Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. (31519 Views)

5 Cr*zy � S*xual Traditions That Are Still Practiced In Africa � / What Indigenous Practice Do You Think It Should No Longer Be Practiced Nowadays? / How Yoruba Kings Practiced Sex Slavery In Pre Colonial Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by youngguru23(m): 9:13pm On May 20, 2018
jerry447:
you people always rejects any thing development.....
That's how sense is far from you
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by OGmoney19(m): 9:14pm On May 20, 2018
This nonsense is transmitted from the transmission to ur Brain...
Think well if u get roasted, ur dad or that ur bae......
Who cremation EPP....
Cremation Gbuó gì.....
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:16pm On May 20, 2018
didi79:
I agree with this totally
START THE TREND IN YOUR FAMILY.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by laivwire(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2018
psp2pc:
Nairaland dull this weekend. been refreshing FP all day.. no captivating news.

FP is one out of almost 10 million pages on nairaland. Scratch below the surface. New threads, trending and various sub segments have new feeds you can up.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by tolufase: 9:18pm On May 20, 2018
The practice is not known in Islam.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Deltatoto: 9:20pm On May 20, 2018
dareyyyy:
Both Islam and Christain Religions do not support it...I can't imagining burning my Mum or Dad.
its better o do memories can fade
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by ednut1(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2018
I support this. No one wud come steal ur skull, ur bones wont get washed away incase of flash flood. My children or grandchildren can easily sell me house instead of leaving it there if they move abroad angry
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by checkedout: 9:23pm On May 20, 2018
jerry447:
you people always rejects any thing development.....

Christainity doesn't support it too bro
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dareyyyy(m): 9:26pm On May 20, 2018
victorazyvictor:

..but you can cover them with mud? you must be heartless..

for your info, what your burying or burning is not your love ones but rubbish.
something is wrong with your brain, so I should leave them to spell?...
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:27pm On May 20, 2018
mofy1:

Receive sense Oshare. I repeat we Muslims say NO to cremation. Argue with your phone.

Let's go our separate ways
It's for the best... It will benefit all
No point arguing with one another

Your dreams will come true in the Islamic Republic of Nigeria under the life presidency of Buhari...

2 Likes

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by olarid01: 9:29pm On May 20, 2018
Dboy55:
speak for yourself bro,not all muslims,

Not all Muslims? Perhaps you should check yourself and ask this question: "am I a Muslim?"
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by inosend: 9:35pm On May 20, 2018
Naija, I hail o. We import anything and everything 'importable'.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Kaiser94(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2018
Meekdon:
2 Pac cremated and his ashes smoked up by OUTLAWZ smiley

Real one bro�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by LZAA: 9:36pm On May 20, 2018
EponOjuku:
Burial is a fusion of spiritual beliefs and cultural practices and those 2 things are very difficult to change.

In India for instance, they're largely Buddhists and cremation is widely practiced while In the Middle East and North Africa, Islam is predominant and cremation is haram in Islam.

Lagos State passed the Lagos State Cremation Law in 2013 authorising voluntary cremation of corpses and corpses unclaimed for 14 days. Since the law was passed, how many people have you heard that were cremated in Nigeria? Ironically, even that law states that after cremation, the ashes are to be BURIED.

Cremation is dead on arrival in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by aquila3: 9:38pm On May 20, 2018
Explorers:
Cremation, you can't forget about the dead easily because the ash can be used to make jewelries which one can hold on to for a lifetime.

The ash urn can also be kept.

Installation of modern enviromentfriendly Crematorium/furnace can cost as low as $30, 000(₦11million)

Cremation of a body can also cost as low as $1500(₦500k)

In ondo, you can bury with less than 100k including coffin, land, and digging.

Cremation is cool if introduced in Nigeria with modern furnace.

But i don't believe is cheap and saying you can forget your dead easily like op stated.

Most people opt for cremation for their ash to be kept, depending on the last wish of the dead.
onimon ero adewale abduralmon awari otun
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by James4424: 9:39pm On May 20, 2018
I know many of you will see this as an insult or disrespect to the dead, I feel the same way. But what use will it be to allow yourself or your brother or your dad! to be eaten up by maggots. Please let's think away from what society allows us to think.

