Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day (18444 Views)

Senate In Rowdy Session Over Screening Of Festus Keyamo / Atiku, Wike Teams Storm Court Over Legality Of PDP Presidential Primary / Eid-El-Kabir: FG Declares July 11th & 12th as Public Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by emmalezdigital: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
The House of Representatives is currently in commotion as the lawmakers debate the legality or otherwise of having June 12 to be the nation’s democracy day.

President Buhari yesterday announced that May 29th will no longer be the recognised day of democracy but rather June 12th, the day MKO Abiola won the election in 1993, will now be recognised as democracy day.

The matter has been referred to Committees on Justice, Rules and Business, to advice the House for proper decision on the matter.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/06/07/house-of-reps-in-rowdy-session-over-legality-of-june-12th-as-democracy-day/

cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Nwaohafia1: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
See fathers and husbands disgracing themselves.

They are still debating while their counterparts in the Red chambers have accepted it just to be in Buhari's good book.

Senators have asked INEC to announce June 12 result.

At my level and education, i don't celebrate FTC.

I hereby hand over my postion to the guy below

7 Likes

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Follygunners: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
Firstly, Jupiter Thunder fire the guy / FTC above me for handing over what I never asked for... grin

WTF? Nigerians and misplaced prioritizations sha! angry

They'll NEVER create a commotion for the progress of the common poor man neither, the progress of the nation. Instead you'll see them fighting over the dumbest issues like child-bride et al... angry angry

On behalf of the poor, widows / widowers, orphans, hungry, hopeless, helpless, dejected, miserables et al... as a result of all 9ja Politician's activities... May you all NEVER experience peace together with your families schooling and living abroad at our expense! undecided

To HELL with all corrupt Nigerian Politicians... Senators, Ministers, House of Reps, Governors, Commissioners, Top gov't officials, President, VP and all I forget to mention. Special shout-out to Tinubu and Saraki. May you and your generations NEVER experience peace. angry angry angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Sirpaul(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
https://
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by hopilo: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who them break head?
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Ndjones(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
hmmmmmm
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by jolyment: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
We are waiting.
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by kolafolabi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
It would not be rowdy when discussing a vital issue... Noise makers dem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by brenister10: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
I suspect foul play. Is buhari trying to appease the yorubas few months to the election?

And come to think of it, it's a big slap on Obasanjo who for years closed his eyes to June 12

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Celestyn8213: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Na their way

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by oyoyoyo: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
already passed
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by boman2014: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
na bad thing to honour person

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Swiftlee(m): 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari must go

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Baroba(m): 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Looks like a political move, Bubu is trying to corner gather support from the South West for 2019.. We are not stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Monday60655(m): 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
We are waiting patiently
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by package7(m): 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Sai Baba, took them by surprise grin. Eeyah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Newpride(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Does it involve money that pmb didn’t carry them along thus their complain.

It’s done, it’s done. Nothing can change it again.

God bless pmb

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Godsaves18(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
I just want to know please, in case of any eventuality, will June 12 be the new handover date?...Just curious, please someone should enlighten me.
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by megamank(m): 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
See them o....jobless people crying over irrelevant issue as this while people are dying every day.
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by TheUbermensch: 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Obviously these ones are more sensible than the ones in the red chamber.
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Den of criminals!
This is Nigeria!

Meanwhile checkout this video,
When you have parallel distinction in trailer driving!
Damn!
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9xnxoUe0E4[/img]
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by MadeInTokyo: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin grin grin

The Northerners (Abo-kis) are angry with Buhari for Recognising June 12
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by akeentech(m): 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
jolyment:
We are waiting.
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by andymofia(m): 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
lol
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by ZorGBUooeh: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
It's highly illegal.

Democracy day should be the day the military handed power over to civilians not when Abiola declared himself president illegally.

Buhari ad his Apc govt are very confused..Are we celebrating Abiola or democracy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by selfemployed(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
Distraction from impeachment
Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by Buffalowings3(m): 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
Follygunners:
Firstly, Jupiter Thunder fire the guy / FTC above me for handing over what I never asked for... grin

WTF? Nigerians and misplaced prioritizations sha! angry

They'll NEVER create a commotion for the progress of the common poor man neither, the progress of the nation. Instead you'll see them fighting over the dumbest issues like child-bride et al... angry angry

On behalf of the poor, widows / widowers, orphans, hungry, hopeless, helpless, dejected, miserables et al... as a result of all 9ja Politician's activities... May you all NEVER experience peace together with your families schooling and living abroad at our expense! undecided

To HELL with all corrupt Nigerian Politicians... Senators, Ministers, House of Reps, Governors, Commissioners, Top gov't officials, President, VP and all I forget to mention. Special shout-out to Tinubu and Saraki. May you and your generations NEVER experience peace. angry angry angry

Ase wa

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day by RexTramadol1: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
The Senate are cowards, even if you must accept it..... First argue and then draw a conclusion from ur arguments.....

Will dey tell me not one outta 109 has a conflicting view?

Just state d view.... Bring debate and then conclude that the view's claim ain't substantial enough to tackle the president's decision.

Dem jus b lyk igi ewedu.

Anyway me I happy sha cos I be real Afonja Wey enjoy the decision wella.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: APC Plots Takeover Of South-east, South-south / Osinbajo Commissions The 14,444 HA Kano River Irrigation Scheme / Defection: I Am Going Nowhere -ekweremadu Replies APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.