Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:24 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (86450 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by A40(m): 4:19am On Jun 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

What has your uncle Wenger achieved in 5 years ? U guys just think coaching retards is easy ? Osaze is a retard for lampooning his coach, his captain and deputy captain . . .one day he might publicly disown his father ! Bloody irritant that cant clean Kanu's shoes !
All man know say Wenger dey phuck up! Lets not go into that. The koko is that Lagerback has been a failure so far. Ball and the numbers don't lie. No one is saying what Osaze is doing is right but is he the first person to do it?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:37am On Jun 26, 2010
^ tell me why A WHOLE WENGER IS ALLOWED A WHOLE DECADE TO F.CK UP BUT LBK MUST BE CRUCIFIED because OF the foolishness of KAITA, the wastefulness of OBASI and YAK, the ignoramusity of AFOLABI, the selfishness, hypocrisy and foul-mouthedness of OSAZE, and annoyingly the timidity of MARTINS ? Or even so . . .the wholesomely unfortunateness of TT and EUE's injuries ?

When last did Nigerians feel bitter about a loss or lukewarm performance ? With Amodu it was always WYSIWYG !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Olayinka45: 9:07am On Jun 26, 2010
Nigeria's performance will be better next time!
I am so sad that african teams didn't play well in South Africa because, it will take a long time before another World Cup could take place again
in Africa and see an African team win.

http://www.goafricanteams.com/store/#ecwid:category=226558&mode=product&product=744023
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

What has your uncle Wenger achieved in 5 years ? U guys just think coaching retards is easy ? Osaze is a retard for lampooning his coach, his captain and deputy captain . . .one day he might publicly disown his father ! Bloody irritant that cant clean Kanu's shoes !

But you demanded Amodu to use the same "retards" to win ANC?

Now you see oyinbo is when you decide the are incapables?

When I was screaming it back then that the players were not good enough, you were just arguing. I said it right from time that if it was oyinbo that was coaching and they fail, most of you would not blame coach.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2010
There is a difference between DOING WELL and WINNING TROPHIES . . .explains why most Naija fans are Arsenal fans or closet gunners, geddit ? Naija fans tolerated SIASIA despite his abysmal showing in Egypt, why ?

Amodu made a foolish 1/4 target but we didnt realize the folly of that till we found out that we could have won that tourney if HE HAD NOT FOOLISHLY DROPPED ADELEYE, ADEFEMI AND A HOST OF OTHER SIASIA BOYS THAT SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM !

At least we can see that there wasnt any justificatn for targetting top 4 in Africa that has refused to show up as a continent in a tourney which it is hosting !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

There is a difference between DOING WELL and WINNING TROPHIES . . .explains why most Naija fans are Arsenal fans or closet gunners, geddit ? Naija fans tolerated SIASIA despite his abysmal showing in Egypt, why ?

Amodu made a foolish 1/4 target but we didnt realize the folly of that till we found out that we could have won that tourney if HE HAD NOT FOOLISHLY DROPPED ADELEYE, ADEFEMI AND A HOST OF OTHER SIASIA BOYS THAT SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM !

At least we can see that there wasnt any justificatn for targetting top 4 in Africa that has refused to show up as a continent in a tourney which it is hosting !

Oh, I see!

You blame Amodu for the wastefulness vs Ghana in the SFs that meant they could not go on to finals, but you blame the players for the wastefulness instead of Lagerback when they could not win a single match to achieve their WC SF target?

So you condemn him for dropping Adeleye, Adefemi and a host of Siasia boys but you think Lagerback was great when he did not invite most of them and the one he invited he refused to use when he had the chance and used a player that was clearly inferior and cost us?

Please explain.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
e don do now
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2010
Wastefulness against Ghana ? Osaze and Martins were culpable . . .but against Egypt HE SHOULD NOT NEVER HAVE STARTED NWANERI . . .and deploying 3 DMs in matches where we could easily attack and pummel the opposition unabashedly wasnt exactly brilliant, how come he couldnt get anyone creative enuff to banger down Zambia ?

I wont blame YOBO as people that saw them in training said OLD man YOBO was one of d fittest in camp then. Olofin was injured, Ordia, TT, infact half of d team werent fit, as against when LGBK used them but Kaita sabotaged his efforts . . .
Ayila's best game ever for the SE was against SK under LGBK ?
Enyeama in his 1st two games ?
Uche against Greece and SK?
Etuhu vs Columbia ?
Haruna in the friendlies and in 1st half against the Greeks ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Wastefulness against Ghana ? Osaze and Martins were culpable . . .but against Egypt HE SHOULD NOT NEVER HAVE STARTED NWANERI . . .and deploying 3 DMs in  matches where we could easily attack and pummel the opposition unabashedly wasnt exactly brilliant, how come he couldnt get anyone creative enuff to banger down Zambia ?

