Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? (7905 Views)

I Need Clarity On The Validity Of My Fast / Someone To Help Me Financially For Education And Break My Fast / Ramadan: Can I Break Fast Because Of Thirst Or Hunger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by Lukgaf(m): 11:03am On May 31, 2018
Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for one who is accountable to break his fast in Ramadaan because of exams, because that is not one of the excuses that are allowed in sharee’ah. Rather he has to fast, and do his studying and revision at night if it is too hard for him to do that during the day.

Those who are in charge of exams should be kind to the students and not make the exams in Ramadaan, thus serving two interests, the interests of the fast and to help the students prepare for the exams. It was narrated in a saheeh report from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “O Allaah, whoever is put in charge of any of the affairs of my ummah and is kind to them, show kindness towards him, and whoever is put in charge of any of the affairs of my ummah and is harsh towards them, show harshness towards him.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

So advice to those who are in charge of exams is to be kind to the students and not to have exams in Ramadaan, but to have them before or after. We ask Allaah to give us all strength.

https://islamqa.info/en/13179

Cc:
Minister of Education
ASUU

5 Likes

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by sagerasaq: 11:27am On May 31, 2018
Allah(swt) has perfected your religion and made it easy for yu. Imagine if this was your last Ramadan, would u still break your fast? Some questions are really not meant to be asked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by Alhajiemeritus: 10:44pm On May 31, 2018
I've been writing exams since Ramadan began.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by TollaEstate: 9:13am On Jun 01, 2018
Brb
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2018
Thank God I wrote my last paper on the day Ramadan started.
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by aumeehn: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2018
jazakallahu khairan!! May Allah bless you abundantly!
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2018
Makes no sense

4 Likes

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by fidelmarshal199: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2018

Ouch Dam,n. Must I be a Muslim before I comment on Nairaland?
Hell No, Use Sallah as a case study, He broke his fast for a UEFA Champions League final and He eventually got injured at the 30th minutes. if he hasn't break his fast maybe he would have gotten a chance of playing full-time.
Don't compromise your faith because of anything.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by DonMarkuzi(m): 9:20am On Jun 01, 2018
La iqraha fiddin. My understanding is any condition that means harm will come from your fast then it means conditions are relaxed (God is oft forgiving).
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by zeenaman: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2018
I wouldn't skip fast for exams. I wrote lots of exams in Ramadan as an undergraduate, and it was fun. All my attention was on qur'an and my books. No worries about hunger, and the stress of cooking during the day was eliminated

3 Likes

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by Hadone(m): 9:24am On Jun 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by mysteriousman(m): 9:24am On Jun 01, 2018
Sincerely I don't think preparing and writing exams during Ramadan should be an issue intact it gives you to prepare better cos of the concentration you will enjoy. However seek Allah's understanding, he is the all knowing and most forgiving, what are your intentions if you do break the fast? Do you intend to pay back? Do you intend to feed the number of people required etc
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by zeenaman: 9:24am On Jun 01, 2018
Jimmy231:
I no be Muslims and I no belive in all this rubbish I accept before I had to comment. If you like die no break the fast. Fast over hyped since 1700 before Mohamed
Can't you just maintain your lane? Stop taking panadol for another man's headache

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by tolani4real: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2018
fidelmarshal199:

Ouch Dam,n. Must I be a Muslim before I comment on Nairaland?
Hell No, Use Sallah as a case study, He broke his fast for a UEFA Champions League final and He eventually got injured at the 30th minutes. if he hasn't break his fast maybe he would have gotten a chance of playing full-time.
Don't compromise your faith because of anything.
Naija and religion

3 Likes

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by Pidginwhisper: 9:33am On Jun 01, 2018
You better chop before you slump and die for class.. dem go come blame village people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by cameeeeel(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2018
what happened to Salah might happen to u... kidding with iota of superstitution
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by Jimmy231: 9:37am On Jun 01, 2018
zeenaman:

Can't you just maintain your lane? Stop taking panadol for another man's headache
He they pain me ni
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by chinchonglee(m): 9:38am On Jun 01, 2018
nonsense question....

break dat fast sharp sharp..

ur primary goal as a student is to write ur exams nd pass wit flying colours.. anitin hindering u frm reading nd passing ur exams shuld be kept aside/removed..

moreover, Allah go understand.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by anataala: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2018
Assalamu Alaikum,

Is it not allowed, people that are allowed not to fast are as follows

Sick person
Old people
Children
Menstrurating women
Travellers

Ma a sallam
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for one who is accountable to break his fast in Ramadaan because of exams, because that is not one of the excuses that are allowed in sharee’ah. Rather he has to fast, and do his studying and revision at night if it is too hard for him to do that during the day.

