Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,619 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad (92897 Views)

Super Eagles AFCON 2023 provisional squad reportedly leaked / NFF Releases Super Eagles 25 Man Provisional List For AFCON / Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:06am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
naaa
It is called uniting people.

Even in USA, the quota system is helping in uniting the country. All national investment must have a quota of minority or face a lawsuit.

This is a national team, not biafra team or private team.

The team should contain atleast 2 igbos, 2 yorubas, 2 Hausas and 3 minorities.

Then we call it a national team.

Go ask the Germans why they fewer black players in their national team. Or ask the Argentines who don't even have any black player in their team.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 10:09am On May 16, 2018
[s]
enonche85:

Go ask the Germans why they fewer black players in their national team. Or ask the Argentines who don't even have any black player in their team.
[/s]ignoramus, how many blacks are in Germany or Argentina.
Even with few black Germans, they are given chance to play.

Just be comparing nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2018
enonche85:

Oga, the case of Udeze and Ayegbeni was due to shea incompetence, but that of Sani was deliberate and due to wickedness and hate.

How else can u explain someone leaving the ball and deliberately kicking another player for doing his job in the field of play?.
Incompetence indeed! For players that are playing in the top flight football leagues in Europe. Sani Keita made a mistake just like other two I mentioned that doesn't warrant you calling him a terrorist. Zidane did the same thing to a Saudi Arabian player in France 1998, exactly what Sani Keita did. France never called him a terrorist for that action instead he bounced back at the knock out stage of the tournament and helped his beloved country France to win a memorable world cup. Beckham also got a red card for a similar action in France 1998 against Argentina till today he is still worship by many in England/world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by malware: 10:12am On May 16, 2018
flyca:
#comment withdrawn

Go school, no you no gree... You chose to be brandishing your illiteracy all over the Internet
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Cross91(m): 10:14am On May 16, 2018
Tank God my Mom is from Argentina

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Incompetence indeed! For players that are playing in the top flight football leagues in Europe. Sani Keita made a mistake just like other two I mentioned that doesn't warrant you calling him a terrorist. Zidane did the same thing to a Saudi Arabian player in France 1998, exactly what Sani Keita did. France never called him a terrorist for that action instead he bounced back at the knock out stage of the tournament and helped his beloved country France to win a memorable world cup. Beckham also got a red card for a similar action in France 1998 against Argentina till today he is still worship by many in England/world.

Good u mentioned Zidane bouncing back to help France win the world cup. Anger management made Zidane bounce back. Where is ur Sani Keita today?.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by BluntBoy(m): 10:19am On May 16, 2018
ndy87:

True talk, we don't invest in our players, we just want to use them to get a trophy that isn't ours. Were is Taye Taiwo, Dickson Etuhu and the rest of them. Nigeria loves to use talents and dump them at the end of everything. No hunger, it's just for the money I guess.

But things are changing now. The NFF team led by Amaju Pinnick is really trying.

My only fear about this team is the goalkeeping position. However, the four goalkeepers in the provisional list are the best at our disposal. I believe these guys are hungry enough and they can come out of that group.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:20am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]ignoramus, how many black are in Germany or Argentina.
Even with few black Germans, they are given chance to play.

Just be comparing nonsense.

In other words no black argentine know how to play football?...I am only letting the guy I quoted understand that team selection is and shud be based on individual competence and not sentiments.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by chijiblaze(m): 10:22am On May 16, 2018
Oritzy:
Victor Moses is from Edo state bros
No. Victor Moses is from Kaduna state.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 10:23am On May 16, 2018
[s]
enonche85:

In other words no black argentine know how to play football?...I am only letting the guy I quoted understand that team selection is and shud be based on individual competence and not sentiments.
[/s]how many black Argentine do you know?

Have you seen black argentine before?

This is like asking why we don't have zambians in Nigeria national team.

Abeg carry your stupidity go front.. It is too early jare.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:24am On May 16, 2018
enonche85:

Good u mentioned Zidane bouncing back to help France win the world cup. Anger management made Zidane bounce back. Where is ur Sani Keita today?.
What am telling you is, calling a player terrorist just because of a mistake is uncalled for. Where is Udeze now? After 2002, the guy fizzled out like fart. I sense you just hate Sani since he is a northerner. Udeze costs us a point against Sweden same with Ayegbeni made us got one point instead of 3 points against South Korea. The 3 of them made a mistake. Stop being a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
there are many of them in the local league..

Google is your friend.

You don't have to play in foreign league to be a good player.

All igbo players in super eagles are bench warmers in their various teams except ndidi.

Name the ones u know who are in the local league?...even in the local league u still have the other regions doing better.

If u don't know, pls understand that sports in general has to do with how good u are and not where u are from.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by stanluiz(m): 10:26am On May 16, 2018
Earthxmatahuman
If the name of the squad list pains you too much go and take coach rohr to replace it with your kinsmen or better drink rat poison to cool down your frustrations.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 10:29am On May 16, 2018
enonche85:

Name the ones u know who are in the local league?...even in the local league u still have the other regions doing better.

If u don't know, pls understand that sports in general has to do with how good u are and not where u are from.
kano pillars is currently no 2 in Nigeria premier league..

Go and check the list of players in the squad and swallow this nonsense you just spew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:30am On May 16, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

What am telling you is, calling a player terrorist just because of a mistake is uncalled for. Where is Udeze now? After 2002, the guy fizzled out like fart. I sense you just hate Sani since he is a northerner. Udeze costs us a point against Sweden same with Ayegbeni made us got one point instead of 3 points against South Korea. The 3 of them made a mistake. Stop being a hypocrite.

