Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,417 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? (3526 Views)

NLC Protests: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Such A Mess - BBC News / Ongoing Primaries A Mess, Says Jonathan / Aso Rock Insists Ambode Is Lagos APC Candidate Against Tinubu's Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by T9ksy(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2018
OkutaNla:

Bro, you sabi those children of hate wella. grin But really who cares what they think about Lagos? ? No be today dem begin hate Lagos while the state continues to grow in leaps and bounds, yet in spite of their hatred they refuse to move back to their eldorado enclave. Na bitterness go kee dem.Nna eh, we Yorubas will continue to develop our 'mess', they too should go and build a state that of similar stature in their region where others can flock to the way they are doing to Lagos. Awon omo irankiran.

Abi o jare!

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 1:50pm On May 31, 2018
OkutaNla:

Bro, you sabi those children of hate wella. grin But really who cares what they think about Lagos?? No be today dem begin hate Lagos while the state continues to grow in leaps and bounds, yet in spite of their hatred they refuse to move back to their eldorado enclave. Na bitterness go kee dem. Nna eh, we Yorubas will continue to develop our 'mess', they too should go and build a state that is of similar stature in their region where others can flock to the way they are doing to Lagos. Awon omo irankiran.

Why are there so many people in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by ba7man(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
I'm visiting Nigeria from the U.S, and Lagos is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. Why are the people in this city so disorganized? Does this have something to do with the Yoruba culture?

You have chickens playing around in sewage, kids playing in mountains of garbage. Donkeys walking on the sidewalk, people walking in the road. Goats shitting in the street. No maintenance of buildings, no drainage, shitty food, shitty internet, shitty everything. Aren't you people ashamed to have foreigners come to a place like Lagos?
You came all the way from the US to come stay in a Lagos Ghetto??

Better find where your mates are.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by T9ksy(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
Oh shut up. This is an honest thread, I'm not trying to bash Yoruba people. Everyone knows Igbo people have problems too (international crime, scams, etc.) and Hausa people have problems (fanaticism, boko Haram) and fulani people have problems (mass murder, herdsmen)...

I just want to know the origin of this excessive disorganization in Lagos because it looks like a cultural issue

And wtf do you want me to shut up? Probably 'cause i called you out for ehat you truly are- an hare-filled, mo.ro.nic, myopic ingate .

You were quick to attribute the disorganization of lagos to cultural factor and then proceed to heap the blame on the locals even tho' we all are aware that the city is a melting pot of all tribes in the country.

However, you are the same fellow that will, when it suits your purpose, claim the city belongs to your kith and kins by virtue of their population and myriad imaginary investments in the city.

I thiught you guys claim the city will be nothing without your (unsolicited) but huge contributions?

Bloody yeye folks...............

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by T9ksy(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:

Why are there so many people in Lagos?

You should direct that question to your kith & kins who have saturated the city in search of a better standard of living that's unobtainable in their barren villages.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 3:13pm On May 31, 2018
T9ksy:

And wtf do you want me to shut up? Probably 'cause i called you out for ehat you truly are- an hare-filled, mo.ro.nic, myopic ingate .

You were quick to attribute the disorganization of lagos to cultural factor and then proceed to heap the blame on the locals even tho' we all are aware that the city is a melting pot of all tribes in the country.

However, you are the same fellow that will, when it suits your purpose, claim the city belongs to your kith and kins by virtue of their population and myriad imaginary investments in the city.

I thiught you guys claim the city will be nothing without your (unsolicited) but huge contributions?

Bloody yeye folks...............
Tribalism is preventing you from solving your cultural problems. Forget about other tribes for a second and worry about the whites, Asians, Arabs, etc because they are your real enemies. All black people are brothers, and Lagos makes us all look like degenerates.

