Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,375 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria (52538 Views)

Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy / Super Eagles: Onazi Under Fire Over Performance During England Friendly / Parents Of Dele Alli Beg Him To Accept Them Back Into His Life (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by AxceX(m): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
mhisbliss:
cheesyYes boo, just so we clear, its the shameful boo not the hubby boo
I'm not dele Alli na,i promise i won't play elsewhere cheesy.i only want the hubby boo biko wink

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Cyriloha(m): 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
Op you have not said anything

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Holymann(m): 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
ednut1:
Very shameless and disgraceful
Oga booing is part of football.
It is done to Sterling by Liverpool and England fans, Lukaku by Belgium fans, KDB by Belgium fans, Walker by Tottenham fans, Icardi by Inter M. fans even CR7 was booed my RM fans.
like someone up there pointed out, it happens even in video games.
Whats disgraceful about fans telling someone that you're not happy with him.

3 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by bidak(m): 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
Anytime I read post like this, I keep wondering how an average Nigerian thinks , we always make everything about us , yes Nigeria is far from been perfect so are most countries. Corruption is everywhere, stealing is everywhere, Fans boo players everywhere

5 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by mhisbliss(f): 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
AxceX:
I'm not dele Alli na,i promise i won't play elsewhere cheesy.i only want the hubby boo biko wink
Yea right, you can only imagine how many times I've heard that line grin
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by phase1: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
sharpwriter:

Pls write quickly, and help nominate Nwakali

I will and I also implore everyone else to write. Let's make an overwhelming statement to Gernot Rohr. We are his employers.

Onazi and Shehu must be dropped from that list.
Onazi lost the ball 82% of the time he had the ball. I personally hold him responsible for the lackluster in the midfield which led to the second goal and ultimately the loss of that match.

Shehu was totally clueless in the right flank overworking Iwobi but tyrone (a right back) later came in and shone like real star.

Nwakili is hungry and will create the much needed spark in the attack.

Kudos to Etebo, I didn't really like him before now (never really watch him) but he won my heart with his agility and commanding tackles.

Someone give Uzoho the No.1 jersey.

Does joel obi think football is a modelling parade? He should change career abeg.

I won't Judge the strikers as the onazi and co messed up the midfield.

Rohr should stop creating doubts about his abiilty to judge talent. #DropOnazi.

3 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
skarlett:

No chill at all grin grin

at all...at all...
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by oglalasioux(m): 9:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
Throwback:
Dele is being booed by Nigerians because of his own attitude to his family, his English mother and his Nigerian father and his English half siblings. That he played for England is even a secondary factor.

He chose to cut away from his family and removed the Alli name from his jerseys to retain only Dele, with the excuse that he feels no connection to his family, not just his Nigerian dad.

This is a dude that got all the best of care from his father who wasn't always present, but was always supportive, and even brought him to live with him in Nigeria and the USA before he returned to the UK at age 11 on his own demand. He was even the best man of his father when he remarried in the USA when Dele was 10yrs old.

He also left his mother's home in UK some years later on the need to focus on a teenage football career far from home.

At no time was he ever prevented as a kid from pursuing the football career that has made him who he is now. Every time he felt the need to move as a kid, they let him reach for his dreams.

Even the dad has claimed that he bought him his 1st car as legal teenager. Yet he got into Tottenham and suddenly did not want to see or hear from any of his parents or English half siblings just like that, concluding his detachment by removing the family name from his jersey.

Dele is a confused dude who is ashamed of his whole family for reasons best known to him. His mother's alcoholism is no different from what is an already known epidemic among most lower class single mothers.

All of these stories are well known by Nigerians in the UK, hence the disgust.

You might never know why he decided to cut his family off. He might never say because it could be too bad to express and no one might believe his side of the story. I've seen this play out more than once.

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Myself2(m): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
[s]
Ndonu101:
Today Nigerian fans in Wembley booed Dele Alli whenever he touched the ball. I commend the fans for turning up in their numbers to cheer the super eagles but I also condemn them for the treatment of Dele Alli.

