Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects (12826 Views)

Some Senators Are Planning To Impeach Buhari – Sen. Kwankwaso / PDP Senators Are COWARD / Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by ichomi(m): 12:46am On Mar 19, 2013
A security guard with Honda Place Company, who was recently arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly conniving with robbers to steal goods worth over N28m from the company, has said the police should stop going after petty thieves like himself.

Instead, he said the police should focus their attention on politicians, especially senators and House members, whom he described as the “real thieves.”

The suspect, Garba Sani, complained that the N12, 000 he received as salary was too meagre and said he had no choice but to take to crime.

He said, “I’m not an armed robber. I was on duty and I called them (other suspects) and we took the goods. We did not carry guns. We have a lot of senators looting and we also need money. There are many thieves in Nigeria and most of us are jobless youths, we have nothing.

“I earn N12, 000 a month which is too small. We are all criminals in Nigeria and we have criminal blood in our body so nobody should pretend.”

Another suspect, Godwin Okwudili, said the police should drop all charges levelled against them since the stolen goods had since been recovered.

“Sani and I live in the same area. He called me that the goods were available and we went to take them. We did not carry guns. I took the goods to my warehouse and we did not sell them. Everything was recovered intact so what do they (police) want again?” he said.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, told PUNCH Metro that Sani, Okwudili, along with the other suspects, Obinna Ilojebe, Ndubuisi Ike and Anthony Etemah were arrested following thorough investigation which lasted for over eight months.

She said Sani was the security guard at the company and he connived with the other suspect to rob the company.

She said, “On June 31, 2012, about 9pm, four suspects connived with Sani, who is a security guard at Honda Place Company, Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, to rob the company of Honda auto spare parts worth over N23m, an air conditioner worth N77,500, a 150 KVA generator worth N3.8m, an 8KVA generator worth N900,000.

“The total value of the goods is worth over N28m and after painstaking investigation, Sani was arrested. His confession led to the arrest of other suspects. The auto spare parts were recovered in Maya Village, Ikorodu, Lagos.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/senators-are-worse-than-robbers-suspects/
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by hardywaltz(m): 12:59am On Mar 19, 2013
ichomi:

He said, “I’m not an armed robber. I was on duty and I called them (other suspects) and we took the goods. We did not carry guns. We have a lot of senators looting and we also need money. There are many thieves in Nigeria and most of us are jobless youths, we have nothing.

“I earn N12, 000 a month which is too small. We are all criminals in Nigeria and we have criminal blood in our body so nobody should pretend.”

Another suspect, Godwin Okwudili, said the police should drop all charges levelled against them since the stolen goods had since been recovered.

“Sani and I live in the same area. He called me that the goods were available and we went to take them. We did not carry guns. I took the goods to my warehouse and we did not sell them. Everything was recovered intact so what do they (police) want again?” he said.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, told PUNCH Metro that Sani, Okwudili, along with the other suspects, Obinna Ilojebe, Ndubuisi Ike and Anthony Etemah were arrested following thorough investigation which lasted for over eight months.

She said Sani was the security guard at the company and he connived with the other suspect to rob the company.

She said, “On June 31, 2012, about 9pm, four suspects connived with Sani, who is a security guard at Honda Place Company, Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, to rob the company of Honda auto spare parts worth over N23m, an air conditioner worth N77,500, a 150 KVA generator worth N3.8m, an 8KVA generator worth N900,000.

“The total value of the goods is worth over N28m and after painstaking investigation, Sani was arrested. His confession led to the arrest of other suspects. The auto spare parts were recovered in Maya Village, Ikorodu, Lagos.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/senators-are-worse-than-robbers-suspects/
i thot i read that he was employed so how come he still considers himself "jobless".

2 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by milkymesh: 1:27am On Mar 19, 2013
hardywaltz:
i thot i read that he was employed so how come he still considers himself "jobless".
is it not obvious? What is 12k. Call it underemployment if you like. Naija wicked sha.

6 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 19, 2013
We did not carry guns. I took the goods to my warehouse and we did not sell them. Everything was recovered intact so what do they (police) want again?” he said.

See boldness
Unbelievable

2 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Omexonomy: 4:44am On Mar 19, 2013
hardywaltz:
come to apapa clubs and see the way people spend money on frivolities especially politicians.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:33am On Mar 19, 2013
Our nigeria security i hail.Why not bring them into the law?Not ur costudy.Send them to court
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by seunfly: 6:39am On Mar 19, 2013
ichomi:
Another suspect, Godwin Okwudili, said the police should drop all charges levelled against them since the stolen goods had since been recovered
Why not? if Alamasiegha can get pardon for billions stolen, shuaibu paid just 700 thausand naira for 28billion, facrook did not even pay anything. So he must be treated same way now.

26 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by seunfly: 6:40am On Mar 19, 2013
ichomi: who was recently arrested by the Lagos State has said the police should stop going after petty thieves like himself.

Yes that is the truth, why go after some one that steal small things or money when those that steal in billions are walking scot free, infact same police that suppose to arrest those criminals is their escourt and body guards.
ichomi:
Instead, he said the police should focus their attention on politicians, especially senators and House members, whom he described as the “real thieves.”

That is also true why not go and arrest farcrood liewan, Hembe, Dimeji Bankole, Olubumi Eteh, rashid maina, shuaibu, oil cabals that the amount they stole can change Nigeria.

ichomi:

He said ''We are all criminals in Nigeria and we have criminal blood in our body so nobody should pretend.”