You need to open your eyes. Do I need to make a video for you? Because I have lots of footage to prove how terrible Lagos is. We need to develop a plan to fix Lagos or demolish it and turn it into a planned city. And you people need to stop advertising that place for christ sake.... do you want people to come and laugh at you? The whites are walking around thinking "look at these degenerate black monkeys" when they see the way you people live in 'Africa's biggest city'.

I don't know if the problem is Yoruba people but that is what I suspect. Next, I will visit some of the other cities and compare.. so far Abuja is a million times better than Lagos.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 3:18pm On May 31, 2018
Hell, even people from the Congo will feel superior to Nigerians when they see the way people live in Lagos. It's just embarassing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by 4kDdullard: 5:19pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
Tribalism is preventing you from solving your cultural problems. Forget about other tribes for a second and worry about the whites, Asians, Arabs, etc because they are your real enemies. All black people are brothers, and Lagos makes us all look like degenerates.

You need to open your eyes. Do I need to make a video for you? Because I have lots of footage to prove how terrible Lagos is. We need to develop a plan to fix Lagos or demolish it and turn it into a planned city. And you people need to stop advertising that place for christ sake.... do you want people to come and laugh at you? The whites are walking around thinking "look at these degenerate black monkeys" when they see the way you people live in 'Africa's biggest city'.

I don't know if the problem is Yoruba people but that is what I suspect. Next, I will visit some of the other cities and compare.. so far Abuja is a million times better than Lagos.
Bro, I would advise you to save your energy cus you will only attract enemies here. Most of them are so comfortable with the status of the mega slum called Lagos to the extent that the worship it. Unfortunately, no one cares who owns Lagos outside the country, all they know is that it is the commercial hub of Nigeria.
One wonders if our politicians become blind outside the country that they cannot replicate what they see abroad, moreover everyone seems to be okay with the status quo. The ones who express concern are tagged all form of name.
It is such a shame!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by 9jakool: 8:00pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
I'm visiting Nigeria from the U.S, and Lagos is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. Why are the people in this city so disorganized? Does this have something to do with the Yoruba culture?

You have chickens playing around in sewage, kids playing in mountains of garbage. Donkeys walking on the sidewalk, people walking in the road. Goats shitting in the street. No maintenance of buildings, no drainage, shitty food, shitty internet, shitty everything. Aren't you people ashamed to have foreigners come to a place like Lagos?

Welcome to Nigeria!
Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 9:12pm On May 31, 2018
DabuIIIT:
Op,its in their blood,very dirty ppl.
If lagos,their only london,is a pack of mess like this,you can only imagine how it is in ogbomosho,oshogbo,ibadan,....coneheads are used to garbage.
grin
Yet, your father won't go back to your aba London. Well, nothing you say about the Yoruba that will change the fact world health organization said about your tribe. Wait o, is Lagos not no man's land or bini land again? Confused set of aliens.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 9:23pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
So this is a Yoruba cultural trait? Because I'm beginning to suspect them as being the common denominator is this kind of dysfunction.
Maybe the Yoruba tribe is where all the crazy ghetto African Americans & Jamaicans came from.
Mr op, you are just talking without sense, visit igboland and see horror. See the pictures below and see igbo land

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by dadark: 9:40pm On May 31, 2018
strangely it was not a mess as that clown from otuoke was in charge....

were you people in a coma back then....?
Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 9:40pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:

Mr op, you lack wisdom, after your kits n kins shout how they are more in Lagos, you are quick to attribute it to yoruba. All Nigerian tribes are in Lagos, all of them contribute to the deterioration of Lagos, so what is your point in attributing it to Yoruba, it shows you are a confirmed Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by dadark: 9:42pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:

who even invited you sef....??...

stay in your shitthole....

