Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,907 members, 7,821,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! (787 Views)

Eze Ndigbo Was Victimised For Being An Igbo Man, Not For Inviting IPOB / EFCC Arrest: Saraki Being Harassed Over 2023 Presidential Ambition – Yakasai / Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by LocalChamp: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK JUN 07, 2018

Human rights lawyer Mr. Femi Falana (SAN) says the investigation and prosecution of anyone found to be connected to the Offa bank robbers should be separated from politics.

Falana made this known in Lagos on Wednesday at a civil society round-table discussion organised by the Human and Environmental Development Agenda (HEDA).

The discussion was on the difficulties being faced in the administration of criminal Justice Act and the termination of stay of proceeding in criminal trials.

In his address, Falana recalled how a Brazilian bank was duped of the sum of $240million by a Nigerian fraudster. He said the bank reached out to him and 11 others for legal aid.

“They came to me, among the 11 lawyers. How do we collect this money? How do we go about it? It was very difficult because the police here then were part of the criminality. The main fellow that was to be arrested, the EFCC arrested him in the guest house of the IG.

“We were looking for a criminal and he was being sheltered by the IG — just like you are looking for the vehicle with which a bank was robbed and you find it in the state house. That is the level of impunity in our country. And some people are shouting ‘this is political victimisation’. Nonsensical!

“Please, I beg all of us, let us separate criminality from politics. Wherever a criminal is identified, the law must have its way; the full weight of the law must be brought on the person. Otherwise, you may be a victim tomorrow if we don’t eliminate criminality in this society.

“They reported in Ekiti last week during a rally — and this is a common thing in Nigeria — and I do hope we are going to use the Offa case to disarm all thugs in Nigeria. All of them are known by the DSS and the police.”

Falana was not the only notable figure at the meeting. Also in attendance were Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), Monday Ubani and Jiti Ogunye. Dr. Biola Akiode-Afolabi chaired the discussion, while the welcome address was delivered by Mr. Olanrewaju Suraju, Chairman of HEDA.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/07/falana-saraki-being-politically-victimised-%E2%80%99s-nonsensical#disqus_thread

1 Like

Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by Adaowerri111: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who's falana?
Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by adioolayi(m): 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Adaowerri111:
Who's falana?
Ask google

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by Adeoludt(m): 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
Henhen
Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by AroleOduduwa(m): 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mr. Falana doesn’t stand for simple justice, equal opportunity and human rights. He’s a mere attack dog, I have never seen him openly oppose Buhari administration, is he not aware of the killings in the middle belt or the abduction of Leah, the oppression and nepotism.

I’ve lost all respect for this man, I remember missing my flight back in 2012 when this man and his cohorts decided to protest against the increase in fuel price, today PMB has increased the price and this man is yet to say anything about it

Baba face your family, advise your son to stop singing trashy songs before Muric take up his matter
Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hmmm,Falana,that table you re shaking. Take am easy o
Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by kmaster007: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
I swear ur making common sense. anti saraki will not like dis. and does pple supporting saraki are all evils

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by czarina(f): 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
Oh well sad

Need a Swedish Massage this weekend? Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by SalamRushdie: 12:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Buharis govtvjas exposed Falana as nothing but another greedy sycophanting senile conman...To imagine I used to look up to this man some just 4 years ago ... If it was Jonathan that awarded post humous GCFR by now Falana would have filed a case in Lagos courts asking it to declare it ultra vires
Re: Falana: Saraki Being Politically Victimised? That’s Nonsensical! by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 08, 2018
Police tracked a vehicle (used for robbery) to government house and some people want the police to keep quiet, why?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please How Long Should Fashola Bow??? / Will You Hire Buhari To Run Your Private Business? / Petrol Prices Need To Increase To Improve Tanker Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.