Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,898 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence (29013 Views)

Olisa Metuh Attends The Matriculation Of His Adopted Child In Abuja Wit Crutches / Buhari’s Campaign Explains His Absence At Debate, Slams Atiku / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by CilicMarin: 7:47pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
smart024:
These guys are just trying to see that their cases drag till the next tenure knowing that Nigerians wish to vote this government out and the next one might not continue with their cases again...
[/s]

Which side of Nigeria want to vote him out?

I hope you are not an ipob yoot?

2 Likes

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by NairaMaster1(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2018
post=67879240:
What is the Judiciary turning to... Really?
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by tunary(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2018
Meaning that he has recovered from whatever illness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Daboomb: 7:54pm On May 25, 2018
Tonimagnificent:

Nigerian politicians are my favourite politicians in d world. jst imagine!!! they suddenly fall sick once they are called to answer for their crimes. I tot deziani's own was a joke. a hail 9ja sha.

Dezzianni Allisson Madueke just cured her own "Cancer" ...by washing-off the face paintings! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Daggash98: 7:58pm On May 25, 2018
Abang is acting on script
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Daggash98: 8:02pm On May 25, 2018
One thing is certain the likes of Abang with be disgraced someday like Salami. Dansuki's case as the key actor to every cases on NSA office has never been concluded to ascertain the level of involvement of Metuh. He should continue, he too will meet his own in a very hard way.
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by KratosCorp: 8:04pm On May 25, 2018
Three things:

1. You don't know God.
2. You know nothing about Mr. Injustice Abang.
3. You have not been paying attention to judicial proceedings in the last 3 years.

CilicMarin:
This Judge Is a God sent in the midst of criminals..

Nigeria Shall Be Great Again, And Ipob imbeciles will be put to shame.
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Royruky(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2018
Daggash98:
One thing is certain the likes of Abang with be disgraced someday like Salami. Dansuki's case as the key actor to every cases on NSA office has never been concluded to ascertain the level of involvement of Metuh. He should continue, he too will meet his own in a very hard way.

I have NEVER read or heard of trial in absentia in Nigeria. Justice Abang oversabi will be his down fall
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by freshvine(f): 8:33pm On May 25, 2018
hardywaltz:
God bless Justice Abang
It's only in Nigeria where u will see an accused refuse to defend himself in court but rather come up with frivolous excuses

Only in nigeria a certified thief of pension will be called from his hiding place to take higher responsibity with protection.

a confirmed crook that got sacked would be reinstated in the health sector.

only in nigeria a police officer that murdered innocent defenseless nigerians will be recalled from sack and promoted accordingly with backlog payment.

only in nigeria...
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 25, 2018
Let me put this disclaimer out there before some idiots misinterpret my views on justice for those that rob the country.. I am in total support of bringing to justice any Nigerian irrespective of ethnicity who in one form or another is complicit in looting the treasures of the country. Anyone that either stole, conned or defrauded the Nigerian state essentially stole, conned or defrauded the citizens and deserves to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

As for Mr. Metuh, he deserves to have his day in court and he should not employ any legal tactics and meanderings to try to subvert "Lady" justice. These shenanigans by defendants and their counsel is what is wrong with the court system in Nigeria. A case that is supposed to take no more than two weeks wind up taking so many years. I know Nigerians love the maxim, "Justice delayed is not justice denied." Yes, this might be true in some instances but not in others and what ends up happening is the diminution of confidence in the judicial system by the citizens.

