Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians (67547 Views)

Lagosians Turn 'Spidermen' To Pass Flooded Road (Photo) / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / Lagosians, Why Are We Like This? (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by EponOjuku: 11:32pm On May 16, 2018
Chukazu:

Who born you for Isale Eko?

See who's asking.
Someone who has no idea of his ancestry, has no explanation of his creation or existence, has no achievements today and no hope for the future.

Yorubas built the Oyo empire, Binis built the Benin Kingdom, Hausas built the Kanem-Borno empire. Mention a single civilisation built by your fathers.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by uuzba(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2018
mywells:
Lagos is a city which everyone knows that, can only compare Abuja with Ekiti or Ebonyi, how can you compare Lagos that has ikoyi,ikeja,lekki,apapa,v.i,eko Atlantic, mainland, so rounded by Atlantic Ocean, come to cms at night you'll love the view ,only a mad man would compare Lagos to Abuja.

Do normal people go to the water front at CMS? Because na only crase people I dey see for there day/night.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by obataokenwa(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2018
mywells:
Lagos is a city which everyone knows that, can only compare Abuja with Ekiti or Ebonyi, how can you compare Lagos that has ikoyi,ikeja,lekki,apapa,v.i,eko Atlantic, mainland, so rounded by Atlantic Ocean, come to cms at night you'll love the view ,only a mad man would compare Lagos to Abuja.
So to you any of those places can be compared to houses in Maitama and Wuse? Some residential houses in Maitama are fifty million per annum and one has to pay for five years. Asokoro will cause you heart attack if I should go there. Ask yourself why no so called celebrities own a house in such places but almost all have one in those your too beautiful places. Abuja is not for the faint hearted bro.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by CaptainFM1: 11:33pm On May 16, 2018
realborn:
cool

The checklist for measuring satisfaction or maximum utility differs.

Abuja:
- Serene
- Could be lethargic (absolute state of Torpor from the Head of State to Legislators to Civil Servants and inadvertently Private Businesses)
- Very good roads at CBD and environs
- Hinterlands, Suburbs and Rural areas are as dense and environmentally unfriendly as Lagos
- Could have tough climatic conditions at certain times of the year
- Not very flexible
- Low density at CBD but quite high at Rural areas
- Generally peaceful
- Affordable and Clean transportation
- Heavily dependent on Government activities
- Fairly good social life

Lagos
- Certain areas are very Urbane
- Hectic transportation predominantly on the mainland
- Land of endless possibilities and opportunities
- Fast paced. Activates your determination for success and excellence
- Very prone to pollution
- Evolves daily
- Fairly good climatic conditions except at the peak of rainy season
- Amazing social life
- Better potential for professional work experience
- Medium crime rate
- Great potentials for SMEs
- Very densely populated

I have lived in both cities. My preference is for Lagos. Formative years' experience is a key criterion to determine the factors that defines preference.

Live in Lekki, work in Victoria Island or Ikoyi or live and work in close proximity on the Mainland. Be financially stable and the ills of living in Lagos can be cushioned to a large degree.

I love Lagos smiley smiley

You made a very good and honest analysis of both cities. The lady seems to be comparing Maitama with Abule Egba! I bet she's yet to see the wonders coming up at Eko Atlantic city.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by ascapella(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2018
Put 24 million people in Abuja and watch how your beautiful abuja becomes a slum. Even your FCT Minister go run. Leave our Lagos alone jare! Is it your anger?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 16, 2018
Only those Lagosians who have not been to, or live at Abuja will disagree. I still do not know why I am still in Lagos. I still can not understand why I havent bought a house at Abuja till now so I can atleast be at a place of sanity.

It used to be quite good here at Lekki, but of recent, the robbery and police disturbances, asking for tinted glass permit, has really made me feel insulted. Lagos roads are narrow, the streets are dirty and even the water cost so much to treat to make it drinkable.

That lady just reminded me of the true nature of the madness called Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Nedfed(m): 11:34pm On May 16, 2018
Dff btw Abuja and Lagos
1. Abuja is for the rich while Lagos is meant for both poor & rich.
2. Abuja has lots of sugar mummy while Lagos has lots of olosho/harlot.
3. Sugar daddy full fct while broken ass nigga plenty for lasgidi.
4. Abuja life is bored while Lagos is lively
5. Abuja runs the affairs of the nation while Lagos run the commercial aspects.
6. Life in Abuja is cost but lagos life is affordable if u don't pass your boundary.
7. Political connection in Abuja but business connection in Lagos.
8. Abuja brought up pikin are dull but Lagos pikin are osa prapra (too sharp).

