Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal (130000 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / Crown Of Thorns - A Story Of Love, Hatred, Lust And Adventure / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Akinwale14(m): 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nice Story
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by mohmm: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
op pls let the update come in asap u are wasting time too much abeg
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by skubido(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
OP whc wan na, update wella jhor.

Tanks for this sha
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Enice(m): 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
It is now clear that isabel is Jide's daughter, Ben's wife is colluding with Jide to kill him and Abigail is in love with Ben.

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Oroolorun(m): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
Having a praying mother is equals to having legion of guarding angels behind you.
God save us from the enemy within. Most time we treated our true friends like enemies and treasures our enemies like family.

Good job Madera001, dove my cap for you.

2 Likes

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 12:55am On Jun 17, 2018
THE ENEMY WITHIN - EXPOSED

EPISODE 10 CONTINUES

I no longer have the courage neither the inner power to argue with my father in-law. He was getting at something, but I wasn’t sure what it is. A lot of thoughts crossed my mind but the willingness to cross the Ts and dot the Is for him was no longer there, I decided to leave the rest to him and let him take me to the conclusion of things. He asked me ‘Ben, which hospital do you know around that we can visit, one that you trust but you have not been to with Andral?’. The hospital that came to my mind was the one beside the hotel I have been staying for almost 6 weeks now; the hotel is not that far from my house.

I told my father in-law the hospital name and location of the hospital and he told me to hand over my car keys to Tunde while we ride in his own car with Tunde driving mine right behind us. We got to the hospital not sure what this visit about my chest pain has to do with the whole saga. Anyways I was finally able to speak with a doctor. I complained about the pain in my chest, series of tests were carried out; we had to wait for almost an hour. Eventually the test result came out, I was summoned in by the doctor but my father in-law requested to be present- he wanted to see things for himself. The doctor confirmed that what I was experiencing was in fact a heart attack!

I wasn’t sure how to react to the news, I am a young man in my mid thirties, I don’t drink, smoke and I exercise regularly, except for recent weeks mainly because I had to make do with staying in a hotel for the time being, so the news of me having a heart attack took me aback for a while.

I was about to start asking questions about what treatment to undergo but my father in-law was faster ‘Doctor, for a young man like Ben, what do you think could have caused this?’ the doctor went on and on about how stress, body neglect, bad diet habit and the likes can cause such but he kept emphasizing on the fact that I am still too young to be having a sickness like this. Then my father in-law posed a question ‘but erm…..doctor…..what if a significant quantity of a drug that contains Calcium Gluconate is been introduced into the body system gradually and consistently, can it induce this as well?’. The doctor was taken aback! He looked at me as if requesting a permission to answer the question, meanwhile I was looking at him with keen interest on what he was about to say. He adjusted himself a little bit in his chair, feigned a cough as if trying to clear his throat and then he replied ‘well calcium gluconate is a drug that is usually used to reduce excess potassium……’ ‘doctor cut all that medical jargons out, we are already aware of that, just answer the question’ my father in-law cuts in, I was also becoming a little agitated, I wanted to get to the root of this conversation as soon as possible so I encouraged the doctor ‘please go ahead and answer the question, whatever you say ends in this room’ he look at me as if trying to read the expression on my face, he nodded and continued ‘well if a lethal dose of the drug is introduced to the body by infusion, it could initiate lethal electrolytic imbalances that may disturb the normal levels of sodium, potassium and chloride in the body’s cells. These electrolyte imbalances interfere with and slow the heart to dangerously low levels, eventually creating a heart attack and consequently death within minutes especially when combined with potassium phosphate, and if there is no prior knowledge that the drug was introduced into that body, it can be very hard to detect even by the very best Medical Practitioner………but if it is introduced through food, it needs to be introduced consistently over a period of time, this way, the perpetrator cannot be suspected because signs of a heart attack will have been manifesting gradually before the final demise of the person, that is why those two drugs are proscribed in some countries of the world’.

7 Likes

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by horwa140: 1:04am On Jun 17, 2018
Too short bro...too short Nice one tho
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by seun9303: 1:35am On Jun 17, 2018
the suspense is just too much boss... please do something about the short updates. thanks.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by hephzibah29(m): 2:48am On Jun 17, 2018
Lobatan!!!
This guy is dead!
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by skubido(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2018
Hmmm.
Tanks a lot for the short update
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by zeko172(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2018
Madera the story line is awesome but ppl might lost interest if the updates are slow or very short. My opinion though
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by theGigolo: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2018
zeko172:
Madera the story line is awesome but ppl might lost interest if the updates are slow or very short. My opinion though

Bros I taya oh,

One chikele update per day, Op bia na how e dey do you self?