Having said all that, what I am totally against is "selective" prosecution. As long as Nigeria has been in existence, many of its citizens in government or connected to the government in power have tried their level best to steal from it and undermine its progress. This looting and subsequent pauperization of the country cuts across ethnicity. Infact, the ethnic groups [Hausa and Yoruba]that have held sway in government for the past decades have contributed immensely to the looting of the nations treasury but none is being prosecuted. So, let's stop the name calling and being disingenuous. CRIMINALITY and LOOTING is in the NIGERIAN DNA!
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by dheilaw1(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2018
smart024:
These guys are just trying to see that their cases drag till the next tenure knowing that Nigerians wish to vote this government out and the next one might not continue with their cases again...
you may wish to run out of the country country when Buhari wins in 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Tonimagnificent: 8:56pm On May 25, 2018
Daboomb:

Dezzianni Allisson Madueke just cured her own "Cancer" ...by washing-off the face paintings! grin grin grin

I can't stop laffing oooo...... I love my country die but still want to travel out of d country, probably Canada.....

1 Like

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by uba1991: 9:06pm On May 25, 2018
the same idiots that say buhari av never jailed any corrupt politician are the same people delaying dis case. I wish we can give buhari only one year to rule militarilly. God bless BUHARI, God bless justice ABANG, God bless ME, God bless NIGERIA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:07pm On May 25, 2018
udemzy101:

I just pity that man when another government takes over. He go run he go tire am.
so you Rather business as usual

1 Like

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Smarkie: 9:08pm On May 25, 2018
Let the man defect to apc and his sins ll be forgiven
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:09pm On May 25, 2018
kenex4ever:
Metuh is a thief for collecting 400m from dasuki, he should go to jail.

Fashola is a saint, God sent, for building borehole with over N150m and website with N70m, he should be praised and he should keep doing his good work in d ministry of power. We now have steady light.
what did metuh build?

1 Like

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Maket: 9:11pm On May 25, 2018
Some people should understand the register "closes" before they will think the court had put a stop to the case.

Meanwhile, he must pay the price of looting our common wealth.

1 Like

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by Maket: 9:13pm On May 25, 2018
uba1991:
the same idiots that say buhari av never jailed any corrupt politician are the same people delaying dis case. I wish we can give buhari only one year to rule militarilly. God bless BUHARI, God bless justice ABANG, God bless ME, God bless NIGERIA
Your head is A1.
Collect FAVOUR

1 Like

Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by stieyven(m): 9:37pm On May 25, 2018
CilicMarin:
This Judge Is a God sent in the midst of criminals..

Nigeria Shall Be Great Again, And Ipob imbeciles will be put to shame.
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. Exodus 20 :7
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by okenwa1ofEbonyi(m): 9:51pm On May 25, 2018
greatiyk4u:
Hmmmn

No more business as usual

Buhari is a gift in disguise to Nigeria
Buhari is a curse.
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by progress69: 5:26am On May 26, 2018
Royruky:

I have NEVER read or heard of trial in absentia in Nigeria. Justice Abang oversabi will be his down fall

Did u just say this?
Chia...
Make. Dem serve u several times, no go the court.
Make u see wetin go happen.
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by yahmohy27: 7:13am On May 26, 2018
CilicMarin:

The funniest thing is that, the day the criminal acted " "scene of fainting" Abang had asked him to sit where he was and not bother coming to the dock, but like a movie star who wanted to display his skills, he refused and made his way to the centre floor and "fainted for the cameras and the ipob imbeciles.

Metuh must go to jail!
May Allah continue to bless our presido
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by CilicMarin: 11:04am On May 26, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Where did you forget your brain??

The judge is a "God sent" for closing a criminal case

And your idle brain didn't explain what 'closing of case" means in a criminal trial?
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by brodalokie: 11:41am On May 26, 2018
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by chernest2002: 12:36pm On May 26, 2018
Until buhari jails the grass cutter i will know he have integrity.
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by smart024(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
dheilaw1:
you may wish to run out of the country country when Buhari wins in 2019

If only I had time for people that can read but not understand...
Re: Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence by smart024(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
CilicMarin:
[s][/s]

Which side of Nigeria want to vote him out?

I hope you are not an ipob yoot?

You understand English so...?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Members Drag Adeleke To Court For Presenting Fake Certificate For Election / Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Attend Burial Of Hamzat’s Father (photos) / Oshiomhole, Obaseki And Timaya At APC Celebration Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.