Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) (2475 Views)

Pictures Many Nigeria Peace Corps Members Can Relate To / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report / The Certificate We Have Is The More Reason We Are Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by TR1212: 10:22am On Jun 01, 2018
So I came across this page on one of my LinkedIn groups and felt it'd be nice to share.

Please read and contribute to help others.

If you thought being jobless was enough of a problem to handle for the jobless person, you are wrong! There are hundred other things to bother about while one is still jobless. Why?

For one reason, joblessness rhymes with hopelessness. Secondly, unemployment always comes with it’s entourage.

A jobless person has a lot going on in their minds and even more to worry about in their life. To begin, you have those bills which are piling up while looking out for a job and your future source to pay those bills. This is just one of the many difficulties in the life of a jobless person.

Here is a list of some of the difficulties that you might relate to if you are quite (jobless) like me:

1. Insomnia
This one is so stubborn, it’s like your best friend from school that you didn’t choose! You try sleeping through those dark cold nights, only the more you try the more you fail.

2. Anxiety
These are your thoughts and worries that gives you company but not the pleasant kind. You think about all kinds of things- where my life is, where it’s going, how will I do this and that. These thoughts can escalate very fast and make you lose your peace of mind.

3. Self doubt
This one is pure evil and the worst of all. Self loathing does more harm than any other aspect of this jobless situation. Whatever you do, don’t give in to the thoughts such as ‘you’re not good enough’, ‘it’s all your fault’, ‘you’re incapable, insufficient, unskilled, unworthy’. None of it is actually true!

4. Depression
Every jobless person will go through a phase of (hopefully) mild or severe depression. I usually feel depressed between 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. That’s the period of time when I need to snack on some savory delights not because I’m hungry but rather my soul is!

5. Social anxiety
This is the reason we avoid social gathering or going out in public when not absolutely necessary. It troubles the unemployed to a great extent when they have to reply to queries like; what is going on with your life, did you get a job (red alert), how was the interview, plans?!

6. Financial insecurities
Even when your pay checks stop coming, your bills will still keep on arriving. Those bills have to be paid at some point! Not having a regular source of income is probably the biggest disadvantage of unemployment.

7. Low self esteem
Not having a job title attached to your bio can significantly affect a person’s self esteem. People always ask, ‘what do you do?‘ and because of agonizing fear of facing this very question most unemployed choose to avoid people. This consequently results into low self confidence.

8. Social pressure
Society (in general) is not supportive of people who are not living a life mapped out by the expectations of that society. If you are unemployed, then my friend you are one of those people! Social pressure will follow you until the day you do what was expected of you.

9. Feeling distracted / absent mindedness
Having a job means you clearly know your daily routine and as a norm you follow that routine. There is little to no scope for distracting yourself. But when you are jobless and in the midst of despair and disappointment, your mind will easily get distracted and absent minded.

10. Falling prey to bad habits
One of the major drawbacks of unemployment is lack of self discipline. There is a chance that you might start developing bad habits like smoking, drinking, gambling or a minor addiction but equally harmful such as social media addiction. A lot of people get addicted to negative influences during a vulnerable phase in their lives because of high anxiety and lack of motivation.

Conclusion:
“When it’s all said and done, the one thing I want to leave on this earth is hope. I have felt hopelessness, and it’s a terrible feeling. Hopelessness will destroy you. I want to bring hope to other people.” ~Paula Deen

These are the ten difficulties that I think a jobless person has to deal with in life. When one thing goes wrong, things start to escalate. I don’t want to sound negative, but that is usually how life goes. But another thing about life is that ‘life goes on.’ And life will go on beyond today’s hopelessness and frustrations.

Joblessness is not easy to handle with all the stress and anxiety of it. One thing does help even in such hopeless circumstances. And that is believing in yourself! Stay strong and motivate yourself not to fall prey to the difficult times. With a positive mindset and a little faith in yourself you will overcome anything, even joblessness.

Can you relate to any of the above difficulties? How do you deal with difficulties in your life?

Sometimes, I fear "hope" isn't enough to keep one moving. Please share your thoughts and contributions.

