Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? (59637 Views)

Olukayode Ariwoola Born In 1958, Started School In 1959? / I Don't Want To See Nnamdi Kanu In These Clothes Again - Judge Tells DSS / Nnamdi Azikiwe With His Car In 1959 (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by xjiggy: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
The chauffeur inner shirt main main ooo. Naim dem hushpuppi take dey for boss Na ooo
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by harrisonford001: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
When Igbo still get leader with sense, not this bunch of asslickers
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Ojiofor: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Old time When Ndi Igbo had leaders(Zik and Okpara)
Btw,no red caps then o.
Red cap brought corrupt leaders.
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by legba1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
The write up called him nigeria nationalist and till death he remained one.....legend records he visited lagos during the biafra wahala

Those are men who trully luv nigeria...patriots...unlike politiefchians of our time.....
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by demefaboy(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Three weeks Tecno spark k7 for sale, phone clean and in good shape. Selling cause I need cash. 30k and negotiable, all phone accessories are available. WhatsApp/Call 08147042317. Phone location Amuwo-Odofin or Abia

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by BabaO2: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Forget the name of the car.

This is when we have people with common sense.. Not the dunce changing dates like boxers.

☣ ☠

anger and frustration are silent killers
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by vertueptime: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
Cadillac definately

1 Like

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Dirkcoyt: 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
hmmmmm nnamdi is a good boy[url][/url]www.stupidcomment.com.ng
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
see as this photo clear pass all tecno phones combined.
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Scoobiano1991: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
May Almighty God Bless you with more wisdom and Long Life, Amen. True talk somebody
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by enemachris(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
This is the kind of timid luxury life they wanted, that's why they went and inherited unripe independence. embarassed. Nigeria is now like Lagos traffic, we don't if we are moving forward of going backward. sad
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by harridon710(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
Bentle 1952
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Call07034780891: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
Anambra born great Zik of Africa.
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by AnthonyAk(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
hmm didnt realize he was that dark
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by musicwriter(m): 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
Daniel058:
D man gbara onyupaa n'ihe gbasara "Ndị Biafra"

Ihe m nụrụ Ka m n'ekwu

Ihe mere bụ n'oge ahụ, onweghị onye nekwu okwu ike Nigeria. Ihe kacha ha mkpa n'oge ahụ bụ otu ha ga eji napụta ala Africa n'aka ndi ọcha.

2 Likes

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by DavidEsq(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nnamdi Azikiwe was the biggest dreamer of his era.
He wanted to be seen as a Nationalist at the expense of his people.
He was blind to the reality on ground that Nationalism can't exist in Nigeria.

This mumu would have been more celebrated if he first sought to be Zik of Onitsha first before aiming for Zik of Africa.

You gotta start from the roots first.
Ahmadu Bello cared about his people first.
Obafemi Awolowo also.
But oga forgot that charity begins at home and wanted to care for all of Africa.

I strongly believe there's power in Names because many years later, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan made the same mistake Zik made probably because of the Azikiwe in his own name.
Neglecting his people in the South and living to please the Northern Elite.

Right now, I don't care to know what car he drove, because his actions and inactions completely drove a people many miles backward.
My brother, Goodluck no gree bear Azikiwe again o! I just tire as name go get tenure.
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by plessis: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Like the yorubas have obasanjo, we too have a few useless sons... We have Joe igbokwe, rochas etc...

Zik is Our most useless son.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by selemempe: 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This mumu would have been more celebrated if he first sought to be Zik of Onitsha first before aiming for Zik of Africa.

Obafemi Awolowo also.
But oga forgot that charity begins at home and wanted to care for all of Africa.

I strongly believe there's power in Names because many years later, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan made the same mistake Zik made probably because of the Azikiwe in his own name.

Right now, I don't care to know what car he drove, because his actions and inactions completely drove a people many miles backward.
depends on how u see it tho. If others reasoned like him, Nigeria would be Africa's finest...and maybe as good as india or brazil
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by salt1: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Obafemi Awolowo also.

Right now, I don't care to know what care he drove, because his actions and inactions completely drove a people many miles backward.

I actually agree with you.
Zik, like GEJ, wanted to be a Nigerian.
Whenever I drive through Bayelsa I feel angry with GEJ.
What did his people gain from having him as No 1 citizen apart from the university at Otueke?

While Awolowo was investing in the human capital of his tribe, this one was busy enjoying personal recognition. Now see the gap the Yorubas have given the Igbos. If you add the devastation of the Civil War, Igbos are about 50years behind

4 Likes

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by genteelo(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
demefaboy:
Three weeks Tecno spark k7 for sale, phone clean and in good shape. Selling cause I need cash. 30k and negotiable, all phone accessories are available. WhatsApp/Call 08147042317. Phone location Amuwo-Odofin or Abia
25K??
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by GeeString: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
These are indeed great pictures of the late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe in the year 1959.

If you know the name and model of this car, kindly state it in the comment section.

AutoJoshNG, I have found your car after about 15 mins of intense online search.

Its the 1959 Buick Electra 225 Convertible.

Apparently there were two models that year - the convertible and the hardtop but judging by the pictures, Zik's ride is the convertible.

Links that can help you verify further.
https://fiftiesweb.com/cars/album-buick/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Electra

Now, credit my account.

I know say you wan help client acquire am. The figure won't be child's play...

1 Like

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
Zik, the cause of all Nigerias problems out together since 1960.

2 Likes

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by omooba969(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
Traitor.
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Jayslyder: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
that vintage impala dey burst my head .I need me a ride like that
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by babaireti(m): 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who is this? is he related to the run away HUNCHED-BACK ALBINO IPOd leader?
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Jackipapa: 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
Gun are the days in Yoruba translation pls
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Austinoiz(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
Afonjas have been learning good things from us since the days of Melchizedek.

1 Like

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by ensamy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
But Nigerian Police could have continued wearing short trousers atleast for the junior officers. shocked shocked
Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by skales67(m): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

Lies!
Checkout www.classiccars.com and you'll be amazed a more beautiful classic cars goin for less than $50k

We know...but displaying that particular one owned by the eastern premier will have car collectors from all over the world lining up with banks on their heads

1 Like

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Pentools(m): 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
I'm yet to see anything worth celebrating in the life n times of this man, he's simply an AUTHOR OF PAIN (AOP) he might have meant well for the so called "togetherness" but he should have properly and thoroughly read the handwriting on the wall, everything no be harmony or formal education, most times use your common sense and street eyes to approach stuffs.

1 Like

Re: See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? by Mufasa27(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Obafemi Awolowo also.

NwaAmaikpe For President!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obadiah Mailafiya: A Northern Governor Is The Commander Of Boko Haram / Clerics At Shettima's Unveiling Not Hired - Tinubu / El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.