Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah (27496 Views)

Senator Stella Oduah Abandons Claims Of Having Degrees, NYSC Cert, Submits SSCE / Tinubu Family Takes Possession Of Land With 50 Houses In Surulere Lagos / Senator Stella Oduah Shares Food Items In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by hadaydhollarpo(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2018
nlesor:
Only Lagos And Abuja...Non In Her Own Region...SMH
this is one the Easterner billionaires who develop other regions @ the expense of the state they claim to rep. in the Senate. I doubt if 200 ppl in her village are directly benefitting from her wealth.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:02am On May 19, 2018
sean1000x:
AMCON was setup to take over Igbo businesses. Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga all owe billions of dollars but it's only Igbo businesses they target their assets...Ifeanyi Ubah, Nwankwu Kanu, Stella Oduah, more. Cocharis, Ibeto and Innoson are next. As I right now, they are plotting with that Afonja bank to confiscate Nextsoil skyscraper in Lagos. They conniving with banks to carry out their evil on Igbos, just like Innoson case where the bank criminally inflated their loans, then turn around to ask court to freeze Innoson goods and assets, with hope of ultimately involving AMCON. Igbo business men and women have no clue the amount of evil these people have for them.

Afonjas above and below are already happy. They enjoy to see Igbos in pain and misfortune. To them that's the only way to stop Igbo since they cannot compete with the chosen children of God.
Your submission is totally defective

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by seguno2: 8:04am On May 19, 2018
vedaxcool:
Mrs. BMW needful contract inflator

Who was sacked by Jonathan after how many days/weeks of the story becoming public?
How many months did it take Buhari to sack Babachir the grass cutting contract inflator
Buhari, who is supposed to be fighting corruption, even wrote the senators that the thief was clean shocked No surprise sha, the same Buhari said that Abacha did not steal our money even after much recovered loot.

olokeded:
On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari's letter clearing Babachir Lawal , secretary federal of the federation of allegations leveled against him was read on the floor of the senate.

See full letter below:

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/photos-buharis-letter-to-senate.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4785691_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4785692_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4785693_3_jpeg182845aceb39c9e413e28fd549058cf8

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:04am On May 19, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
jesus see properties

this woman is making Alison maduekwe look like a learnergringrin
For where ? That woman Dazie will daze you when the real list of her acquisition comes out
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by shekauvsbuhari: 8:06am On May 19, 2018
nlesor:
No igbo person should defend this yeye woman. She is on her own. None of her companies or assets in in her region. Not even in her enstranged husband's region. Na to gather 65 catholic priests to bury her son she do for her region. Nonsensical woman.

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by seguno2: 8:06am On May 19, 2018
deji17:
How did she manage to get all these companies, property and funds to herself? Was she giving GEJ a lap dance or what?

Did your idol, Buhari clear Babachir and Abacha of stealing our money because he was fcvking their dirty anus
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by hush15: 8:11am On May 19, 2018
deji17:

How did she manage to get all these companies, property and funds to herself? Was she giving GEJ a lap dance or what?

Na that one make you know talk o. SPG has been in existence for a very long time o and i want to believe before her political career. She may have started out with contracts like supplying diesel which usually all of them started out with. I also remember seeing her gas plant back then...

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Mrnairalandd: 8:14am On May 19, 2018
Xander85:

Fool, so you're equating Senator Oduahs' situation with that of Bode George who was tried and convicted? Now tell me, what is Senator Oduahs' crime?

As much as i don't trust the Nigerian legal system, i'm quite prepared to accept any decision emanating from there, no matter the misgivings i may have about said judgement. My problem with you lot is how you try, convict and sentence anyone you don't like the look of just because they're of the 'wrong' party, ethnic group, religion or disposition!

Jimoh Ibrahim business was taken over by AMCON without Yorubas reading tribal meaning to it.

Banks consolidation few years ago affected 70% Yorubas CEOs and Yorubas didn’t read tribal meaning to it. Why Igbos all the time?

AMCON took over these businesses after they have been through Court process.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by seguno2: 8:16am On May 19, 2018
Mrnairalandd:
Jimoh Ibrahim business was taken over by AMCON without Yorubas reading tribal meaning to it.

Banks consolidation few years ago affected 70% Yorubas CEOs and Yorubas didn’t read tribal meaning to it. Why Igbos all the time?

Thanks for the reminder.
The earlier we all stop defending the rogues in our corner and even family, the better for us.

