Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence (1092 Views)

Nigerians React To Linda Ikeji's Pregnancy News / Beverly Osu Calls Her Pregnancy A Joke [PICS] / Linda Ikeji: "No Boob Surgery, A Good Bra Can Do The Magic" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 20, 2018
Morale decadence being glorified.

Popular Nigerian blogger and media personality Linda Ikeji recently announced via her Instagram handle the news of her pregnancy. This was immediately followed by a flood of congratulatory messages by her over a millions fans, many of whom expressed delight over the news and sent her good and happy wishes.

Linda had sometime back hinted that she was engaged to a yet unknown man by posting pictures of herself with an engagement ring. However, while her fans were expecting a followup with the introduction of the unknown fiance and eventual wedding bells, she dropped the unexpected news of her pregnancy to the astonishment of fans and the public. Which therefore means she is pregnant and expecting a baby out of wedlock.

This is rather shocking for a celebrity personality who had always presented herself as role model to the female folks in Nigeria and have touted the virtues of celibacy and morality with a rather religious undertone. The same tone with which she announced to the world the result of her fornication, making it sound like sometime God had approved of and given her the moral authority to do, and even encouraging fellow girls and woman to tow the same line she just trod and they will surely receive Gods blessing for it.

*officiallindaikeji My greatest dream has been realized. I'm going to be a mum. There's nothing that has happened in my life that compares to this. I'm beyond happy. I love children so much and literally obsessed with babies and to think in a few months, I'll look down at a baby and he will be mine. My own son.

No accomplishment, no title, no milestone, no achievement, no money or worldly possession compares to this. This is my greatest blessing. My gift from heaven.

Dear God, thank you so much for this gift! Thank you!
I wrote a piece on my blog about finding out I was pregnant in January and all the emotions I've felt since then. You can go read it if you want.
Thank you so much for all your well wishes. I appreciate your love and kindness.

May God visit everyone for whatever their hearts desires are. May all your prayers be answered. God bless

She was well congratulated for it as an 'achievement'.

Imagine the moral message that will be passed to all girls out there who have been keeping themselves from the shame of out of wedlock pregnancy because society tells them its a taboo, and those who go about with a stigma of single motherhood, seeing a fellow woman being praise and hailed for following the same path for which they have been chastised and condemned.

Core African values of chastity and the sanctity of matrimony have been greatly eroded by the recent wayward and loosed lifestyle of African celebrities who have chosen the permissive western culture over the high standards of the African heritage.

Many ladies are already gearing up to follow her example. After all, if Linda did it and was praised and congratulated, why shouldn't they?

I guess with money, all your sins are covered.

Welcome to the age of decadence

http://www.naijascribe.com/2018/05/the-linda-ikeji-pregnancy-glorification.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by spiritedtete: 11:23pm On May 20, 2018
I am so troubled about the messages youth are getting... it is obvious we are throwing morals into bin.

I am scared and ashamed of what has become a norm in the society today. I weep for the unborn. Because the world is about to get more messy.

5 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:40pm On May 20, 2018
Ok
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by EngrMcDon(m): 11:45pm On May 20, 2018
And who say this woman no fine
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 20, 2018
Mind your own fùcking business!

I'm not a fan of this woman, but you people with your cho cho cho is why she's getting richer everyday. That child is already worth more than what many wailers will ever earn twice their lifetimes.

Instead of you to work towards making the children you will bring into this world enjoy soft life from the moment they're born, you're using Panadol for Linda's pregnancy. Shame on you, bro.

Talking about moral values as Nigerians is the highest double standards in this life and this is the truth. Go and fix up own your life first.

I will say what many of you are ashamed to say; 'I wish it was me that knocked her up, Walahi!'

I was born out of wedlock and there are so many others too. Nothing differentiates us. Moral decadence my left Yansh.
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Luukasz(m): 11:58pm On May 20, 2018
Celebrities are meant to be role models but reverse is the case many of them have done much more damage to the society rather than good.

Imagine a mediocre glorifying the abuse of drugs and even going to the point of hailing those who make use of it by calling them "science students" when in reality they are lowlifes.
Most people now live their lives based on whatever a celebrity does or says. I still find it hard to understand why any sane and sensible individual will live his/her life based on the words, morals and principles of an individual who claims to be a celebrity.

When infact most of this celebrities are mentally and morally weak but they cover up their weaknesses with their celebrity status and yet this are the same folks some people see as role models.

The rate at which moral decadence is increasing in our society is mind-boggling and if we are not careful the next generation will turn out much worse than ours.

