Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,701 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment (12612 Views)

I Used Our 13% To Settle Akwa Ibom State Loans: Governor Udom Emmanuel / Secrets To My Longevity - E-President Obasanjo / Gov Ayade Inaugurates Taskforce To Review State Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by edunwablog: 11:20am On May 27, 2018
Governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola on Saturday confirmed the longevity of payment of several loans incurred by his administration, which according to him will take many decades.

He declared that his conviction about the indispensable nature of education in human development made him to take long time loans to build schools.

” I have taken long time loans to build schools, which will be paid by these children. They will pay it with ease”.

Aregbesola made this known at a calisthenics display by students and pupils from various schools across the state, to mark this year Children’s Day in Osogbo, the Osun State capital.
He emphasised the need for every child to have access to basic education for the purpose of mental development and strengthening of human personalities, saying it is their “fundamental and inalienable rights.”
The Governor maintained that children were custodians of the future and prosperity, hence the necessity of protecting them jealously.

He described calisthenics as a sport with imprint of cognitive instrument to develop mental and physical ability.
“We are giving quality education to our children as a right, where science and technology take number one”.
Akelicious recalls that the Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had recently accused Governor Rauf Aregbesola of “mortgaging the future of the state through huge loans” due for repayment till 2042.
The Chairman of the party, Mr Soji Adagunodo, in a statement challenged Aregbesola to explain to the people of the state how he spent a total of N172billion loan due for repayment between the year 2034 and 2042.
He gave the details of the loans to include: N88 billion Naira commercial loans restructured by the CBN and due for repayment in 2034; bailout funds totalling N35Billion to be repaid in 2035 and N49billion from Islamic bank due for repayment in 2042.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/aregbesola-confirms-longevity-of-states.html

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by intruxive(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2018
Ogbeni carry go, there is physical evidence of what you did with the money. Time will tell if it was worth it

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by utytill(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2018
Aregbe putting igbese on these children and thier generations.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by obembet(f): 11:47am On May 27, 2018
I voted for this man, so I can't blame him...blame me instead for my ignorance.

Thank You

13 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by DesireKizzy: 11:47am On May 27, 2018
Governor of the year

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by worlexy(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2018
Aregbese.
Isn't that selfishness, you know you have only 8years to spend but incur a debt that my take almost 40years to be paid.

Is he trying to render useless other governors coming after him, having helped them spend Osun future money?
Now if the coming ones don't have get capital to do any projects in the state because the debts incurred by Aregbe, people will say their performance is poor.

No government should borrow any amount they cant finish paying during their dispensation!

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Tolexander: 11:49am On May 27, 2018
This he-goat really mortgage our future in Osun State.
Yet, some ignorant people will still come to defend it.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Ijaya123: 11:49am On May 27, 2018
Ogbeni, I reserve my comment for now till the books are opened for scrutiny.

About last night UCL final, and to those who are still pained and saying terrible things about Ramos, it was a fair challenge and both players went down on the impact. Such challenge occur numerous times in football matches. They should quit whining like sore losers. If carefully checked, most people complaining ain't even Liverpool fans.

Real Madrid saw their chances and took it. Liverpool lost because Real Madrid was the better team. Pure and simple.

It was a game of 11 players against 11 players. A single player being replaced is not enough justification. Had Salah remained on the pitch, would he have prevented the errors of Karius?

Look back at Euro2016 final. Ronaldo was substituted in the first half due to injury similar to Salah's yesterday. Portugal still went ahead to win the trophy without Ronaldo. That's the make up of a team that knows how to deliver.

At that stage of the competition, Real Madrid was the favourite. And they delivered when it mattered most while Liverpool simply imploded.

