Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,567 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations (792 Views)

How Do I Cope With Cheating Husband? / Share Ur Experience With Married Women Temptations / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by obonujoker(m): 8:29pm On May 22, 2018
Guys who decided to be faithful, how do you cope??
What keeps you glued to your partner without cheating on her??

I use myself as an example... I have been in a relationship with my girl for over 3 years now, without cheating on her for once... Although I have had a lot of advances even from her so called friends...

And sometimes the urge comes to have sex with another woman, buh I remember her, and don't even start a conversation, not that only even some married women too, buh I have been able to withstand, coz we are planning to get married by the end of the year...

So faithful guys, how has it been without looking outside..??
As it been worth it??

Faithful ladies can input too...

Unfaithful people.... don't spoil us here o...
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by Shelloween(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2018
she is my wallpaper....whenever I'm tempted... I bring out my phone and I see a million reasons why I shouldn't succumb to my temptations. even when we re fighting.... her picture keeps me in check.
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by vizkiz: 8:34pm On May 22, 2018
Being faithful is so much work.

You have to keep putting your mind under and look away from all those sexy ass girls. Sorry can't do it cry

4 Likes

Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by UDUJ(m): 8:43pm On May 22, 2018
obonujoker:
Guys who decided to be faithful, how do you cope??
What keeps you glued to your partner without cheating on her??

I use myself as an example... I have been in a relationship with my girl for over 3 years now, without cheating on her for once... Although I have had a lot of advances even from her so called friends...

And sometimes the urge comes to have sex with another woman, buh I remember her, and don't even start a conversation, not that only even some married women too, buh I have been able to withstand, coz we are planning to get married by the end of the year...

So faithful guys, how has it been without looking outside..??
As it been worth it??

Faithful ladies can input too...

Unfaithful people.... don't spoil us here o...

It can be very difficult to stay faithful. There's so much temptation out there. But I believe the most important way to ensure you stay faithful is first be willing to stay faithful, then decide to stay faithful. There's really no rule book. It is an individual decision to make which requires so much will power. When you make this decision then you have to create your ways of deflecting or overcoming temptations. It is something that requires you make some serious decisions about, including being really hard on yourself, there's also the risk of expressing this hardness, though in a subtle way, towards others especially the opposite sex. When this is practised for sometime it becomes a part of you, but the beginning can be difficult, then there are periods of weakness when you have to remind yourself to stay faithful.

In the end its really about YOU. You decide to stay faithful. The sort of things that keep me going is knowledge that I do not admire cheats because their lives are generally not worthy of admiration or emulation. I had 2 friends who cheat on their spouses. I admired them because they are fellow successful work colleagues but this cheating part totally upturned my respect for them, and if I don't respect you enough there's no reason to waste time with you. One divorced his wife because he wasn't willing to stop cheating and this influenced his negative attitude towards his wife. The other chases girls like flies chase shit, it became embarrassing to me, I don't know if his wife knows, but I just backed off.

So much time and effort goes into cheating.

All in all, cheating complicates your life. You may agree that it is better to stay sane. This should encourage you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by Olalan(m): 8:46pm On May 22, 2018
It by God's Grace and self discipline. Truth is I still wonder why men cheat on their spouse. I have made up my mind never to cheat on my spouse God helping me

2 Likes

Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by theophorus(m): 8:47pm On May 22, 2018
...Facts is it require a Great deal of Discipline, Loyalty and Decision.

Especially when you are married and your Woman is pregnant or tired from 'office' stress. or she just delivered a baby.

But in all it requires a great deal of Discipline, Decision, Loyalty and Most Especially the LOVE_OF_GOD.
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 22, 2018
Get a full time job and I bet you, you'll avoid temptations and be more faithful than needed that your woman will be uncomfortable with your faithfulness. grin

Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by Stycon(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2018
There is no point being in a committed relationship if you ain't gonna be faithful!

#self_control is the key! ~ avoiding the river is the sure way not to get wet.

I've never been in a committed relationship before so I can't relate but I believe it's about self control and discipline
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by Uyiii: 8:52pm On May 22, 2018
If you've never had a girlfriend and you're oblivious of the word 'faithful in a relationship';
Please let's gather here for a faithful selfie, e nor easycheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by austyn0(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2018
I once was this faithful.....On my own part, it was self-control aroused from good parental upbringing,,I met and dated her a virgin... I determined never to look at any other girl twice no matter how seductive they appear.....What true love can do to a man.
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by SunFlow(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2018
It requires great discipline and self control.

She doesn't even know how much effort i put in just to be faithful to her.
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 22, 2018
UDUJ:

It can be very difficult to stay faithful. There's so much temptation out there. But I believe the most important way to ensure you stay faithful is first be willing to stay faithful, then decide to stay faithful. There's really no rule book. It is an individual decision to make which requires so much will power. When you make this decision then you have to create your ways of deflecting or overcoming temptations. It is something that requires you make some serious decisions about, including being really hard on yourself, there's also the risk of expressing this hardness, though in a subtle way, towards others especially the opposite sex. When this is practised for sometime it becomes a part of you, but the beginning can be difficult, then there are periods of weakness when you have to remind yourself to stay faithful.

In the end its really about YOU. You decide to stay faithful. The sort of things that keep me going is knowledge that I do not admire cheats because their lives are generally not worthy of admiration or emulation. I had 2 friends who cheat on their spouses. I admired them because they are fellow successful work colleagues but this cheating part totally upturned my respect for them, and if I don't respect you enough there's no reason to waste time with you. One divorced his wife because he wasn't willing to stop cheating and this influenced his negative attitude towards his wife. The other chases girls like flies chase shit, it became embarrassing to me, I don't know if his wife knows, but I just backed off.

So much time and effort goes into cheating.

All in all, cheating complicates your life. You may agree that it is better to stay sane. This should encourage you.

I respect you so much sir.
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by austyn0(m): 9:02pm On May 22, 2018
Stycon:
There is no point being in a committed relationship if you ain't gonna be faithful!

#self_control is the key! ~ avoiding the river is the sure way not to get wet.

I've never been in a committed relationship before so I can't relate but I believe it's about self control and discipline
I feel you...
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by HarunaWest(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2018
What is the Meaning of the word 'Faithful'

Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 22, 2018
feel so sad that I haven't get any woman I can call my own~ so sad
Re: Faithful Guys: How Do You Cope With Temptations by nuggarito: 11:20pm On May 22, 2018
Its very simple, don't put yourself in any situation that will lead you to temptation, it's a lot easier than ignoring the temptation looking right at you. My opinion shaa

(1) (Reply)

Warri Connect. LOVER / How I Started To Last Longer In Sex With My Woman After Reading This Article / "Praying Unclad Is Unscriptural, It's Like Trying To Seduce God To Answer You" -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.