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by oxygenlove(m): 11:35pm On May 16, 2018
EponOjuku:

See who's asking.
Someone who has no idea of his ancestry, has no explanation of his creation or existence, has no achievements today and no hope for the future.

Yorubas built the Oyo empire, Binis built the Benin Kingdom, Hausas built the Kanem-Borno empire. Mention a single civilisation built by your fathers.
no let that mumu dey wine you, , leave ham mak him sister dey chop Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by ohiku4every1(m): 11:37pm On May 16, 2018
Kai!
The following part of her finishing weak me like madman prick
""Come to Abuja and experience good road networks. The only traffic jam we have here is usually caused by traffic lights and it does not last beyond 86 seconds. Anything beyond that, just know that a Lagosians has a hand in it.""

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by wristbangle: 11:41pm On May 16, 2018
Well for me, here is my analysis

Abuja

Serene structure
Good road network
Less traffic
High cost of accommodation
High feeding cost
Quite low employment rate except political & federal government jobs
Moderate power supply
Quite low social life

Lagos
Rough structure except Island areas
Poor road network on mainland areas but good network on the island
Jam traffic congestion
Cost of accommodation depends on area
Moderate feeding cost
High employment rate
Moderate power supply
24/7 fun place

Left to me, if I have a job with N200,000 per month, I would prefer Lagos. Taking same job at that amount in Abuja would not make one meet up daily expenses.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 16, 2018
goldcoinhub:
A certain Abuja based lady identified as Bibian Chinenye Pius-Urum has taken to to Facebook to give a narration on which city is better between the nation's capital Abuja and Lagos. According to her argument, Abuja should never be compared to Lagos as the standard of living is extremely higher in the capital city.

Read her post below:

https://lailasnews.com/lagos-can-never-be-compared-with-abuja-lady-blasts-lagosians/

Everything this lady said about lagos is true.. God knows there's a difference between a lagosian and a Nigerian born and raised elsewhere..
Lagosians are angry, opportunistic thieves who cannot wait to take advantage of another in the name of being street smart.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by oxygenlove(m): 11:45pm On May 16, 2018
ascapella:
Put 24 million people in Abuja and watch how your beautiful abuja becomes a slum. Even your FCT Minister go run. Leave our Lagos alone jare! Is it your anger?
brother God Go bless you, , and they compare, housing in abj cost coz of those politicians spending spree, thats all. ,.Mexico Get Traffic Jam Pass Lagos, Them Stil Dey Live There Life. i dnt just knw why they compare such ,its kindof blunt to me , and they say Lagosians are angry, NO BE EVERY NIGERIAN THEY FRUSTRATED IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by obataokenwa(m): 11:47pm On May 16, 2018
oxygenlove:
brother God Go bless you, , and they compare, housing in abj cost coz of those politicians spending spree, thats all. ,.Mexico Get Traffic Jam Pass Lagos, Them Stil Dey Live There Life. i dnt just knw why they compare such ,its kindof blunt to me , and they say Lagosians are angry, NO BE EVERY NIGERIAN THEY FRUSTRATED IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER
Lagos is everything that makes Nigeria a bad country

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by ademoladeji(m): 11:50pm On May 16, 2018
oglalasioux:
The lady is on point.

Kubwa to Nyanya is 1600 on Uber, provided it's not between the hours of 7am to 10am and 5pm to 8pm. The hours mentioned has the craziest traffic on the AYA-Nyanya-Mararaba route in the Capital City.

She's so fcukin outta point.

To begin with, compare the population of both cities, how congested they are...

Uber can never bill you 7k from Maryland to VI with same traffic condition as between Kubwa and Nyanya for 1600. Also, Lagos is built up while Abuja isn't in same level because you can't find any road in lagos with same superb engineering design as that of Abuja.

On the issue of no bribe by civil servants... She absolutely got it all wrong. Kindly ask her to visit FCDA, FERMA, FIRS, AGIS to mention only a few. These government's agencies only live on unlawful extortion. The Abuja Police are one of the worse though better than the ones in Lagos. The worst police team in Abuja are found at under Berger bridge.

On pollution, it is nominal... all cities have slums. Tell me what you at Galadimawa village, Karimo, Gwagwa, Aleeta, Tudun Wada,Etc...?

We choose where we want based on desires n opportunities.

I've live in both cities but in all fairness, Enugu remains my best choice while Akure takes the Silver medal and Jos the bronze winner.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by InvertedHammer: 11:52pm On May 16, 2018
/*
I like how people that reside in Lagos believe that life in Lagos is normal.

