Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

5 Powerful Ways To Show Intimacy Without Having Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Powerful Ways To Show Intimacy Without Having Sex (721 Views)

Why Can't Guys Date Without Having Sex? / 7 Ways To Show Intimacy Without Having Sex / Man Took A Lady On A Date Without Having Much Money. See What Happened Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Powerful Ways To Show Intimacy Without Having Sex by campusmuster: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
5 Powerful Ways to Show Intimacy Without Having Sex

Intimacy is usually associated together with sex, but they can easily be independent of each other. According to dictionary.com, intimacy is defined as “a close, familiar, and usually affectionate or loving personal relationship with another person or group.”

Intimacy is such an important aspect of a relationship and it reaches so much farther than sex because sometimes sex just isn’t right or even possible. So here are some ways to spice up your romance *outside* of the bedroom.

Hold hands
Holding hands with your Bestie is more important than it might seem. It makes you feel deeply connected to that person, even if you’re just walking down the street. “My Bestie and I have always been huge on holding hands,” says Faith Etuk, a student at Akwa Ibom State University, “If we’re walking somewhere unfamiliar he’ll hold out his hand to me for protection and to keep me close.

If we’re just hanging out with each other, holding hands is a great way for us to show intimacy and indicate that we want attention.” There’s even science behind the power of holding hands. Oxytocin, also known as “the love hormone,” makes us feel happy and loved and is released when people hold hands. So next time you’re on a date or walking to class with your partner, take their hand. We’re almost 100 percent sure you’ll both smile.

Have deep conversations
A relationship that consists of shallow, meaningless conversations isn’t a healthy one. You should always be challenging your partner to grow intellectually, and they should be doing the same. Communication is key to this kind of growth. Discussing the things that you’re passionate about can help you discover things you didn’t know you had in common with your partner. “My boyfriend and I talk about our future together at random times,” says Roxie Goerzen, a Medical Student at UniUyo,

“We’ll just look at each other and list all the things we’re excited for in the future; we talk about moving out and decorating our future appointment, the names of our future dogs and what after school activities our kids will be doing.”

Touch each other non-sexually
The power of touch is amazing. It’s instinctual for humans to touch each other as a sign of protection and love. Hugging and massaging are underrated ways to show intimacy. Often we think of these things as touches that could possibly lead up to sex or at least a steamy make-out session.

Spending a few extra seconds hugging your Bestie can make you feel more connected. Giving your partner a back massage or touching their hair shows that you care and will create chemistry between the two of you.

Full Article Here: https://www.campusmuster.com/5-powerful-ways-to-show-intimacy-without-having-sex/

1 Like

Re: 5 Powerful Ways To Show Intimacy Without Having Sex by dynicks(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kai walahi! that one no be my kwansain Kwo!.

Wetin i dey reason now na how to papet my skills for za oza room...

fleeze let nogbadi disturb my feace ; as this bery moamint iz bery cruetial far me.....

Kai! walahi ai swear! apta this show, AISHA would shuali start believing my skills.....yewaaaa!

(1) (Reply)

Can You Date A Man With Buck That Is Protruding Teeth? / Couple Who Met Of Twitter Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kissing Photos / delete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.