Even the police spoke person knows that, not even

her self or her oga at the top is free.
ichomi:
He said, “I’m not an armed robber. I was on duty and I called them (other suspects) and we took the goods. We did not carry guns. We have a lot of senators looting and we also need money.
Well he is not armed robber now, he also used his office to make something 4 himself just the same way Bankole, Hembe, farcrook, penson thevies, David mark, Alamasiegha, James Ibori, uduaghan, ministers used their offices to find something for themself.

11 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 19, 2013
bla bla bla...
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by profola2be(m): 6:54am On Mar 19, 2013
Please,do not let us justify stealing!
If the Senators and House of Rep members are thieves,should that also be a reason for you to also go and steal another man's property?
Honestly,if I were to be the Judge who'll handle this case,I won't have mercy upon you.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Maxymilliano(m): 7:24am On Mar 19, 2013
ichomi:

Amazing to know the month of June now has 31 calendar days, thanks to Ms. Ngozi Conchita Braide, Lagos PPRO... cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Ngwakwe: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2013
These thieves are hardened.

They did not steal but looted the company is the summary of their defence
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 19, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Amazing to know the month of June now has 31 calendar days, thanks to Ms. Ngozi Conchita Braide, Lagos PPRO... cheesy
Perhaps 2012 was a 'double' leap year. grin

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by goldfish80(m): 8:02am On Mar 19, 2013
Maxymilliano:

cheesy cheesy am sure Mz Braide must have been making jokes out of the oga@thetop herself hahahaha learner grin
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2013
Pls pardon them after all they are hungry. Nija sucks those guys shd be charged immediately
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by ypzilanti: 8:33am On Mar 19, 2013
The company management are crooks too: you pay a man N12,000 to guard property worth billions.

The question is this: should a man he be paid the wage his life skills command in the market, or something closer to the level of his responsibility in the company.

9 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Walexz02(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2013
WTF!
This guyz get liver o! Imagine this idiots saying everybody in Nigeria is a thief! He is jobless and he is earning 12k/month, why cant he go back to where he came from(north) if he is nt satisfied with the renumeration giving to him,or better still find another job.
On the other hand the police should fucк off and transfer them to the court.
This is what happens when crooks and bigger armed robbers are pardoned for their crimes *the smaller ones will grow liver asap!*

3 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by yuzedo: 9:14am On Mar 19, 2013
He speaks the truth. Who is a bigger criminal between this guy and that fat cretin ruling Akwa-Ibom state who gave out N1m on the spot to Party Chairmen for "Misteh Biggs" (Note: He said Misteh, not Mister)....

2 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2013
ABOKI WILL ALWAYS BE BOLD TO TELL THE TRUTH, AFTER ALL THEY ARE NOT AFRAID OF DEATH grin grin grin grin grin grin

yuzedo: He speaks the truth. Who is a bigger criminal between this guy and that fat cretin ruling Akwa-Ibom state who gave out N1m on the spot to Party Chairmen for "Misteh Biggs" (Note: He Misteh, not Mister"....
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by SOOPAID: 9:30am On Mar 19, 2013
mr suspect/thief.....u are on point.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by mekaboy(m): 9:32am On Mar 19, 2013
Please send these guys straight to prison. If they feel politicians are thieves they should and become politicians. When they get to the senate let them steal, for now they should be in jail.

Ur earning 12k a month, who forced u to earn 12k? Go and join labourers in the building sites, they don't earn less than 2000 daily, in a month is 60k.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by doctokwus: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2013
[quot”

The suspect, Garba Sani, complained that the N12, 000 he received as salary was too meagre and said he had no choice but to take to crime.

. We are all criminals in Nigeria and we have criminal blood in our body so nobody should pretend.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/senators-are-worse-than-robbers-suspects/[/quote]
Food for thought
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Rooneyboy(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2013

This is the part that got my attention , why on earth would an employer pay someone 12.000 naira in Nigeria after 31 good days of hard work

It really beats me.

Employers that pay such are fooooools , he/she is the is the architect of their own security challenges.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2013
hardywaltz:
disguised unemployment.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Rooneyboy(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2013
ypzilanti: The company management are crooks too: you pay a man N12,000 to guard property worth billions.

My point exactly, the employers claim they are well read; yet still u give someone 12k as salary and tell him to protect ur goods worth billions.

*HOW SMART * ?
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by dridowu: 10:36am On Mar 19, 2013
Fela Voice ; Politician are Pen Robbery , so they rob us legally and we keep quite.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by tellwisdom: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2013
Please go back there and carry more...28million worth of goods is nothing sad...Money wey senators dey take buy car fr gurl friend undecided
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by 1dickatatime: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2013
Gradually we are getting to the level where we'll start confronting the big thieves, crime is bad but the defiance shown by these guys should send a clear message to the thieving class. Come to think of it, the guy has a valid point there.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by Napolitano(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2013
They are simply hungry guys.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by wealthlift(m): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2013
Politics is like a game, play it however you like. At least you undestand me naw. Check out my signature to get the dstv software for your p.c and phones.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by aijazNija: 10:49am On Mar 19, 2013
I support the motion!!.
Re: Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects by AnanseK(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2013
Good argument by the thieves. Perhaps the Senators and hon members can explain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Maritime University At The Centre Of Renewed Niger Delta Hostilities-AFP / Aregbesola Is Building Extraordinary Legacy In Education - Minister For Health / Litre Of Fuel Hits N350 In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.