Here is my reason

What was on display or fueling the reactions by Nigerians is a very faulty culture we practice in Nigeria. A culture rooted in tribalism. You know that culture that says Chukwuma born in Lagos to Igbo parents is not from Lagos, or Adekunle born in Onitsha to Yoruba parents is not an Anambra indigene or Shehu born in Port Harcourt to Hausa parents is not a River State boy!

Geuss what? The world has moved on from the backward tribalism and mentality that goes on in Nigeria.

Dele Alli was born in England and he feels English. Anybody going to London to boo a footballer born in England who has chosen to represent the country of his birth just because his name is Bamidele Alli and his father is Nigerian? Guess what, you are displaying your backwardness to the world!
[/s]

Yeye reasoning by yeye OP

Infact BOOOOOO for you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Myself2(m): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Israeljones:
shut up! mumu op wetin you sabi....
Booing is part of football..... is nothing malicious.
Even in the english league, where a player moves for from one football club to another...The player sometimes tend to get booed especially when the player had left the opposition old team in such an unpleasant way ....
its nothing malicious,,, its just part of the game.... Even PlayStation recognizes such situation and add it as an effect to their games...

so stop this ranting attitude of urs and get busy with other things....

Correct guy

No mind the OP wey dey form over sabi

4 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by stagger: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
OP, last time I checked, being born in England does not guarantee you automatic citizenship, except perhaps one of your parents is a citizen and certain other criteria are met.
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by AxceX(m): 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
mhisbliss:
Yea right, you can only imagine how many times I've heard that line grin
You've not heard it from me na nne wink, I play for you once n I swear I'll camp there.there'll be no need for the shameful boo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by mhisbliss(f): 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
AxceX:
You've not heard it from me na nne wink, I play for you once n I swear I'll camp there.there'll be no need for the shameful boo cheesy
You should've used something new, the old one is now stale
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by oooduancalmdown: 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
stagger:
OP, last time I checked, being born in England does not guarantee you automatic citizenship, except perhaps one of your parents is a citizen and certain other criteria are met.
Dele Alli's mum is English. This make him eligible to play for england. Jealous Niger-Areans should leave the young man alone
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
tobdee:
Nigerians are hypocrites...
I bet 95% of these critics will cede easily to such opportunity if allowed to choose. His life, his decision abeg.
DELE Didn't Just Shun Nigeria But His Father, His Mother And His Siblings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by LZAA: 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
DabuIIIT:
Those mumus that were booing Dele Ogbonna grin Ali,what are the doing in London? They should equally be patriotic and come to naija and join hands with buhari in nation building
grin
and again,Dele Chika Ali knows the ugliness and stench in being in a schi¡thole kwantiri more so being an nfoja conehead,ewedu gbegiri and stuff cheesy grin grin

lzaa immhotep

2 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Holymann(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Booing isn't part of football. Is racism part of football? Can the reverse happen with let's say Abbey George(ex eagle player) and we now say racism is part of football? Use your mind.
There's a difference b/w booing a player for his colour and booing him for his behaviour.
Inter Milan's Argentine captain Icardi booed on every match day at the San Siro regardless of his performance. this is not as a result of where he comes from but as a result of his character(you can read about him online).
Even CR7 was booed at the Santiago Bernabeu during the early part of the season as a result his poor performance then.
Booing players shouldn't be compared with racism.
If I may ask, when was the last time a club or country was fined because their fans booed a player
I'd say again, Booing is different from racist chants.

2 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by worlexy(m): 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
Rosskii:

Actually MILLIONS OF US would choose to play for Nigeria over England any day anytime. We are not all dumb, stupid slaves like you.
The fact that you wrote that rubbish above in English and not in your native language means you choose English above your dialect and it confirms that you're the slave here

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Holymann(m): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ndonu101:

And if you are booed in Russia for being black will that be acceptable ?
Booing is different from racist chants!! don't you get

2 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by selemempe: 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ndonu101:

This guy was born in England like the rest of the English players

The only reason you are booing him and singled him out is because he has a mixed blood and his father is nIgerian

If that’s not racism then what is racism ?
u should complete the bolded if u want to be sincere. Players are booed because they left a club for another...not because they are yellow, white or black.

He left nigeria to play england hence the booing by nigerian supporters. End of story...his race is not in question here

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Ndonu101: 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
selemempe:
u should complete the bolded if u want to be sincere. Players are booed because they left a club for another...not because they are yellow, white or black.