Credit: positiveoutlookblogdotcom

4 Likes

Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by egorov(m): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2018
Nice article

1 Like

Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by ayourbamie: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2018
I need a part time laundry job, preferably in an hotel?
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by madone: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2018
ayourbamie:
I need a part time laundry job, preferably in an hotel?
stay your own laundry business..
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by ayourbamie: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2018
madone:
stay your own laundry business..
I hve mine, its not really moving that's why I'm looking for a part time job.
Check my signature
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by sexymonkey(m): 11:46am On Jun 01, 2018
learning a skill is the best thing to do rather than to wait for an imaginary job.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by madone: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
ayourbamie:

I hve mine, its not really moving that's why I'm looking for a part time job.

Check my signature
OK I get ...but business have a time it slow down best thimng to do is look for my clients.go out look for more clientsgive them best services with promo
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by ayourbamie: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
madone:
OK I get ...but business have a time it slow down best thimng to do is look for my clients.go out look for more clientsgive them best services with promo

Thanks. Is that what u r into too?
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by madone: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
ayourbamie:

Thanks. Is that what u r into too?
no but am a young guy into business too.had a time when my business almost crashed in the second year of start up I almost dusted my certificateto look for work ,but I encouraged my self went in client hunting and now I always have job waiting for jobs.b4 then my highest job was 200k.but after the slow down I have down jobs with serious money and serious profits.

1 Like

Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by TR1212: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
divinespark:

How can you conclude that you do not have a job when their a lot of jobs to do in this country? Are you aware that you can be making millions of naira from non-oil products export trade? It is very easy to start. Click on the first link on my signature to know how you will go about it.

Will you give me the required finance to start this trade if I put interest and learn it?
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by Ennaa: 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
A publishing firm is recruiting for the following positions in 23 states in Nigeria: Marketing Executives, Book Editors and Accounts Manager. Minimum Salary is 50k plus mouth-watering commission. Application closes on the 5th of June, 2018. Apply and share this info with others. To learn more and apply visit link https:///2IAMG0y.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by TR1212: 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
divinespark:

Yes, we will link you up with Bank of Agriculture, Exim Bank and other financial institutions that gives facilities to export business startups. Getting facilities from them is very easy.

You will "link me up"?

If I get you correctly, what this link you referred me to is talking about, is that I should come and buy your book, after which you will "link me up"?

1 Like

Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by BiafranBushBoy: 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
Why should anyone be jobless when there are many ways of making so much money online?

Ignorance is truly bliss!!!

I just want to share with the reasonable ones this method, and I will mentor them!!! If after two months you don't start making money, call me a thief.

Please click here to get started
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by bolinjkezzy(m): 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
The only that still keep me in school now is HOPE, I almost consider dropping out after 200l because I fear school isn't worth it no more and life after school is the hardest. Still in school (500l) but what I fear most is what op pointed out. Nice article
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by akprosperblog(m): 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
OK seen. . . . . Get a professional website for 25k. contact in my signature.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by akprosperblog(m): 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
OK seen. . . . . Get a professional website for 25k. contact in my signature.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by teekay213(m): 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
Pls mod move it to front page.

This remind me a lot when I was hopeless.

But thank God he saw me through.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by Finstar: 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
TR1212:

Will you give me the required finance to start this trade if I put interest and learn it?

As an entrepreneur and investor, I find it very appalling when a prospective entrepreneur give excuses such as financial constraints. That is the excuse we adopt whenever we haven't yet made up our mind for a thing.

If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you'll spend the rest of your days in pain and suffering as long as the rat race exist.

If you want to start a business and money is a hurdle, there are manial jobs around that gives daily wages. If that dream is consuming enough, you'll do anything to make it reality.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by TR1212: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2018
Finstar:

As an entrepreneur and investor, I find it very appalling when a prospective entrepreneur give excuses such as financial constraints. That is the excuse we adopt whenever we haven't yet made up our mind for a thing.

If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you'll spend the rest of your days in pain and suffering as long as the rat race exist.

If you want to start a business and money is a hurdle, there are manial jobs around that gives daily wages. If that dream is consuming enough, you'll do anything to make it reality.

I don't know how to respond to this without coming off as rude or disrespectful.

With all due respect sir, as an aspiring entrepreneur and soon to be investor, I find it hard to understand why people fail to see reasons with others, or lack the simple imagination of being in someone else's shoes.

Whatever you are today, you might have struggled for, but is not of your making. I don't know what your faith is sir, but there's such a thing called GRACE. it speaks for everyone differently. Destiny and talent are also different. You may walk and succeed where others failed, that doesn't mean you are better.

