Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,082 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State (77635 Views)

Governor Soludo Bans Bet9ja, Nairabet, Other Gambling Services, In Anambra / Governor Zulum & Ex-Governor Shettima And Abba Kyari (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by babalolaabayo(m): 12:38am On May 25, 2018
sorry to say but this man is so so so dump

please the idiot is from which part of the country sef?

the north??... have forgotten "thinking through his anus" this is the type of people that ought to be at yaba left

when project dey wey d idiot do na to dey talk trash im sabii.... oloshi omo..shiooor
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by greenguy: 2:07am On May 25, 2018
The best youth empowerment programme in Nigeria. Lolz.

I'm sure Bet9ja and Nairabet has empowered more youths than he has.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by OAUTemitayo: 4:35am On May 25, 2018
maasoap:

It is not compulsory that his state benefits from bet taxes or alcohol sales and consumption taxes. The man simply just tired of seeing his people being further impoverished as result of online betting.
Then he should tell the federal government to stop allocating revenues generated from the sale of beer and betting to the state
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by Antoeni(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2018
A lazy Nigeria Governor
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by babatee90(m): 6:46am On May 25, 2018
idu1:
where did he said betting is against his religion?

English please
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by Revolva(m): 7:39am On May 25, 2018
the man de crase sometin dat can change life
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by Talknochip(m): 8:10am On May 25, 2018
Hypocrisy!
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by idu1(m): 8:37am On May 25, 2018
babatee90:

English please
Face your front please.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by solobet9ja(m): 9:00am On May 25, 2018
He should as well stop collecting federal allocation. By the way what has Boronu have to offer to the table if not Boko Aram and killing of Nigerians. I don't blame him, stupid man!
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by inosend: 9:35am On May 25, 2018
I support this move 100%. This game of chance is a 'one chance' game. #saynotogambling

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by maasoap(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2018
Bishopsgate:

He did by connotation. Where was he and what was the event where he made the statement? A religious function :
Shettima stated this while speaking at the 14th Annual Ramadan Lecture organized by Borno Radio Television Corporation in Maiduguri on Sunday

“I have given directives to all Bet-Naija and Nairabet agents in the state to leave immediately. Drug and substance abuse gives birth to all immoral vices hence government’s determination to fight all forms of social vices,” Shettima vowed
"

That is not enough evidence to make such conclusion because he equally talked about drug and substance abuse in the same sentence. And he related the two to how they give birth to immoral vices.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by maasoap(m): 10:17am On May 25, 2018
Bishopsgate:

The man and his likes made them impoverished in the first place through their religious manipulation and corruption.

I have lived in Kaduna, Minna and Abuja. The average northerner is innocent of the crimes of their leaders. They are the biggest victims of the evil actions and manipulations of the northern elite who continue to use religion and intentional under exposure to keep the masses enslaved

All leaders from both south and North are guilty of impoverishing their people. But the keyword in my comment was FURTHER.
I know what online betting are doing to guys around me in the southern part of Nigeria, it's worrisome. Believe me.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by asha80(m): 10:30am On May 25, 2018
maasoap:

All leaders from both south and North are guilty of impoverishing their people. But the keyword in my comment was FURTHER.
I know what online betting are doing to guys around me in the southern part of Nigeria, it's worrisome. Believe me.
lets stop all these morality crap before we descend to iranian style of dictating of peoples lives..people should learn personal responsibility for any action..do you know how betting industry helps a nation?ask UK and USA how much they make for betting industry..all these are faux pa morality self..govt should do what they are supposed to do help the infrastructure and economy grow and expand and some these guys you are complaining about would actually leave gambling

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by IgedeBushBoy(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2018
Those of you saying nonsense about the move, I am sure you forgot nairaland doesn't support sports betting activities either. Stop calling people names for taking decisions they think will move them forward. If this pays off in the future, it will only enhance your preconceived hatred.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by fabianjay101(m): 12:27pm On May 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:
But when you collect allocations from Abuja, do you know that those Betnaija and Nairabet people pay tax which you use to feed your people?

