Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? (38678 Views)

How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife? / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by DavidEsq(m): 7:36am On May 30, 2018
BedLam:
Yes and still older wink
I tire for the kweshon o! Is she supposed to grow younger after the marriage. Buhari see ur sch mate wey una fail waec togeda o!

11 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by kinzation(m): 8:00am On May 30, 2018
spartacus11:

Can i get a house for 80k in Abuja.
depends in the area bro..
though I stay with an uncle of mine in kubwa Abuja here..but I think its 100k above
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by germainediva(f): 8:26am On May 30, 2018
I don't envy any married woman in this part of the world...most are not happy....marriage these days is a scam...women are really strong they endure alot.

6 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Ayoadedoyin(f): 9:07am On May 30, 2018
I am not married yet, but I think wen u marry ur friend, ur marriage is likely going to have less conflict, even after u finish raising ur children, all u do together is talk, so pls marry someone u wont get tired to talking to

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by PAQ(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2018
My bank account balance was the first to change....
....then my six packs changed to one pack...

CHANGE!!

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 30, 2018
I shot her in the bottom! angry
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by MarieSucre(f): 9:15am On May 30, 2018
akeentech:
You mean, u ar a kid?
I mean you.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by jozz(m): 9:30am On May 30, 2018
Didi2d:
For me, I knew most of her bad attitude. But I thought she will adjust and change for good when we eventually start staying together, but I was totally wrong. Now am in the regretting zone.

Unpardonable error, how could u have ignored that?

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by pedrilo: 10:18am On May 30, 2018
I have learnt a lot from your comments.
I need to make more money and look for a friend.

7 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Diamond23(f): 10:20am On May 30, 2018
Ff.........

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by mainman7(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2018
germainediva:
I don't envy any married woman in this part of the world...most are not happy....marriage these days is a scam...women are really strong they endure alot.
You are a bloody liar, ur words betray you. You crave to be married but ur bad character chases good men away. Marriage is sweet when GOD is the foundation. My friend's a witness.

14 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by midehi2(f): 11:36am On May 30, 2018
BedLam:
Yes and still older wink
You are a good person and husband

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by smeag0l(m): 12:03pm On May 30, 2018
I want to get married but tired of meeting girls that are bi's. I want to marry a girl that'll complement me in serving God better. Maybe na ishilove or Raine80 or Kimbraa I go marry last last smiley
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 12:09pm On May 30, 2018
kinzation:
depends in the area bro..
though I stay with an uncle of mine in kubwa Abuja here..but I think its 100k above

Actually that's were i need ur help, one who can help me find a house, if 100k will be the total package dat will be fine, since I'm not on ground, and i don't know my way on ground

If you're willing to help i will be grateful
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by BedLam: 12:31pm On May 30, 2018
midehi2:

You are a good person and husband
My wife thinks so too. kiss

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Alennsar(f): 12:33pm On May 30, 2018
[quote author=spartacus11 post=68003755]

Help a brother i need an affordable accommodation in Abuja budget 80k[/quote

OK av checked your profile and I think you should check Durumi 3 out but a room is 60 to 70 thousands oo depends on your luck and is close to town also.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by spartacus11(m): 12:39pm On May 30, 2018
Alennsar:

OK av checked your profile and I think you should check Durumi 3 out but a room is 60 to 70 thousands oo depends on your luck and is close to town also.
I'm in benin now, and d last time i came to abuja i stayed in an hotelat Utako

That's why i need someone on ground to help me, i know is not else, between now to june ending budget and total package not more dan 80k to 100k
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by PHIPEX(m): 12:43pm On May 30, 2018
smart6:

Yea, the case that cause palava in homes is where man and wife work but finance is oga's lot. That's the case type i wish to know how couple manage it.
We agreed all our accounts will be made open, I earn 90% of the income but I realized that forcing her money out will not end well, So I resorted to "borrowing" it when in need. So far it has worked even though she knows I may not pay back in full. I gave her the sentimental bliss of controlling her money.

7 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by eyeqpee(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2018
Elder001:

It'll only happen if you allow such to happen..

There are two types of males in this world:

Alpha males and
Beta Males.

Alpha males are the ones that won't share bills with their wives and at the same time won't share house chores with their wives... they're pre dominantly found in Africa and some parts of Asia.

Beta males are the ones that share bills with their wives and at the same time share house chores with their wives... they're pre dominantly found in western countries and some parts of Asia.

Alpha males are already going to extinction in civilized countries.. a lot of them have embraced the "Beta male" concept.

The type of man you choose to be is what'll answer your question..

Goodnight.

