Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP (39137 Views)

Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right / Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 7:18am On May 18, 2018
Sir do you mean to say transmission... I guess it's an omission... Transmission transfer for commission.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by obaataaokpaewu: 7:19am On May 18, 2018
They are trying to divert our attention from the "transmission " blunder of the IG
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by godwinkessi: 7:19am On May 18, 2018
wink
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by xreal: 7:22am On May 18, 2018
"Officers have been lectured"

Which officers? You only lecture the already lectured educated officers who are not seen on the streets.

Why not lecture the 50naira officers on the road?
Why not lecture the trigger-happy, dirty-looking, illiterate SARS?

Make I no transmission my anger here.

2 Likes

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by chuka5000(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2018
all these things go work?
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Sike(m): 7:25am On May 18, 2018
Easier said than done fam. Easier.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Nobody: 7:28am On May 18, 2018
me thinks IGP is transmitting well.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by agukayode(m): 7:28am On May 18, 2018
as if they hear two hot slaps go make u forget ur rights
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Yankiss(m): 7:28am On May 18, 2018
tokrizy:
i Jst wish d stupid police have phones to see this news..they won't stp searching
They have phones and are reading. But that won't stop them. They an always manufacture valid complaint.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by CDCEO001: 7:29am On May 18, 2018
Why should Nigerian police use Gmail account for official jobs?
Why can't we have a 3 or 4 digits emergency number?
They expect us to memorise 11 digits on an emergency, that are not even a toll free number? So if you have no airtime you can't call the police.
Mcheeew self!

2 Likes

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Yankiss(m): 7:29am On May 18, 2018
tokrizy:
i Jst wish d stupid police have phones to see this news..they won't stp searching
They have phones and are reading. But that won't stop them. They can always manufacture valid complaint.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by walozanga(m): 7:30am On May 18, 2018
TELL THOSE STUUUPID POLICE MEN IN FESTAC
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by rofanx13: 7:30am On May 18, 2018
This transmission crooner meant the opposite. Follow his words and die in the hands of his men. The most corrupt ig that nigeria has ever had.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:39am On May 18, 2018
why on earth are they still adding force to that their name, I thought its The Nigerian Police; No wonder they're misbehaving
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by clive2u(m): 7:46am On May 18, 2018
Get the guns from them and give them baton, thats what make them feel they're above the law. Afterall they dont use it on arm robbers but innocent civilians. Police especially those low ranked illiterate dont need guns

1 Like

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Nobody: 7:50am On May 18, 2018
ch3ckm8:
They haven't been "commissioned" grin

Yeah and transmitted to the police on the road.

1 Like

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by EmmyDJourno: 7:53am On May 18, 2018
Even though I am tempted to give kudos to the Nigeria Police Force for the PR war they are engaging in

I feel we still need to give them knocks, cause their Wahala plenty angry
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Daboomb: 7:56am On May 18, 2018
cashlurd:
Virtually everytime I enter Lagos, the Nigeria Police on uniforms and moftis in yellow buses do stop and search me and go ahead to forcefully search through my phone messengers, gallery, whatsapp, email and even facebook. It's a huge harassment. But what can man do? If you counter them, they could shoot u and you would be just one of those Nairaland stories about "man shoot by trigger happy policeman" and in two days, your news would be stale.

So I always let them do whatever they want. Last time, after searching me and the Uber driver along Festac town, they left me and took the uber driver to their station simply because they saw his chat with a foreign number on his phone discussing how to import a car.

Tired of Nigeria I swear!!!

I think l am just very unlucky because l always pray that l should encounter one of these 'stop & search' my phone SARS team but so far, l have never been lucky! angry angry

My phones (One HTC, One Samsung and one old Iphone) are all passworded and they contain very, very sensitive information, including bank pincodes, passwords, e.t.c.

Infact, my phones are hte most important items l have and l guard them seriously.
I want to see how that SARS officer will force me to enter my Pin codes, to unlock the phone, by force, without a valid warrant.
And he can be sure that he will see a lot of foreign calls on it as my phones are not just for making audio calls but are my own business tool.