Those who are in charge of exams should be kind to the students and not make the exams in Ramadaan, thus serving two interests, the interests of the fast and to help the students prepare for the exams. It was narrated in a saheeh report from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “O Allaah, whoever is put in charge of any of the affairs of my ummah and is kind to them, show kindness towards him, and whoever is put in charge of any of the affairs of my ummah and is harsh towards them, show harshness towards him.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

So advice to those who are in charge of exams is to be kind to the students and not to have exams in Ramadaan, but to have them before or after. We ask Allaah to give us all strength.

Cc:
Minister of Education
ASUU

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by OhiOfIhima: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2018
Jimmy231:
He they pain me ni
Is not a must comment thread, you can just read and pass if you are ignorant of the message.
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by daspeaker: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2018
Religion is not by force and shouldn't be perceived as a bondage!!!!! Fasting to me is all about discipline and focus. so if your focus is going to be divided then you have to leave one for another. break your fast and concentrate on your future !!!!
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by johnime: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2018
k
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2018
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allaah.

Cc:
Minister of Education
ASUU

Yes, you can. I speak with the authority of my calling to spread the gospel of the One True God.
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by xage(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2018
Jimmy231:
I no be Muslims and I no belive in all this rubbish I accept before I had to comment. If you like die no break the fast. Fast over hyped since 1700 before Mohamed

A hoax/satanic post on an Islamic Forum of Nairaland as above gained 20 likes in seconds and not a single like for the poster who took his time to share such a beneficial clarification...

Nairaland has become quite a delicate place for true Muslims, despite the commendable efforts by Seun to promote tolerance, the Shaitan's have hijacked every possible thread...

My advice for weak/new Muslims present here is that youu stop visiting Nairaland and learn from Quran and hadith directly...too many atheist and kufar on this forum desperate to mislead you and turn you away from Allah.

If lost Islam do not blame the internet blame your stupidity allowing Nairaland posts to feed into your soul...brothers and sisters be warned

I repeat only an educated and well grounded Muslim can survive on a forum littered with atheist and hypocritic Christians who has now graduated from taking Jesus as son of God into calling him God.

Jesus will deny all of them and exonerate himself before Allah...

Be warned.

Asalamaleikum warahmatulah wabarakatuhu

4 Likes

Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by funnix: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2018
Jimmy231:
[color=#006600][/color]

This thread is not meant for you...I pray you don't poke nose to your death since you don't want to mind your business. Awon trouble makers
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:15am On Jun 01, 2018
This is not one of the conditions stated by Allah not to allow people fast
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by EmmGee: 10:38am On Jun 01, 2018
but op I've heard notable peeachers say it depends ob your situation. there are some situations where it is permissible to break it for the exams and there are some where it isn't. that is why they adviced thr person should speak to his local imam for guidance.

Allahu a'alam
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by laydoh(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2018
anataala:
Assalamu Alaikum,

Is it not allowed, people that are allowed not to fast are as follows

Sick person
Old people
Children
Menstrurating women
Travellers

Ma a sallam
haha,how did d guy fall into the category of pple you mentioned.he said exam.
Re: Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? by laydoh(m): 11:15am On Jun 01, 2018
daspeaker:
Religion is not by force and shouldn't be perceived as a bondage!!!!! Fasting to me is all about discipline and focus. so if your focus is going to be divided then you have to leave one for another. break your fast and concentrate on your future !!!!
In Islam,fasting is compulsory as long as you are not among those excluded. you can only break your fast if you are up for repercussion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Fiqh Of Menstruation (menstral & Non-menstral Blood) / Undesirability Of Rejecting The Gift Of Perfume Without A Reason. / Who Is A "true Muslim Man"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.