Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Only Yorubas Care About June 12 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Yorubas Care About June 12 (2487 Views)

Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? / President Tinubu Giving Juicy Appointments To Only Yorubas - APC Group (PCAN) / Nnamdi Kanu Reveal More Details About June 20, Biafra March For Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
I want to make bold the argument that the political saga known as "June 12th" only resonates with Yorubas. No other ethnic group really cares about it. I know for a fact that we Igbos don't hold June 12th with any regard.

I have no problem with the FG designating June 12th as a historical event, however, it is not a national event since it only resonates with only one ethnic group

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by DeLaRue: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
It is now a nationall event.

After the 1st October Independence day, June 12 will become the second most celebrated non-religious holiday in Nigeria.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Guestlander: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:
I want to make bold the argument that the political saga known as "June 12th" only resonates with Yorubas. No other ethnic group really cares about it. I know for a fact that we Igbos don't hold June 12th with any regard.

I have no problem with the FG designating June 12th as a historical event, however, it is not a national event since it only resonates with only one ethnic group

If a presidential election was not a national event then what is? Your only problem is tribalism as people like you tend to view everything through the prism of ethnicity. I bet it would be a national event for you if the people involved were igbo.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Throwback: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:

That you don't regard it and it does not resonate with you, shows that you do not even deserve the democracy that allows you to be wailers.

On any June 12 public holiday, go and force private corporations and government offices to open in the SouthEast.

Did the termination of democracy in 1993 not affect the democratic governors in the SouthEast?

Did it not affect SouthEast state legislators and federal legislators who were already in office before the annulled presidential elections?

Did Ezeife in Anambra and Nwodo in Enugu remain in office as democratic governor after Abacha took over, because June 12 annulment only affected Yorubas?

That you so easily abandoned the struggle that was national and made it a Yoruba problem, and embraced military dictatorship, is why every other tribe took the back seat to allow only Yorubas contest the 1999 presidential election.

Does Sallah public holiday resonate in the SouthEast that is Christian? Do you force yourself to work even when your employer says you should stay at home for Sallah?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Guestlander:

If a presidential election was not a national event then what is?

A presidential election conducted 25 years ago may have been a national event at the time, but not today

Your only problem is tribalism as people like you tend to view everything through the prism of ethnicity. I bet it would be a national event for you if the people involved were igbo.

So you don't know that everyone in Nigeria sees things from the prism of ethnicity? That's why June 12th is a "Yoruba event" and not a national event

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Guestlander: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:

A presidential election conducted 25 years ago may have been a national event at the time, but not today

So you don't know that everyone in Nigeria sees things from the prism of ethnicity? That's why June 12th is a "Yoruba event" and not a national event

Is there a statue of limitations on what can be regarded as a national event? Why is July 4th 1776 still being celebrated yearly in the United States.
Where's is your rational mind when you allow tribalism to cloud your judgment?

11 Likes

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
Throwback:

That you don't regard it and it does not resonate with you, shows that you do not even deserve the democracy that allows you to be wailers.

On any June 12 public holiday, go and force private corporations and government offices to open in the SouthEast.

Did the termination of democracy in 1993 not affect the democratic governors in the SouthEast?

Did it not affect SouthEast state legislators and federal legislators who were already in office before the annulled presidential elections?

Did Ezeife in Anambra and Nwodo in Enugu remain in office as democratic governor after Abacha took over, because June 12 annulment only affected Yorubas?

Does Sallah public holiday resonate in the SouthEast that is Christian? Do you force yourself to work even when your employer says you should stay at home for Sallah?

Don't make me laugh. June 12 is a Yoruba ethnic thing. You actually think there is any Igbo man out there who gives a hoot if MKO was unjustly denied his mandate? MKO was always a nobody in Igbo land.

June 12th being designated Democracy day is not because of the Military coup that followed it. June 12th is all about MKO's robbed mandate.

Outside Yoruba land, nobody today cares that MKO's mandate was robbed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Throwback: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:

Don't make me laugh. June 12 is a Yoruba ethnic thing. You actually think there is any Igbo man out there who gives a hoot if MKO was unjustly denied his mandate? MKO was always a nobody in Igbo land.

June 12th being designated Democracy day is not because of the Military coup that followed it. June 12th is all about MKO's robbed mandate.

You honestly think any Nigerian cares what the Igbo care to regard as heroic or not? If you chose to abandon it to the Yorubas to fight for democracy for the rest of Nigeria, are you not ashamed of yourself?

Did the military not come in due to the crises that resulted from that annulment?

Did democracy remain in Igboland after the military had halted it in every other part of Nigeria?

Did democracy not return based on the consistent struggles to actualize the June 12 national mandate?

So why are you rejoicing that you as a people do not regard June 12? You should be shedding tears of shame.

Did the government consult you now before doing what is right?
So why then are you disturbing yourself when you are already not reckoned with?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
Guestlander:

Is there a statue of limitations on what can be regarded as a national event? Why is July 4th 1776 is still being celebrated yearly in the United States.
Where's is your rational mind is you allow tribalism to cloud your judgment?

Don't use the United States as an example, it is a country of immigrants and not indigenous people.

Nigeria is a country of indigenous people such as Igbo, Ijaw, Bini and so on. June 12th is a Yoruba ethnic event that has been moved to a national event by Buhari in a desperate bid to get Yoruba votes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Guestlander: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:

Olisa Agbakoba was a leading figure in the struggle to restore Abiola's mandate.

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Throwback:

You honestly think any Nigerian cares what the Igbo care to regard as heroic or not? If you chose to abandon it to the Yorubas to fight for democracy for the rest of Nigeria, are you not ashamed of yourself?