I wont blame YOBO as people that saw them in training said OLD man YOBO was one of d fittest in camp then. Olofin was injured, Ordia, TT, infact half of d  team werent fit, as against when LGBK used them but Kaita sabotaged his efforts . . .
Ayila's best game ever for the SE was against SK under LGBK ?
Enyeama in his 1st two games ?
Uche against Greece and SK?
Etuhu vs Columbia ?
Haruna in the friendlies and in 1st half against the Greeks ?

What I asked you to explain was this:

Sagamite:

Oh, I see!

You blame Amodu for the wastefulness vs Ghana in the SFs that meant they could not go on to finals, but you blame the players for the wastefulness instead of Lagerback when they could not win a single match to achieve their WC SF target?

So you condemn him for dropping Adeleye, Adefemi and a host of Siasia boys but you think Lagerback was great when he did not invite most of them and the one he invited he refused to use when he had the chance and used a player that was clearly inferior and cost us?

Please explain.

What you explained was something else.

Please try again. I don't accept strawmans.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2010
I wont know if Adeleye wasnt in tiptop shape as I believe he is the best defender in Africa, but despite that didnt he use Obasi and Nsofor ?

Amodu won bronze cos virtually all d teams bar Egypt were thrash, if LGBK took those boys he wouldnt do nada as they werent fit but these WC boys would have beaten Egypt !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

I wont know if Adeleye wasnt in tiptop shape as I believe he is the best defender in Africa, but despite that didnt he use Obasi and Nsofor?

So when LGBK took Adeleye to camp and Adeleye passed camp and he was not used at WC despite you saying he is the best defender in Africa (Note: I somewhat agree as I have always said he seems destined for greatness), you defend LGBK by saying "I wont know if Adeleye wasnt in tiptop shape"? This is despite the fact that he passed camp.

On the other hand, Amodu dropped Adeleye AFTER camp and you condemned him as having 'poor judgement'. You did not think if "I wont know if Adeleye wasnt in tiptop shape" that is why he did not make the team?

I don't see the logic.

Except the mentality that when oyinbo does something we do not understand, then we speculate that oyinbo decision must have some sense we are not aware of. But when a black man does something we do not understand, he is a dunce.

Dr Kitaun:

Amodu won bronze cos virtually all d teams bar Egypt were thrash, if LGBK took those boys he wouldnt do nada as they werent fit but these WC boys would have beaten Egypt !

Again what I ask you was different.

It is clear knowledge that Nigeria created a lot of chances in the ANC SFs that was not converted, mainly by Martins. We dominated the game and it was one of our most creative games. A lot of people agree it was our best performance in ANC as we were creating chances and pegged the opposition for 80 mins.

You turn around and blame the black coach for not going further than SF when the players are guilty of not converting chances. Then you now turn around, now, to TELL US to blame the players, not the white coach this time, for the same players not converting chances vs SK and exiting the WC in the first round when the target was SF.

Explain.

It is a pure joke to say the same team that could not win a game at WC under LGBK will thrash Egpyt.

Laughable point.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2010
Its making me sick ur back and forth argument . . .ADELEYE was fit during the ANC . . .gimme till evening 2 confirm from my journalist friends who and who werent fit at the WC, then we can continue d convo !!! !

Drop that placebo thingy, its making u sound unintelligent !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Its making me sick your back and forth argument . . .ADELEYE was fit during the ANC . . .gimme till evening 2 confirm from my journalist friends who and who werent fit at the WC, then we can continue d convo !!!

Wait one minute.

So you mean you had not bothered to confirm but you decided to put up a defence for LGBK anyway?

I wonder why. undecided

Dr Kitaun:

Drop that placebo thingy, its making u sound unintelligent !

Couldn't disagree more.

I am being vindicated on my prognosticative analysis of how people react and critic differently depending on the colour of the skin of the coach, hence the unjust tough time Amodu got even when he was victorious. And now the pat on the back for LGBK despite his glaring errors that led to our failures, that cost us 2nd round and made 2 countries use us to set records.

