Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Cashew Business: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashew Business: (4503 Views)

Cashew Business / 3 Reasons You Need To Start A Cashew Business(with pictures) / Let Us Partner To Take Cashew Business This Season To The Next Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2018
Let me start this way;
Any business you are engage in and you cannot generate profit except you work in it, is not a business but a job and cannot sustain you for long.

In short, you cannot become rich, how long will you keep working 9am to 5pm and how long will you have rest and eat of the fruit of your labour.

Owning a cashew farm provide the answers to all of these.

Imagine with little or no input into your work, regular income is coming to you.

Firstly, With cashew farming, your cash flow is guaranteed for life.
cashew start producing from the 3rd year till 50 years.It also allows you to cultivate other short term crops on the cashew land.
You have heard business experts say cash flow is the king. This is true in cashew cultivation.and moreover, it is also less risky compare to other crops.

There are so many opportunities in the cashew business that I will also talk about.

I am involved in farmland sales, engage in cashew farm setup and management as well as sales of the cashew.

Overall, we help investors get easy and profitable entry into the cashew business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSFrHEVV7ak

You can also check my page www.facebook.com/waleagro for what I am into.

Modified
Myself and some of the successful, prominent agroprenuers in Nigeria just started a free online mentoring programme.

I can guarantee you success in any agribusiness venture you launch within 4 months of participating in this mentorship.
it will save you a lot of stress, increase your success rate as we share our experiences,challenges and how to overcome them and make tons of money in agribusiness.

Kindly register using the link below
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ig5vI2AuEgrrcKU-3i_tQz4dfjVuaIAbLdFpcDw30_g

....To be continued

Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2018
Another reason is Low Risk
There are lot of risks involved with other crops from crop failure, disease and pest infestation etc
but with cashew farming, the risks are low, you don't have to worry about the above. it's one of the crop with the lowest risks.
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:54am On May 22, 2018
Let me quickly go through the major risk of cashew
Every agrobusiness is laced with risks and cashew is not an exception. The major risk cashew face is fire especially during the dry season.
This can be mitigated by providing fire breaks and insurance.

Nevertheless,cashew is still one of the low risk crop in the agrobusiness.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:50am On May 22, 2018
2. Due to the increase in demand of cashew all over the world by countries who processed cashew, the local price has been on the upward trend since 2011 from N110,000 per ton to N670,000 this year. and has become the fastest growing agro-commodity in Nigeria.
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:09pm On May 22, 2018
ok
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:19am On May 23, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4507093/how-identify-start-profitable-business
Read this, it will assist you in making the right decision on what business to venture into
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2018
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:13pm On May 24, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4493487/how-setup-establish-own-cashew

Read more on how to successfully setup a cashew business
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:08pm On May 24, 2018
It is a mistake to think time is going. Time is not going. Time is here until the world ends. It is you that is going. You don’t waste time. Time is infinite. You waste yourself. You are finite. It is you that grows old and die. Time doesn’t. So make better use of it.

And one of the worst things to do with time is comparing yourself to others. A cow eats grass and gets fat but if dog eats it, it will die. Never compare yourself with others. Run your race. What works for one person may be what will kill you. Focus on the gifts and talents God gave you and don’t be envious of the blessings He gave others.

#copied.
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:14pm On May 25, 2018
Time wasted can never be regained. persistence, urgency and Focus are all needed to reach your goal. do it now
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:13pm On May 25, 2018
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:09am On May 26, 2018
Consistent Acting on your goals is the only way to your success
Act now!
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:28pm On May 26, 2018
No doubt about it, cashew business remains the fastest agrocommodity business in nigeria.
With local price on the increase from N110,000 per ton in 2011 and reached N650,000 per ton this year.
It also provide major foreign exchange for the country last year and expected to generate $880 million for cashew farmers in Nigeria this year alone.
Unfortunately, the massive opportunities in the cashew industry is yet to be maximised.

The video below on my YouTube page will shed more insights into how you can maximise the opportunities in cashew farming business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSFrHEVV7ak
if you gain useful information on this videos, you can subscribe or like my page on www.facebook.com/waleagro
Regards
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:09pm On May 26, 2018
Cashew will continue to grow the economy in leaps and bounds because of its increase in demand all around the world.

