Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Only Yorubas Care About June 12 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Yorubas Care About June 12 (2522 Views)

Are There ONLY Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland? Where Is Everyone Else? / President Tinubu Giving Juicy Appointments To Only Yorubas - APC Group (PCAN) / Nnamdi Kanu Reveal More Details About June 20, Biafra March For Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by gurnam: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2018
kingzizzy:
I want to make bold the argument that the political saga known as "June 12th" only resonates with Yorubas. No other ethnic group really cares about it. I know for a fact that we Igbos don't hold June 12th with any regard.

I have no problem with the FG designating June 12th as a historical event, however, it is not a national event since it only resonates with only one ethnic group

Typical Ibo man! Envy, hatred, anger and betrayal all roll into one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by gurnam: 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
ariesbull:

You didn't force it .. it was a move to make up for your votes in future elections and also mess your brother Obasanjo up and embarras him in front of your people because they know that you would ask him ...why didn't you make June 12 a public holidays

Lol, see the contradiction in your post, vile will not make you see it anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
ba7man:
Well,we've forced our opinion on the whole nation now.

What are you going to do about it??

When the June 12th comes, me and my fellow Igbos will enjoy our holiday not remembering who MKO is.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by aribisala0(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
kingzizzy:

Don't make me laugh. June 12 is a Yoruba ethnic thing. You actually think there is any Igbo man out there who gives a hoot if MKO was unjustly denied his mandate? MKO was always a nobody in Igbo land.

June 12th being designated Democracy day is not because of the Military coup that followed it. June 12th is all about MKO's robbed mandate.

Outside Yoruba land, nobody today cares that MKO's mandate was robbed
Eboes are not relevant in Nigeria. BITTER truth.

What they think is irrelevant.

The decision has beed made by aFulani man.

Remember we have two ruling houses in Nigeria : Fulani in the North and Yoruba in the South
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
aribisala0:
Eboes are not relevant in Nigeria. BITTER truth.

What they think is irrelevant.

The decision has beed made by aFulani man.

Remember we have two ruling houses in Nigeria : Fulani in the North and Yoruba in the South

The two ruling houses that have messed up Nigeria for the last 50 years
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Roger3D(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
DeLaRue:
It is now a nationall event.

After the 1st October Independence day, June 12 will become the second most celebrated non-religious holiday in Nigeria.

I like it for very selfish reasons, it's my birthday grin grin
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Grayxme: 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
Only the Yoruba's seem to care then about June 12th because they alone know its importance. This is a day that symbolizes true Democracy. So I support that it should be considered as a national celebration....Kudos to Mr. President for the great honor embedded on the late MKO Abiola...He sure deserves it.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
Grayxme:
Only the Yoruba's seem to care then about June 12th because they alone know its importance. This is a day that symbolizes true Democracy. So I support that it should be considered as a national celebration....Kudos to Mr. President for the great honor embedded on the late MKO Abiola...He sure deserves it.

Let us hear word. Would Yorubas have remembered June 12th if MKO had been an Igbo man?

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
kingzizzy:

The two ruling houses that have messed up Nigeria for the last 50 years

When eboes had an inch it led to a civil war and avoidable death of your kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

When eboes had an inch it led to a civil war and avoidable death of your kinsmen

But it is you Nigerians that came to the East to fight after Igbos had gone their way
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
kingzizzy:

But it is you Nigerians that came to the East to fight after Igbos had gone their way

Nigeria only came to defend its territorial integrity and it won. cool

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

It's territorial integrity? Really? And they told you that war is the only to defend territorial integrity? Why didn't Nigeria keep to the Aburi agreement and there would have been no territorial intergrity to defend?
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by ariesbull: 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
ba7man:
We've been screaming this for years, we got it.

It won't put money in our pockets but it's psychological effect will go round the Southwest.

We get what we want.

If the Southwest takes charge of actualization of Biafra, it will happen.

Let the psychological effect put food on the table and remove the urchins from the street and also don't forget to vote him back failure to do that ..you would be seen as an ungrateful

Have these in mind

Thank you
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
kingzizzy:

It's territorial integrity? Really? And they told you that war is the only to defend territorial integrity? Why didn't Nigeria keep to the Aburi agreement and there would have been no territorial intergrity to defend?
F$ck Aburi accord. As the boss, Nigeria defends what's rightfully its own
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kingzizzy: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:
F$ck Aburi accord. As the boss, Nigeria defends what's rightfully its own

Which was to defend the territory Lugard put together in 1914?
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
kingzizzy:

Which was to defend the territory Lugard put together in 1914?
Yup. You got that right.

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Bane2020: 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:
Yup. You got that right.
You just further keep exposing how stupid you sound when you try to make sense, just shoot yourself already cause you are a waste of existence.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bane2020:

You just further keep exposing how stupid you sound when you try to make sense, just shoot yourself already cause you are a waste of existence.