I think the vindication of such complex dynamics can only make me look super intelligent.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sagamite:

I am being vindicated on my prognosticatical analysis of how people react and critic differently depending on the colour of the skin of the coach, hence the unjust tough time Amodu got even when he was victorious. And now the pat on the back for LGBK despite his glaring errors that led to our failures, that cost us 2nd round and made 2 countries use us to set records.

I think the vindication of such complex dynamics can only make me look super intelligent.

This is NOT true.
Berti Vogts isn't a negro and yet he got harsher criticisms than Amodu Shuaib.
Nigerians don't care about the colour of skin. . . . .Siasia isn't white neither was Yemi Tella or Sebastian Brodericks.

There's no way anyone should compare Lagerback to Amodu. . . . .This world cup can never be used as a yardstick to access the two.
World Cup rivals have more quality than the shower of shyte teams Amodu came against in the qualifiers and the ANC.
Amodu does not look like a man that knows the logic/concept behind setting a team to play FOOTBALL.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2010
Have u seen me list players found unfit AT THE WC ? The only exception is Echejile who I know his people a likkle ! A lot of players chicken out tournament stage or get injured, the coach drops such and doesnt have to explain since he is in charge of a team not a player, yet plastic fans believe once a player is selected for a tourney then he is immune from injury or loss of form . . .nonsense !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

This is NOT true.
Berti Vogts isn't a negro and yet he got harsher criticisms than Amodu Shuaib.
Nigerians don't care about the colour of skin. . . . .Siasia isn't white neither was Yemi Tella or Sebastian Brodericks.

There's no way anyone should compare Lagerback to Amodu. . . . .This world cup can never be used as a yardstick to access the two.
World Cup rivals have more quality than the shower of shyte teams Amodu came against in the qualifiers and the ANC.
Amodu does not look like a man that knows the logic/concept behind setting a team to play FOOTBALL.

If Vogts got Amodu's results, I am pretty sure he would not have been sacked.

And Vogts did not help his case and was hated more because he did not hide his disregard for the society by refusing to live in Nigeria and saying he would coach from Germany.

If a black African Local coach tried that, he would be relieved immediately, he would not even lead to ANC.

And leading underage is not as viciously critiqued as leading national team.

I am pretty sure that if Amodu led us to WC 2010, it would not be 2 defeats and a draw. The same teams Amodu beat or dominated are the ones giving a good game to England, Germany, USA etc.

Dr Kitaun:

Have u seen me list players found unfit  AT THE WC ? The only exception is Echejile who I know his people a likkle ! A lot of players chicken out tournament stage or get injured, the coach drops such and doesnt have to explain since he is in charge of a team not a player, yet plastic fans believe once a player is selected for a tourney then he is immune from injury or loss of form . . .nonsense !

You delivered speculative defence without knowing.

How are you sure Adeleye was not injured, unfit or underperformed in camp, hence he was dropped? Why no speculative defence for that, instead you raised your hammer to condemn?

But you see Oyinbo and you quickly raised your speculative defence.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sagamite:

If Vogts got Amodu's results, I am pretty sure he would not have been sacked.
And Vogts did not help his case and was hated more because he did not hide his disregard for the society by refusing to live in Nigeria and saying he would coach from Germany.

Vogt's performance is not worse than Amodu's. . . . .They both FAILED.

If a black African Local coach tried that, he would be relieved immediately, he would not even lead to ANC.
You delivered speculative defence without knowing.

Why would a Black African[b] local[/b] coach say such.
Vogts is German - one can understand why he wanted to manage the team from his country.
Siasia is Naija - why would he wanna manage his team from Florida? Is he from there?

Sagamite. . . . .this issue has been overflogged.
I have seen enough games in ma life to know Amodu is a dud manager. His intelligence at best cannot compare to Lagerback's.
Without boasting, i believe i would manage a team better than Amodu. I do it on PS3 and win championships.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

Vogt's performance is not worse than Amodu's. . . . .They both FAILED.

You are wrong.

Amodu achieved ALL his targets, Vogts did not.

Vogts only got to QFs and won one game in ANC. How is that not worse?

Abeg, no go there.

~Sauron~:

Why would a Black African[b] local[/b] coach say such.
Vogts is German - one can understand why he wanted to manage the team from his country.
Siasia is Naija - why would he wanna manage his team from Florida? Is he from there?

What is understandable about that?

Are you having a laff?

Why take a job in a foreign country if you do not wish to leave your country?