Not only will the economy grows, wealth will be created for the cashew stakeholders in Nigeria.
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:04pm On May 27, 2018
Short Story on Self Confidence*
There was a business executive who was deep in debt and could see no way out.
Creditors were closing in on him. Suppliers were demanding payment. He sat on the park bench, head in hands, wondering if anything could save his company from bankruptcy.
Suddenly an old man appeared before him. “I can see that something is troubling you,” he said.
After listening to the executive’s woes, the old man said, “I believe I can help you.”
He asked the man his name, wrote out a check, and pushed it into his hand saying, “Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you can pay me back at that time.”
Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.
The business executive saw in his hand a check for $500,000, signed by John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the world!
“I can erase my money worries in an instant!” he realized. But instead, the executive decided to put the uncashed check in his safe. Just knowing it was there might give him the strength to work out a way to save his business, he thought.
With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended terms of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months, he was out of debt and making money once again.
Exactly one year later, he returned to the park with the uncashed check. At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared. But just as the executive was about to hand back the check and share his success story, a nurse came running up and grabbed the old man.
“I’m so glad I caught him!” she cried. “I hope he hasn’t been bothering you. He’s always escaping from the rest home and telling people he’s John D. Rockefeller.”
And she led the old man away by the arm.
The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All year long he’d been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, convinced he had half a million dollars behind him.
Suddenly, he realized that it wasn’t the money, real or imagined, that had turned his life around. It was his newfound self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after.
Let's face our fears this week with a new ray of hope and self confidence. We can only become better if we try. We can't achieve nothing by folding arms in depression. Our best is yet to come.

2 Likes

Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:31pm On May 28, 2018
When the going gets tough, only the tougher gets going.
Never stop moving, reaching new height.
Re: Cashew Business: by raphaeladex: 8:40pm On May 28, 2018
nice. keep it up
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2018
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:08am On May 30, 2018
You don't want to venture into a business because it takes 5 years or more for it to start generating returns, whether you venture into it or not, in the next 5 years, you will be older with no income generating assets.
Multimillionaires of today are the investors of yesterday and the investors of today will be the multimillionaires of tomorrow
Go for you goal!
Do it now!!!
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:45am On May 31, 2018
whirlwind7:

A honest observation here, bro.

Despite the claims that the demand for cashew nut is high, why is it that many folks keep advertising cashew nuts for sale on almost every cashew thread?
Take for instance, the person you quoted above, who is looking for buyer for 500 tons!

I'm seeking your honest opinion. Not being cynical.

Thanks for the intelligent questions
Like I stated earlier on my threads, the demand is high and I still stay by that.
This year alone, about 1500 tons were sold by us and we still have about 900 tons we could not meet.

First, you need to understand that ogbomoso cashew is the best and buyers troop in from all over the world to buy compare to other regions who produces cashewnut.
We also made buying contract arrangement with these foreign buyers.
Most farmers even come from other regions to ogbomoso to sell.

Secondly,most cashew traders buys from farmers or buying agents and sell to big NIgerian cashew wholesalers, in this scenario, you are bound to be affected.
if the cashew wholesalers do not buy,then you are in trouble, you have to use other means to sell your nuts.
This is how most cashew traders operate which is why you see threads with "I have x tons of cashewnut for sale"
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2018
Founders, as you build your company and it grows, avoid the temptation to propel your self-esteem and self-importance by the number of people working in your firm. The number of staff working in a company is a very terrible metric to measure success in the 21st century.

Do not scale the wrong metrics just because it makes you look “big”. Yes, I do understand that some partners may focus on that in Nigeria before they could give you an opportunity. It is typical with banks and insurers as one of the key metrics they use is staff strength in ascertaining readiness for partnership. You do not need to fault them – they have the rights to examine partners from any angle they choose.

Yes, apparently, the more people you have, the more established you may seem! But do not follow that path and start hiring people that would corrode your culture. A business is built on culture and that culture is really the people that work in that firm. So, the people you hire and those that stay, advance or move on would determine what that business would become.

Simply, make a very good case why that metric of number is irrelevant in a knowledge-based startup where the quality of the team is what matters. It is better to have two great engineers than 10 mediocre engineers. And from what you have done, that partner would see the quality of your vision and the mission to it. The vision is the aspiration of the future. The mission is what you want to get done now, in the short-time. The two are anchored on the culture of the firm – the people that work therein.

Sure – growth will demand that you expand headcount but let it be based on real business needs and not the impulse to say “I have 250 staff now”. If your ego takes over, within months, you would be filling the whole company with people you do not need. Avoid that temptation if you want to thrive for the long time.

