Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Olisa Metuh In Justice Abang Court : Details Of All That Happened At Federal Hig - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh In Justice Abang Court : Details Of All That Happened At Federal Hig (424 Views)

Emeh James Anyalekwa: Justice Abang Orders EFCC, DSS To Arrest Igbere TV Boss / Justice Abang Okon Asks Maina To Stop Looking At Him / Justice Abang Returned Back To Abuja By Federal High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olisa Metuh In Justice Abang Court : Details Of All That Happened At Federal Hig by IkayMOVE(m): 12:05pm On May 22, 2018
Olisa Metuh in Justice Abang Court : Details of all that happened at Federal High Court Abuja , yesterday (21st May , 2018 )

*(1)The matter commenced with the judge sited and the case file called up by the court registrar , the Witness upon called started making his way to the dock making use of his four legged walking aid and the Judge intervened by ordering that the defendant be told to go back .*

*(2)* As he tries to manoeuvre his way back,his personal aide who unknown to him was moving to call his attention ended up getting entangled with his walking aide and then the result was a fall ....a disastrous one at that with a dull thud as his head meets the rug covering the floor of the court room and momentary black out.

*(3)A gasp went through the court room and people moved to assist in one way or the other .*

*(4)* The court immediately called for a twenty minutes recess to enable *Chief Metuh* have medical attention.

*(5) The court registrar at once rushed out to get the medical doctor attached to the high court to assess the defendant .*

*(6)* While this medical check up was still ongoing with the *Chief Olisa Metuh* lying prostrate on the floor of the court ,the judge came back and called for the matter to resume .

*(7) Judge summoned Court registrar to explain what happened , even though the judge was in the court when it happened .They explained to him how Olisa Metuh got to fall .*

*(cool* The defendant counsel *Emeka Etiaba (SAN)* moved to draw the attention of the judge to the state of his defendant *Olisa Metuh* .

*(9) This was refused by the judge who insisted that matter must continue .He order that the defendant witness should mount the witness box .*

*(10)* The defendant Counsel *Emeka Etiaba (SAN )*, reminded the judge that their witness is already in the Court ,but that he need to draw the attention of the Court to the situation regards his client .

*(11) The Judge rejected Emeka Etiaba appeal and insisted that the witness should step up and mount the box .*

*(12)* The witness moved to witness box .

*(13) Emeka Etiaba requested that the doctor give the court a prognosis of what she has seen so far so as to know the state of his client.*

*(14)* This was refused by the judge who insisted that matter must continue .

*(15 ) Emeka Etiaba (SAN) then informed the Judge that he is withdrawing his services from his client and from the matter with reasons that...( The judge interrupted him ).*

*(16)* The Judge told him that he Dont want to hear his reasons for withdrawing from the matter and that he is not ready to record whatever reasons he might have .

(17) Emeka Etiaba went on to say :
*"Allow Me to tell the Court why am withdrawing even when you don't want to record my reasons .*

Because , as I speak to this court , my client is lying obviously on the floor of the court while medical personnel of this very court are attending to him .

*I can not continue to defend a client that is lying down inside this court who I can't even say if he is still alive . "*

*-Emeka Etiaba (SAN)*

*(18) The Judge overruled Emeka Etiaba (SAN) and rejected his withdrawal from the case .*

*(19)* Then, a woman was moving towards the Judge from the back of the court .

*" Who are you ? Tell me your name " the Judge said .*

The woman replied : "I am Doctor ... of Federal High Court "

*What can I do for you ? The judge asked .*

Doctor : The man need urgent medical attention from my examination sir .

*The doctor requested that the defendant be allowed to be attended to using proper medical facilities...*

*(20)* The Judge asked prosecution counsel his opinion regards Doctor 's suggestion for medical attention by the defendant .

*(21) The prosecution counsel didn't object to the request for medical attention .In fact , the prosecution Counsel said that he Dont have objection to that .*

*(22)* The judge turned to defendant Counsel *Emeka Etiaba* and ask him his opinion on what the position of the Doctor .

*(23) Emeka Etiaba reminded the judge that he has withdrew from the matter with reasons and ... ( the judge interrupted him ,saying that he is not ready to hear his reasons and Dont also accept his withdraw from the matter ) .*

*(24)* The Judge turned to first defendant Counsel Chief Onwubufo (SAN) and ask him his opinion or if he has objection to position of the Doctor .