Lemme jus tell you ehn this table ya shaking ehn e go injure pesin and it wee not be me.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Ann2012(f): 9:02am On Jun 17, 2018
Na wa ooooo, God will see u tru Ben
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by stevodot22(m): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2018
Though the update is not lengthy, but I appreciate the fact that it's educative.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2018
Too short. Continue bro
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Niwdog(m): 9:40am On Jun 17, 2018
I'm beginning to suspect your wife
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by iamKeo(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2018
I'm suspecting your wife and Jide.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by aprilwise(m): 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
You dont know who to trust. why Abigail hate Ben?
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by spixytinxy(f): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Thanks for d update
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by koligns: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
See drama, your wife need some serious questioning
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2018

EPISODE 10 CONTINUES

My father in-laws looks at me like ‘I pity you’, he thanked the doctor for his incite and probed further ‘the doc, can you now with this pre knowledge determine if there is a trace of the drug in Ben’s body?’ the doctor affirmed that it can be done but will cost a lot, my father in-law gave him the assurance that money wasn’t the problem and gave the go ahead for the doctor to carry on with the test.

Believe me, I wasn’t sure I wanted to pull through with this test, I mean- imagine you sitting in a hospital and the question they are about to ask is ‘life or death?’- that’s how I was feeling. I was more nervous about this test than I would if it were a HIV AIDS test.

Somehow I managed to stay calm, go through with the test and the result confirmed my worst fear, I -as a matter of fact- have some quantity of Calcium Gluconate in my system……………..

7 Likes

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
THE ENEMY WITHIN – EXPOSED
EPISODE 11

The fear that gripped me when I was told about how Jide wanted to frame me for a fraud that would have earned me years behind bar is nothing compared to what I felt when the Doctor announced the test result ‘Mr. Benjamin, I’m afraid to tell you that an almost lethal quantity of Calcium Glucate is residual in your blood stream!’

To me, the day has been long enough and has had its fair share of shocks and bad news, to add this one to it is more like adding salt to injury. The first thought that came to mind is how can someone hate me so much to want to get rid of me this way? The questions of what could I have done to merit this injustice and have I been this terrible a person to someone to the point that I now deserve to die?

I looked at my father in-law, and as if he knew I was about to ask him a load of questions, he quickly dispatched us from the doctor’s office. After obtaining our bill, he handed it over to Tunde (who has been at the hospital lobby all this while) to take care of it while we stepped out of the hospital, as we were making our way to his car, he said ‘ I know by now you have a lot of que……’ ‘yes of course I do!’ I cut him short, ‘I mean, how did you know about all this? If it were not a hospital I choose by myself I would have concluded that you are the one planning all this all by yourself’ ‘well it’s a good thing I asked you to pick the hospital yourself…’ he grinned for a second and then frowned again, ‘but how did you know about all this……and, and who is trying to kill me’ I queried ‘oh Ben! Your innocence impresses me but sometimes it may cause your downfall’.

By now we were already driving out of the hospital ‘Ben, I believe you know in your mind who might be trying to kill you, you are just finding it hard to believe that your beloved wife could do something as terrible as that to you. After all, you are the model husband every woman should be praying to have’. The mention of my wife made me shiver! I started questioning everything I ever believed in. Like my father in-law said, I knew the only person all this could point to is my wife Andral, but like I said earlier, I wasn’t ready anymore to jump into conclusion, especially in matters as delicate as this.

‘How did you know all this?’ my curiosity could no longer be hidden, ‘and why would Andral want to kill me? I love her, I adore her and the thought of cheating on her has never crossed my mind, so why on earth will Andral want to kill me? I wasn’t sure I wanted to know the answer to that question though, my heart skipped as my father in-law’s mouth was about to start explaining the theory behind the plot of my death to me.

‘Ben do you remember the time Isabella your so called daughter was ill?’ the fact that he used the word ‘so called daughter’ in this topic means I was in for a shocker that I may never recover from, I knew it was going to come hard on me. It was now I started grabbing the meaning of everything he said to me in his office that Monday morning when he called me back from the Airport. His words ‘What I can't promise you though is if things will ever be exactly the same again for you or any of us[b][/b]……’ started ringing in my head, so instead of talking, I simply nodded. My heart was giving me signs that it might fail me but I was interested in what he had to say anyway. I tried to make myself comfortable in the back seat that we were both seated as my father in-law’s driver drove us away.

‘Did it ever occur to you how abnormal it was for your blood and that of your wife not to match with your daughter’s own?’ I did not give him any reply to his question, I just maintained my gaze on him as he continue, ‘well Abigail suspected something when the news that your blood is no match for your daughter, so she started digging, what she found out was that the anonymous blood donor was indeed, Nnamdi, the boy that your wife once eloped with to France’ the way my face lit up would suggest to you that I had seen a ghost, but no, I haven’t seen a ghost, what got my attention was the fact that my wife once eloped to France -the same place we did our honey moon, the same place we conceived both Isabella and Caleb!

I must have been the most foolish husband in the history of family life...............................

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by SunFlow(m): 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Good Job mandera.

Lemme me spear head a campaign for you on NL come July.

