, maginalization when it doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by pedi(m): 6:23pm On May 16, 2018
MDsambo:
Out of the 30-man squad only three boys are from the North (Ahmed Musa, Moses Simone and Abdullahi Shehu). Make us proud boys.
Oga Victor Moses is also from the north kaduna to be precise
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 16, 2018
enonche85:

I wish we dey the same group with dem sef!.

Those ones are not serious.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by huthmanadam(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2018
P0intBlank:

It's not hypocrisy. No sensible person would complain if their inclusion were based on merit. Do we complain that virtually everyone selling suya is a northern? No! Because they are there on merit. If you see igbo man wey dey sell suya you go buy?

So, in short, u're saying in the whole of Nigerian, it's only Ahmed Musa, Victor Moses and Abdullahi Shehu that are the only Northerners that can play ball?
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by huthmanadam(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2018
Archangel15:
[s][/s]

Does you have a northern player that can dislodge any player on the list

If no shut up

Hmmm... Do u know Rabiu Ali of Kano Pillars, Do u know Mohammed who played 2 for Nigeria in on of their under 20's competition.. Do u know Yusuf (not sure of his name) who was once linked wiv Roma.. Oga, just coz u're ignorant doesn't mean u should be proud of it.. So, now who shuld shut up?
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Archangel15: 9:21am On May 19, 2018
huthmanadam:

Hmmm... Do u know Rabiu Ali of Kano Pillars, Do u know Mohammed who played 2 for Nigeria in on of their under 20's competition.. Do u know Yusuf (not sure of his name) who was once linked wiv Roma.. Oga, just coz u're ignorant doesn't mean u should be proud of it.. So, now who shuld shut up?

I don't know them because they are trash
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by P0intBlank(m): 12:14pm On May 19, 2018
huthmanadam:

So, in short, u're saying in the whole of Nigerian, it's only Ahmed Musa, Victor Moses and Abdullahi Shehu that are the only Northerners that can play ball?

Name one who should be there that's not. When you name, state whose place who should have taken.

I'm glad the coach is not Igbo. I know what most would have said.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by huthmanadam(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2018
P0intBlank:

Name one who should be there that's not. When you name, state whose place who should have taken.

I'm glad the coach is not Igbo. I know what most would have said.

Try n comprehend n ansa my question
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by huthmanadam(m): 1:39pm On May 19, 2018
Archangel15:

I don't know them because they are trash

There is no point reasoning with a person that will call his fellow human trash... Ur reek too much of hatred.. Have a nice day.. undecided
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by P0intBlank(m): 3:01am On May 20, 2018
huthmanadam:

Try n comprehend n ansa my question

You are being evasive. If you feel they should be more, then mention them and who they should replace

BTW, it's not a matter of being good, it's about being better. When you go for a job interview in your field if you are not selected doesn't mean you are not good it means someone else was deemed better. I have answered yours, answer mine.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by P0intBlank(m): 3:32am On May 20, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

Yorubas dominate the secular music industry. That's merit, I agree.

If you've been observant, you would have observed Igbos have the edge when it comes to football. And it didn't start Today

Hausas best in politics? How na. Do you know what Merit is? Do you know the standard for entering the military was lowered for Northerns in the 60's? That's how Buhari could enter the Military without possesing School Certificate. If Merit system were used in this country, it will not favour them and they know. That's why Federal character/quota system was introduced. Let's forget football. Is there any sport or any other endeavor where people are selected on merit to represent Nigeria that Northerns dominate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 / Pictures Of Koby Bryant And His Beautiful Family As The World Mourns Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.