Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? (5776 Views)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan / Listening To Music In Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Fkhalifa(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2018
We should just try our best and hope for Allah's mercy...

In an environment like this,it isn't that easy,.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2018
Lukgaf:
Stop saying what you have not knowledge of?
How can you be sure that I have no knowledge of what is being discussed?
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by begwong: 11:34am On May 25, 2018
My Muslim friend in our compound bilyaminu sleeps with a lady after breaking fast. Is this permissible? He wakes up to commence the fast in the morning again after discharging the lady early in the morning ✈�
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by DonPikko: 11:35am On May 25, 2018
kyutepanda:

Excuse you! don't even go there...these are parts of the shits i don't accept
you shouldn't use people around you to judge others....remember personality has nothing to do with religion
some are naturally the fun loving types like me here am a sanguine and we have some crazy shits we do and it has nothing to do with my Belief in God and My Religion

RELIGION different mark
PERSONALTY another total different mark
Have a wonderful day
see profile pic, ikebe super cool
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by DonPikko: 11:36am On May 25, 2018
Fkhalifa:
We should just try our best and hope for Allah's mercy...

In an environment like this,it isn't that easy,.
religion cannot allow u to use your brain again
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by kyutepanda(f): 11:39am On May 25, 2018
DonPikko:

ur brain dey scratch you lol
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Nobody: 11:40am On May 25, 2018
vroy:
playing games?

I tell you
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by DonPikko: 12:48pm On May 25, 2018
kyutepanda:

panda ninu awe embarassed

1 Like

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 25, 2018
You are beautiful
kyutepanda:

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 25, 2018
Ukwu nwere nti
DonPikko:
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by kyutepanda(f): 1:14pm On May 25, 2018
DonPiiko:
You are beautiful

am i allowed to blush? lol

1 Like

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Spain007(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2018
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allaah.

Listening to music is haraam, whether in Ramadaan or at other times, but it is more forbidden in Ramadaan, and is a greater sin, because fasting does not only mean refraining from eating and drinking, rather it means attaining piety or fear of Allaah, and it means that all the physical faculties should refrain from disobeying Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting does not just mean (abstaining) from eating and drinking, rather fasting means (abstaining) from idle and obscene talk…”

Narrated by al-Haakim who said: This hadeeth is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

See also question no. 37989

The saheeh Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) clearly indicates that listening to musical instruments is haraam.

Al-Bukhaari narrated in a mu’allaq report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be among my ummah people who regard adultery, silk, pork and musical instruments as permissible…” Al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi said that this was a mawsool report.

This hadeeth indicates that musical instruments are haraam in two ways:

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “[they] will regard… as permissible.” This clearly indicates that the things mentioned are haraam, but those people will regard them as permissible.

2 – Musical instruments are mentioned in conjunction with things that are definitely haraam, namely adultery (zina) and alcohol. If it were not haraam it would not have been mentioned alongside them.

See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani , hadeeth no. 91.

The believer should make the most of this blessed month and turn to his Lord. He should repent to Allaah and give up haraam things that he was in the habit of doing before Ramadaan, so that Allaah might accept his fast and set his affairs straight.

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/12647

Yes but music that adds to the soul n spirit morally...not 1 corner or legbegbe types of music abeg
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by vroy(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2018
UNIQUEISRAEL:

I tell you
Oga playing games is not prohibited it will just take your from reading Quran or doing relevant ibadah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan 101 Class 3 - When Is Ramadan And Suggested Routine For Ramadan? / Shamelessness / Probability Of Allah Forgiving The Christian On The Day Of Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.