I believe u are intelligent enough to spot sarcasm when u see one.

Yes the 3 of them made a mistake, but it is much more worse when u make the mistake deliberately which is the case of Sani.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by stanluiz(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2018
enonche85:

Good reply. I can't understand what the guy is saying? That we should introduced quota system in our football national team.

Sports how to do how good you are not where you come from.

God will punish any one that will introduced that devilish and satanic thing called quota system in our football national team.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by stanluiz(m): 10:33am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

Go and check the list of players in the squad and swallow this nonsense you just spew.
Continue to wail. I love your pains.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by cocoboss(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2018
buhari should be on that list,his much of a baller ...since u cant handle our great nation
who knows maybe he could handle a ball properly!!!
lame ass'messi go dirbble yo live

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 10:35am On May 16, 2018
stanluiz:
Continue to wail. I love your pains.
yes.. O

Sit back and relax.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by mikaael(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2018
GreenMavro:
wink
I just hope this list no go allow us carry calculator during group stage grin grin

better go and buy calculator before e finish fr market...I get hope wit d list sha
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 10:36am On May 16, 2018
BluntBoy:

But things are changing now. The NFF team led by Amaju Pinnick is really trying.

My only fear about this team is the goalkeeping position. However, the four goalkeepers in the provisional list are the best at our disposal. I believe these guys are hungry enough and they can come out of that group.

Me I d observe Na, wen we enter Russia we no go know.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by safarigirl(f): 10:37am On May 16, 2018
MDsambo:

Kogi and Benue are located in which region? BTW he is from Jos.
which yeye North. You are arguing with pesin wey no even sabi

Moses Simon is Yoruba, his third name is Ajayi

You did not even mention Onazi that is from Benue state, you are claiming people wey no even be Northerners

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 10:38am On May 16, 2018
Fogman:
Where is Henry Onyekuru?
Injured
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by spiritedtete: 10:38am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
naaa
It is called uniting people.

Even in USA, the quota system is helping in uniting the country. All national investment must have a quota of minority or face a lawsuit.

This is a national team, not biafra team or private team.

The team should contain atleast 2 igbos, 2 yorubas, 2 Hausas and 3 minorities.

Then we call it a national team.

Well... I share in your sense of patriotism... It is well

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:40am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

The Junior guy in the squad is from which team?. He is there because he is exceptional and I like that.

In ur shallow thinking the likes of Odion ighalo, Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho shud be dropped and replaced with Junior's team mates simply to justify ur tribalistic view?.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2018
ndy87:

Me I d observe Na, wen we enter Russia we no go know.

If I am Rhor, I would rather go with that Deportivo guy, then maybe Ezenwa and that other guy. Akpeyi is SHIT!!!
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Oritzy: 10:44am On May 16, 2018
chijiblaze:

No. Victor Moses is from Kaduna state.
Is it the Victor Moses playing for Chelsea shocked ??
Please it's too early to argue his real name is Victor Igbinovba(don't know the right spellings) from Benin in Edo state
He use to be my landlord till I relocated.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 10:46am On May 16, 2018
[s]
enonche85:

The Junior guy in the squad is from which team?. He is there because he is exceptional and I like that.

In ur shallow thinking the likes of Odion ighalo, Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho shud be dropped and replaced with Junior's team mates simply to justify ur tribalistic view?.
[/s]apart from playing for foreign club, what are ighalo, kelechi and iwobi stat this season?

Which trophy did any of them help their team win?

Which one of them is not romancing the bench?

In your stupid thinking, we should allow bench warmers to play because they play for foreign clubs and not the ones who see actions week In week out in a very tough league like nigerian league.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by safarigirl(f): 10:46am On May 16, 2018
ndy87:

Haaa! Whenever Nigerians anticipate so much about football matter, it always ends in jeopardy. Imagine u people underrating Iceland lol. That's the team to be afraid of, very organised team. Our preparation Na minus let us be truthful to ourselves.
all these armchair analysts

You have said a lot and said nothing

What makes you think our preparation I s poor? Compared to 2014 and 2010, can you call our preparation poor?

This is a vague comment with zero facts or analysis, just another doomsday prediction. And who is underrating Iceland? Anybody with sense knows Iceland is even more dangerous than Croatia or Argentina.

Maybe na you dey underrate them
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by spartan50(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2018
etibaba:
Ahmed Musa is from Maiduguri(Borno), born in jos. His mother is from Edo state so i don't know when people start aligning with the mothers side as their state of origin other than the father's side.
Speaking from facts bro... I won't argue much
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:47am On May 16, 2018
stanluiz:
Good reply. I can't understand what the guy is saying? That we should introduced quota system in our football national team.

Sports how to do how good you are not where you come from.

God will punish any one that will introduced that devilish and satanic thing called quota system in our football national team.

Don't mind the guy jor!...he's just been ignorant.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2018
safarigirl:
all these armchair analysts

You have said a lot and said nothing

What makes you think our preparation I s poor? Compared to 2014 and 2010, can you call our preparation poor?

This is a vague comment with zero facts or analysis, just another doomsday prediction. And who is underrating Iceland? Anybody with sense knows Iceland is even more dangerous than Croatia or Argentina.

Maybe na you dey underrate them

I fear Iceland morethan Croatia knowing what they did to the likes of England and Co in the last Euros.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 / Matthew Wolff Designed The Super Eagles 2018 World Cup Jersey / Germany Vs Nigeria: Women World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.