By all indices, if you reside in Lagos, you are not living. You are merely passing through life. At what point does chaotic life become normal? Just like anything Nigeria, everything is turned upside down logically. It would have been nice if Lagosians can brag about uninterrupted electricity. Instead all I hear is the old "if you can survive in Lagos blablabla" thereby elevating "suffering and shmiling" to a norm. Everywhere in Nigeria is sh1thole.

*/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by enemyofprogress: 11:52pm On May 16, 2018
Even those that have not bean to boat Abuja and Lagos befour are commenten.

Someone tolded me that Abuja is two expenses,but Lagos is very sheep
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by oxygenlove(m): 11:53pm On May 16, 2018
obataokenwa:
Lagos is everything that makes Nigeria a bad country
really? minus Lagos From 9ja And See What Makes Nigeria What It Is Today, ,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by jollyjarkofgod: 11:53pm On May 16, 2018
Everyone in Lagos is always in a rush...sometimes i wonder where every one is rushing to..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by LZAA: 11:56pm On May 16, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Absolutely True... Awon Developers of life grin grin
LZAA

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Fawklicant: 11:57pm On May 16, 2018
The average lagosian is angry by default. You'll only notice it once you've lived outside Lagos for a while. Truth be told, asides the commerce in Lagos, most people would remain or prefer other more serene cities. Hunger is the major driving force that retains people in Lagos. It is easier to make a living in Lagos due to the commercial nature.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by obataokenwa(m): 11:58pm On May 16, 2018
oxygenlove:
really? minus Lagos From 9ja And See What Makes Nigeria What It Is Today, ,
A dark spot on a white shirt makes it absurd. Lagos is the bad news of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by LZAA: 11:59pm On May 16, 2018
bamoski:

but immhotep and that his degenerate fàg lzaa keeps polluting every where with their dumb opinions rather than focus on their own problems.

what a waste of space they are

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by CaptainFM1: 12:03am On May 17, 2018
Sorry bae, Lasgidi is for smart people! Need I remind you what our three wise men "welcome to Lagos" mean?

No dulling, No idling, Be smart!

Lagos is a very dynamic city, Abuja is still playing catch up till date...thanks to oil money tho.

Lagos is a land of opportunities that's why hustlers thronged it. You are not a hustler...Perhaps the lazy Nigerian youth your daddy in Aso rock talked about.

It seems to me that Abuja is for Lazy people and polithievians. Its very easy to waddle your tail in front of a Dino and land yourself a very juicy contract on Nicon Hilton bed however ugly you may be.

When comparing two cities, you have to be very objective and detach your emotions from the two. Some of your points are clearly valid but most appear a one sided thinking!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by CaptainFM1: 12:05am On May 17, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Even those that have not bean to boat Abuja and Lagos befour are commenten.

Someone tolded me that Abuja is two expenses,but Lagos is very sheep

Do you mean cheap?
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by YorubaAssasin: 12:10am On May 17, 2018
[quote author=LZAA post=67626306][/quote]

Beautiful pple... cool
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Iceberg3: 12:12am On May 17, 2018
If they are talking about Lagos like this,what is the hope of those coneheads enclaves like Ogbomosho,Ibadan,Oshogbo? That means those places are complete slums grin

Lzaa immothep shalomc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by DEcclesia(m): 12:13am On May 17, 2018
I don't like Lagos for once, very noisy and dirty place. I will choose Abuja 10times over Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Elliot2(m): 12:14am On May 17, 2018
afroniger:

You are not normal. On top wetin? Is she your wife, gf, or from your tribe because the way you are behaving is not like a normal person at all. Oya here, take your merecine and go and die.
bro,wetin u dey feel like sef na? D said lady is not d originator of d debate,she only added her views just like every does . Nobody is fighting here,so why take it personal to insult the girl and the other person who tried to correct you? Abeg calm down n take thingz easy.
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by enemyofprogress: 12:15am On May 17, 2018
CaptainFM1:

Do you mean cheap?
warever
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Elliot2(m): 12:17am On May 17, 2018
bamoski:

but immhotep and that his degenerate fàg lzaa keeps polluting every where with their dumb opinions rather than focus on their own problems.

what a waste of space they are
You are a big fool! So na cos of opinion wey she add to d current harmless debate,na im u dey insult person? Idiot feeling funky! Nansense.
Re: Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians by Nobody: 12:18am On May 17, 2018
thank God I never relocate yet, I beg jor make sit don gallant put for abj, bcuz if I never go lag b4, I for dey imagine. so I bin dia b4 & to be honest that scenery no fit me at all..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video) / Welcome To Akure City (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.