3 Likes

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by talk2percy(m): 9:39pm On May 20, 2018
dareyyyy:
Both Islam and Christain Religions do not support it...I can't imagining burning my Mum or Dad.
but u can lower them six feet down and dump that sand on them??

1 Like

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by SOPIGO: 9:39pm On May 20, 2018
If Lazarus in d bible was incremented where would he has been resurrected from? If incremention was a better & Good idea d bible wouldn't have mentioned d dead in d MEMORIAL TOMB.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 20, 2018
okomile:
It's a no, no, no, no, no. Land plenty for Nigeria and not rejecting corpses shocked
Hello dear
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by lastmaster(m): 9:40pm On May 20, 2018
Dboy55:
Cremation is a traditional process of converting the dead body into ashes across the globe. The modern process of cremation has been invented to execute the process into the more depending way. With the use of cremation machines, the dead body is placed into it using mechanical aligners or hydraulic lifters.

Once the door is closed, the flame has been introduced to burn the body. After a certain interval of time, the door is opened to recognize the burning operation so that ashes can be returned to the family members.

Ashes can be planted as trees also .

ADVANTAGES OF CREMATION OVER BEEN BURIED

1:its more cheaper than being buried
2:Due to the high population explosion we are experiencing there will come a time when there will be shortage of land to accommodate the growing population,so cremation helps conserve land that will be used in burying the dead .
3:it makes you forget about the dead eaisly .,

So what do you think nairalandlandes,should cremated be encourage in our dear country Nigeria.
4. it won't allow the mining of the dead person skull.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by OLAJADON: 9:41pm On May 20, 2018
Dboy55:
speak for yourself bro,not all muslims,
a Muslim is an ambassador of Islam so he speaks for muslims.
Islam forbid cremation, take your cremation to your suppose developed countries

1 Like

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Born2Breed(f): 9:42pm On May 20, 2018
In the 80's when the Indians were dominating our educational sector, the crude cremation was popular among them. I can still remember watching them from my uncles house opposite the cemetery.

I don't think its cheap, cos the gallons of kings vegetable oil they use then could cook for a whole village.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Timagex(m): 9:43pm On May 20, 2018
Danelo:
If we allow that in this part of the world,our youths will use it as a form of getting hi.

@Op imagine say after u r cremated some guys begin smoke u. grin
grin grin cheesy that one go bad shocked
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Maket: 9:46pm On May 20, 2018
We have more than enough land to be used for burial. Don't you know that from the dust we came and to the dust we shall returned? You didn't want to fertilize the land for the next generations?

Modified
Assuming the person cremated is going to hail fire, that means double hail fire. One from � men to the body and finally from God to the soul. For me and my family said no to cremation. Our souls and body is to heaven.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Sarah20A(f): 9:46pm On May 20, 2018
New replacement of codeine and tramadol for the lazy Nigerians youth undecided
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Originalsly: 9:50pm On May 20, 2018
Hmmm....I'm here to learn......ashes can be planted as trees......ashes can be used to make jewelry . ..so much education here on NL...or is it miseducation?
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by tete7000(m): 9:50pm On May 20, 2018
Danelo:
If we allow that in this part of the world,our youths will use it as a form of getting hi.

@Op imagine say after u r cremated some guys begin smoke u. grin

The way your mind works, it seems like you don dey smoke cremated ash tete. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by noskcid(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2018
Oga burial ground nor dey full
Go yaba, mushin, balende cementry go confirm am
My village own never full since dem born me
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 20, 2018
dareyyyy:
once one dies,they become non-human and dead bcus dey no longer live. So why attach feelings to dead things.even the bible said,let d dead bury d dead. Stop attching importance and feelings to ded people be it who it is.

3 Likes

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by James4424: 9:53pm On May 20, 2018
Printerscanner:

If you want to burn your parents corpses, you can go ahead. I won't burn my parents. Just know that your children will do same for you so that you can enter hell from earth.

O my God. I feel like crying for how naive you are. Which one be `enter hell from earth` because of cremation. Chia!! This one tire me ooo.
See how person dey think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.