Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,127 members, 7,838,869 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 (39479 Views)

Abiola's Family Slams David Hundeyin, Calls Him A Fake News Peddler / Hafsat Abiola Apologizes To Buhari On Behalf Of Abiola Family / Late Mko Abiola's Family Visit Tinubu(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
I don't why only the people of the South East are against this declaration by President Buhari?

Their evil party-PDP stayed for 16 Years and they couldn't honour Ojukwu or that Criminal Nnamdi Cownu...why are they transfering their aggression to President Buhari and the South Westerners?

Is that how they are going sell Atiku USA, to the rest of country in 2019?

This is becoming an embarrassment to the good people of South East.

Hate kills faster than cancer..

How will this stop Buhari's herdsmen killings.
How will this reduce high cost of living in Buhari's watch?
How will this fix Nigeria government public hospitals and all the government institutions
How will this restore Biafra republic?

If Buhari's are not fooling so called southwest zombies, let him agree to come for REFERENDUM for Biafra.

As for south south and southeast politicians who are zipping their mouths with bribery, we will see them soon.

2 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by legba1(m): 11:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
pol23:
APC PDP ADC....let's leave party now.
Let's be real here.
What has Abiola done to deserve this?
Have you heard about ITT?
Abiola is just a thief like Buhari,Obasanjo and the likes of them.
Hypocrisy is when APC Sue GEJ for honoring MKO with Unilag and jump up when Buhari declare another day as the democracy day.
Same thing APC did when GEJ removed subsidy..occupy Nigeria,they're feeding people at the stadium ,bring various artist...and when buhari did...nobody said a thing...not even the NLC.
Back to the matter...Abiola is a man that died for his selfish Ambition...as a matter of fact what I loose when that Man died can never be quantify..it's way too much...
Yes I was just a little boy then,but our parent and their finances has a big role to play in our life.
Abiola is another Buhari...just hyped without the people asking themselves what does he have to offer or what has He done in the capacity He had served.
If Buhari had died before He became the president,zombie will be shouting the only man that would have save the country don die...But God made them see the old man lack Capability and sense to govern a local government talk less of a country...
Now we're here.
Talk one thing that Abiola had done in the capacity he had served.....The man died chasing his selfish ambition.

I sincerely would not have joined issues with you on this matter but I believe u should br enlightened as u so requested...

Abiola was a person with a gud heart in his life time....he made a lot of people through his empowerment programmes, Dele Momodu and Dokpensi are two glaring examples..I have an uncle and many others like that that became great employers of labour with the multiplier effect their to see...He was himself a massive employer of labour as he was the Dangote of that time....His 1million naira endowment fund to all tertiary institutions in naija was a landmark gesture in philanthropy.. the fact that he won a landslide victory with a muslim/muslim ticket back then in wat was adjudged the freest and fairest election ever in naija proves his acceptability accross board...I can go on and on but ...do more ddigging about him and you'd know hr is way different from the politiefchians and entrepreneurs of now are days...

6 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by TheUbermensch: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
SirBunky85:
and how is dat ur biznez? leav me to b stupid. It in my blood

Okay man.

Whatever you say.
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Dasini: 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
This govt and president trully knows how to use power well, this is definitely the defining moment, this President has gladdened the heart of many yorubas, and this will no doubt work in his favour. Everywhere i went today, the encomium from this singular act on the president will go a long way, the lesson from this"use your moment well when you have it", PDP had the priveledge in 16years of ruling this nation but couldn't do it while someone who barely spent 3 years has done what they couldnt do...

4 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by thecommunist(m): 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
DrGoodman:
Mumu button activated grin

This worked like magic, I mean, a whole tribe just went limp when one cattle herder touched their gee spot grin
stale sad...try harder!