To all those Barca and Messi fans who suddenly turned Liverpool fans and are still in pain, sorry I can't help you. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Nobody: 11:50am On May 27, 2018
Bastard gomino

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by luvkidtemmy(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2018
END TIME GOVERNOR

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by teamsynergy: 11:50am On May 27, 2018
even though he had a good idea about upgrading the education sector in osun, he failed to consider the financial strength of the state.
there are ways he could have upgraded the education sector without incurring so much debt. for instance, the opon Imo waste a total was of money. the money could have been used to renovate libraries and stock it with books. so many school in osun are still in dire need of renovation, yet the state in serious debt already.

aregbe really goofed in failing to consider the strength of the state.
he taught it's alimosho wia u can inflate project and the state won't feel a thing.
the incoming govt will seriously be handicapped by aregbes financial recklessness

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by osazeeblue01: 11:50am On May 27, 2018
This man again
Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by kolafolabi(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2018
Suffering and smiling

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Bolustical: 11:51am On May 27, 2018
It is not the debt that matters, it's what you did with them. At least, your projects are development oriented. There's no society that can be truly developed without massive investment in education.

BTW, ask those above me castigating the governor what their governors did with their borrowed monies. Delta and Cross River especially.

Borrowing money isn't a crime so far it was judiciously spent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by zuraking(m): 11:52am On May 27, 2018
Aregbe and debt

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Ballack1(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2018
my dear State is in the hand of political maladministrator

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by engineerboat(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2018
Aregbese

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Thickcok01: 11:55am On May 27, 2018
Aregbe my co-ritualist

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by room089: 11:56am On May 27, 2018
Baba you are wicked and selfish!

The duration for such loans is so long!

Will successive governments burden themselves only with the loan you borrowed even long after you've gone?

If you were to be these banks, would you borrow to any other government of Osun state when what the state borrowed is still unpaid?

In case you don't know, former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi paid all his debts and contractors before he left office. Why couldn't you tow that path?

12 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Zico5(m): 12:01pm On May 27, 2018
Some imbeciles will still praise him and when the next governor comes on board and couldn't do any project the same APC will come on board to castigate even when they know the fault is theirs and Aregbese. Aregbesola should know Yoruba proverb that " Eni ti o gbin ebu Ika, Omo re a je nibe dandan". May God judge u accordingly if u ve done well for osun people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Ijaya123: 12:03pm On May 27, 2018
zuraking:
Aregbe and debt

Which state is not in debt?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by tico1212(m): 12:07pm On May 27, 2018
Well done sir, commissioner for works
Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Omoniolami: 12:08pm On May 27, 2018
This dude is mad, he built schools the kids can't stay in as a result of taxation.
Radarada

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Robbin7(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2018
Na wa o, dis one na debt in advance o. If na me b dose aspirants no to step down make only him begin rule until he pay finish.
Yeye Dey smell!!!

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Microfels: 12:10pm On May 27, 2018
Bolustical:
It is not the debt that matters, it's what toy did with them. At least, your projects are development oriented. There's no society that can be truly developed without massive investment in education.

BTW, ask those above me castigating the governor what their governors did with their borrowed monies. Delta and Cross River especially.

Borrowing money isn't a crime so far it was judiciously spent.

Yet, the quality of the said education is worsening as you can see from the results of the external examinations in the state. That is what you get when you think investing in school buildings at the expense of teachers' welfare, books and laboratory equipment is the same as investing in education.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Rigel95(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2018
Aregbese has mortgaged the future of Osun.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by ygenius: 12:11pm On May 27, 2018
Se Aregbesola mo age mi ni ? Kilo mean?
Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Powerexpert: 12:15pm On May 27, 2018
The citizens are in for it. Over-bloated projects sum all at the detriment of the citizens. Looking forward to a plain audit of Osun's account

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Firefire(m): 12:16pm On May 27, 2018
Fraudulent being

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by engineerboat(m): 12:18pm On May 27, 2018
onigbese aregbese baba-gbese

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Confirms Longevity Of State’s Loans Payment by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 27, 2018
intruxive:
Ogbeni carry go, there is physical evidence of what you did with the money. Time will tell if it was worth it

yeah.. you know the only job a governor has is just building roads, as long as governor build some kilometers of road, he is allowed to fail in all other aspecta-Nigeria logic.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electoral Bill: PDP Plans To Use Russians To Hack INEC Server, Says APC / FG Considers Fresh Taxes On Petroleum Products, Beverages / Alhaji Dahiru Mangal: The Profile Of Yar'adua’s Buddy And Nigeria's Richest Cros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.