What if Siasia wants to be with his family in Florida and manage from there? What if Oliseh wants to be in Belgium? If it is reasonably possible, why can they not exploit the same benefits?

~Sauron~:

Sagamite. . . . .this issue has been overflogged.
I have seen enough games in ma life to know Amodu is a dud manager. His intelligence at best cannot compare to Lagerback's.
Without boasting, i believe i would manage a team better than Amodu. I do it on PS3 and win championships.

Lagerback messed us up. He performed worse than Amodu would have at WC and took 500% of the pay for Amodu.

I can't blame him. It is a win-win scenario and only a fooool would turn it down.

His track record is abysmal and inferior to Amodu's. And his performance at the WC was a joke.

Imagine it was Amodu that:

- Is playing Kaita as a right midfielder in WORLD CUP, out of ALL SE players.

- Brought on a striker to DEFEND a 1 goal lead after going a man down

- His captain is coming before a crucial match to qualify for second round to tell the press that the team has no hope

- Is benching our best and most hard-working player (Odems)

- His team played so lamely his keeper has to make 7 world class saves to not be embarassed

- Selected an injured player for WORLD CUP that the player himself had to pull out as he does not see himself fit enough

- Selected Utaka for world cup and dropped future players like Anichebe or Ideye that even offer a different playing style

- Had a game to play in high altitude but did not take the team to train in high altitude and then lost a game with a player (Etuhu) complaining about lack of training which led to running out of breath too quickly

- Only in the third game did he get our midfield right

- Left a LB that was fit on the bench and played a CB (that was shaky in the last game) on the left, that now led to a goal

- Did not play Adeleye at all, who is one of our best defenders and would have done better than Afolabi even as a striker

- Did not compete with Argentina for 65mins

- Could not train his team to deal with set pieces or to even take good ones when it is their turn

- Had a team that did not pass at critical moments

- Lost 2 games and drew one and crashed out in 1st round of WC

Puhlease. YOU WOULD CONDEMN HIM!

Lagerback erred in squad selection (Mikel, Utaka, Ike, Anichebe), he erred in team lists (Midfield, Obasi over Odems, Afolabi over Adeleye/Echiejile), he erred in tactics (worship of Argentina and no plans of utilisation of set pieces against them, Obasi instead of Ayila to defend one goal lead) and then to conclude he FAILED at the WC!!!

Lagerback improved NOTHING, he achieved NOTHING and made a lot of errors.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sagamite:

You are wrong.
Amodu achieved ALL his targets, Vogts did not.
Vogts only got to QFs and won one game in ANC. How is that not worse?

What target did Amodu achieve?
He was expected to bring the Nations Cup trophy to Nigeria but he finished THIRD.
He failed in 2002, he failed in 2010.
Amodu will continue to fail with the National Team.

Abeg, no go there.
What is understandable about that?
Are you having a laff?
Why take a job in a foreign country if you do not wish to leave your country?

The NFF knew that before they hired him.
It was up to your football federation to either give him the job or hire a manager that would stay in Nigeria.

What if Siasia wants to be with his family in Florida and manage from there? What if Oliseh wants to be in Belgium? If it is reasonably possible, why can they not exploit the same benefits?

Siasia and Oliseh are all Nigerians and they all have HOMES in Nigeria.
Vogts has no house in Nigeria. Never lived in Nigeria.
Apples n oranges.

Lagerback messed us up. He performed worse than Amodu would have at WC and took 500% of the pay for Amodu.
I can't blame him. It is a win-win scenario and only a fooool would turn it down.
His track record is abysmal and inferior to Amodu's. And his performance at the WC was a joke.

How do you know what Amodu woulda achieved in the WC
A plonker that lost 1-3 to Egypt and was beaten bluish-blackish by a young Ghana team wouldn't have qualified Nigeria in the round of 16 in the WC.
That is a FACT!!!

Imagine it was Amodu that:

- Is playing Kaita as a right midfielder in WORLD CUP, out of ALL SE players.