5 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by AceDomino(m): 8:17am On May 19, 2018
You're all very confused sets of nigeria fighting for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by deenee: 8:18am On May 19, 2018
sean1000x:
AMCON was setup to take over Igbo businesses. Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga all owe billions of dollars but it's only Igbo businesses they target their assets...Ifeanyi Ubah, Nwankwu Kanu, Stella Oduah, more. Cocharis, Ibeto and Innoson are next. As I right now, they are plotting with that Afonja bank to confiscate Nextsoil skyscraper in Lagos. They conniving with banks to carry out their evil on Igbos, just like Innoson case where the bank criminally inflated their loans, then turn around to ask court to freeze Innoson goods and assets, with hope of ultimately involving AMCON. Igbo business men and women have no clue the amount of evil these people have for them.

Afonjas above and below are already happy. They enjoy to see Igbos in pain and misfortune. To them that's the only way to stop Igbo since they cannot compete with the chosen children of God.

All business thrive on debt. The problem arises when people borrow and refuse to pay back.

Otedola's business assets were also siezed by Amcon and he had to sell alot of his personal assets to repay including his private jet and second yatch.

Dangote obligations are up to date, same for adenuga. Jimoh Ibrahim is in the same boat with your fellow igbo brothers and is facing th same fate as them.

If you are following the story well without bias, you will know that they have been trying to get her to pay down since 2012 which is like 6 years from today and she has refused yet the business is still a going concern expanding and acquring trading assets all over the country. She even has two tank farms that are still functional. Imagine that she was paying down 2b per year since 2012 she would have paid like 12b now but she just refused. Even the benefits from her senator work in quote can materially cover the repayments

Pls don't whip up any tribal sentiments here. Ifeanyi uba came to the capital market in 2006-2007 to raise about 50b for capital oil and gas. The ipo was over subscribed and he raised about 75b, got listed on the NSE when Ndi Okereke was MD of NSE (fellow igbo sister) and has only published annual reports like three times since his listing in 2009. Now tell me what did he do with the money raised from public investors like you and i. Yet he wants to bcome gov of a state,same with stella oduah

Get your facts right before posting trash.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by seguno2: 8:24am On May 19, 2018
deenee:
All business thrive on debt. The problem arises when people borrow and refuse to pay back.

Otedola'a assets were also siezed by Amcon and he had to sell alot of his personal assets to repay including his private jet and second batch.

Dangote obligations are up to date same for adenuga. Jimoh Ibrahim is on the same boat with your fellow igbo brothers and is facing a same date as them.

If you are following the story well without bias, you will know that they have been trying to get her to pay down since 2012 which is like 6 years from today and she has refused yet the business is still a gong concern expanding and acquring trading assets all over the country. She even has two tank farms that are still functional. Imagome that she was paying down 2b per since 2012 she would have paid like 12b now but sh just refused. Even the benefits from her senator work in quote can materially cover the repayments

Pls don't whip up any tribal sentiments here. Ifeanyi una came to the capital market in 2006-2007 to raise about 50b for capital oil and gas. The ipo was over subscribed and he raise about 75b got listed on the NSE and has only published annual reports like three times since his listing in 2009. Now tell me what did he do with the money raised?

Get your facts right before posting trash.

Thanks for the insight.
The jobless youths defending her based on tribal affiliations don’t understand how her irresponsible behaviour denies them of a dignified way of making money.
Instead they will be scheming how to risk death in the Sahara desert and Mediterranean Sea plus slavery in Libya trying to reach Europe and America.
What a shameful lot.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by ArcFresky(m): 8:36am On May 19, 2018
sean1000x:

Afonja....show us one company or equipment Alakija has? Stella Oduah has owned these assets since early 90s after she returned from US where she studied.

Look at all the properties your god has... how many are located in the east.. buffon

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Madutch007(m): 8:39am On May 19, 2018
ADVICE
Our Nigerian musicians/artistes should try to learn a simple life lesson of giving. There are so many IDP's accross the country right now in need of their Millions. Don't just Sing about them to make your millions, grow your fan base and when you are made you tend to forget the locations of the suffering IDP's accross the nation. Instead of lavishing your earthly gotten wealth on earthly things like buying of Diamond rings for fiance, 45 Million Naira Porsche car for girl friend tagging it (ASSURANCE). Our Musicians/Artistes should also remember that they are relevant today enjoying their earthly gotten wealth because Nigeria is still peaceful inspite of some security challenges been faced in some part of the country. God forbid if Nigeria goes to war today all Nigerian Musicians/artistes will be irrelevant and most of them will even become the shadow of them true self. I urge you all to please come together and let raise this banner for a happy country and try to put smiles on the downtrodden. It is certainly not their wish to be in that situation that they found themselves today.
God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

Sani Aliyu say so.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by tiwiex(m): 8:44am On May 19, 2018
sean1000x:

This is a very interesting angle to the whole situation. In this world we live in, anything can happen. Ockhams razor says the simplest explanation might just be correct. I digress.