nobody invited you....
Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 9:49pm On May 31, 2018
dealslip:
Every state in Nigeria is well represented in Lagos and Lagos reflects the state of mind of everyone in Nigeria. Lagos is a giant shithole because Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba all come here to make a living and they come with their mindset. Guess what this is the typical look of every state in Nigeria including FCT. When I visited Kuje in FCT I thought I was in Idi Araba in Lagos but getting to the CBD it was all different . When I passed Idemili in Anambra for a wedding it was a mountain of refuse and filth but by the time we got to Ozobulu, the roads were so beautiful and calm. If you had visited the Ikoyi/VI/Lekki axis, you would have thought Lagos was better.
BTW I don't even believe you came from the US, but to educate others who may believe what you wrote. We know you are an Igbo man so quit the pretence about Yoruba people. Don't forget according to Igbo bureau of statistics, Lagos is a no man's land and it has a 51% population of Igbo people and the reason why it should even have an Igbo Governor. If you do the maths, you will know it is the Igbo people that made Lagos a shithole. Thanks
You sabi, from the beginning of his junks, I already knew he's a flatheaded pig. Don't you see how he's replying his fellow piggies. No way they can hide it, that corpse water they drink must smell out.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 11:04pm On May 31, 2018
Westbestside:
Mr op, you lack wisdom, after your kits n kins shout how they are more in Lagos, you are quick to attribute it to yoruba. All Nigerian tribes are in Lagos, all of them contribute to the deterioration of Lagos, so what is your point in attributing it to Yoruba, it shows you are a confirmed Igbo.
For the last time, I'm not an Igbo. In fact, if I had to trust someone to hold 10 Naira I would pick a Yoruba over an Igbo. Every tribe has its problems. But Lagos is a disgrace, and whether or not the Yoruba people are to blame for the city's condition, you guys need to man up and fix it because it is your city. And you need to take pride in your environment.

A problem can't be fixed until you admit it exists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 11:13pm On May 31, 2018
There are so many rich Yoruba people living in London and the U.S ( I know many, we are all brothers in the U.S and there is no tribalism) how do you guys accept your capital city to be such a mess? Lagos should be the jewel of Africa.. there is plenty of money but no organization. You people would rather drive a Mercedes through filthy streets than drive a Toyota through first class highways.

Also, many African Americans come to Lagos and every single one of them leaves disappointed with the wrong impression of Africa. If you guys don't want to fix that nasty hellhole, stop advertising it so people won't see the disgrace. You people are making Africans look like monkeys. Where is your self-respect?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 11:13pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
For the last time, I'm not an Igbo. In fact, if I had to trust someone to hold 10 Naira I would pick a Yoruba over an Igbo. Every tribe has its problems. But Lagos is a disgrace, and whether or not the Yoruba people are to blame for the city's condition, you guys need to man up and fix it because it is your city. And you need to take pride in your environment.

A problem can't be fixed until you admit it exists.
So it is now Yoruba problems because it is Lagos, But when good things comes out of it, it becomes either biniland or no man's land as some confused demented race confused themselves. OK, now it is only Lagos we should fix and leave the other cities alone right?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 11:15pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
There are so many rich Yoruba people living in London and the U.S ( I know many, we are all brothers in the U.S and there is no tribalism) how do you guys accept your capital city to be such a mess? Lagos should be the jewel of Africa.. there is plenty of money but no organization. You people would rather drive a Mercedes through filthy streets than drive a Toyota through first class highways.

Also, many African Americans come to Lagos and every single one of them leaves disappointed with the wrong impression of Africa. If you guys don't want to fix that nasty hellhole, stop advertising it so people won't see the disgrace.
That is why we say, this is Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 11:20pm On May 31, 2018
Westbestside:
So it is now Yoruba problems because it is Lagos, But when good things comes out of it, it becomes either biniland or no man's land as some confused demented race confused themselves. OK, now it is only Lagos we should fix and leave the other cities alone right?
Abuja is a first-class city, and Calabar is also nice. The problem is that Lagos has plenty of money, but the people have no shame or self-respect and no organization. Lagos looks like something out of the movie Idiocracy... if only you knew what these foreigners are saying about you when they visit lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 11:25pm On May 31, 2018
dadark:

who even invited you sef....??...

stay in your shitthole....