You ran out of sense and resorted to the familiar. Nonsense

Lmao. Typical grin
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Bane2020: 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

Well you got your wish, one Nigeria yeah? ... So don't complain when Igbos flood into Lagos (their new conquered territory in the spirit of One Nigeria), and rightfully claim it as No man's Land, every part of yorubaland is now conquered territory... Fulani have usurped Kwara and made it their permanent emirate, Osogbo, Ogun and the rest of yorubaland is been bought over by Igbo tenants, Lagos is now the beautiful bride which every Nigerian is collectively "fu#&ing". One Nigeria it is.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bane2020:

Well you got your wish, one Nigeria yeah? ... So don't complain when Igbos flood into Lagos (their new conquered territory in the spirit of One Nigeria), and rightfully claim it as No man's Land, every part of yorubaland is now conquered territory... Fulani have usurped Kwara and made it their permanent emirate, Osogbo, Ogun and the rest of yorubaland is been bought over by Igbo tenants, Lagos is now the beautiful bride which every Nigerian is collectively "fu#&ing". One Nigeria it is.

As long as you are within legal bounds, you are free to pursue your happiness anywhere especially if your indigenous area isn't prosperous.

2 Likes

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by ba7man(m): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
ariesbull:

Let the psychological effect put food on the table and remove the urchins from the street and also don't forget to vote him back failure to do that ..you would be seen as an ungrateful

Have these in mind

Thank you
The same way the mass psychological effect of the civil war make a lot of your peeps see themselves as victims, oppressed and in bondage (meanwhile you're free), its the same way the Yoruba street urchin and the educated see their voices as important.

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by ariesbull: 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
ba7man:
The same way the mass psychological effect of the civil war make a lot of your peeps see themselves as victims, oppressed and in bondage (meanwhile you're free), its the same way the Yoruba street urchin and the educated see their voices as important.

Hypocrisy..yet una no wan make them name UniLag his name

Yoruba man....talking with both sides of mouth
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Bane2020: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

As long as you are within legal bounds, you are free to pursue your happiness anywhere especially if your indigenous area isn't prosperous.
A failure like you isn't in a position to determine the metric of prosperity, its an insult to any discerning mind.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bane2020:

A failure like you isn't in a position to determine the metric of prosperity, its an insult to any discerning mind.

Prospects in the country are pretty much concentrated in one area of the country. The South West.

The civil war ensured that rather than your lots being economic refugees littering the country. You are free citizens that can pursue your liberty and happiness anywhere in the country. grin

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Bane2020: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

Prospects in the country are pretty much concentrated in one area of the country. The South West.

The civil war ensured that rather than your lots being economic refugees littering the country. You are free citizens that can pursue your liberty and happiness anywhere in the country. grin
Lol you are a special kind of stupid honestly, what does the SW have? Apart from Lagos which is what it is for obvious reasons which SW slum can compare on any indices of development to the SE? the sustainability index is there to see, you guys just overhype yourselves for nothing, albeit vain gloriously. Just to be clear here, the ONLY reason you see Igbos in your glorified village of a region just as much as any part of Nigeria and the world is because we are by nature an adventurous people who will seek and establish business opportunities just anywhere, even if it were in the remotest village somewhere in Bida, Niger state.
And aren't you ashamed that a region that went through the most devastating war in Nigeria still beats your region hands down? You take cheap shots at Igbos who went through 3 years of genocide, prior to the war it was a known fact that the Eastern region was far ahead of the rest of Nigeria... yet despite post war attempts by the Nigerian government to reduce the East to a beggarly status, we rose above the institutionalized marginalizations and built ourselves up again :thanks no less to the natural Igbo resilience. I always maintain that is the SW had gone through a QUARTER of what Igbos went through, you guys won't be any different from Sudan or some depraved and neglected population zero.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bane2020:

Lol you are a special kind of stupid honestly, what does the SW have? Apart from Lagos which is what it is for obvious reasons which SW slum can compare on any indices of development to the SE? the sustainability index is there to see, you guys just overhype yourselves for nothing, albeit vain gloriously. Just to be clear here, the ONLY reason you see Igbos in your glorified village of a region just as much as any part of Nigeria and the world is because we are by nature an adventurous people who will seek and establish business opportunities just anywhere, even if it were in the remotest village somewhere in Bida, Niger state.
And aren't you ashamed that a region that went through the most devastating war in Nigeria still beats your region hands down? You take cheap shots at Igbos who went through 3 years of genocide, prior to the war it was a known fact that the Eastern region was far ahead of the rest of Nigeria... yet despite post war attempts by the Nigerian government to reduce the East to a beggarly status, we rose above the institutionalized marginalizations and built ourselves up again :thanks no less to the natural Igbo resilience. I always maintain that is the SW had gone through a QUARTER of what Igbos went through, you guys won't be any different from Sudan or some depraved and neglected population zero.

