Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,309 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother (19736 Views)

Please How Do I Handle This With My Wife And Her Brother. / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) / Lady Shares Photo Of Her Brother Holding Her Backside, Slams 'Haters' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Authoreety: 5:39am On Jun 06, 2018
They will say they are doin all that oit of love!

Lollss grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 06, 2018
kabawa:
Forget all the stories and brush your brother up .
No parents will be happy to see their child contributing to jamb every year like ajo grin
Is your brother's other name dollapo
Will U Shut Up There!!! Admission In Nigeria Is Not By Brilliancy Anymore, I Applied 4 Law At Lasu 2 Years Ago, With 303 Jamb Score, Still I Wasnt Admitted, So What Are U Saying?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by kabawa(m): 5:45am On Jun 06, 2018
Mrmourinho:

Will U Shut Up There!!! Admission In Nigeria Is Not By Brilliancy Anymore, I Applied 4 Law At Lasu 2 Years Ago, With 303 Jamb Score, Still I Wasnt Admitted, So What Are U Saying?

Mr man we dey quarrel??
You better go and learn trade and stop doing Ajo for jamb . quarrel with your mouse cheesy
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by pfadom: 5:47am On Jun 06, 2018
These parents have failed God as the custodians for this helpless dude. I pray that someone somehow would help this young man out of the quagmire he found himself. This man is sinking into something he could have been walking on, but unfortunate parenting keeps suppressing and depressing him.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Oritsewhandey(m): 5:48am On Jun 06, 2018
Hi Lady:
You stated your brother had sat for UTME, 3x!
Save him by enrolling him into any PRE-DEGREE or REMEDIAL studies in any closest University, to your home.
Since he's passed his O'levels; he can enter 100Levels through PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME, please. It's just for 8 months.
He would gain admission through that and thus say BYE BYE to JAMB!!!

Goodluck Beautiful!
Arc. Oritsewhandey
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 06, 2018
kabawa:

Mr man we dey quarrel??
You better go and learn trade and stop doing Ajo for jamb . quarrel with your mouse cheesy
I Cnt Learn Trade O, I Wont Like To Be Like U

1 Like

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Rickyuzzy(f): 6:04am On Jun 06, 2018
It's really very sad... This issue alone has drove kids to their grave, some suicide, some feeling not able to fit and end up joining the wrong groups.. some mental disorder.

Parenting is very complicated, parents have to realize that nothing is black and white. Dont just be a parent but be your Child's best friend and close confidant.
Let your child feel free to confide in you... Because he/she can only tell you the truth if he/she is comfortable with you..never shut your kids up, teach them to ask plenty questions...always ask their opinions about things, allow them to express themselves...be a guide...because truthfully if you fail at this stage of nurturing, you have lost your kid's trust someway somehow...If he/she strays or does something u don't agree with always ask WHY and do your own research before drawing conclusions

Finally be patient with them...be very PATIENT.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Alejoc(m): 6:13am On Jun 06, 2018
The young man go soon explode!
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 06, 2018
Lol, tell him to come live with my parents, he would knw he has been enjoying life since. He even repeated nd he hasn't comitted suicide since,

1 Like

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by dyn1800: 6:17am On Jun 06, 2018
I pray the young man able to hang on till he's able to find is feet. To bad he's going through thisd
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Navalsadiq(m): 6:42am On Jun 06, 2018
Please to all myopic parents out there allow your children's time and clock to take its course.every body has his own time and clock. Period

2 Likes

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by readyornot: 6:43am On Jun 06, 2018
With our current economic situation, it will be a great mistake to look down on "Learning a Trade".

Every individual has what makes them unique & which can be their selling point.

My parents hated the word "Learn a Trade". Na so so "Go to school, finish top in your class & get a good paying job"
If I knew then what I know now, I would have combined learning a trade with schooling & that's why I have started encouraging my kids from a tender age to identify any skilled work they would be comfortable with & start learning. Learning can be fun & it doesn't stop them from going to school. Who knows? They may excel in their skilled work & use it to good advantage.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by laura8: 7:10am On Jun 06, 2018
If she were on nairaland... I would tell her to encourage her brother to go out..and acquire a skill..
I hope the poor boy does not become lost..with some Nigerian parents you just have to develop a thick skin..

1 Like

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by folake4u(f): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2018
blackbelt:
I hate comparisons, to be honest, I lose all love for the person that compares us and at extreme cases, who I'm being compared with

I hate that sh1t as well. It's very annoying and heartbreaking at the same time.
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by folake4u(f): 7:16am On Jun 06, 2018
My mum wanted to force her career on me when I was still in secondary school. Whoosai! I no gree.