- Brought on a striker to DEFEND a 1 goal lead after going a man down

- His captain is coming before a crucial match to qualify for second round to tell the press that the team has no hope

- Is benching our best and most hard-working player (Odems)

- His team played so lamely his keeper has to make 7 world class saves to not be embarassed

- Selected an injured player for WORLD CUP that the player himself had to pull out as he does not see himself fit enough

- Selected Utaka for world cup and dropped future players like Anichebe or Ideye that even offer a different playing style

- Had a game to play in high altitude but did not take the team to train in high altitude and then lost a game with a player (Etuhu) complaining about lack of training which led to running out of breath too quickly

- Only in the third game did he get our midfield right

- Left a LB that was fit on the bench and played a CB (that was shaky in the last game) on the left, that now led to a goal

- Did not play Adeleye at all, who is one of our best defenders and would have done better than Afolabi even as a striker

- Did not compete with Argentina for 65mins

- Could not train his team to deal with set pieces or to even take good ones when it is their turn

- Had a team that did not pass at critical moments

- Lost 2 games and drew one and crashed out in 1st round of WC

Amodu did worse than all these things you listed in a more inferior competition.
Amodu failed you in 2002, he failed you in 2010 in inferior competitions and yet you keep telling us he achieved his target.
No member of the NFF woulda told Amodu  that to finish 3rd is a TARGET. They wanted the cup(not finishing 3rd in an African competition).

Puhlease. YOU WOULD CONDEMN HIM!

Lagerback did better than Amodu.
I am not convinced Amodu's record is better than Lagerback's
The 70% win percentage you harp about is untrue. U plucked that statistics from the air by choosing Amodu's best 24 performances and you want us to believe he's done better.

Lagerback improved NOTHING, he achieved NOTHING and made a lot of errors.

Amodu destroyed the credibility left in the Super Eagles by losing 1-3 scandalously to Egypt and getting trounced by Ghana.
Whats more. . . . . . .Under his stewardship, Nigeria played the worst football known to any fan of our generation with insipid and slow build up to attack. Amodu is a local coach who musta copped at least 20 years experience managing teams in Nigeria - How many players did he develop?

I can go on and on but it would be unfair on Mr. Shuaib's relatives who might be reading this piece.
Amodu cannot clean Lagerback's boots as far as team management is concerned. There's no proof Amodu woulda done better than Lagerback if he had gone to the world cup. His coaching methods are either obsolete or completely archaic. No player developed under Amodu - it's still the same pile of w@nk year after year.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

What target did Amodu achieve?
He was expected to bring the Nations Cup trophy to Nigeria but he finished THIRD.
He failed in 2002, he failed in 2010.
Amodu will continue to fail with the National Team.

His target was SF in 2010 and he achieved it.

I repeat, his target by his employers was SF, and he achieved it.

~Sauron~:

The NFF knew that before they hired him.
It was up to your football federation to either give him the job or hire a manager that would stay in Nigeria.

Nope. You are wrong.

He was expected to set up base in Nigeria and he did not, yet they left him in charge despite his disparagement of their wish.

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=60113&sid=474a5dafc97d5e7a4f887dbcd376fecb

Blackie would not get away with that.

~Sauron~:

Siasia and Oliseh are all Nigerians and they all have HOMES in Nigeria.
Vogts has no house in Nigeria. Never lived in Nigeria.
Apples n oranges.

Vogts can get a house in Nigeria. It is not rocket science in buying one.

No excuses. It is unheard of to say you would coach a country from another continent. If you cannot live in a country, don't take a job in that country.

I can't even imagine the CEO of Shell Nigeria, heading from UK.

~Sauron~:

A plonker that lost 1-3 to Egypt and was beaten bluish-blackish by a young Ghana team wouldn't have qualified Nigeria in the round of 16 in the WC.
That is a FACT!!!

The same plonker that beat France and Japan. Drew with Argentina and Mexico. Beat Algeria that drew with England. Dominated Ghana that competed with (not dominated by) Germany.

I am sure would have done better than LGBK.

~Sauron~:

Amodu did worse than all these things you listed in a more inferior competition.
Amodu failed you in 2002, he failed you in 2010 in inferior competitions and yet you keep telling us he achieved his target.
No member of the NFF woulda told Amodu  that to finish 3rd is a TARGET. They wanted the cup(not finishing 3rd in an African competition).

Amodu did far better. That list says all about the failure of this error in judgement of replacing him. I repeat Amodu did far better. Otherwise list it.

Amodu did not fail anything in 2002, NFA thieves failed you and then punished others for objecting to their looting. Amodu's team lost to a world class team after disruption of his camp. Even great managers lose sometimes.

There is nothing inferior in the competitions. Amodu took Shittus, Yobos, Yaks, Odems, above average players, to great stats.

LGBK could not do anything with the Ibrahimovics, Larssons, Ljunbergs, Mellbergs to achieve over San Marino, Leichenstein, Montenegero, Macedonia, Albania, Northern Ireland. He had a horrible stats with top players that are in the 10 in the world.

