Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,064 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. (31520 Views)

5 Cr*zy � S*xual Traditions That Are Still Practiced In Africa � / What Indigenous Practice Do You Think It Should No Longer Be Practiced Nowadays? / How Yoruba Kings Practiced Sex Slavery In Pre Colonial Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by thinkmoney(m): 11:35pm On May 20, 2018
dareyyyy:
Both Islam and Christain Religions do not support it...I can't imagining burning my Mum or Dad.
my brother, study ur Bible. the Bible is not against cremation. if you want me to enlighten u, ask
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dierich: 11:43pm On May 20, 2018
Meekdon:

smileyA die hard one WESTSIDE TILL I DIE in 2pac's voice smiley

wow, we have things in common. right now I'm listening to his music. AMBITIONZ RIDAH
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by chronnister(m): 12:00am On May 21, 2018
[/b]
Danelo:
If we allow that in this part of the world,our youths will use it as a form of getting hi.

@Op imagine say after u r cremated some guys begin smoke u. grin
[b]And they goan be like
this is some good stuff man
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by mukhtara446(m): 12:48am On May 21, 2018
Dboy55:
speak for yourself bro,not all muslims,
No a single Muslim will go against what he said because we believed its the will of our creator that we should buried our death the way the prophet told us, And its not our will but the will of God we always summited
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Diso60090(m): 1:17am On May 21, 2018
Fukafuka:
cool

You mumu sha
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Killurself: 2:00am On May 21, 2018
let ur family be first to practice it , weda by time goes on other can follow and it will be in Nigeria history that ur family was first Nigeria to practice cremation
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by JOJOTRENDS: 2:06am On May 21, 2018
Nl is boring the posts weh they top thread this days self na wa
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Tijay90(m): 2:07am On May 21, 2018
I've always wanted to be cremated when I finally sign out... That's my business...& it's legal.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by EmmGee: 3:43am On May 21, 2018
Dboy55:
all true Muslims then.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by mamajaz(f): 4:14am On May 21, 2018
Danelo:
If we allow that in this part of the world,our youths will use it as a form of getting hi.

@Op imagine say after u r cremated some guys begin smoke u. grin
...and some people go smoke nwamaikpe kwa...nah so their senses go payi
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by ironben(m): 4:17am On May 21, 2018
madridguy:
We Muslim say no to cremation.
Why?
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:30am On May 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
It won't work in Nigeria.

Make people no go keep ashes wey go cause wahala for family.

It's already been practiced in Nigeria. There are crematoriums in Benin and Lagos.
Personally, I think it's really cool.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by okomile(f): 4:32am On May 21, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Hello dear

Hi
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dareyyyy(m): 4:33am On May 21, 2018
thinkmoney:

my brother, study ur Bible. the Bible is not against cremation. if you want me to enlighten u, ask
I am a Muslim, not a Christian. You can go ahead, I want to learn

1 Like

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dareyyyy(m): 4:44am On May 21, 2018
[quote author=victorazyvictor post=67732792]

you talking like a f00l bro!
someone is suggesting of cremation and yaning gibberish.... [/quote well, if you see me as a Bro, your common sense should tell you respect someone else's opinion. Even if what I said is meaningless to you,, am sure some mature minds would pick few sense out of it
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dareyyyy(m): 4:46am On May 21, 2018
Lilisticlili:
once one dies,they become non-human and dead bcus dey no longer live. So why attach feelings to dead things.even the bible said,let d dead bury d dead. Stop attching importance and feelings to ded people be it who it is.
why cry and even do remembrance if you don't have feelings for your dead?
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dareyyyy(m): 4:49am On May 21, 2018
talk2percy:
but u can lower them six feet down and dump that sand on them??
that's God almighty injunction. Tell me where God ask you to burn your dead....
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dankwasau(m): 4:50am On May 21, 2018
Dboy55:
This is not his opinion but a doctrine in Islam. So Islam forbid it
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:12am On May 21, 2018
Meekdon:
cool blog smiley
Thank you.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by mfm04622: 5:49am On May 21, 2018
madridguy:
We Muslim say no to cremation.

Islam is not against cremation. As long as the last bath is given, you can cremate. Go and check how much it cost to bury in the western world, especially US and you will be amazed.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by mfm04622: 5:49am On May 21, 2018
dankwasau:
This is not his opinion but a doctrine in Islam. So Islam forbid it

Quote the ayah or the hadith
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by mfm04622: 5:51am On May 21, 2018
dareyyyy:
that's God almighty injunction. Tell me where God ask you to burn your dead....

Not really. That is the most common form of burial in Islam. How do you think sailors are buried?
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dareyyyy(m): 5:54am On May 21, 2018
mfm04622:

Not really. That is the most common form of burial in Islam. How do you think sailors are buried?
bros, I simply replied his question. Kindly scroll up to see the question he asked
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dareyyyy(m): 6:00am On May 21, 2018
mfm04622:

Quote the ayah or the hadith

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Horus(m): 6:02am On May 21, 2018
In pre-dynastic Egypt we Africans did not bury our dead. We burned the bodies, knowing that the Ba, (Soul) and Ka (spirit) continue on.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by kenx1(m): 6:08am On May 21, 2018
emeijeh:
This ain't India Bro....

Beside, what scarcity of land are you talking about, when Benin to lagos is all forest, and Benin to Abuja is almost same?!

TAKE your preaching to the far east.

LOL what far east r u taking about mbanu were Benin to onitsha is all forest.. Biko maka Chineke take it to the far west
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:19am On May 21, 2018
okomile:

Hi
Good morning. I've sent u a pm. Kindly reply
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by okomile(f): 6:26am On May 21, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Good morning. I've sent u a pm. Kindly reply

I am tired of replying pm bcoz all what the guys wants is S E X.

I am married with kids.

If that's what's on your mind, I am not available.

Will reply
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Oyindidi(f): 7:11am On May 21, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

It's already been practiced in Nigeria. There are crematoriums in Benin and Lagos.
Personally, I think it's really cool.
I didn't know. Not cool
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Printerscanner: 7:18am On May 21, 2018
jerry447:
you people always rejects any thing development.....

Yes, like Catholic Bishops sleeping with boys, girls and married women.

1 Like

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Iceberg3: 8:05am On May 21, 2018
EponOjuku:
Burial is a fusion of spiritual beliefs and cultural practices and those 2 things are very difficult to change.

In India for instance, they're largely BUDDHISTS' and cremation is widely practiced while In the Middle East and North Africa, Islam is predominant and cremation is haram in Islam.

Lagos State passed the Lagos State Cremation Law in 2013 authorising voluntary cremation of corpses and corpses unclaimed for 14 days. Since the law was passed, how many people have you heard that were cremated in Nigeria? Ironically, even that law states that after cremation, the ashes are to be BURIED.

Cremation is dead on arrival in Nigeria.

India ain't Buddhist,they are Hindi.
It's the Chinese that are Buddhist.

Oshogbo illiterate grin grin

Lzaa immhotep shalomc onyeoga pointzerom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:12am On May 21, 2018
okomile:

I am tired of replying pm bcoz all what the guys wants is S E X.

I am married with kids.

If that's what's on your mind, I am not available.

Will reply
Lol not about sex. I just like ur comments. Wanna be a friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.