Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos (7718 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by NaijaTechnician(m): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2018
fiizznation:
N5 million fine? Isn't this too small? Why not fine the defrauding defaulting company something like N5 billion?

There was a time one of this telecommunication company automatically renewed someone's subscription even when he hasn't exhausted his previous subscription.. Dude made a complain to their customer care, but the lady that attended to him said there was nothing she or the company could do. And that was how his 5k when down the drain. Talk about daylight robbery.

grin grin u won finish them? 5 billion naira
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2018
fiizznation:
N5 million fine? Isn't this too small? Why not fine the defrauding defaulting company something like N5 billion?

There was a time one of this telecommunication company automatically renewed someone's subscription even when he hasn't exhausted his previous subscription.. Dude made a complain to their customer care, but the lady that attended to him said there was nothing she or the company could do. And that was how his 5k when down the drain. Talk about daylight robbery.

You don't understand: Look at this scenario, for example:

"NCC: MTN, since we gave the directive to stop automatic renewal, we noticed you've continued. In fact, you've done so for the last 300 days."
MTN: Abeg nah. Eep me, I no go do am again.
NCC: Sorry. It's too late. Your fine is N5 million * 300. That is, N1.5b."
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by Fourwinds: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2018
Depot:
Who else thinks that Airtel is the best Internet provider at the moment. Affordable, reliable, long lasting and fast. I pity MTN sha, not sure i will patronise them again with the services am getting from Airtel
yes oooo...im happy to join them few months ago....Etisalat abi 9bile fvck up.. i was a regular customer before I discover my data can't last one month again..... too bad it is under the control of greedy Nigerians
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by armadeo(m): 8:05am On Jun 05, 2018
Never ever recharge up to your data renewal balance.

I once recharged 2500 late at night for important calls waiting for the money to appear for where.

Called bank bank said they sent credit called man the girl told me data. Chai. I cursed her like mad and said who asked for renewal. What sort of rubbish. She just kept up the sorry sir routine. I just got tired

Had to recharge again
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 05, 2018
Neoteny:

It's not about the amount. No corporate board of directors would take it lightly with any executives who got penalties.

It's about the image.

5 million is too small as the first writer said. 5 billion or 2 billion would have been right. The board of directors is only concerned about what affect the profitability or operations of the business. Fine such as this does not have any effect on the image of the company. There are so many penalties in telecom businesses.

Airtel is the worst company when it comes into auto renewal with the large customer base. 5 million is less than what they make in one hour on auto renewal. NCC will never sanction them on 5M & make it public. In fact, no director will even know.

MTN's case that involved directors was a major penalty & the amount involved is beyond the capacity of the management & will even cripple the operations of the company in Nigeria & some other countries.
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by Neoteny(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2018
babaolofin:

5 million is too small as the first writer said. 5 billion or 2 billion would have been right. The board of directors is only concerned about what affect the profitability or operations of the business. Fine such as this does not have any effect on the image of the company. There are so many penalties in telecom businesses.

Airtel is the worst company when it comes into auto renewal with the large customer base. 5 million is less than what they make in one hour on auto renewal. NCC will never sanction them on 5M & make it public. In fact, no director will even know.

MTN's case that involved directors was a major penalty & the amount involved is beyond the capacity of the management & will even cripple the operations of the company in Nigeria & some other countries.

I tell you no board would tolerate executive excesses that anger the regulator. Corporate performance is compliance with regulations too.

You overlook corporate governance rules.

Of course image matters. No company wants to be in the news for negative reasons, it affects their brand.

Come on dude.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by princeade86(m): 8:58am On Jun 05, 2018
the money shud be pay to consumers direct
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by brodalokie: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2018
Bugger me.. I just cocked up
This is talking about internet data right? As in megabytes?
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by dvkot(m): 10:24am On Jun 05, 2018
Please slam mtn 5billion their auto renewal is theft
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by banio: 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nice move. These companies are terrorist. Sometimes if U fail to cancel renewal, after a month when U mistakenly get #1000 credit gift. The next thing U will see is that your #1000 data bundle has been renewed. Abi na thief ni
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2018
chuksjuve:
For once I am hearing a good news under this administration ..

Keep it up.

Etisalat will not like this news

They just renewed my own yesterday - just saw the text this morning.
Re: Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos by Codes151(m): 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Ncc is similitude to a group of foolish fools...

Noise makers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telecommunication Companies Lose 8 Million Subscribers in Q2 2021 / How To Change Your Emoji From The Fugly Android Emoji To The Iphone Emojis / Nigeria Among Top 5 Fastest Growing Mobile Markets In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.