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
l want PMB to tell INEC to announce the election result that we all believed MKO won
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by SirBunky85(m): 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Okay man.
Whatever you say.
pained soul spotted
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by TheUbermensch: 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
SirBunky85:
I'm a pained soul. Spot me
Nigga I've heard.
Goodnight.
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Crownwahley(m): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
What makes Buhari think he will still be alive till that 2019?
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by buhariguy(m): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
grin With This feat Buhari has won the 2019 Presidential Election... With 90% votes from Northeast, Northwest and Southwest i make bold to say you are already the President...

Politics is not for emotional beings you need to be smart to sway the votes of the "undecided masses" grin

Nigeria Presidential election can never be won on Twitter, facebook and Nairaland. A country where 70% of Voters in the Northeast and Northwest do not know what Nairaland, Facebook or twitter looks like cool

PDP for Governor Imo 2019.... Sam Daddy 2019
yes, you are right, this is the same thing I told my wife this morning.

I said buhari is already the President til 2023.

She was wondering asking me, as how?

3 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by SirBunky85(m): 11:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Nigga I've heard.
Goodnight.
bitter soul spotted
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by thecommunist(m): 12:09am On Jun 08, 2018
legba1:

I sincerely would not have joined issues with you on this matter but I believe u should br enlightened as u so requested...

Abiola was a person with a gud heart in his life time....he made a lot of people through his empowerment programmes, Dele Momodu and Dokpensi are two glaring examples..I have an uncle and many others like that that became great employers of labour with the multiplier effect their to see...He was himself a massive employer of labour as he was the Dangote of that time....His 1million naira endowment fund to all tertiary institutions in naija was a landmark gesture in philanthropy.. the fact that he won a landslide victory with a muslim/muslim ticket back then in wat was adjudged the freest and fairest election ever in naija proves his acceptability accross board...I can go on and on but ...do more ddigging about him and you'd know hr is way different from the politiefchians and entrepreneurs of now are days...
you forgot to mention charly boy...i watched an interview where charly boy said MKO set him up in his music career, by paying for his first ever state of the art recording studio, fully equipped. and this happened when they didnt even know each other, charly boy just approached MKO for help.

4 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by cosmos1440: 12:19am On Jun 08, 2018
pol23:
Let's be real here.
Hypocrisy is when APC Sue GEJ for honoring MKO with Unilag and jump up when Buhari declare another day as the democracy day.
Same thing APC did when GEJ removed subsidy..occupy Nigeria,they're feeding people at the stadium ,bring various artist...and when buhari did...nobody said a thing...not even the NLC.
Back to the matter...Abiola is a man that died for his selfish Ambition...as a matter of fact what I loose when that Man died can never be quantify..it's way too much...
Yes I was just a little boy then,but our parent and their finances has a big role to play in our life.
Abiola is another Buhari...just hyped without the people asking themselves what does he have to offer or what has He done in the capacity He had served.
If Buhari had died before He became the president,zombie will be shouting the only man that would have save the country don die...But God made them see the old man lack Capability and sense to govern a local government talk less of a country...
Now we're here.
Talk one thing that Abiola had done in the capacity he had served.....The man died chasing his selfish ambition.

yes I also applaud this.
Though it does not mean, I will vote Buhari.
Now, back to your question, although he never held any political post, but one thing he has done , that is what you ask.
He donated one million naira to all Nigerian state and federal universities and polythecnics in 1993.
#STOP THE HATE

2 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by delpee(f): 12:35am On Jun 08, 2018
Buhari was part of the government when Abiola was incarcerated and subsequently died. Thank God that he has now deemed it fit to do the right thing.

While i applaud him for what he has just done, it may not have the desired impact on 2019. There are too many issues to consider before taking a decision.

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by skales67(m): 12:38am On Jun 08, 2018
CilicMarin:
I don't why only the people of the South East are against this declaration by President Buhari?

Their evil party-PDP stayed for 16 Years and they couldn't honour Ojukwu or that Criminal Nnamdi Cownu...why are they transfering their aggression to President Buhari and the South Westerners?

Mechionu! Was it not your fellow Ewedurians that betrayed MKO hence his incarceration? Were Igbos among?