Someone should please drag these people back to school.
you said all and thank you
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by kaystick86(m): 12:28pm On May 25, 2018
You can not stop or ban online netting mr governor
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2018
asha80:
lets stop all these morality crap before we descend to iranian style of dictating of peoples lives..people should learn personal responsibility for any action..do you know how betting industry helps a nation?ask UK and USA how much they make for betting industry..all these are faux pa morality self..govt should do what they are supposed to do help the infrastructure and economy grow and expand and some these guys you are complaining about would actually leave gambling

Betting impoverish people, simple. It's not about morality for me, it about plunging people further into poverty believing that ones day, they would win big!
There is a great difference between government that collects taxes as low as 5% and poor people using their daily incomes to place bets.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by asha80(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2018
maasoap:

Betting impoverish people, simple. It's not about morality for me, it about plunging people further into poverty believing that ones day, they would win big!
There is a great difference between government that collects taxes as low as 5% and poor people using their daily incomes to place bets.
this your thought pattern is as good as trying to enforce morality..the people betting no longer can control themselves?are they forced to bet?is betting mandatory?haba!..maybe igf goverments did what they are supoosed to do first poverty would have being greatly reduced in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by miceroms: 12:53pm On May 25, 2018
i wonder how these guy with this kind of thought pattern rose to become a leading bank executive.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by Bishopsgate(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2018
maasoap:

That is not enough evidence to make such conclusion because he equally talked about drug and substance abuse in the same sentence. And he related the two to how they give birth to immoral vices.

What informs morality my brother? Is it universal?
It's based on societal norms and beliefs.

In the North, the influence of religion In determining societal norms and beliefs is overwhelming.

Is betting the cause of poverty in the north or south?
Please note that betting is not a vice. It is the addiction to it that is the problem. Are you aware that there are people addicted to sleeping with minors. They justify it in the north through religion. vvf is caused by this and Nigeria has the highest prevalence in the world. Can this your governor ban such a vice the way he did betting?

He would not dare even talk about it because of the backlash from religious fanatics and bodies that will make him lose support. All this is just politicians playing mind games with people to win support. Saying g what the majority Muslim indigenes want to hear. All natural wash

Please ask your governor to concentrate on his basic functions and succeed at it before forming Bruce Lee on lesser evils.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by DaRuud(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2018
Nwanne Igbos are not smiling

BankeSmalls:
But when you collect allocations from Abuja, do you know that those Betnaija and Nairabet people pay tax which you use to feed your people?

Someone should please drag these people back to school.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by maasoap(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2018
Bishopsgate:

What informs morality my brother? Is it universal?
It's based on societal norms and beliefs.

In the North, the influence of religion In determining societal norms and beliefs is overwhelming.

Is betting the cause of poverty in the north or south?
Please note that betting is not a vice. It is the addiction to it that is the problem. Are you aware that there are people addicted to sleeping with minors. They justify it in the north through religion. vvf is caused by this and Nigeria has the highest prevalence in the world. Can this your governor ban such a vice the way he did betting?

He would not dare even talk about it because of the backlash from religious fanatics and bodies that will make him lose support. All this is just politicians playing mind games with people to win support. Saying g what the majority Muslim indigenes want to hear. All natural wash

Please ask your governor to concentrate on his basic functions and succeed at it before forming Bruce Lee on lesser evils.

You guys always have this warped mindset that once someone agree to something, that person is automatically personally and directly involved.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by maasoap(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2018
asha80:
this your thought pattern is as good as trying to enforce morality.. the people betting no longer can control themselves? are they forced to bet?is betting mandatory?haba!..maybe igf goverments did what they are supoosed to do first poverty would have being greatly reduced in the first instance.

Yes, your are right about the question. Betting has an addition just like drug and alcohol. You should read about it to broaden your knowledge about it. Just free me of some bullshiit about moral.
I'm down here in the south, I see the negative effects and impacts online betting, it is a disaster!
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by asha80(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2018
maasoap:

Yes, your are right about the question. Betting has an addition just like drug and alcohol. You should read about it to broaden your knowledge about it. Just free me of some bullshiit about moral.
I'm down here in the south, I see the negative effects and impacts online betting, it is a disaster!
oh pls spare me negative effects bullshit..let govts fixed their various economies and see whether some people will not quit bet eventually..people that want to bet allow them to bet..drugs destroy health..betting does not..go and see the contribution of the betting industry to uk and usa economy.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by Bishopsgate(m): 1:26pm On May 26, 2018
maasoap:

You guys always have this warped mindset that once someone agree to something, that person is automatically personally and directly involved.

Your governor stated in my write up does not mean that you know of him or that you are even an indigene of the state he governs.

Your governor was used to refer to you in the sense that you were the one supporting his position. Do you know this is admissible in English language?
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by stevnwigw1: 2:23pm On May 26, 2018
the federal gov should ban this wicked people exploiting the poor.
Re: Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State by maasoap(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2018
Bishopsgate:

Your governor stated in my write up does not mean that you know of him or that you are even an indigene of the state he governs.

Your governor was used to refer to you in the sense that you were the one supporting his position. Do you know this is admissible in English language?

He's not my governor. The fact that I agreed with him on one subject of discussion didn't make him my governor in any sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters / General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.