*(25 ) Chief Onwubufo (SAN) then told the judge that even without waiting for the report of the Doctor ,that based on what happened here in this court that we should consider the health of the defendant more ...( he was interrupted by the Judge who went on to told the old man to respect his age in the bar ). " Are you in support or not ?" The judge thundered .*

*(26)* The Judge then adjoined the matter to 22nd of May ( today) for the defendant to seek medical attention .

*(27) Then the judge did something that was a novelty within the circles of journalists that do court rounds. He embarked on anger fit infested diatribe against the prosecution counsel denigrating him for not objecting to the plea of the defence counsel to be allowed medical treatment.*

*(28)* He lamented the fact that the prosecution lawyer did not refuse the plea so that he can stand on that and insist that the matter continue ....

*(29) He went on to threaten that if he exhibits such tendency again he will strike out the case for unseriousness on his part.*

*(30)* Angry statements like "this is not the only court of law , if I give my judgement there is still the court of appeal and the supreme court as available avenues for appeal or redress..etc followed

*(31) These rants, a clear manifestation of frustration on the part of the judge adds some weight to the argument of a major segment of the society that believes that he already has a* biased judgement that he is itching to deliver in order to serve the premeditated intention of his backers. In this case the APC led federal govt ...

*#Salient questions* were been left begging for answers :

*(I)* ::why is there no attempt whatsoever by the judge to request for an independent medical team to access and ascertain the health status of the defendant before yesterday ?

*Medical reports from NUTH ,LUTH ,UNTH and also Federal Medical Centre Abuja suggested medical attention abroad , yet you rejected them .*

*(b)* Why did the judge refuse to accept the verdict of a doctor working in the medical department of the federal high court and who only came into the matter as a result of the accident in court ....is she biased too?

*(c)* Why has this matter been made to look like a deliberate witch hunt in a country where people has been known to enter plea bargains with the federal govt on stupendous amounts of money while Chief Olisa Metuh whose family members even offered to return the 400million were rejected. An amount approved for publicity work of a party which he has proven to have used judiciously before a world press conference prior to his arrest and current "persecution"

*(d)* Why has this judge consistently refused the defendants plea for medical treatment abroad or is it no longer a requirement of the law that a person standing trial be in good health,mentally and physically first ?

*(e)* It is on record that we have records of courts granting people request to travel for medical reasons .So why is metuh case different ?

*(f)* What legacy are we leaving for our generations to come if individuals in exercise of transient powers can be allowed to dehumanise their fellow beings while we pretend to practise democracy.

- Kamen Chuks O and Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia
Abuja , Nigeria .

Re: Olisa Metuh In Justice Abang Court : Details Of All That Happened At Federal Hig by opeyemicollins(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2018
He should stop dramatizing and face his trial ,when they were all busy swallowing our money during GEJ era nobody fainted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh In Justice Abang Court : Details Of All That Happened At Federal Hig by BankeSmalls(f): 12:13pm On May 22, 2018
The judge should have just gone ahead and approved jungle justice since he's so stone hearted.
Re: Olisa Metuh In Justice Abang Court : Details Of All That Happened At Federal Hig by KenOne: 1:05pm On May 22, 2018
Well not surprised it's in PDP nature loot and come to court to claim ill and frustrate, delay the trial and their e-warriors will come online and start shouting who has PMB jailed for corruption, please tell me how some one could be jailed for corruption with this pattern of cowardice. The list of cowards during trials.
1) Olisa Metuh- Former PDP publicity secretary PDP
2) Akpobolokemen - Former NIMASA boss PDP
3) Nanadi Usman - Former Minister PDP
4) Ojeleme - Former NSITF boss PDP
5) Jonah Jang- Former governor PDP
6) Sambo Dasuki - Former NSA PDP
7) Diezani Allison- Former minister PDP
cool Godsday Orubebe- Former minister PDP
9)Femi Kani- Kayode - Former Minister/Spokesman PDP
10) Dino Melaye is no more in APC since last year he's now in PDP if you doubt me as Kola Olabordinya PDP publicity secretary. You can see Metuh style in Dino.

I know the names are more than these but these are the ones i can remember, add yours if you know.

All these people have all claimed to be seriously sick while under going trials just to delay and frustrate the case till after 2019 to see if PDP will bounce back to power so that the charges will be eventually dropped.

But sorry to be a carrier of a bad news Nigerians will re-elect PMB not because he's working wonders but with these people i motioned above 2019 is sure for PMB.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh : When Section 349 Of Administration Of Criminal Justice Act 2015 Me / We Are Set To Deliver Abia North To Apc ...chief Obasi Uba / IPAC Chairman Lauds Buhari’s Achievements, Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.