Condemn LGBK for his failures and stop saying he is the best thing since Kelly Rowland was born.

~Sauron~:

Lagerback did better than Amodu.
I am not convinced Amodu's record is better than Lagerback's
The 70% win percentage you harp about is untrue. U plucked that statistics from the air by choosing Amodu's best 24 performances and you want us to believe he's done better.

Prove me wrong. Provide your stats.

It was 75% before ANC in competitive matches.

It was 66% after ANC in competitive matches.

And 56% for all matches.

If you have contradicting facts, display it. I wait patiently.

LGBK record is 43% wins. Appalling when you have Ibrahimovic and Larsson in your team.

~Sauron~:

Amodu destroyed the credibility left in the Super Eagles by losing 1-3 scandalously to Egypt and getting trounced by Ghana.
Whats more. . . . . . .Under his stewardship, Nigeria played the worst football known to any fan of our generation with insipid and slow build up to attack. Amodu is a local coach who musta copped at least 20 years experience managing teams in Nigeria - How many players did he develop?

Clubs mainly develop players, not national coaches.

~Sauron~:

I can go on and on but it would be unfair on Mr. Shuaib's relatives who might be reading this piece.
Amodu cannot clean Lagerback's boots as far as team management is concerned. There's no proof Amodu woulda done better than Lagerback if he had gone to the world cup. His coaching methods are either obsolete or completely archaic. No player developed under Amodu - it's still the same pile of w@nk year after year.

LGBK brought no improvement, no achievements and no results.

He was an error. He kind of said it himself: Stick with your local coaches and GIVE them time.

He knows who should have taken us to WC, but he does not mind the money.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2010
I remember Amodu playing vs 10 Senegalese in 2002 for over 90minutes and still lost
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2010
dayokanu:

I remember Amodu playing vs 10 Senegalese in 2002 for over 90minutes and still lost

Amodu is a disgrace jare. . . . .
He has no place in anyone's top 10 Naija managers of all time. . . .Why is he even getting so much attention?
The guy should return to his village and farm!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2010
My reply to Sauron was spambotted.

I await Seun to rectify but it is in my history.

dayokanu:

I remember SAF taking world class players to lose to 4rd League Leeds.

I remember Lippi not being able to beat New Zealand, a team with part-time players.

I remember Scolari taking Figo, Ronaldo, Deco and a host of other world stars to draw with village fishmonger, part time players of Leichtenstein.

They failed to beat this ridiculously poor teams with numerous world class players in their teams, that had trained for several sessions and has no camp disruption.

Amodu lost to a top class team that took the world by storm, where his players spent the night arguing over money and could not bury a penalty and so what?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
Nigeria played Senegal in a crucial Nations Cup semi finals and the opposition copped a red card in the first half yet They dominated and beat Amodu's side.

Shame.

Ferguson has won CL, Lippi has won CL and world cup, Scolari has won world cup.

What is the high point of Amodus career
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sagamite:

I remember SAF taking world class players to lose to 4rd League Leeds.

That is after winning tons of titles and trophies for United and Aberdeen!

I remember Lippi not being able to beat New Zealand, a team with part-time players.

That was after winning the world cup and tons of league titles in Italy.

I remember Scolari taking Figo, Ronaldo, Deco and a host of other world stars to draw with village fishmonger, part time players of Leichtenstein.
They failed to beat this ridiculously poor teams with numerous world class players in their teams, that had trained for several sessions and has no camp disruption.

That was after Scolari won the world cup with Brazil and took Portugal to the 2004 European cup.

Amodu lost to a top class team that took the world by storm, where his players could not bury a penalty and so what?

What has Amodu won with the national team to excuse his persistent failure with the Super Eagles?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2010
I repeat, (lets take only one example) Scolari took FIGO, CHRISTIANO RONALDO, DECO, CAVALHO, MANICHE etc to play 2:2 with a team with part-time fishmongers, bankers and a population of 28,000.

Why? Does the result say something negative about his abilities?

What has what he won got to do with the result?

A lot of Nigerian clubs could probably win those teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sagamite:

I repeat, (lets take only one example) Scolari took FIGO, CHRISTIANO RONALDO, DECO, CAVALHO, MANICHE etc to play 2:2 with a team with part-time fishmongers, bankers and a population of 28,000.

Why?
What has what he won got to do with the result?
A lot of Nigerian clubs could probably win those teams.