Did the military not come in due to the crises that resulted from that annulment?

Did democracy remain in Igboland after the military had halted it in every other part of Nigeria?

Did democracy not return based on the consistent struggles to actualize the June 12 national mandate?

So why are you rejoicing that you as a people do not regard June 12? You should be shedding tears of shame.

So why then are you disturbing yourself when your are already not reckoned with?

Why would I be shedding tears that a Yoruba man like MKO lost his mandate to the Military? You think any Yoruba would have shed a tear if it had been an Igbo man? That June 12 caused the Military to scrap democracy all over Nigeria is no argument, the Military did not need the excuse of June 12 to take over from civilians in 1966 and 1983.

The truth is that Buhari knows he is not getting any vote from the SE/SS in 2019 and upgraded a "Yoruba Holiday" called June 12 to a national holiday in a desperate bid to get votes from the SW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Kyase(m): 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:

I do

5 Likes

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
Guestlander:

If a presidential election was not a national event then what is? Your only problem is tribalism as people like you tend to view everything through the prism of ethnicity. I bet it would be a national event for you if the people involved were igbo.

your argument holds no water.....

The OP is right
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Throwback:

That you so easily abandoned the struggle that was national and made it a Yoruba problem, and embraced military dictatorship, is why every other tribe took the back seat to allow only Yorubas contest the 1999 presidential election.

whenever I read trash....i know one.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Throwback:

So why then are you disturbing yourself when your are already not reckoned with?

OK fine, enjoy ur June 12

I can't waste a whole day for such nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Guestlander:

Olisa Agbakoba was a leading figure in the struggle to restore Abiola's mandate.

Ok
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
Kyase:
I do
Olaniyi I know u...
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Kyase(m): 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mayrock:

Olaniyi I know u...
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Reminez(m): 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mayrock:

OK fine, enjoy ur June 12

I can't waste a whole day for such nonsense.
This osu jewdas has been in pains since yesterday. Get well soon

6 Likes

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Reminez:
This osu jewdas has been in pains since yesterday. Get well soon
who be this olaniyi

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by intruxive(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
Throwback:

So why then are you disturbing yourself when you are already not reckoned with?
Bro, you are wasting your time in a dialogue with someone with no sense. Its just sad that its this very shallow and senseless bunch that seem to be leading their public presence now from that region. They are loud and dumb and are actually making a mess of their entire tribe. Its so sad, namdi azikwe will be rolling in his grave right now cry

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by gssdobi: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:

.if u live in a glass house don't throw stone. If you care less about the death of another, then what moral rights do you have expecting Nigerians to care about Biafra?. Children of hate indeed!. Biafra then is an ibo thing Pls stop disturbing our peace over a war you started and lost.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Omololu007(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
kingzizzy:

now that June 12 has been made a national holiday, what will you yeebos do about it?

May 30 that was declared a national holiday in the south east by iPod a lot of your coward governors kicked against it and threaten people that do not go to work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by CilicMarin: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by SalamRushdie: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
June 12 is a sacrosanct date in the history of Nigerian Democracy man because it is considered the most free and fair election till date before it was annulled ..another sacrosanct date is democracy and destiny destruction day of 1983 when Buhari truncated Nigeria's growing democracy out of stupidity and his penchant for disregarding the rule of law and it was that singular coup that made Nigeria to miss catching up with the Asian tigers today

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Alejoc(m): 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Well this myopic view of yours isn't going to take you far in life!
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
gssdobi:
.if u live in a glass house don't throw stone. If you care less about the death of another, then what moral rights do you have expecting Nigerians to care about Biafra?. Children of hate indeed!. Biafra then is an ibo thing Pls stop disturbing our peace over a war you started and lost.

Nigerians are not supposed to care about Biafra. It is because Nigeria cares too much about Biafra that they are fighting civil wars and sending Python dance.

Most non Yorubas don't care about June 12. On June 12, people will have their holiday not caring about the essence of June 12

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by selemempe: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
Throwback:

ogbeni dont talk nonsense. Other tribes were forced by the northern military to take the back seat in 1999. The reason is simple...the north see nigeria as a 3 region nation (even up till now). Basically there is east west and north. They know for a fact that they must never allow east and west to unite..as it would massively threaten their hegemony...so they have chosen the west as their southern ally. In 1999 they needed to keep the west happy..thats all.
The west has made themselves willing tools to north since 1967.
But come o...why do u think abiola's mandate was cancelled? It was cancelled because the powers that control the north were not ready to allow power into the hands of a radical yorobaman. They prefer u play 2nd fidel...they prefer the entire south play 2nd fidle
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Guestlander: 10:34am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by ba7man(m): 11:14am On Jun 08, 2018
kingzizzy:

Well,we've forced our opinion on the whole nation now.

What are you going to do about it??
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by ariesbull: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2018
ba7man:
Well,we've forced our opinion on the whole nation now.

What are you going to do about it??

You didn't force it .. it was a move to make up for your votes in future elections and also mess your brother Obasanjo up and embarras him in front of your people because they know that you would ask him ...why didn't you make June 12 a public holidays
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by ba7man(m): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2018
ariesbull:

You didn't force it .. it was a move to make up for your votes in future elections and also mess your brother Obasanjo up and embarras him in front of your people because they know that you would ask him ...why didn't you make June 12 a public holidays
We've been screaming this for years, we got it.

It won't put money in our pockets but it's psychological effect will go round the Southwest.

We get what we want.

If the Southwest takes charge of actualization of Biafra, it will happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Told PDP About Sambo Being A Potential Sellout -dr Danfulani / Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity / Coronavirus: Virus Come Una No See Am- Rude Boy(paul Okoye) Mock Nigeria Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.