Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Does True Love Really Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does True Love Really Exist? (545 Views)

Does true love really exist? / True Love Really Exist See How Teenage Boy Flaunts His Fat Overweight Girlfriend / Wait, Does True Love Even Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does True Love Really Exist? by desmond2pk: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
He just left my office now with N1k which was the only cash I had with me.
I once stayed in his hotel in Aguda, surulere. He was known as a big guy in those days.
He and his wife would come to my room to settle fight whenever me and my girl friend was having issues.
They always leave us with kind advises that it was the Devil that causes whatever problem we were having. They were staying at the penthouse above me so it was easy for them to hear our voices.
They had 3 kids and the were all growing up. The first was about to get admission in unilag. Some years later, I heard that all were in unilag. But he used to pick them from school every afternoon when I was still living in the hotel which he converted to residential. It was a nice place for young people.
I left the place in 2003 for a 3 bedroom flat but I maintained friendship with the family.
"Chairman" as he was called was a nice man who has touched money when he was young. Unfortunately, he couldn't manage his funds properly but he was wise enough to invest in properties. So he sold some of his properties to send his kids to universities.
His lovely wife also had a shop in lagos island which she later lost to fire out break.
Now in his late 60s, chairman is getting old but strong. The few times I ran into him, I was impressed on his health and mental smartness. But he wasn't looking good. His cloths were old and worn out. He often carry nylon with him. You would believe that this man ever had a car talkless of a hotel in surulere.
I placed him on monthly salary of 5k monthly. He told me how his two daughters graduated, working now but do not give him any money. He said his wife brainwashed them to abandon him. He now stays somewhere around Ayobo.
When the going was good, he bought a property with his wife's name. Now his wife has occupied the property without letting him in and without sharing the proceeds she gets from tenants with him. It was pathetic. His only wife and his only kids.
After his story, I was heart broken. I knew them and I was close to them. I know how close they were. I know how the man loved his kids and cared for them.
Though, I am yet to see the wife to hear her own part of the story but it pains me that this man was treated this way by his one and only wife whom he spent his youth together.
He told me a lot of sad things which his wife said to him. I began to ask myself " does true love really exist?
Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
Yes, true love exists. One man's ill luck can't denounce it.

2 Likes

Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
First test her to see if she'll stay when the going is tough after all marriage is for better or worse.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
many men/women are sleeping with demons and they are clueless about it... the above type of story happens everyday/everywhere around the world, because sadly many people are desperate to find love, and sadly hook up with demons in human form.

you dont value love when the going is good, the only way to value LOVE is when you are down and out. thats when the true picture of your r/ship will be visible.

YES, true love exist, and you certainly shouldnt believe that because 2 people are happy together TODAY, that it means that is true love.

1 Like

Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by ubunja(m): 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
under Feminism true love doesnt exist
Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Na wah.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by LordKO(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
Sad! Well, true love exist. However, don't expect it where there's no altruism and loyalty.

6 Likes

Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by 12spices(m): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
True love in dis buhari regime undecided who get d tym undecided
Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by madridguy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
This is so touching. Though I don't know the man but I felt for him.
Re: Does True Love Really Exist? by anibirelawal(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
Life is full of unpredictable events.

So Pathetic, This is beyond a FALSE or TRUE LOVE, there should be more to that.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Mother & Daughter Cutest Pictures / 5 Years Railway Engineering Scholarship In China / How Can A Couple Deal With Vaginismus Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.