But the same Scolari already won a world cup in 2002. We have seen what he's capable of doing when he decides to be brilliant.
Amodu's best is finishing 3rd in an inferior competition like CAN.
No one would condemn Amodu if he had taken the Super Eagles to a trophy even if it's 4000 years ago, but has he?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

But the same Scolari already won a world cup in 2002. We have seen what he's capable of doing when he decides to be brilliant.
Amodu's best is finishing 3rd in an inferior competition like CAN.
No one would condemn Amodu if he had taken the Super Eagles to a trophy even if it's 4000 years ago, but has he?

The same Amodu has won a lot of laurels too.

How come Scolari is drawing with a country Togo would beat despite having 6 or more top players in his team and the opposition have players not allowed to wash their boots? And yet you want to condemn Amodu for losing to a country that thrashed world champions AFTER his team was disrupted and did not have a good sleep and just being told they do not need to be proud of their jersey?

It is amazing the way you all set criteria of a bad coach that fits your claim that Amodu is rubbish, but when it is pointed out that your criteria captures a world class coach, you come with excuses.

The only criteria that holds water is results and Amodu's is relatively good. Better than Lagerback's. He has won more laurels and has WAY SUPERIOR stats (Sauron, if you have contrdicting stats, provide it). He even qualified his nation for WC and Lagerback failed. Then LGBK came to take his team to failure again.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sagamite:

The same Amodu has won a lot of laurels too.

For club or country? grin cheesy
I wouldn't argue with you if this was about BCC Lions of Gboko or 3SC of Ibadan.
Amodu is the king of local clubs - but when it comes to the National Team, let him stand back.

How come Scolari is drawing with a country Togo would beat? And yet you want to condemn Amodu for losing to a country that thrashed world champions AFTER his team was disrupted and did not have a good sleep?

Jose Mourinho lost 0-3 to Middlesboro when he was at Chelsea.
The price of Shevchenko was more than the whole Boro team.

If we put it down to upsets - there's no good manager in the world cos everyone of them has suffered a bucket load of upsets.
However, these managers earn their stripes with what they have won in the past so the little upsets are easily forgotten.

Has anyone condemned Guardiola for losing to Inter Milan? They wouldn't - he won 6 trophies last season with the same club.
So when clubs like Rubin Kazan go to Nou Camp and beat Barcelona, it is quickly forgotten.

But when a manager keeps failing the National team in every opportunity he gets then his credibility will be questioned.
Amodu is NOT a National Team coach. He shouldn't punch above his weight. He's tactically inept to win any championship with Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

For club or country? grin cheesy
I wouldn't argue with you if this was about BCC Lions of Gboko or 3SC of Ibadan.
Amodu is the king of local clubs - but when it comes to the National Team, let him stand back.

So what has Rijkaard won with national team? What has Hiddink won with national team?  grin Since you want to restrict Amodu to national team.

Another criteria you would soon create excuses for.

~Sauron~:

Jose Mourinho lost 0-3 to Middlesboro when he was at Chelsea.
The price of Shevchenko was more than the whole Boro team.

If we put it down to upsets - there's no good manager in the world cos everyone of them has suffered a bucket load of upsets.
However, these managers earn their stripes with what they have won in the past so the little upsets are easily forgotten.

So some are allowed upsets whilst others are not?  grin

~Sauron~:

Has anyone condemned Guardiola for losing to Inter Milan? They wouldn't - he won 6 trophies last season with the same club.
So when clubs like Rubin Kazan go to Nou Camp and beat Barcelona, it is quickly forgotten.

But when a manager keeps failing the National team in every opportunity he gets then his credibility will be questioned.
Amodu is NOT a National Team coach. He shouldn't punch above his weight. He's tactically inept to win any championship with Nigeria.

Amodu has never failed the national team. Not in 1995, Not in 2002 (when he was a saviour that dug us out ot a whole to get to WC and then the FA came to ruin things), Not in 2010 (where the players are not great, but you only accept that fact when you see your oyinbo fail).

Set your comprehensive criteria for a bad coach and Amodu will pass.

And by the way, the only reasonable criteria is results. Amodu has it in abundance, and the LGBK you worship does not.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sagamite:

So what has Rijkaard won with national team? What has Hiddink won with national team?  grin Since you want to restrict Amodu to national team.

Hididnk took Korea to the Semis of a World Cup.
It's a bigger achievement than Scolari winning it for Brazil. . . . .

Is Rijkaard vying for the post of Holland's National Team?

