Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? (28274 Views)

Traffic Gridlock: Ambode Orders Relocation Of Bus Terminals / Is It Advisable To Settle In The United Kingdom After Studies / Master-planned Cities: Is Abuja Really A Well-planned City To Your Mind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by stkris(m): 3:25am On Feb 22, 2009
hackney:

I think that Abuja is probably the best place to live in Nigeria; the security for even the common person is high.
I land there as well as stay there when i visit nigeria.
True,its expensive but considering the pluses like safety (which has no price by the way; if you think about it),clean ennvirons,polite citizens,amenities and the nice relaxed vibe, you will basically be getting fantastic value for money.
I will highly recommend it if you want to relocate.
Calabar is cool (leafy and with 'quite' nice people) but i wont go as far as comparing it with ABJ.
Nice interesting thread by the way;thanks

dude, y d heck did u take every single word outta' ma mouth. cheesy

Abuja is an ideal place to live. its bout d only really decent one actually. Thats were i call 'home' in naija.

1 Like

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by londoner: 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2009
The only thing I hated about Abuja the last time I visited was the fact I had to come through Lagos, lol. Abuja is a place I am seriously trying to move to this year, if possible. The place can be so beautiful and hassle free.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by KoolEmcee: 6:29am On Jul 03, 2009
@ All,

Considering security n d law, abuja is the best place in 9ja. u got patrols in evry hood (just like the US way - two cops in a Peugeot sedan ), cops at almost every major junction. buses dont park anywhere, cars don't stop any where, people adhere to traffic lites n signs etc. No hold ups n stick ups. (but GTA - grand theft auto is on the increase these days)

There r also sum cool people around and cool spots, like Yahuza, n Abacha barracks etc

but the thing abt abj is that it is very DRY n BORING. It's also very ARTIFICIAL as many people are not REAL and live too artificial lives, decieving themselves n forming. Abj people too dey form. Once went out with sum friends n a friend brought his friend (a girl) along. On initial impression, the babe looked like she was one of those big girls, pro'lly a minister's daughter livin in one of those fancy mansions in maitama, with a fancy phonerized acccent like she's been living in yankee for ages,n formin all sort of stuffs n manners, etc. I was so pissed wen we were done n darted out the cafe to all go home. I of course opted for a cab as ofcourse i didnt hv a car. To my utter dismay, the chic also sought for a cab (so, she didnt come in her own car). On further enquiry, I discovered that she lives in Federal Housing Estate Lugbe, not even kubwa, not adisa estate, apo. I was shocked to ma marrows. so she decided to come out clean seein that i was not so bucksed up n seein that the formin would not yeild any results? rily hilarious!!!!! ABJ (esp) girls too they form.

Another annoying thing abt abj is that u dont get value for money. Av neva bin to calabar, but from what i hear, if u give me a choice b/w abj n calabar, i pro'lly pick cali.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by BettyBlue(m): 3:13am On Aug 12, 2009
Hi all,
Can anyone please give me an idea of a decent and cheap hotel i can stay for a couple of days in abuja. I intend to be there next week. Also what places can one go to hang out. Are there any tourist attraction in abuja?? if there are, will appreciate knowing. thanks.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by DisGuy: 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2009
BettyBlue:

Hi all,
Can anyone please give me an idea of a decent and cheap hotel i can stay for a couple of days in abuja. I intend to be there next week. Also what places can one go to hang out. Are there any tourist attraction in abuja?? if there are, will appreciate knowing. thanks.

apparently there are very decent affordable hotels in Abuja usually smaller and less popular, you can ask around taxi ranks and Okada riders.

Aso Rock is a tourist attraction and the millennium park, from what i hear there are some other attractions in villages around especially a certain village market where things are extremely cheap and in abundance str8 from the farm wink
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by infocaster: 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
Abuja is cool and quiet. good to raise a family but you sure need a persobal and family car to move around.

Standard of living is high in Abuja so you need a well paid job or business

2 Likes

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by infocaster: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
can one find hotel accomodation as low as N3000 in Abuja maon town? Not outskirts o!
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by BettyBlue(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ Dis Guy thanks for the info.

infocaster:

can one find hotel accomodation as low as N3000 in Abuja maon town? Not outskirts o!

Am on same page with you. Need to have idea of good hotel with specifics on the amount. Sure fellow nairalanders will help.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2009
infocaster:

I doubt it. Even in an average city like Benin, Ilorin, Kaduna you can't get 3k hotel in main town, not to talk of Abuja.
I got a N5000 hotel in Kado Estate though. A decent hotel, but definitely not A-grade.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by BettyBlue(m): 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2009
Jarus:

I doubt it. Even in an average city like Benin, Ilorin, Kaduna you can't get 3k hotel in main town, not to talk of Abuja.
I got a N5000 hotel in Kado Estate though. A decent hotel, but definitely not A-grade.

