Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? (15933 Views)

Poll: Would You?

Yes: 22% (11 votes)
No: 77% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ndipe(m): 11:52pm On May 25, 2010
Your best friend is dead, leaving behind a young widow with kids. You are currently single and there is a mutual attraction. Should you attempt to date and if there is a connection, marry her, or transfer your feelings to another eligible single woman?
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by chemali: 12:03am On May 26, 2010
I would not. I will only lend a helping hand. I must have been coveting my best friend's wife to want to marry her after he is gone and that feels wrong.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Sissy3(f): 1:01am On May 26, 2010
thank you but No. cant handle it neither can i carry the luggage. however, i did support her financially and emotionally if she needs it
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ndipe(m): 1:29am On May 26, 2010
Well, legally and morally (especially if there was no infidelity), you can marry her, but still, you wont be able to contain rumors that there was nothing going on during the duration of the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by mamagee3(f): 1:31am On May 26, 2010
That's abominable!
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Sissy3(f): 2:16am On May 26, 2010
Ndipe:

Well, legally and morally (especially if there was no infidelity), you can marry her, but still, you wont be able to contain rumors that there was nothing going on during the duration of the marriage.

true. some might even argue you eliminated him so to be with him/her
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ndipe(m): 3:08am On May 26, 2010
mama-gee:

That's abominable!

How is that abominable?
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Nobody: 10:38am On May 26, 2010
^^^ I tire oh!

People just get unnecessarily sentimental on this forum!

Has it ever occured to you guys that maybe the late husband will rest easier if he knew his wife and beloved kids were in the hands of no other than his best friend, than a total stranger    undecided

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Hadone(m): 12:01pm On May 26, 2010
Yes, provided i have spoken with her and we understand each other and reach an agreement. Love & understanding should come first.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by denzel2009: 12:07pm On May 26, 2010
Depends on the circumstances of his death. Assuming, he did a high jump from a skyscraper 40days ago and you and the wife are now jollofing or planning to get married,you too will experience black magic!
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Igwe9(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2010
it's not an abomination, but its a decision one would live to regret, people around you would see your happiness as a planned deal while if twas your trial times, it would be seen as a curse by the late husband. undecided
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Godalone(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2010
I can't marry my friend's widow.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by coolier(f): 2:08pm On May 26, 2010
Ndipe:

but still, you wont be able to contain rumors that there was nothing going on during the duration of the marriage.

~Sissy~:

true. some might even argue you eliminated him so to be with him/her

You can never stop people from talking, but can always stop yourself from listening!

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On May 26, 2010
No
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by OAM4J: 10:34pm On May 26, 2010
I have no problem with anybody doing it, but am not sure I can.

I can only guarantee my support to her and her kids.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Sissy3(f): 11:14pm On May 26, 2010
coolier:

You can never stop people from talking, but can always stop yourself from listening!

true. but some rumors and suspicion can be very powerful that you cant just simply ignore them. some does get to you
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by mamagee3(f): 2:09am On May 27, 2010
Why should a man marry his best Friend's widow of all people?
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ndipe(m): 2:19am On May 27, 2010
mama-gee:

Why should a man marry his best Friend's widow of all people?

Is it morally or legally wrong?
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Nobody: 8:00am On May 27, 2010
There is nothing wrong marrying your best friend's widow for as long as you are not guilty or in some ways responsible for his death. Your intention to marry her must be on the basis of mutual love, understanding & commitment but not out of pity. smiley
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by sayso: 10:30am On May 27, 2010
you will get hunted by your friend dead image for the rest of your life after being with her.honour your friend more by helping her to raise the kids and marry your own wife.is she also your missing rib?
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Nobody: 10:40am On May 27, 2010
I find that weird, but HEY if both of you have feelings for each others why not.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by SLIGHT(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2010
Cant do that for personal reasons, but its not an abomination if theres mutual feelings btw the two
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by SmashingM(f): 12:29pm On May 27, 2010
I see nothing wrong with it unless they had an intimate relationship while the friend/partner was alive. People will talk no matter what you do.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by ogb5(m): 1:16pm On May 27, 2010
You can marry her if you both so desire. There is nothing wrong in that. afterall most likely she will not remain a widow for ever, she will marry someone.

As long as you were not dating before the death of the husband, who the hell cares whether you marry a widow or not.

If you marry someone else, you can never help your friend's family as much as you want, your new wife will ensure you are not too close to give valuable help. women have a way of doing that.

But donot marry anyone out of pity. you might regret it.

and do not take advantage of her. She might just be down now due to the death of her spouse. Do you really think you are good for her?
She might marry you out of her current depression and later regret it
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by jaybee3(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2010
Nah
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 27, 2010
Yes, if she has no kids yet. But that will depend on the circumstances sorrounding my friends death.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ranoscky(m): 2:02pm On May 27, 2010
Omo ehn cheesy . . this matter get weight oo cry . . . but wetin man pikin go do na? undecided . . . we must commend. embarassed

Topic - I see no big deal for someone to marry his best friend's widow, afterall, there'r millions of women in nigeria

that'r under their 2nd marraige after their 1st husband died, and nothing is wrong with that.

some men are even aware of the womans problem before gettin married to them and they found nothing on it.

meanwhile, some are saying, if such happen's, the husband of the woman will hunt the friend. but i don't think so,

so long as both of them are 'best friends' it's not gonna happen, afterall, no be him friend kill am.

if a whyte man can even marry the wyfe of his enemy, why will it be a problem for a friend to marry the wyfe of his

best friend? omo nothin lyke dat abeg, d only tin wey dey dia be say, pipu go dey talk rubbish against u daz all!
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by babsmii(m): 2:03pm On May 27, 2010
yes and only if she's the only single lady left on earth,
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by Ranoscky(m): 2:10pm On May 27, 2010
yes i can. and i will!
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by juanna: 2:18pm On May 27, 2010
y not i can if i love her after all d supposed husband is dead so?
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by OGEMIRA: 2:40pm On May 27, 2010
there is noting too bad in marring your best friend's wife after death as long as you don't have hand in his death.
Re: Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? by OGEMIRA: 2:41pm On May 27, 2010
there is noting too bad in marring your best friend's wife after death as long as you don't have hand in his death.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sisters-In-Law: Why Do They Change So? / Two Gay Men Got Married In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.