Elder001 please would like to rub minds with you. Already sent you a nairaland email. Please here's my email, bigxteyekay@gmail.com. Please do reply me sir I need your advises. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by kinzation(m): 1:45pm On May 30, 2018
spartacus11:

Actually that's were i need ur help, one who can help me find a house, if 100k will be the total package dat will be fine, since I'm not on ground, and i don't know my way on ground

If you're willing to help i will be grateful

no qualms bruv..I'll try my best
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:27pm On May 30, 2018
bettercreature:
Still searching........! Amarachi won’t talk to me again
cheesy grin what did you do to her naw?
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Tbaby4real(f): 3:55pm On May 30, 2018
Ayoadedoyin:
I am not married yet, but I think wen u marry ur friend, ur marriage is likely going to have less conflict, even after u finish raising ur children, all u do together is talk, so pls marry someone u wont get tired to talking to

Its funny cos you said you are not married and you are dishing out marriage advice. Would you not rather allow people that have experience to talk while you learn from them? By the way, we dont just talk in marriage. There are so many things we have to deal with and we grow and learn in the institution.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by djon78(m): 3:56pm On May 30, 2018
tabithababy:
I don't understand why a woman will forgo all what she has worked for in her youth days just to please a man that can throw you out of his life at any time cheesy

Very unfortunate situation embarassed .. After all the money her parent must have spent to make sure she is a literate shocked

Haaaa... Aye le .. Ibosi o

That's why she married. Although it will take a selfless and very understanding man, a God-fearing man to ensure he is very good to his wife. Although quite a lot of men are very selfish. But in all prayers before marriage is the key so that you don't end up with a bad husband.

But the question is do you pray and seek God? Have you prepared yourself for marriage not for wedding Because many prepare for wedding which is just a day, but are not prepared for marriage itself!! Thereby making serious mistake and blunder.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by djon78(m): 4:01pm On May 30, 2018
salt1:
Nothing really changes after marriage, except maybe personal appearance. You both get older and fatter /slimmer depending on financial and health choices.

Many of the issues that will impact a marriage will already be noticed during courtship, but because we are in love, we push them under the table and believe that the spouse will change, but people hardly change except they really want to.

The point is that, at any stage in the marriage, we can CHOOSE to be more or less affectionate, more or less open financially etc. It's not marriage itself that brings the changes but our personal choices.

I know because I've been married for quite a long while

That's very powerful, the choices we make!!!

So we should rather make the right choice!!

Also I have discovered that we can truly make our lives masterpiece, a good example of emulation if we make up our mind and make the right choices.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by 1stNumeroUno: 4:27pm On May 30, 2018
[quote author=poshestmina post=67998815]No more 'follow follow'.
No more surprise gifts angry
No more keeping me in charge of his money ,ATM cards etc
[/quote

Reality dawning...
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by bettercreature(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2018
Boleyndynasty2:
cheesy grin what did you do to her naw?
Well she called me the only dangerious man in her life so i had to find my way to give peace a chance
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by 1stNumeroUno: 4:32pm On May 30, 2018
OrangeDream:
For the first time in my life, i felt violated by my own bathroom when her friend (the longest period in the world) paid her a visit.

She carries bushy hair around in the house like my grandmum and spit around too.

I don't even think my roof will survive our 5th anniversary cos that woman will snore it down very soon.

Worst, how can i forget how she took meat from our pot, suck the soup and threw the meat back inside the pot?.

I don't know whether to call this PREDICAMENT, PROBLEM OR PALAVA?

Do you mean a woman does the above? Ughhhhh!
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:23pm On May 30, 2018
bettercreature:
Well she called me the only dangerious man in her life so i had to find my way to give peace a chance
Egbon this reply sounds like you the one who stopped speaking to her unlike your first post insinuating she's ignoring you
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Ziggylady(f): 5:29pm On May 30, 2018
OrangeDream:
For the first time in my life, i felt violated by my own bathroom when her friend (the longest period in the world) paid her a visit.

She carries bushy hair around in the house like my grandmum and spit around too.

I don't even think my roof will survive our 5th anniversary cos that woman will snore it down very soon.

Worst, how can i forget how she took meat from our pot, suck the soup and threw the meat back inside the pot?.

I don't know whether to call this PREDICAMENT, PROBLEM OR PALAVA?

You are not married.
Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by paparazzi1987(m): 6:27pm On May 30, 2018
Elder001:

and to those fools who've the habit of taking their Nigerian wives to USA and UK.. keep on taking them there.. by the time they're through with you.. your eyes are gonna open..

Never trust Nigerian ladies. ..take them to the UK and USA and you'll be given the blackmail of your life.

Bross stop hating. Its a choice, Loves conquers all bro.

Why would a responsible spouses stay away from each other for the rest of their lives.

It is just 1 world bro we should learn to enjoy it and live happily.

She struggled with me since my undergraduate days even when i no even fine at all with my big head and thiny neck..

Even if na paradise i go bring her come join me
grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 30, 2018
ireneidiva:

How women give up their careers for marriage is beyond me.
Their excuses are usually :
Resign to take care of kids and manage the home front. .like really? did the men get married to them so they can cook food, do house chores and take care of kids?

What are the uses of a nanny and house help?

My perceptive about marriage changed after my first visit to USA in 2013.
In USA you'll see men cooking, cleaning the home and doing laundry even when the women are watching TV or doing nothing.

When I got married two years later I decided to run my marriage in the western style.

2 Likes

Re: Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 31, 2018
paparazzi1987:

Bross stop hating. Its a choice, Loves conquers all bro.

Why would a responsible spouses stay away from each other for the rest of their lives.

It is just 1 world bro we should learn to enjoy it and live happily.

She struggled with me since my undergraduate days even when i no even fine at all with my big head and thiny neck..

Even if na paradise i go bring her come join me
grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/4525151/uwa-brown-dirty-liar-blackmailer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. / Couple Celebrate Over 50 Years Of Marriage / Calabar Lady Loses 2 Kids In Fire Outbreak After Sneaking Out To Meet Boyfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.