Guys, If you love what he is doing here, vote for him in July

4 Likes

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Ann2012(f): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ben is in a deep mess
Well done Madera

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by skubido(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Akinwale14(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2018
Fear Women

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by mimmzfz11(m): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
this is getting serious

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by hidhrhis(m): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
SunFlow:
Good Job mandera.

Lemme me spear head a campaign for you on NL come July.

Guys,
If you love what he is doing here, vote for him in July
he need to be consistent in his update
go and check the likes of solouho, centino, or silver 1996 the way they drop update u will know what I'm saying
he has a great story but waiting very long for update makes it boring

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Smooth278(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
hidhrhis:

he need to be consistent in his update
go and check the likes of solouho, centino, or silver 1996 the way they drop update u will know what I'm saying
he has a great story but waiting very long for update makes it boring

I concur but he seems to be improving so maybe we can give him the benefit of the doubt no?

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Omotoyosi98(m): 6:15am On Jun 18, 2018
Omo,I beg this tory don pass fiction nah wetin dey happen to young families that re rich small....But which husband would believe that his wife could do that kind thing,the more I absorb this story,the more I fear marriage
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by ikechi1000(m): 7:18am On Jun 18, 2018
Madera001:
EPISODE 8

Sometimes all it takes for an able bodied man like me to faint is just a bad news delivered with a few spoken words. I realized this when I had to calm my nerves and bring my breath back to normal. I was on the brink of unconsciousness. My limbs had gone numb and my heart was pounding fast and heavy, everywhere had gone dark and bright all within seconds. It took the help of a chair before I could bring myself back to the reality on ground – Jide and Mr. Patrick has just been indicted in a fraud not me!

While I was battling with my thought, the officers had already put handcuffs on the two suspects. Jide was proving to be a real nuisance, screaming at the top of his voice ‘no! What is this, what is this? I didn’t do anything! Oh oh, I swear to god, you will hear from my lawyers, this is just the beginning!’ I couldn’t bear to look him in the face. I was busy thanking God for my own safety. But Jide wasn’t done ranting ‘Ben! I know this is your hand work. You will pay for this; you will surely pay for this!’

The officers bundled the suspects out of the office with Abigail and my father in-law on their heels. Just as my father in-law was about leaving, he turned back and looked at me ‘Ben you are in charge for now, I won’t be back for a couple of days’. Then he left.
The other staffs were looking at me for answers that I don’t have. Their attention was on me. I looked up to them and said ‘alright everyone let’s get back to work, the meeting is over’. As they were making their way out, so was my father in-law’s secretary making her way in with a curious look on her face which suggested to me that whatever this is, it has been kept a top secret all the while the ‘investigation’ was going on, otherwise, his secretary would have known. I gave her a stern look and she went back just the way she came.

I sat in my father in-law’s office for what must have at least 30minutes, reminiscing on the events of the past one month. There must be something I’m missing. If I’m not missing anything, how do I explain all this? I was accused of impregnating my sister in-law yet here I am at their family firm as the man in charge. My wife wouldn’t let me come home, she can’t even stand my sight yet again here I am, being favored by her own father, even trusted enough to handle his biggest firm. ‘What am I missing?’ I thought to myself. Abigail lied and I guess my father in-law is in on the lie as well, so why won’t they just tell my wife so that all will be well in my marriage once again. I am dying to be in the arms of my wife again, to take Isabel for a swing at the back yard of our house, and to hold Caleb our son in my arms and look at his pretty innocent eyes; damn! I am dying to be home again!
*******************************************************************************************************

It’s been a week now, yet no sign of Jide and Mr. Patrick in the office and neither did my father in-law show up too. Except for occasional calls from him inquiring about issues both past and present and asking about the general welfare of the firm, nothing else was being heard from my father in-law.

Reports reaching us from ‘Bush Radio FM’ suggests that the fraud was related to unremitted collection (transaction carried out and duly paid for but not remitted into the company’s account) spanning across a period of 13 months. That was all I heard and this was from the secretary’s conversation with one of the cleaners. So the authenticity of the story is not that strong.
I resumed work late on a Wednesday afternoon because I had to attend a seminar organized for NUPENG members. My secretary had called me earlier about a letter from a lawyer’s chamber which I asked her to sign and collect on my behalf.

I was just settling in my chair when I noticed a brown envelope on my table addressed to me. I picked it up and opened it. It was a divorce paper accompanied with a restraining order from my wife’s lawyer! She wants a divorce and she doesn’t want me anywhere near her or the kids!!

‘No!!!’ I screamed, clutching my chest which by now seems to be hurting pretty bad. Then I started soliloquizing (more or less like crying) ‘this cannot be. This is a nightmare and it has to stop now!’ This entire prank on me and my family has to stop now. Someone must say the truth’. There and then I decided it was time to pay my father in-law a visit. He has to tell me what he knows………………………………………………….

Do you write sci-fi stories?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / A Night That Destroyed Me.....sex Story / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.