Was it not Gbegiri guzzlers from your South-Waste that protested against the renaming of UNILAG to MOULAG which GEJ himself positioned? Did South East protest?

Continue masturbating at the mere hearing of South East till your d*ck gets dismembered.
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Dollabiz: 12:42am On Jun 08, 2018
hmmm
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by agabusta: 12:46am On Jun 08, 2018
jomonic:
There is definitely no common grounds to move Nigeria forward. The forward path appears to be follows: after appeasing the SW Buhari will be rewarded with winning SW votes. Then he will handover to the SW in 2023 who will later handover to another northerner in 2027. While the reins of power is in their hands they will decide who gets what. So where does it leave the SE. The only option will be either to accept to be eternal slave to Nigeria or intensify the agitation for self determination, or at some point who ever is the president makes a bold move to pay reparations in quantum amounts to the SE for decades of injustice. One of these must happen especially the last two. I don't believe the slave option is feasible.

But a lot of folks from the SE regularly brag that they dont need the presidency.

It seems you differ from this opinion. What say you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by dadada98: 12:47am On Jun 08, 2018
grin
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by CoolAmbience(m): 12:51am On Jun 08, 2018
CilicMarin:

My brother, I am from the SE but feel very disappointed at the manner in which this very positive development in our democracy has elicited negative reaction and worst still resentment from many people from the SE.

I don't see the significance of May 29 besides being a date set aside for the inauguration of a new administration, which takes place every four years.

The June 12 National Holiday announcement by President Buhari is a welcome development for our democracy and a deserving tribute to Chief MKO Abiola and others, in recognition of their immeasurable contribution to nation building.

3 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by drlateef: 12:59am On Jun 08, 2018
When will some people stop hatred and when will they stop supporting fraudulent and corrupt politicians for ethnic and religious reasons? Here is a GEJ whose illiterate wife was rulling Nigeria. They never asked for their rights from him while he spent 6years on the throne. They never declared Biafra in his tenure, they never asked him to be accountable. He stole Nigeria dry with his gangs. He spent all the time drinking ale. They had to drag him from floor into his bedroom while drunk, all in Ask Rock. They never asked him anything, just because he was Christian and was their brother. Now a new Sherrif is in town, who does not condone corruption, who started rebuilding what was destroyed for 16 years in his first three years. This man is sure not a saint, but everyone can see that he means well for Nigeria. But because he is a Muslim and he's not their brother, they hate him more than anything. They prefer the looters who are their brothers. What a people? What a religion? What a tribe? What a conscience? The man dies in them.

2 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by contigiency(m): 1:34am On Jun 08, 2018
That is a good one from the family of the democracy hero.
So Abiola's family made this request since June 2016, while one moshroom party was somewhere claiming the brain child of the idea. Politics is so stupid for allowing men to forget their identity and through honour to the dust bin.

2 Likes

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by contigiency(m): 1:43am On Jun 08, 2018
Dasini:
This govt and president trully knows how to use power well, this is definitely the defining moment, this President has gladdened the heart of many yorubas, and this will no doubt work in his favour. Everywhere i went today, the encomium from this singular act on the president will go a long way, the lesson from this"use your moment well when you have it", PDP had the priveledge in 16years of ruling this nation but couldn't do it while someone who barely spent 3 years has done what they couldnt do...

He gladdened the heart of every lover of democracy and good deeds, and not only that of the yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by babeosisi: 1:48am On Jun 08, 2018
odiks:
The Abiola family has written to thank President Muhammadu Buhari for awarding the nation’s highest honour to their patriarch, MKO Abiola, the presumed winner of the 1993 June 12 presidential election.

Mr Buhari announced the award on Wednesday and also declared June 12 as democracy day starting from 2019, shifting the date from May 29.

The decision has drawn mixed reactions from Nigerians. Mr Buhari also honoured late activist, Gani Fawehinmi, and Mr Abiola’s vice presidential candidate, Babagana Kingibe.

In a letter to the president, dated June 6, 2018, Mr Abiola’s son, Kola, said he was appreciating the decision on behalf of the family.