2 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Luukasz(m): 12:06am On May 21, 2018
Earthbound:
[s]I'm not a fan of this woman, but you people with your cho cho cho is why she's getting richer everyday. That child is already worth more than what many wailers will ever earn twice their lifetimes.
Instead of you to work towards making the children you will bring into this world enjoy soft life from the moment they're born, you're using Panadol for Linda's pregnancy. Shame on you, bro.
Talking about moral values as Nigerians is the highest double standards in this life and this is the truth. Go and fix up own your life first.
I will say what many of you are ashamed to say; 'I wish it was me that knocked her up, Walahi!'[/s]
I was born out of wedlock and there are so many others too. Nothing differentiates us. Moral decadence my left Yansh.
Its apparent your parents passed the immorality unto you I just hope and pray you also don't pass it on to the next generation.

3 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Nobody: 12:14am On May 21, 2018
Luukasz:
Its apparent your parents passed the immorality unto you I just hope and pray you also don't pass it on to the next generation.

Thunder fire your existence for quoting me. Are you mad?
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by rockcitie: 12:18am On May 21, 2018
It's unfortunate to say the least.

I never expected that Linda would bow to all that pressure of "go and marry" or "menopause is knocking" but I guess she finally bowed to the pressure & out of desperation she decided to have a baby outside wedlock.

All that claiming that she was engaged to a non-existent young man was just a planned move to pave way for this her pregnancy.

She used the false engagement to confuse her fans & that's why she's being congratulated rather than being bashed.

2 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Luukasz(m): 12:25am On May 21, 2018
Earthbound:

Thunder fire your existence for quoting me. Are you mad?
grin hmmm.... quintessential lowlife

2 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by meobizy(f): 12:42am On May 21, 2018
rockcitie:

I never expected that Linda would bow to all that pressure of "go and marry" or "menopause is knocking" but I guess she finally bowed to the pressure & out of desperation she decided to have a baby outside wedlock.

All that claiming that she was engaged to a non-existent young man was just a planned move to pave way for this her pregnancy.

She used the false engagement to confuse her fans & that's why she's being congratulated rather than being bashed.
I saw it from a mile away. Trolls are very powerful if not blocked.

1 Like

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by meobizy(f): 12:45am On May 21, 2018
What concerns me with this article is how the writer was able to pen it so fast. I do not care how others live their lives, but if an attractive woman is sharing kpekus, I want my share. I do not find Linda Ikeji attractive so I'm indifferent.
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Nobody: 12:48am On May 21, 2018
Luukasz:
grin hmmm.... quintessential lowlife

If you think I'll go back and forth with you, you're mistaken.
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by LesbianBoy(m): 1:12am On May 21, 2018
Why are some of you making it look like Linda ikeji was a virgin before this pregnancy? cheesy cheesy
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Luukasz(m): 1:13am On May 21, 2018
Earthbound:

If you think I'll go back and forth with you, you're mistaken.
Actually... I don't have the time to go back and forth even if you want to.

2 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by LesbianBoy(m): 1:13am On May 21, 2018
Meanwhile, can someone tell me what...

Linda ikeji

Beyonce

Chimamanda Adichie

....All have in common grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Luukasz(m): 1:16am On May 21, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Why are some of you making it look like Linda ikeji was a virgin before this pregnancy? cheesy cheesy
Nothing seems like virginity here.. she getting pregnant out of wedlock is the downside of it all

2 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Luukasz(m): 1:25am On May 21, 2018
LesbianBoy:

Linda ikeji

Beyonce

Chimamanda Adichie

Hahahaha grin they preach feminism where as they are secretly dying to be loved and romanced by a man.

2 Likes

Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Mikora: 5:01am On May 21, 2018
cool
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Nobody: 6:31am On May 21, 2018
rockcitie:

My thoughts exactly. The engagement thing was just a cover up to make it look a bit OK and less shocking. I'm sure the unknown guy was just hired to do the job and get her a baby and leave the picture. That child is an Ikeji child and will carry the Ikeji name.
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by ikemesit4477: 6:49am On May 21, 2018
Mind you, Linda is a grown up lady so you cannot compare her with young girls when it comes to keeping pregnancy out of wedlock, she is mature enough to take her decision!
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by Nobody: 7:02am On May 21, 2018
case of taking panadol for another person's headache
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by coluka: 7:44am On May 21, 2018
LesbianBoy:

Linda ikeji

Beyonce

Chimamanda Adichie

Loud feminists in public, dick hoes in secret grin
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by essenceplus: 8:00am On May 19, 2019
Earthbound:

I'm not a fan of this woman, but you people with your cho cho cho is why she's getting richer everyday. That child is already worth more than what many wailers will ever earn twice their lifetimes.

I will say what many of you are ashamed to say; 'I wish it was me that knocked her up, Walahi!'

cheesy
Re: The Linda Ikeji Pregnancy: A Celebration Of Moral Decadence by sinaj(f): 8:43am On May 19, 2019
So she should hit menopause without a child while waiting for a husband?

She isnt dumb pls

(1) (Reply)

I Only Have Sex With Female – Bobrisky (video) / Juliet Ibrahim Looking Splendid As She Rocks A Blue Complete Outfit / Bianca Ojukwu Cooling Off In Cannes, France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.