I don't have energy to preach or comment on the sentence in bold. Accepted, if others made it, I have no reason not to, but that is for me to motivate myself with, not for you to judge.

Never rub your success on someone else's face sir, especially when you have no idea who they are or what they've been through.

Thanks all the same for your contribution.

Apologies if anything I said above is offensive.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by TR1212: 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2018
teekay213:
Pls mod move it to front page.

This remind me a lot when I was hopeless.

But thank God he saw me through.

Thank you sir. If there's anything you can share to help encourage and motivate others, please do. I'm sure many will appreciate.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by Finstar: 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
TR1212:

I don't know how to respond to this without coming off as rude or disrespectful.

With all due respect sir, as an aspiring entrepreneur and soon to be investor, I find it hard to understand why people fail to see reasons with others, or lack the simple imagination of being in someone else's shoes.

Whatever you are today, you might have struggled for, but is not of your making. I don't know what your faith is sir, but there's such a thing called GRACE. it speaks for everyone differently. Destiny and talent are also different. You may walk and succeed where others failed, that doesn't mean you are better.

I don't have energy to preach. Accepted, if others made it, I have no reason not to, but that is for me to motivate myself with, not for you to judge.

Never rub your success on someone else's face sir, especially when you have no idea who they are or what they've been through.

Thanks all the same for your contribution.

Apologies if anything I said above is offensive.

Thank you.

No offence taken. But for you to have that notion means I must I have struck a chord, something of truth. Another thing, there's nothing like grace. If you want anything, you've got to get your butt up and work for it. Give it your all, perhaps luck can shine later if at all it exist.. Religion has made folks like you so phlagmatic, it's saddening!

You want to start a business, but you don't want to get up and take up a job that can finance that business idea? Finance isn't hindering you, you are.

If grace, which your religion preaches is a prerequisite to success, atheists would have been the poorest in the society today.

It's your life, your choice and your end. Next time, tame your emotions.. Anger was so evident in your write up.. I'm sure you were typing with so much vigor and fastness, I can perceive it from here Lol.. . Don't ask me how I know, I'm a writer.

Shalom!
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by TR1212: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
bolinjkezzy:
The only that still keep me in school now is HOPE, I almost consider dropping out after 200l because I fear school isn't worth it no more and life after school is the hardest. Still in school (500l) but what I fear most is what op pointed out. Nice article

I think you should keep that hope alive sir, at least, you have a proof that it has gotten you this far and I'm sure it'll see you to greater heights.

The worst fear on earth is fear of the unknown. You shouldn't have it, not at this stage anyway. This post is for people who are already "there". You aren't. Do not project such negativity into your future.

The fact that there are people who are going through this doesn't mean you will. Again, keep your hope alive and trust God.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by TR1212: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
Finstar:

No offence taken. But for you to have that notion means I must I have struck a chord, something of truth. Another thing, there's nothing like grace. If you want anything, you've got to get your butt up and work for it. Give it your all, perhaps luck can shine later if at all it exist.. Religion has made folks like you so phlagmatic, it's saddening!

You want to start a business, but you don't want to get up and take up a job that can finance that business idea? Finance isn't hindering you, you are.

If grace, which your religion preaches is a prerequisite to success, atheists would have been the poorest in the society today.

It's your life, your choice and your end. Next time, tame your emotions.. Anger was so evident in your write up.. I'm sure you were typing with so much vigor and fastness, I can perceive it from here Lol.. . Don't ask me how I know, I'm a writer.

Shalom!

I don't need to. It's obvious. I wrote the post and I'm not denying the obvious emotions. Anyone can tell. That's kinda why I apologized before and after the post. So you see, you don't know me. So please don't judge.

Thanks all the same.
Re: Difficulties You Might Relate To If You Are Jobless (like Me) by Finstar: 12:13am On Jun 02, 2018
TR1212:

I don't need to. It's obvious. I wrote the post and I'm not denying the obvious emotions. Anyone can tell. That's kinda why I apologized before and after the post. So you see, you don't know me. So please don't judge.

Thanks all the same.

I was never judging you..

Thanks all the same too.

(1) (Reply)

Just Received My First Salary Today, What I Planned To Do With It / Microfinance Bank Recruitment / Greater Washington Limited Recruits For Facility Manager And Sales Executives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.