Another criteria you would soon create excuses for.
So some are allowed upsets whilst others are not?  grin

With Amodu, it's not an upset.
That is the best position he can take Nigeria.

Upset is when a student who cops 90% suddenly score 25%.
A student that keeps scoring 45% every time cannot qualify as an upset - Amodu is consistent with his failure.
If we allow him to take Nigeria to the next Nations Cup, he will finish THIRD again.

Amodu has never failed the national team. Not in 1995, Not in 2002 (when he was a saviour and then the FA came to ruin things), Not in 2010 (where the players are not great, but you only accept that fact when you see your oyinbo fail).

His players are not great in 2002 and 2010?
How many months preparation did Amodu cop before the Nations Cup?
A useless coach is a useless coach. I don't need to bag M.Sc in Rocket Science to know Amodu is tactically sterile.

Set your comprehensive criteria for a bad coach and Amodu will pass.
And by the way, the only reasonable criteria is results. Amodu has it in abundance, and the LGBK you worship does not.

The criteria is there for all to see. It ain't far-fetched.
Amodu took Super Eagles from the height of excellence to what African teams now laugh about.
He took SE from grace to grass.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by montelik(m): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2010

Show me where it was in his contract. An employee fulfills the employment terms in his contract, not the expectations "in the heads" of his employers. Show where there was any agreement or even mutual understanding that he was supposed to win the nations cup.

That is a FACT!!!

Maybe, maybe Argentina would have given us 8 goals with Amodu in charge. But you don't know how he would have done at the WC. So there is absolutely no FACT to what you allege. Any coach who is good enough to qualify a team under his tutelage for the WC, deserves the chance to go to there and show what he is capable of and be judged on his actual performance, not a bunch of silly conjectures made by people who have their opinions of what may or may not have happened and then they use those baseless conjectures as FACTS to then pronounce judgment.

No member of the NFF woulda told Amodu  that to finish 3rd is a TARGET. They wanted the cup(not finishing 3rd in an African competition).

Care to provide any evidence for that claim. Are you Sani Lulu in disguise   Show me where the NFF told Amodu that only the trophy would do. Maybe you are the NFF member you speak of  wink. Amodu failed in 2002? That is news to me. After all I remember him successfully qualifying us for the WC in Japan/Korea. That was his mandate. His mandate in ANC 02 was not to bring the trophy home, so once again that is another failure only by your own definition.

Westerhof destroyed the credibility of the super eagles by losing 5-1 to Algeria scandalously in the ANC. Lagerback destroyed the credibility of the super eagles by allowing an aging Greek team to use Nigeria to enter the WC history books with their first goals and win. The coach of Ghana also destroyed the credibility of the Black stars by letting Ivory Coast beat the 3-1 in the group phase of the ANC (yet somehow Ghana got to the final while IV lost at QFs). Do you now see how easy it is to cherry pick a few results and use them to draw wide, far-reaching and ridiculous conclusions or patterns. As for our poor pattern of play, that is a subjective opinion but I would say we were much worse under Chukwu and Vogts, but everyone opinions will differ. You say Amodu didn't not develop players. Was that his mandate? In 2001 when he took over the Eagles when Bonfere abandoned us, was his mandate to develop players. When he was hired in 2008 was his mandate to develop players or qualify the team for the ANC & WC after our failure of 06. It seems you have a different set of goals for Amodu than what was the reality. If your boss judges your performance the way you judge Amodu then you most be the perfect employee to still have a job.  smiley

There's no proof Amodu woulda done better than Lagerback if he had gone to the world cup. His coaching methods are either obsolete or completely archaic. No player developed under Amodu - it's still the same pile of w@nk year after year.

Finally I agree with you, there is no proof Amodu would have done better. But the reasons for there not being any proof is because people refused to allow it. Now you want to say you definitely know what would have happened even though you have nothing but conjecture as evidence. No player developed under Amodu? Is Amodu Siasia coaching under-aged. So national team coaches are supposed to develop players that are not with them excepts for a hand full of days in a year. With an F.A that refuses to arrange friendlies and do the proper thing tell me how he is supposed to develop players. How long was this man in charge that he was supposed to develop players while people were breathing down his neck for results (don't dare draw or lose or we sack you, you must win while playing like Barca and Arsenal combined or else).

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha Poses With His Wife And Children / Photos Of Beautiful Ladies Spotted At Russia 2018 World Cup Stadiums / Victor Anichebe And Maggie Malcheva, His Girlfriend Meet His Family In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.