@ Jarus. Thanks. 5,000 is okay with me. NOTED.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Travelnija: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
5,000 hotel in Abuja main town?
You must be a clown,
try Nyanya, Kado, Kubwa, Lugbe, Masaka etc,

Our office is close to BAYELSA GUEST HOUSE in Central area abuja with branch office close to BEVERLY HILLS hotel in Wuse 2 and the cheapest room here is 11,000 per night.

OtherĀ  hotels in Wuse 2, Area 11, Asokoro and other highbrow areas cant be cheaper than 1000. So if you nor get money, go Lagos or Ekiti grin
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by ikeyman00(m): 10:01am On Aug 21, 2009
^^^^ kubwa

that yeye place

abi na abuja undecided

hmm sweto abi
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Morchedy: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2009
Hi,

I might have to relocate to Abuja and want some advise on the safety, health care, international schools?
Can anyone help me?
thanks
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by phantom(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2010
If i have to move from PH ,Abuja is it!the only thing expensive in abuja is housing,every other thing is cheap. your 5yr lod daughter can walk home by 3am without any hassles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by FBS: 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2010
ABUJA (FCT gan gan) is the THE PLACE!
Good road, traffic light sef dey work and yes tkb417, you can get a decent hotel for 5K. (well at least some couple of years ago. cheesy )
Try Zone 1 area.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by poseidon12: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2010
you can get rooms for less than 5000 naira at ECWA Guest house, Blantyre Street, Wuse 2. Very decent place run by the ECWA mission. I recently stayed in standard room for 5,500

1 Like

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by wellstone: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2011
well stone real estate is a global company and we have
our branches in different part of Abuja to
enable us search your dream property.

REAL ESTATE

If you seek to buy a duplex in any part of Abuja.
If you seek to rent an apartment in any part of
Abuja.
If you seek to buy a land in any part of Abuja
If you seek to buy a plaza in any part of Abuja.

NOTE:We have different agents in all part of Abuja
Nigeria in general to meet up to your need and
make your dream a reality and contact us for this
duplex with swimming pool cost 650,000,000 naira.

CONTACT US:
EMAIL:wellstonerealestate@yahoo.com
CALL: +2348060601074.
: +2348071445228

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by omopreciou: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2012
I just stumble on this thread, thank you all for the information provided on accommodation and food, hotel etc. But please I need information about Secondary Schools in Abuja, price range of very good schools. I am relocating with my baby on January 2013 and need to transfer her to a very good secondary school in Abuja. Thank you.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Abujafood: 10:14am On Sep 25, 2012
My little contribution to this thread!

Start with this article on Gwarinpa District
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by abbijunaid: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hi People,

I and my family are relocating from the USA to Abuja in January. and would like some tips. I will be working in the Asokoro Area but trying to keep our Yearly rent under N1.8 million. We dont have to live in Asokoro but will like somewhere not too far out.

Please share your recommended areas in proximity to safety, Traffic etc.

You are appreciated.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Meddler(f): 12:10am On Nov 06, 2014
U could try Garki or even Wuse. The good thing about Abuja is that everywhere is relatively close and the traffic isn't that bad. As long as you live within town, you should be fine. Unfortunately depending on the type of house ure interested in, ur budget might be cutting it close.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Aliskywalker(m): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hi.

I'm relocating away from Abuja because of work, and if you're interested, I want to sell everything in the house. It'll be an easier and a cleaner transaction for someone moving into Abuja to purchase the bulk of the items, so I came here searching.

It's a well furnished 4 bedroom flat, so I have beds, rugs and curtains, large deep freezer and a tall frigde, 2 airconditioners, 2 tvs, dstv and gotv decoders, chairs and tables.

I hope you get the idea, it can be a cheap and convenient way to furnish your place if you want to rent a place temporarily while you settle down and conclude your relocation.

+2349072912975 or flyboyokolie@yahoo.com are easy ways to reach me if you want to have a look.

All the best.
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Homeyfav: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2017
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by talkless07: 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
if you have lived abroad ....Abuja is a good option.. what I noticed is DAT Abuja even have standard structures compare to any city in Nigeria,good road...connection here and there ...welcome home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by AbujaDistricts: 9:18am On Mar 07, 2019
Abuja's a good place to be. Being such a fast growing city there is plenty of opportunity for you wether work or business.

There are a lot of different neighbourhoods in the city. Each with its own character.

More on each area below.

https://www.villaafrika.com/abuja-districts/
Re: What Is Abuja Like? Is Relocation Advisable? by Diana78: 5:17pm On May 07, 2021
As an Economist in Abuja, working as a research analyst and carrying out humanitarian projects in Abuja, I feel it is good enough - [url]www.somtochukwu.com.ng/about-me[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In South Korea / Floods In Jeremi, Where Utorogu Gas Plant Is Located / Air Peace Offers To Freely Evacuate Nigerians From Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.