Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation (34991 Views)

We Did Not Monitor Labour Party Congresses In South East - INEC / APC Parallel Congresses Targeted At Buhari – Senator Marafa / APC Reacts To Parallel Congresses In Lagos, Oyo, Kwara, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by engineerboat(m): 1:28pm On May 19, 2018
BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation. 

The crisis rocking the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) has entered another cruise control, as it seems the confrontation with National Leader of the Party, Asiwaju Tinubu and his boys may not be ending soon. 

A faction loyal to Asiwaju Tinubu had made public the full results of their own congress even as the election of new party officers is just about to start at ACME Road. 

Meanwhile, Muiz Banire and others are holding a parallel Congress at Airport Hotel, dismissing Tinubu's Congress as illegal, citing that it is based on 57 Local Governments and theirs on the Constitutional 20 Local Governments as stipulated in the constitution of Nigeria. 

Mr Banire who is the National Legal Adviser of APC, while addressing his supporters said, they will not surrender Lagos to those who only want to keep enriching themselves without the interest of the masses, saying that they will do everything possible to truncate the continued reign of Tinubu in Lagos.

At the end of today, APC in Lagos may produce two different state excos, and may lead to further chaos in the party.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by engineerboat(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2018
Also:

A faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos is currently holding a parallel state congress at the Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja.

Led by a former campaign Director General of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, Dr. Fouad Oki, the faction said it is conducting its state congress to elect the State Working Executive of the party.

Whilst the faction claimed that it is expecting officials of the Party and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to monitor the exercise, the factional congress has in attendance wards and local government delegates.

Notable among those at the congress include a serving House of Assembly member, Hon. Omotayo Oduntan (Alimosho ll); Chief Olu Bakare, former Commissioner, Hon. Sunmonu, Alhaja Aminat Idera, among others.

The factional congress is still ongoing.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/05/just-in-apc-faction-holds-parallel-state-congress-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by engineerboat(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2018
I hope we will not have parallel APC national convention come June.

Madridguy, buhariguy what do you see about that

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by Paperwhite(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2018
shocked Hehehe- grin grin grin grin grin. Karma is really real.When Rotimi Amaechi threatened the sovereignity of Nigeria by declaring that "the APC will form a Parallel Government if they loose the 2015 elections",little did the party knew that the highly treasonable statement( that was not even condemned or Amaechi punished) will someday come around to hunt them like this.
From Amaechi's Rivers APC,Tinubu's-Lagos,Dogara-Bauchi,Ganduje-Kano,infact virtually all APC states are engulfed in one intraparty power tussle or the other.
The parallel government is already formed within & will surely consume them all.
Moral-"Whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap".Enjoy change people.

245 Likes 15 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by SalamRushdie: 1:36pm On May 19, 2018
Hmnn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by itsobasi: 1:41pm On May 19, 2018
Lagos Kwa

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by Firefire(m): 1:52pm On May 19, 2018
Useless and demonic party of morons.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by eazydon(m): 1:52pm On May 19, 2018
Lol.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by IJOBA2: 1:57pm On May 19, 2018
MUIZ BANIRE AND BOLA AHMED TINUBU ARE BOTH YORUBA MUSLIMS.

WE ARE WATCHING

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by clarocuzioo(m): 1:59pm On May 19, 2018
Now we understand why there is so much confusion, poverty, underdevelopment and backwardness in the country.
The people we entrusted with the responsibility of piloting the affairs of this country cannot peacefuly hold common ward Congresses, it is marred with either violence or friction of various degrees, how then are they to enthrone good and quality governance in a nation as complex as Nigeria?
Now we also understand why the following are confused on this forum
Madridguy
Buhariguy
APCsupporer
Igbodefender
Sarraki
Sarakin
Deji09
Gavelsam.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by BankeSmalls(f): 2:01pm On May 19, 2018
Me and my classmates just formed our own APC faction here in Ibadan grin congress results loading grin

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by Oceannaagent: 2:05pm On May 19, 2018
Is that a sign of what will happen at the national level?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by tommykiwi(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2018
APChit we are used to dis una nation wide disgrace! Make una just do commot for power,.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by WisdomFlakes: 2:06pm On May 19, 2018
I don't think there's any 'Fashola faction' because he is more focused on his ministries and not the confrontational type. Muiz on the other hand is just seeking attention since he was expelled some months back at his ward. He was one of the architects of the truncated Oyegun elongation plan and is afraid he will completely lose out after Oyegun's tenure. The Tinubu/Ambode faction is the only 'mainstream' one in Lagos while the others are mere pretenders.

42 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by Metuh: 2:06pm On May 19, 2018
Apc must scatter insha Allah grin grin

I'm happy that the enemy of the people are dividing.

A party built on lies that can't even rule for ordinary 3 years without fights. Tufiakwa

We must chase these misfits out by 2019

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by Obijulius: 2:06pm On May 19, 2018
And one idiot is busy posting imaginary achievements of the useless idiot Osibanjo.

Goats!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by EmmyDJourno: 2:07pm On May 19, 2018
There is only PMB

APC and PDP is all the same, agbero, and Babasowipe politics

So whether you cry, wail or shout "go and get your PVC", it's all Sai Baba in 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by Bobby4090: 2:08pm On May 19, 2018
Freedom of speech is part of democracy but false publicly is just their reward. They even started by acknowledging that theirs is just a faction. Just a faction. They don't even know what they want.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by misgab: 2:08pm On May 19, 2018
about time
Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by obonujoker(m): 2:08pm On May 19, 2018
I thought Tinubu is in control of Lagos APC??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by Bobby4090: 2:08pm On May 19, 2018
H
Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by fergie001: 2:08pm On May 19, 2018
Lagos?

My mouth shut up

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by doctokwus: 2:09pm On May 19, 2018
I thought Lagos party members and government officials were "jazzed" with the juju of Tinubu.
Until they extricate themselves from the corrupt empire of Tinubu,Lagosians,particularly APC members,would not make progress in their political and economic lives.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by coluka: 2:09pm On May 19, 2018
I just emerged as the State chairman of my own faction of APC in Lagos!!!! Pls show me some love, it wasn't easy but God was on our side.
APC!!!!!! TRANSMISSIO........errr I mean, I'm sorry CHANGE!!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by autotrader014(m): 2:09pm On May 19, 2018
Dem never see anything.. grin

I just dey laf dem..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by hucienda: 2:09pm On May 19, 2018
smh.
Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by pat077: 2:10pm On May 19, 2018
The only difference between PDP and APC is just the acronym.... The people are the same

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by fergie001: 2:10pm On May 19, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Me and my classmates just formed our own APC faction here in Ibadan grin congress results loading grin
Hahahaha
Are you in IB?
Re: BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation by noble71(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2018
A foundation built on lies will one day be demolished. APC will be disgraced out of office.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AIT Hate Attacks On Buhari; A Violation Of Ethics And Standards Of Journalism. / El-rufai Digging It Out In A Football Field (photo) / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.