Necessity is the mother of all migrations. Try explaining away your need for mass migrations and I won't even bother with a rebuttal. The reason is obvious to everyone. Just thank benevolent Nigeria for giving you the opportunity to live as free men in the country. And the tired reasoning of removing Lagos is beyond hilarious.

Tell your sob war stories to historians that care. Next time, don't try and bite the hands that feed you or better still, try and fight within your level of competence. Pathetic loser. Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Bane2020: 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

Necessity is the mother of all migrations. Try explaining away your need for mass migrations and I won't even bother with a rebuttal. The reason is obvious to eveyone. Just thank Nigeria for giving you the opportunity to live as free men in the country. And the tired reasoning of removing Lagos is beyond hilarious.

Tell your sob war stories to historians that care. Next time, don't try and bite the hands that feed you or try to fight within your competence level. Pathetic. Lmao grin grin grin
Thank Nigeria for what? Lmaoooo dude I don't even stay in your junkyard of a country, what the fu. cck should be I grateful to Nigeria for? for been the third world corrupt ridden hovel that it is? Nah I renounce that in Jesus name, I even claim to be Ghanaian out here.

Lol won't even bother trying to educate a simpleton like you, keep basking in your misnomer of a pea sized brain that necessity is the indices of mass migration, even my 12 year old brother who is evidently far more intelligent than you understands the basics of migration given the factors, size, economic reasons, and the simple "push and pull" concept, I'm even losing brain cells in my needless attempts at condescending to your warped level of reasoning, I blame your dad for not doing a better job of using a condom when he met your mom.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Igboid: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
Well, June 12 is nothing more than a Yoruba day, but I guess civil servants wouldn't mind if government create 50 more Yoruba days, as it would afford them the opportunity to rest.
Other than Yorubas and Civil servants, I don't really see any other ethnic block attached to June 12, but it's alright.

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
Throwback:

That you don't regard it and it does not resonate with you, shows that you do not even deserve the democracy that allows you to be wailers.

On any June 12 public holiday, go and force private corporations and government offices to open in the SouthEast.

Did the termination of democracy in 1993 not affect the democratic governors in the SouthEast?

Did it not affect SouthEast state legislators and federal legislators who were already in office before the annulled presidential elections?

Did Ezeife in Anambra and Nwodo in Enugu remain in office as democratic governor after Abacha took over, because June 12 annulment only affected Yorubas?

That you so easily abandoned the struggle that was national and made it a Yoruba problem, and embraced military dictatorship, is why every other tribe took the back seat to allow only Yorubas contest the 1999 presidential election.

Does Sallah public holiday resonate in the SouthEast that is Christian? Do you force yourself to work even when your employer says you should stay at home for Sallah?
u av Mordred him already...don't kno why dis sets of tribes are full of hate & bitterness
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by kayfra: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bane2020:

Thank Nigeria for what? Lmaoooo dude I don't even stay in your junkyard of a country, what the fu. cck should be I grateful to Nigeria for? for been the third world corrupt ridden hovel that it is? Nah I renounce that in Jesus name, I even claim to be Ghanaian out here.

Lol won't even bother trying to educate a simpleton like you, keep basking in your misnomer of a pea sized brain that necessity is the indices of mass migration, even my 12 year old brother who is evidently far more intelligent than you understands the basics of migration given the factors, size, economic reasons, and the simple "push and pull" concept, I'm even losing brain cells in my needless attempts at condescending to your warped level of reasoning, I blame your dad for not doing a better job of using a condom when he met your mom.

Aww. You've been resorting to insults ever since and like a true eboe you beat your chest for achieving a generation long dream of living abroad. What next? Will you post your 401k balance? Lmao Lmao grin

If you're an ingrate, I am sure your grandparents appreciate the kindness Nigeria showed them. They are appreciative of the gesture and good will which gives you the freedom to rant online. Your lineage could have died off you know? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by ba7man(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
ariesbull:

Hypocrisy..yet una no wan make them name UniLag his name

Yoruba man....talking with both sides of mouth
See the razz name sef.......MAULAG. grin

How you expect the students to feel with such an ogogoro inspired name??

That GEJ no guy at all.
Re: Only Yorubas Care About June 12 by Bane2020: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

Aww. You've been resorting to insults ever since and like a true eboe you beat your chest for achieving a generation long dream of living abroad. What next? Will you post your 401k balance? Lmao Lmao grin

If you're an ingrate, I am sure your grandparents appreciate the kindness Nigeria showed them. They are appreciative of the gesture and good will which gives you the freedom to rant online. Your lineage could have died off you know? grin grin grin
Lmaoo why I'm I even wasting my time with this inconsequential prat, do have yourself a good day son.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Alleged Third Wife Takes Over Trader Moni, Others From VP Osinbajo / Orji Kalu Reportedly Speaks From Prison, Tells Visitor How He Eats. / One NIGERIA: Oduduwa Descendants Troop Out En Mass In One Million Man March For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.