I notice there is a lot of statements here saying Afonjas don't like Igbos. I have seen this for some time now but treated it as a joke. Either some folks on Naira Land have been burnt through personal interactions or someone has pumped some bad blood here. I am yoruba and I am not aware or senses a friction nationwide between igbos and yorubas as a people. Please let's stop making up unverifiable stories. I agree, the igbos are being shortchanged in a country they are part of. I am sure many people see that. Don't look at the ethnic group of any politician and think they represent the whole group. These people are doing their own thing oh. Have you ever heard of a fight in ANY yoruba state between igbos and yorubas? Maybe I miss something here though.

Sorry, I type plenty. I just would assume the whole Afonjas thing is just online banter else please tell me the source of this legend. Oh. Is it the Oba of Lagos? He spoke for himself too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Jaideyone(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2018
sean1000x:

you are menstruating from your brain grin who set up amcon? is it not Jonathan and okonjo iweala? grin blame them and leave afonjas out of your depressed mind.

thank you!!! cheesy

8 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:57am On May 19, 2018
I wonder when this people will start doing something in their home town imagine all her property is only located in Lagos/Abuja later they will be shouting marginalise who is marginalising who if you don't develop your region who will.

5 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Thatitan234(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2018
Blitz888:

Courtesy of Mariam Babangida

I want that kinda Maryam Babangida my life.
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by bigpicture001: 9:06am On May 19, 2018
deji17:
This is too much nau. For one person
How many people from her village did she empower?
...work.hard and stop blaming ppl for being wealthy.....
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by jaxxy(m): 9:11am On May 19, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin
See your life! Your region is begging for development and infrastructure but your Senator prefer to develop another man land and donate IGR for Yorubaland.

Na we develop Lagos but when Lagos hustle catch up with una you go begin dash blame for Yoruba and Hausa....you don forget say na you develop Lagos.

Yeye transformer angry

When the fight against Corruption is corrupt itself. Buuhari doesn't have the balls to fight corruption he only has the balls to fight his enemies who are corrupt to score cheap points. He shud look arrnd him then we can take him more serious.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Myself2(m): 9:14am On May 19, 2018
deji17:

This woman was made before GEJ became deputy governor of Bayelsa

Do a little research Mi Ignoramus
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by bennymark(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2018
asides our stolen common wealth, she is also from an affluent background

deji17:

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by wink2015(m): 9:24am On May 19, 2018
SENATOR STELLA ODUAH, BOLA SHAGAYA ARE SOME OF THE "BAD GIRLS" OF MRS PATIENCE JONATHAN

But why is Nigerian Politician and Business entrepreneur always want to hide under tribal cover to claim that they are being oppressed.

When they were breaking the law they did not recognize their tribe but when they are being prosecuted they will say they are being punished because they are Igbo, yoruba, hausa etc.

Nigerians should stop hiding under the cover of tribe or ethnicity.

Break the law and face the law. It is that simple.
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by bigpicture001: 9:24am On May 19, 2018
deji17:
AMCON takes possession of asset of Nigerian senator, Stella Oduah
May 18, 2018

Oladeinde Olawoyin

The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) on Friday took over the asset of Sea Petroleum & Gas Limited and its affiliated companies.

The company is promoted by former Minister of Aviation and Nigerian senator, Stella Oduah.

A statement by Jude Nwauzor, AMCON spokesperson, said the organisation took possession of the company’s asset around 11:00a.m Friday.

The decision followed a judgement by Justice M.S. Hassan of the Federal High Court Lagos Division which granted an injunction against Sea Petroleum Oil & Gas Limited, on the application of AMCON.

“Princess Oduah-Ogiemwonyi, a serving member of the 8th Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has been having a running battle with AMCON over her inability to settle her huge debt of nearly N20billion,” Mr Nwauzor said in the statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES.

“AMCON purchased the Eligible Bank Assets (EBAs) of Sea Petroleum & Gas Limited from Union Bank Plc sometime in 2012. But despite the overtures and genuine efforts made by AMCON to reach an amicable settlement, the Senator and her co-promoters have remained recalcitrant.

“Having exhausted all avenues of peaceful resolution of the humongous debt, AMCON had no other choice than to refer the matter to court. The order also affects Princess Stella Oduah’s other business interests for which AMCON has since appointed Moyosore Jubril Onigbanjo, SAN as Receiver over the assets of Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi; Sea Petroleum Oil & Gas Limited; Sea Petroleum and Gas FZE as well as Star Tourism and Hotels Limited.”