I guess they do a sort of 'profiling', based on your appearance or how you speak to them, to decide who to search.

Maybe l will be lucky one day sha.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by jaxxy(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2018
Dollyak:
Police shouldn't be able to search your phone without a warrant from the court as is the case with most countries. This is just an abuse of power.

We all know why they search these fones. Its because of suspicious elements which is good however there are protocols to follow bt I think there cud be exceptions.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Daboomb: 7:59am On May 18, 2018
clive2u:
Get the guns from them and give them baton, thats what make them feel they're above the law. Afterall they dont use it on arm robbers but innocent civilians. Police especially those low ranked illiterate dont need guns

very true!

they prolly drop the gun and runaway, once an armed robbery is ongoing. grin grin

Only "special squads" should carry guns and those should not having anything to do with day-2-day normal squabbles - Just armed squads to respond to armed conflicts like robberies.

2 Likes

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by vonlogon: 8:00am On May 18, 2018
They have no right, is it before or after the threaten you with their safety released AK 47. You think Nigerians don't know their rights?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Enice(m): 8:02am On May 18, 2018
tokrizy:
let them search. Whatever evidence they find cannot be used against you in a law court.
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Daboomb: 8:04am On May 18, 2018
xreal:
"Officers have been lectured"

Which officers? You only lecture the already lectured educated officers who are not seen on the streets.

Why not lecture the 50naira officers on the road?
Why not lecture the trigger-happy, dirty-looking, illiterate SARS?

Make I no transmission my anger here.

What is the meaning of this your 'effective, apprehensive, commission and recommendation transmission"......

Chai! Dearis Guudu Oooo!
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Horus(m): 8:06am On May 18, 2018
The best way to protect your phone from police inspection is to keep it locked with a passcode
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by clive2u(m): 8:06am On May 18, 2018
Daboomb:

very true!

they prolly drop the gun and runaway, once an armed robbery is ongoing. grin grin

Only "special squads" should carry guns and those should not having anything to do with day-2-day normal squabbles - Just armed squads to respond to armed conflicts like robberies.
i pray they see this
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by talk2percy(m): 8:06am On May 18, 2018
Nonsense, Nigeria is cursed. These things won't work cuz they are still doing it even as I am typing this, they are searching someone's phone and they will either threaten to shoot u, slap u, beat u or lock u up. They should simply stop giving illiterates and criminals uniforms and guns!!! The intimidation and harassment is too much
Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by vonlogon: 8:09am On May 18, 2018
Daboomb:

I think l am just very unlucky because l always pray that l should encounter one of these 'stop & search' my phone SARS team but so far, l have never been lucky! angry angry

My phones (One HTC, One Samsung and one old Iphone) are all passworded and they contain very, very sensitive information, including bank pincodes, passwords, e.t.c.

Infact, my phones are hte most important items l have and l guard them seriously.
I want to see how that SARS officer will force me to enter my Pin codes, to unlock the phone, by force, without a valid warrant.
And he can be sure that he will see a lot of foreign calls on it as my phones are not just for making audio calls but are my own business tool.

I guess they do a sort of 'profiling', based on your appearance or how you speak to them, to decide who to search.

This is how they will force you. Abeg bros, dont play with them o. I take God beg you

1 Share

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by Odmic2839(m): 8:09am On May 18, 2018
Akanapiaigwe:
Buhari is a criminal
what has buari got to do wit this story on ground. Ha if you be witch or wizard. Onlg God knows how many human blood will be on your neck. Any small thing buari. Hiss

1 Like

Re: Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP by coolh3ad(m): 8:13am On May 18, 2018
Daboomb:

I laugh at the BOLDED. You have not had an experience with them so stop "making mouth"....You can only say that if you are a military personnel, Lawyer or "you know a very important person that knows any of these listed people"....Even Journalist sef dey experience the harassment....Don't do gra gra with SARS o. Those guys no send person. I am telling you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Central APC Protests Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Rejects Lalong (Pics) / Fayose’s Stomach Infrastructure Vs El-Rufai’s City Infrastructure Compared / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.