Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,384 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out (706 Views)

Military Denies Responsibility For Retaliatory Attack On Delta Community / We Urge Tinubu To Get His 1970 Certificate From Govt College, Lagos - Shaibu / EndSARS: Keyamo Speaks On Delta Shooting,Says Victim Alive, SARS Not Responsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by Nairatrenders: 9:58pm On May 15, 2018
There is palpable tension in Ughelli Government College following attack on the staffers by suspected herdsmen.

Principal of the college, Mr. Godspower Odenema, who spoke to DAILY POST, said; “My staffs were attacked on Monday on their way home from school by herdsmen, they injured seven of them, my school has been invaded by herdsmen, security agents should come to my rescue”.

He described the activities of the herdsmen as “hell fire” for their victims, alleging that their constant incursion to the school premises in an attempt to look for grass for their herds has destroyed many of the school’s facilities.

While appealing to the Delta state government for a perimeter fence around the school’s athletics field, as well as the deployment of security staff to always be on guard, and prevent the herdsmen from coming to the school’s compound, the principal said; “We have suffered lots in the hands of the herdsmen, our injured staffers are still lying critically ill in the hospital over their injuries, thank God they were not killed”, adding that since a portion of the school fence was broken, hoodlums including herdsmen activities have continued to unsettle members of the school community.

But the Police Spokesman in the state, DSP Andrew Aniamaka, while confirming the attack on the school facilities and staffers, told DAILY POST; “We are investigating the act, though no arrest has been made, but the police will do everything possible to bring the herdsmen to book”.

Sources said that the frequent “wicked activities of herdsmen” in Ughelli, Abraka and its environs, have created sleepless nights for the residents who “currently sleep with their two eyes open”.

SOURCE- https://nairatrend.com.ng/herdsmen-unleashing-hell-fire-on-delta-govt-college-principal-cries-out/

#Nairatrend

Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by SalamRushdie: 10:00pm On May 15, 2018
The herdsmen are only looking for foliage---Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by Nairatrenders: 10:02pm On May 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The herdsmen are only looking for foliage---Buhari
grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by dajoaneke(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2018
Herdsmen are hiding in the bushes of most delta communities. In some parts, indigenes are the ones offering their property for rent, housing these terrorists. When these villagers go to farm, they are harassed in their homeland and asked to pay dues to their visitors for peaceful living. Ugheli, Oshimili North is a good example. I won't say anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by Nairatrenders: 10:56pm On May 15, 2018
dajoaneke:
Herdsmen are hiding in the bushes of most delta communities. In some parts, indigenes are the ones offering their property for rent, housing these terrorists. When these villagers go to farm, they are harassed in their homeland and asked to pay dues to their visitors for peaceful living. Ugheli, Oshimili North is a good example. I won't say anymore.
Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by chuka5000(m): 1:11am On May 16, 2018
dajoaneke:

a mil thanks for pointing out this fact. people crying wolf and at the same time helping wolf

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by Nairatrenders: 6:04am On May 16, 2018
Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by lastempero: 7:08am On May 16, 2018
Police and stupidity,always investigating what I don't know.
Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by Ournews: 7:21am On May 16, 2018
Re: Herdsmen Unleashing ‘hell Fire’ On Delta Govt. College – Principal Cries Out by pikin1(m): 7:32am On May 16, 2018
Where all the Militants for Delta State dey? I no support violence oh.... But Militants should dialogue with herdsmen let's see what happens.

(1) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha Received By Owerri North Women Amidst Jubilation / I Am Going To Leave INEC With My Reputation As Academic - Yakubu / Igbo’s Political Future Not Resting On Your Re-election, Ohanaeze, Others Repiy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.