nobody invited you....
Yes someone did invite me. That's how I got a visa...
Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by dadark: 11:35pm On May 31, 2018
buceta:
Yes someone did invite me. That's how I got a visa...

then shvt the fvck up or stay in your white shitthole....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:50pm On May 31, 2018
dadark:

then shvt the fvck up or stay in your white shitthole....
with the type of mentality you display Nigeria will always be backward.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by dadark: 11:51pm On May 31, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
with the type of mentality you display Nigeria will always be backward.

na our backward...he no concern you...stay in your oyibo shittholes and shvt the fvck up.......!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by dadark: 11:55pm On May 31, 2018
we done....??

we shitthole,you shitthole....the ol world is an shitthole....!!!!!!!

nobody mention me again....i have nothing nice to say to una.... angry angry
Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by maclatunji: 12:03am On Jun 01, 2018
buceta:

I'm a Nigerian American. I live in the U.S, and after seeing Lagos I was ready to disown Nigeria. If you live in that nightmare city, you need to open your eyes.

I wouldn't expect such a disorganized city in Somalia, Liberia or the Congo....

If you had stayed longer you would have adjusted. Lagos has more than enough foreigners living in it for some of your submissions to work. Which is that nobody from outside Nigeria could possibly live in Lagos. Well, thousands are.

I hope Governor Ambode is reading with his self-inflicted refuse problem in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by buceta: 1:05am On Jun 01, 2018
maclatunji:

If you had stayed longer you would have adjusted. Lagos has more than enough foreigners living in it for some of your submissions to work. Which is that nobody from outside Nigeria could possibly live in Lagos. Well, thousands are.

I hope Governor Ambode is reading with his self-inflicted refuse problem in Lagos.

Why would you want to adjust to something you should be ashamed of? I saw plenty of foreigners, and I know what they are thinking. Don't let their smiles and fake niceness fool you. A white man would never let his enviornment look like lagos...

Hell, if you don't mow your lawn for 2 weeks in the U.S white people will complain...when these people see Lagos with garbage overflowing everywhere they see you as animals. Trust me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 5:55am On Jun 01, 2018
buceta:
Abuja is a first-class city, and Calabar is also nice. The problem is that Lagos has plenty of money, but the people have no shame or self-respect and no organization. Lagos looks like something out of the movie Idiocracy... if only you knew what these foreigners are saying about you when they visit lagos.
First waiting? And you claim to come from US grin. Bloda, I give up on you cheesy if you can say Abuja is first class

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 6:01am On Jun 01, 2018
buceta:

Why would you want to adjust to something you should be ashamed of? I saw plenty of foreigners, and I know what they are thinking. Don't let their smiles and fake niceness fool you. A white man would never let his enviornment look like lagos...

Hell, if you don't mow your lawn for 2 weeks in the U.S white people will complain...when these people see Lagos with garbage overflowing everywhere they see you as animals. Trust me.
grin You mean you saw plenty of foreigners and you know what they were thinking, I mean, you go through their minds to know what they are thinking? You don't mean it. But with the way you are busy typing here, one will think you have any contribution to the development of any city o.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by trapQ: 6:16am On Jun 01, 2018
Stupid people in denial. Lagos is thrash
Re: Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? by Westbestside: 6:16am On Jun 01, 2018
buceta:

Also, many African Americans come to Lagos and every single one of them leaves disappointed with the wrong impression of Africa. If you guys don't want to fix that nasty hellhole, stop advertising it so people won't see the disgrace. You people are making Africans look like monkeys. Where is your self-respect?
So you mean, Yoruba people are to blame for the mess of all tribe especially people from the most dirtiest tribe in the world according to world health organization? Seems you don't know dirtiest cities in the world.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Christian Jihadists Forcefully Converted Southerners To Christianity / Rare Old Picture Of Onitsha, The Commercial City Of Anambra. / Throwback to when Nnamdi Kanu lawyer was doing yahoo yahoo - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.