Many startups which raised money in Lagos had this problem many years ago. They hired with reckless abandon and ended up causing pains to the staff when they had to fire them. I know of a young man who left a promising bank career for an ecommerce company only to be fired within weeks. If the company had thought-through that position, strategically, that hiring would not have happened. But when you measure growth and success by the number of employees, people do crazy things when they have money in the bank.

Always remember – when WhatsApp sold for $19 billion, it had only 32 engineers (the total staff strength was around 55).

Even by the standards of the world’s best technology companies, WhatsApp runs lean. With only 32 engineers, one WhatsApp developer supports 14 million active users, a ratio unheard of in the industry.

Yes, you can build a company in the age of cloud computing with very small people. Provided you feel good on where you are going, you do not need to justify relevance by the number of people on the payroll. The metric of labor was one of the factors of production. In the 21st century, the shift has been made. Any bank that parrots its strength by the number of staff in its payroll may be missing something: the world is moving into an era where robots and lines of codes would be the ubiquitous bankers.

If you hire for self-esteem, you may not be helping those workers because very soon, market forces would push you to let them go. There are many cases of those experiences in Lagos in startups where after raising money, founders go on hiring spree only to cut promising careers within months.

www.tekedia.com
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
Do cashew farming..... it pays
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4493487/how-setup-establish-own-cashew

Want to know how to successfully start your cashew farm business,this is the best information you need right now.
Read, digest and ask questions.
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Cashew Business: by oluwakontrol: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
Nice one bro. God bless you real good. My questions are 1.Do you think planting of cashew can thrive in kwara. 2. If after harvesting how do one goes about selling it, or do you help in selling of cashew nuts as well. 3. Concerning the grafting of cashew,can one get the already grafted ones to plant, or one has to do the grafting himself. 4. You said ogbomoso has the best soil for cashew to thrive unlike other states, now if i want to get a land there, is there anyway I can get people to be managing it for me, I mean if I don't want to relocate to ogbomoso, but wish to get land to plant cashew do you guys help in managing the farm? Let me stop here,there is still much more questions to ask. Please dnt mind my questions, am a total novice in cashew but in love it. Thanks,
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
oluwakontrol:
Nice one bro. God bless you real good. My questions are 1.Do you think planting of cashew can thrive in kwara. 2. If after harvesting how do one goes about selling it, or do you help in selling of cashew nuts as well. 3. Concerning the grafting of cashew,can one get the already grafted ones to plant, or one has to do the grafting himself. 4. You said ogbomoso has the best soil for cashew to thrive unlike other states, now if i want to get a land there, is there anyway I can get people to be managing it for me, I mean if I don't want to relocate to ogbomoso, but wish to get land to plant cashew do you guys help in managing the farm? Let me stop here,there is still much more questions to ask. Please dnt mind my questions, am a total novice in cashew but in love it. Thanks,
Okay.
Thanks for your question.
Cashew can thrive in kwara, although it does very well in ogbomoso.
We already have foreign buyers who we partner with to take up our cashewnuts.
I can facilitate selling as well provided it meets our buyers standard
You can graft your cashew seedlings yourself but you will need to be trained for that.
We also have grafted cashew seedlings as well.
We are involved in farm management.
Re: Cashew Business: by austaikus(f): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
My question is do we have different breeds of cashew? Can I do the cashew farming in Edo State?
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:25am On Jun 11, 2018
austaikus:
My question is do we have different breeds of cashew? Can I do the cashew farming in Edo State?
Yes, we have different breeds and
You can do cashew farming in Edo state.
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2019
Cashew is a very important cash crop in Nigeria.
it generate highest revenue for the country in the second quarter of 2018 and it was a source of foreign exchange for farmers.
cashew is a money generating venture for smart agro-preneurs and investors.
invest in cashew farming business for a profitable future.
The land is green.

check .more on my Facebook page
www.facebook.com/waleagro
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:05am On Jan 08, 2019
You want a consistent and sustainable income,try cashew.
its recommended as one of the profitable cashcrop you can venture into that guarantee your financial future for life
Re: Cashew Business: by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
Kindly follow my page on facebook to get updates on starting a profitable agribusiness on www.facebook.com/waleagro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Opportunities In Nigeria / List Of Products Made In Nigeria Today - Start Up Something Today / Winning with Forex by iMarketLive (Owned by Forex guru - Christopher Terry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.