He left nigeria to play england hence the booing by nigerian supporters. End of story...his race is not in question here

He has never played for Nigeria

The fans refusal to accept he is as English as everyone else just because of his heritage is RACIST!
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by AxceX(m): 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
mhisbliss:
You should've used something new, the old one is now stale
Does it even matter and you yet to give me a befitting answer

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by kanosalami: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ndonu101:
Today Nigerian fans in Wembley booed Dele Alli whenever he touched the ball. I commend the fans for turning up in their numbers to cheer the super eagles but I also condemn them for the treatment of Dele Alli.

Here is my reason

What was on display or fueling the reactions by Nigerians is a very faulty culture we practice in Nigeria. A culture rooted in tribalism. You know that culture that says Chukwuma born in Lagos to Igbo parents is not from Lagos, or Adekunle born in Onitsha to Yoruba parents is not an Anambra indigene or Shehu born in Port Harcourt to Hausa parents is not a River State boy!

Geuss what? The world has moved on from the backward tribalism and mentality that goes on in Nigeria.

Dele Alli was born in England and he feels English. Anybody going to London to boo a footballer born in England who has chosen to represent the country of his birth just because his name is Bamidele Alli and his father is Nigerian? Guess what, you are displaying your backwardness to the world!
You lied is not about trabalism or mentality of Nigerians. Booing has always been in the culture of football

4 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Dele Alli has no personal affiliation with Nigeria and his Dad?

Oh well...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by hollywater: 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ndonu101:

Here is my reason

Afonja trying hard to defend his brother as usual. Try harder. I commend the fans for a job well done.

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by mhisbliss(f): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
AxceX:
Does it even matter and you yet to give me a befitting answer
No it doesn't and i have already given you an answer
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ndonu101:

Here is my reason

please
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by wizjid69: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2018
Throwback:
Dele is being booed by Nigerians because of his own attitude to his family, his English mother and his Nigerian father and his English half siblings. That he played for England is even a secondary factor.

He chose to cut away from his family and removed the Alli name from his jerseys to retain only Dele, with the excuse that he feels no connection to his family, not just his Nigerian dad.

This is a dude that got all the best of care from his father who wasn't always present, but was always supportive, and even brought him to live with him in Nigeria and the USA before he returned to the UK at age 11 on his own demand. He was even the best man of his father when he remarried in the USA when Dele was 10yrs old.

He also left his mother's home in UK some years later on the need to focus on a teenage football career far from home.

At no time was he ever prevented as a kid from pursuing the football career that has made him who he is now. Every time he felt the need to move as a kid, they let him reach for his dreams.

Even the dad has claimed that he bought him his 1st car as legal teenager. Yet he got into Tottenham and suddenly did not want to see or hear from any of his parents or English half siblings just like that, concluding his detachment by removing the family name from his jersey.

Dele is a confused dude who is ashamed of his whole family for reasons best known to him. His mother's alcoholism is no different from what is an already known epidemic among most lower class single mothers.

All of these stories are well known by Nigerians in the UK, hence the disgust.

And that ladies and gentlemen is the real truth.
He is a very hateful young man. I despise him very much because of his attitude.
If he chooses to play for England, good luck to him. As an Arsenal fan I'm inclined to hate him but even at that I just can't get around his vindictiveness to his family. He needs help.

3 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Ndonu101: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
imamtobi:
please

Lol you obviously went to check your own source and realised it’s fake

Ali was born in England to an English mother
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
Apparently the Yoruba Demon gene in him is the dominant gene.

2 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by AxceX(m): 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
mhisbliss:
No it doesn't and i have already given you an answer
care to remind me again what it was ?
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Ovie56(m): 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
classless set of fans, did they sponsor his football education, awon oniranu, and to those shouting he left his family and stuff, i feel sorry for you, most of you drink, smoke weed and do all sort of disgusting thing but you rather question someone else morality, stupid people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Rushed To Hospital After Damaging His Stomach Against Valencia / 8 Goals! Ronaldo Scores More Than The Whole Barcelona Squad In 2020 / Lionel Messi Arrives At Champions League Draw In Private Helicopter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.