The court also ordered the freezing of the funds of Sea Petroleum & Gas Limited and its affiliated companies and principal promoters held anywhere by any entity or persons in Nigeria, the statement said.

It also authorised AMCON and its Receiver, Moyosore Onigbanjo, to take over all assets pledged as collateral for the facility by Sea Petroleum Oil & Gas Limited.

“Justice Hassan specifically ordered Sea Petroleum Oil & Gas Limited and its affiliated companies to hand over the company’s business, which sits on over 9000 square metres of land in the fastest developing area of Lagos State along the Lekki-Epe Express Way; two Tank Farms of 500 metric tonnes capacity; a property at Maiyegun Tourism Zone, Lekki Peninsula Scheme 11, Lagos Island and a filling station complex at kilometre 14, Lekki Epe Expressway, Ikota, Lagos State,” the statement explained.

“The court order also listed a host of other assets across the country including Plot 2,block 12C, Babafemi Osapa Crescent Lekki, Lagos State; Block 5, house 4AMobolaji Johnson Estate, Lekki, Lagos State; Office/filling station at Jakande, Lekki, Lagos State; Office complex 1,2 and 3 km 14, Lekki-epe Expressway , Ikota, Lagos State; Filing station Complex at km14, Lekki Epe Expressway, Ikota Lagos State; Staff residential Quarters, Ikota Lagos State; E25-E36, Gat Oboh Drive, Millennium Estate, Oniru, Lagos State and F3-F5, SPG Road, Millennium Estate, Oniru, Lagos State. The rest include, SPG Agungi 2 Lekki Lagos State; Office/Filling station complex at Funmilayo Ransome Kuti, FCT, Abuja; Gas plant at Karu, FCT, Abuja; Filing station Complex, Lugbe, FCT Abuja and Agriculture Farm at Kuje, FCT Abuja.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/268890-amcon-takes-possession-of-asset-of-nigerian-senator-stella-oduah.html#.Wv8eEWYGpLU.twitter
..this is an eye opener for the gullible APC followers..they listed this woman among the VERY big thieves in Jonathan's administration..now think for ur self.that is if APC would allow u think..if sh actually stole as ur APC proclaimed and bought those properties with stolen fund, y would sh still be owning that large amount of money..? especially knowing that sh has not paid any money to the buhari govt being mayb money for plea bargain not to go to jail...luk at the list again..they.might seem.many..but they are small.small properties..of flats in a block located in choice areas in.lagos....now u fools, have u asked ur self how TINUBU became wealthier than dangote? without any form of good bizness
.? mumu them

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:26am On May 19, 2018
Mrnairalandd:

Oti oju funmi o... imagine none of her business empire even situated at her home town or any of the eastern part of the country very soon they will be crying marginalise ups and down no wonder people don't take them serious anyone.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by BabaRamota1980: 9:29am On May 19, 2018
Myself2:

This woman was made before GEJ became deputy governor of Bayelsa

Do a little research Mi Ignoramus

Yeah, every Ibo with stained riches was made before. Kalu was made before, Obi was made before, Ubah was made before....yet they all lack business acumen and patriotism.

How can you have these many properties in a foreign land while your own land is barren?

....and you all cheered and voted this person into Senate to represent you. She is representing Lagos and Abuja. grin

4 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:31am On May 19, 2018
bigpicture001:
..this is an eye opener for the gullible APC followers..they listed this woman among the VERY big thieves in Jonathan's administration..now think for ur self.that is if APC would allow u think..if sh actually stole as ur APC proclaimed and bought those properties with stolen fund, y would sh still be owning that large amount of money..? especially knowing that sh has not paid any money to the buhari govt being mayb money for plea bargain not to go to jail...luk at the list again..they.might seem.many..but they are small.small properties..of flats in a block located in choice areas in.lagos....now u fools, have u asked ur self how TINUBU became wealthier than dangote? without any form of good bizness
.? mumu them
In as much as am not a big fan of Tinubu, ode who told you that Tinubu is richer than dangote? please find something else to talk about...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by byemx06(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2018
sean1000x:

how come you got all this information.... ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Xander85: 9:42am On May 19, 2018
abokikhalifa:

You and I know that JONATHAN help this Igbo people you called to make money bro. They got reach under Jonathan’s time. How manage?

And who helped Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani make theirs?
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:48am On May 19, 2018
sean1000x:

Clown that's who you are
Re: AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah by Deltatoto: 9:54am On May 19, 2018
nlesor:
her house in anambra is bigger than ur entire village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha’s Party (AA) Dumps Buhari, Adopts Atiku - Vanguard / Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do / It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.