I entered university and she is still warning me to come out with First Class like she did.

African parents need to have a re-orientation at parenting.

Gosh!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by rozayx5(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2018
many parents have turned their children who would have made millions following their passion

into file pushers and slaves in useless banks and firms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Afec1000givers: 7:23am On Jun 06, 2018
The guy should go and get busy doing something instead of staying at home wasting time with parent.I left my parent at 17 after a year i became tenant of one bedroom flat. I also fund my university education without my parent.Today i'm the family hero.

1 Like

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by emperorblog1995: 7:27am On Jun 06, 2018
same here also staying under rhe same roof with your parent will be a disaster. cant beleive when,mum ask me for money and i told her i dont have, she start comparing me,with a guy in the university that come bk to give his parent money. did she know the work the guy hos doing, NO did they know if hes truly in school NO

african parent need to change there view and mode of thinking

btw call or whatsapp for your 08120292561 WEB
DESIGN AND ONLINE PROMOTION
email aayanpoju@gmail.com
www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by mimimile93: 8:11am On Jun 06, 2018
correctbae:
A young lady has taken to her twitter handle @okemzuruoke to voice out her anger and displeasure about the way her parents are putting much pressure on her junior brother who is yet to gain admission into the university. According to her post, her brother is the first son of the family and as such, much us been expected. She revealed how he has been labeled a failure because he repeated classes and his younger ones caught up with him.

Read full tweets:

I'm literally sick and tired of coming home every time to witness the mental torture my parents put my brother through because he's written UTME twice and didn't get admitted.

Can't wait to start working and get an apartment of my own so I can move in with my young man and help him escape all this rubbish.

This was a boy that grew up with ADHD without a support system to back him up. Took him going to a boarding school to gain some balance and assert himself. Was unbelievably top of his class.

And every now and then he suffers reproof and public shaming because he never seems to be enough. He's literally become a shadow of himself. No friends, no social life, nothing.

Imagine constantly being reminded that you're a useless first son bc you repeated three classes and your younger sister has caught up with you. Or being compared to your peers who are ahead of you. Every. Single. Day.

I lost 16 kg in less than a year bc of this. Went from 79 to 63 kg bc I had to spend one more depressing year at home feeling like a failure bc i wasn't admitted into uni.

Everyday I look at my brother all I see is a young man struggling so hard to get out of a sunken place. He tells me the only time he is truly happy is when I'm around. How much do you have to hate your home for you to not want to be there?

I honestly don't know who it was that added insulting comparisons, mental/verbal abuse and degradation to the list of parenting skills. I don't understand why you need to walk the path of torturing your own child in order to pass a message.

We're always very quick to eulogise our parents, which isn't a bad thing. But we should also be swift to admit when they get things entirely wrong.

A lot of us are going to reenact the bad parenting we experienced in the hands of our parents to our own kids bc we saw nothing wrong with it.

No. Sift out those traits and vow to never have them repeated with your offspring. Never.

Source: https://correctbae.ng/2018/06/05/lady-raises-alarm-over-the-academic-pressures-and-public-shaming-her-parents-put-on-her-brother-who-is-seeking-admission-to-the-university/
This girl is stylishly advertising herself to potential suitors..

If you know you know.
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2018
I wrote waec 4 times and I almost took my life, I was/am very brilliant, but for some reason I felt waec had my name in their database to fail me in English.
Same thing happened in my home.
What I did was I registered for morning and evening lesson and was committed to it, I was happy again cos it bought me time away from home, I regained my peace of mind and confidence outside my home sadly... I passed every damn thing that year.
It also made me to be eshin in year1, cos I was prepared, las las I graduated with a nice 2.1, my parents are now the one proud of me, telling everyone I came out with a good result.
Lesson learnt, it was all for a reason, if I had entered school b4 the appointed time I would have failed woefully cos I was very unserious then true true, I entered school with this hatred for failure. I never wanted to fail ever again.
Let him just fashi there insults and double his hussle.

P.s I just finished serving I am yet to get a job for now, any kind hearted NLder can help me out. Tech savvy and all, Lagos and Abuja thanks.
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by olamiide327(m): 8:40am On Jun 06, 2018
correctbae:
A young lady has taken to her twitter handle @okemzuruoke to voice out her anger and displeasure about the way her parents are putting much pressure on her junior brother who is yet to gain admission into the university. According to her post, her brother is the first son of the family and as such, much us been expected. She revealed how he has been labeled a failure because he repeated classes and his younger ones caught up with him.

