Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents (14191 Views)

Some Senators Are Planning To Impeach Buhari – Sen. Kwankwaso / PDP Senators Are COWARD / Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Fhemmmy: 1:55am On May 29, 2010
Adds up?
Can it really up
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by suxes2005(m): 1:58am On May 29, 2010
16.1 Billion naira! Damn, and i am here busy fighting
with 150k per month, OMG

OK, i know wat 2 do! God is with me

Phweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Fhemmmy: 2:02am On May 29, 2010
I think they need to make the money not to be that attractive, then, these people will not be fighting tooth and nail to be in power.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Princek12(m): 2:13am On May 29, 2010
American Presidents and politicians are generally elected by the people to serve the people; Nigerian politicians are elected by themselves to serve and enrich themselves.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Fhemmmy: 2:15am On May 29, 2010
America is what it is, cos Americans wont accept anything lesser than what they know is right, cos they will hold their leaders accountable, but Nigerians will give away their birthright all cos of a bowl of rice.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Princek12(m): 2:21am On May 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

America is what it is, cos Americans wont accept anything lesser than what they know is right, cos they will hold their leaders accountable, but Nigerians will give away their birthright all cos of a[b] bowl of rice.[/b]
and goat meat
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Nenum(m): 2:22am On May 29, 2010
Majorly i think until we take the bull by the horn.

Our leaders would still continue to take us for granted.
until everyone goes back home and looks at his or her Uncle, Aunt,Parents or Family friend involved in this crazy politics and tell them to their face that enough is enough. (this include my very self)
because lets face it, these politicians have relations, friends, well wishers.
until those close to them stand up to them and we the general public stand up to them
then i am sorry, its going to be business as usual.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by ReadyMan: 2:26am On May 29, 2010
Are you surprised that Nigeria senators earn
more than the US president? This is 3rd World
country, where anything goes! Just wait,

Now that MORE tax revenue is accruing to the
government of the day, there will be more for pay
raise. I am not even talking of the unseen
contracts, official corruption, etc.

I foresee financial disaster in the near future.
Our leaders should know better  because they
are widely travelled. They are aware what good
governance is but simply denying ordinary citizen of it.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Fhemmmy: 2:31am On May 29, 2010
I just cant get all these off my mind . . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Oba234: 2:50am On May 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

America is what it is, cos Americans wont accept anything lesser than what they know is right, cos they will hold their leaders accountable, but Nigerians will give away their birthright all cos of a bowl of rice.

u r so right. Nigerians need to start a revolution or something similar because this is ridiculous. Reading this story is really making me upset.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Fhemmmy: 2:55am On May 29, 2010
Oba234:

u r so right. Nigerians need to start a revolution or something similar because this is ridiculous. Reading this story is really making me upset.

My brother, it is more than making me upset.
Imagine all those guys making so much money and yet Nigeria is still in so much poverty, at least now we know why we spend so much to service our budget, and yet they will steal all the rest.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:52am On May 29, 2010
this money is too much.no wonder those politician are desperate to get to power.they do all sought to get into power.adamuse of the money they will be able to steal.God dey
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by jamace(m): 4:17am On May 29, 2010
OMG!!! T he LegisLOOTERS have done it again! shocked shocked No wonder they end up with international illnesses that can only be cured abroad.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by tanimz(f): 4:27am On May 29, 2010
jamace:

OMG!!! T he LegisLOOTERS have done it again! shocked shocked No wonder they end up with international illnesses that can only be cured abroad.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Oba234: 5:03am On May 29, 2010
I wonder how much the president of nigeria make if the senators make this much money.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Nobody: 5:51am On May 29, 2010
HUHUHUHUHU grin grin grin grin grin grin

I CAN STOP grin grin grin grin grin

STUPID STUPID STUPID
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Omolulu(m): 6:18am On May 29, 2010
jamace:

DEATH!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Nobody: 6:40am On May 29, 2010
@ topic
olé International theif theif be all of them. 9ja is rotten honestly. angry
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by hooged: 6:55am On May 29, 2010
oh yee my GOD strike this country with thunder and fire.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by chidichris(m): 7:24am On May 29, 2010
no wonder our fights against corruption is very active and effective - nigeria is a joke.
tell me how ppl earning this kind of money will have the interest of the masses at heart.
what about the poor masses who find it difficult to power their generators and all that?
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by amazonia(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2010
This is amazing. So they just sit around and share the national gross as salaries and allowance. How can there ever be enough left for educations, power and other developments? Something need to be done. The goverment is too big and irresponsible. These are band of theives but nothing else.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by royalicon(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2010
No wonder our politicians are crazy to get to that post, killing, rituals, drug smuggling, embezzlement the list goes on.

Happy -DEM-ALL-CRAZY- Day.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by monkeyleg: 8:11am On May 29, 2010
Well, that is why there is not concited effort to fight corruption. This is absolutely obscene, especially for a bunch of idiot that dont do anything in that country.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by snowdrops(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2010
Princek12:

American Presidents and politicians are generally elected by the people to serve the people; Nigerian politicians are elected by themselves to serve and enrich themselves.
very true talk. weldone.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by pappilo(m): 8:22am On May 29, 2010
To all the people saying the amounts are just allowances. In the UK an MP's salary is approximately £65,000 (N16 million)/ year. Last year an MP claimed on average, £145,000 (N35 million)in expenses and allowances. But in Nigeria a country that is not half as developed as the UK, 1 representative (MP) claims £2.3 million ( N560 million) in expenses and allowances for a year. Something is seriously wrong with that country.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by beethoven: 8:30am On May 29, 2010
In the US there is a working structure for everything. Salaries, "NEPA", Infrastructure etc. So even if they don't have a president, everything works fine because everyone knows what he or she is supposed to do. But in Nigeria, there is nothing of such. so what do you expect They same guys who make the law without a proper check would definitely make laws that favour them in all ramifications (salaries/allowances included). They also make sure that people don't know their rights, even if they do know, they twist them so they won't understand.

This is Naija for you.  embarassed
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by ayo84(m): 8:49am On May 29, 2010
500 billion has been spent on the national assembly of less than 1000 members since 1999
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kabarka(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2010
In this country,we are living as if there's a very big ship waiting to take us to our dear country after messing around here.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by dipo2much(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2010
its just pathetic. Little wonder why many people find it worthy to take other people's lives just to get to these posts
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by pappy4real(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2010
its a pity that the common masses whose sweat and pain these murders squander earns less than #120 daily. only God can save us from this morden day slavery by and from our own people who 4get who they are and where they come from the moment they get into power
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Sonofpeace(m): 9:52am On May 29, 2010
Naija get money ooo!!! This is called The House of Robbers and The House of Suckers.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by tempest01(m): 10:11am On May 29, 2010
Not to talk of what they are looting. We need complete overhauling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air Force Refunds N19.44bn To Stabilisation Account / "You Will Benefit From Restructuring" - Atiku Tells North / "You Are Too Slow" - Hakeem Baba-Ahmed To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.