“Your Excellency, as I wrote in my letter to you on June 12, 2016, in our minds, the award was the only befitting recognition of the importance of Chief Abiola’s fight for democracy for Nigeria which culminated in 4 years incarceration/solitary confinement and decimation of his business and financial interests, before the ultimate sacrifice, being his life on July 7, 1998 at the age of 60,” he wrote.

“Your Excellency, your decision to also designate June 12 as Democracy Day rights the wrongs done to all the nation-builders and heroes that produced that produced the democratic credentials on which the Nigerian polity now thrives. We are profoundly grateful to the people from all corners of Nigeria that worked tirelessly to ensure the most free and fair elections in our nation’s history in 1993, fought valiantly for the Hope ’93 mandate given to Bashorun Abiola by the Nigerian people and died trying to protect the mandate.”

“Mr President, I thank you earnestly for heeding our plea where others before you did not, whilst conveying the assurances of my highest esteem.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/271516-breaking-abiolas-family-writes-buhari-over-gcfr-award-june-12.html

There should be at least 7000 votes direct from those who came off the loins of MKO
He sowed his seed aghara aghara
He looked off the koran into the bible and saw be fruitful and multiply and he went to work grin
Kudos to APC
The abiola family have not seen eye to eye with tinubu and his APC,but now they've been bought over by this okpukpu they received
To nu Jah.
Politricks amaka
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by sokera: 2:07am On Jun 08, 2018
pol23:
Let's be real here.
Now we're here.
before I argue with kids like you , I would love to know your age now ... maybe lack of history education is making you sound pained now , I don’t want to judge you until I know your age ...

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by deomelo: 2:43am On Jun 08, 2018
jomonic:
There is definitely no common grounds to move Nigeria forward. The forward path appears to be follows: after appeasing the SW Buhari will be rewarded with winning SW votes. Then he will handover to the SW in 2023 who will later handover to another northerner in 2027. While the reins of power is in their hands they will decide who gets what. So where does it leave the SE. The only option will be either to accept to be eternal slave to Nigeria or intensify the agitation for self determination, or at some point who ever is the president makes a bold move to pay reparations in quantum amounts to the SE for decades of injustice. One of these must happen especially the last two. I don't believe the slave option is feasible.

Politics in Nigeria is not complicated, it's all about strategy, reaching out and forming alliances with other political parties and regional Powers, but this concept is foreing to SE folks, all they have to bargain with are hatred, biteeness, anger, tribalism, bigotry and anti Nigerian attitudes.

They are also void of regional and national politically powerful leaders to guide and position them along Nigeria's mudy political environment.

The SE enjoyed favorable attention under Jonathan, but they did not maximise that advantage and favorability, it was a missed opportunity which they did not learn from.

The SW on the other hand was totally neglected under the same Jonathan, but the SW strategized, they reached out and formed credible alliance with other parties and regional Powers.

The SE just have to grow up and start acting like adults because tantrums, hatred, tribalism and bigotry can not get them anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Jackbell17: 3:10am On Jun 08, 2018
Amounts abuse of power, politically motivated, ill-conceived and medicine after death.
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Goodluckwinner(m): 3:48am On Jun 08, 2018
Instead of talking of development, here we are conferring unnecessary award. Buhari is just empty head.

1 Like

Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by alenwup(m): 4:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Let the government kuku pronounce him former president and with all benefits attach to that na
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by rummmy: 4:25am On Jun 08, 2018
You need to purchase sense.. You lacks it from all I can see[qquote author=CilicMarin post=68273740]I don't why only the people of the South East are against this declaration by President Buhari?

[/quote]
Re: Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 by Augiiee(m): 4:58am On Jun 08, 2018
jomonic:

The only option is to be eternal slaves to Nigeria. Cause the only way a south-easterner will rule this country again is by accident i.e. same way GEJ became president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor El-rufai Visits VP Osinbajo In His Office At The Villa Again..photos / Live Updates: Inauguration Of Ministers / Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.