Read full tweets:

I'm literally sick and tired of coming home every time to witness the mental torture my parents put my brother through because he's written UTME twice and didn't get admitted.

Can't wait to start working and get an apartment of my own so I can move in with my young man and help him escape all this rubbish.

This was a boy that grew up with ADHD without a support system to back him up. Took him going to a boarding school to gain some balance and assert himself. Was unbelievably top of his class.

And every now and then he suffers reproof and public shaming because he never seems to be enough. He's literally become a shadow of himself. No friends, no social life, nothing.

Imagine constantly being reminded that you're a useless first son bc you repeated three classes and your younger sister has caught up with you. Or being compared to your peers who are ahead of you. Every. Single. Day.

I lost 16 kg in less than a year bc of this. Went from 79 to 63 kg bc I had to spend one more depressing year at home feeling like a failure bc i wasn't admitted into uni.

Everyday I look at my brother all I see is a young man struggling so hard to get out of a sunken place. He tells me the only time he is truly happy is when I'm around. How much do you have to hate your home for you to not want to be there?

I honestly don't know who it was that added insulting comparisons, mental/verbal abuse and degradation to the list of parenting skills. I don't understand why you need to walk the path of torturing your own child in order to pass a message.

We're always very quick to eulogise our parents, which isn't a bad thing. But we should also be swift to admit when they get things entirely wrong.

A lot of us are going to reenact the bad parenting we experienced in the hands of our parents to our own kids bc we saw nothing wrong with it.

No. Sift out those traits and vow to never have them repeated with your offspring. Never.

Source: https://correctbae.ng/2018/06/05/lady-raises-alarm-over-the-academic-pressures-and-public-shaming-her-parents-put-on-her-brother-who-is-seeking-admission-to-the-university/
with the psychological trauma they putting on him.. they better pray he doesn't get admitted in the hospital rather than the university.

1 Like

Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by SAMBARRY: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Many Nigerian parents are the architects of their children's predicament especially in terms of career. They feel they know what's best for the child already without studying the child.

A child that has flair for Mathematics will be asked to study law because his father has law firms and several legal establishments.

Our problem for Nigeria plenty. Most myopic parents feel that if their children didn't study Medicine, Law they can't make it life

And so they keep pressurizing their children to go their way.

Another thing is comparison. Most, Parents compare their children with other children. "Look at Michael he'll be 16 by December and he is in 200level already"

Bullshit.

☣ ☠

mental and emotional abuse is real in african child trainning.parents dont care about the feelings and thoughts of the child.they just want to have their way in everything especially if youre born into a family obsessed with academics.

Most children of the 80s and early 90s had no cjoice than to tolerate the verbal abuse and trauma.some used marriage as an escape route or jobs.this os the unfortunate reality of being born in africa with itk opinionated ,rigid african parents
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by SAMBARRY: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2018
mimimile93:

This girl is stylishly advertising herself to potential suitors..

If you know you know.
what a myopic narrow minded child.when will you have sense.so you just found a way of twisting her discomfort for the way her brother was treated to marriage.sicko
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by newslifeop: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2018
hmmm
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by SAMBARRY: 9:21am On Jun 06, 2018
folake4u:
My mum wanted to force her career on me when I was still in secondary school. Whoosai! I no gree.

I entered university and she is still warning me to come out with First Class like she did.

African parents need to have a re-orientation at parenting.

Gosh!
them no go gree.by virtue of the fact that this is africa and an olDer person is errneously believed to be wiser is why they will never have a reorientation
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by SAMBARRY: 9:26am On Jun 06, 2018
Authoreety:
They will say they are doin all that oit of love!

Lollss grin
they call it ija ife.very neauseating.ive had my own fair share though
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Nairalandguru(m): 9:35am On Jun 06, 2018
like say u don get another source ba?
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by folake4u(f): 10:16am On Jun 06, 2018
SAMBARRY:
them no go gree.by virtue of the fact that this is africa and an olDer person is errneously believed to be wiser is why they will never have a reorientation

Yeah, you're right.

But we owe our future children the duty to change that orientation and mindset
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by SAMBARRY: 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
folake4u:

Yeah, you're right.

But we owe our future children the duty to change that orientation and mindset
true
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
Mrmourinho:

oga where is the proof and hw was ur waec result
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
grin
Emzyme:
Lol, tell him to come live with my parents, he would knw he has been enjoying life since. He even repeated nd he hasn't comitted suicide since,
grin
Emzyme:
Re: Lady Raises Alarm Over Academic Pressures Her Parents Put On Her Brother by mechanics(m): 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
He should never give up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway / A Surrogate Mother Needed / Please I Need A Romantic Name To Call My Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.