Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update (18922 Views)

Ibom Deep Sea Port, $1.4bn Fertilizer Plant To Change Akwa Ibom’s Status / FG Approves $2 Billion For First Phase Of $4.6 Billion Ibom Deep Seaport / Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by ubox: 6:43am On Jun 08, 2018
COURTESY VISIT

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel, today 7th June 2018, granted audience to the Chairman, Technical Committee On the Actualization of Ibom Deep Seaport, Barrister (Mrs) Mfon Usoro, who led her Committee members and representatives of companies that have scaled through preliminary bidding for the construction of the Ibom Deep Seaport at his office, Government House, Uyo.

The companies are China Harbour Engineering Company , CRBC Nigeria Limited and 3 Bollore Africa Logistics / Power China.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by ubox: 6:45am On Jun 08, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Akan7: 7:09am On Jun 08, 2018
Are we really still at the bidding stage?! This seaport business is just a joke...

26 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by hisgrace090: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Just creating avenues to milk the masses up and down.

10 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2018
Meeting Ongoing........ grin

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by perfectedmee: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2018
They should just commence already.

Nigeria needs more than 10 ports

12 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 08, 2018
Any day this Ibaka seaport come to fruition and operational, I'll commit suicide. Do you people think this project will ever come to fruition? Do you know that Federal government through National Port Authority has sole mandate on operation of states' sea/river/land ports? You think they will allow this project to come to fruition? Anyday this port comes to operation with Akwa Ibom going against federal might to open it, Akwa Ibom will be bombed to pieces. I know people ask but why? People don't know what's going on in this country? Have you asked yourself why Ports in Calabar, Onne, Port Harcourt and Warri are not working...only used by oil companies and corporations while two Lagos ports are fully working, with two more being built as I type this? You think these SS ports are closed to the public for fancy or for talking sake? These ports are not working for strategic reason to marginalize the East with Igbos being their primary target, and you think Ibaka will ever come to life? What is wrong with our people? Can't you reason? Don't you read history or current situation? The reason they don't want any port to work in Eastern region is to make us Easterners dependent on One Nigeria, so that we will remain with them. Any day SS and/or SE ports are fully operational, that day will mark the end of Nigeria.

PS: Afonjas will start replying me now in droves. Claiming SS, telling us how Calabar port is working to continue to deceive SS and to deviate from the fact that only SW ports are working.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by comos: 8:15am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:
Any day this Ibaka seaport come to fruition and operational, I'll commit suicide. Do you people think this project will ever come to fruition? Do you know that Federal government through National Port Authority has sole mandate on operation of states' sea/river/land ports? You think they will allow this project to come to fruition? Anyday this port comes to operation with Akwa Ibom going against federal might to open it, Akwa Ibom will be bombed to pieces. I know people ask but why? People don't know what's going on in this country? Have you asked yourself why Ports in Calabar, Onne, Port Harcourt and Warri are not working...only used by oil companies and corporations while two Lagos ports are fully working, with two more being built as I type this? You think these SS ports are closed to the public for fancy or for talking sake? These ports are not working for strategic reason to marginalize the East with Igbos being their primary target, and you think Ibaka will ever come to life? What is wrong with our people? Can't you reason? Don't you read history or current situation? The reason they don't want any port to work in Eastern region is to make us Easterners dependent on One Nigeria, so that we will remain with them. Any day SS and/or SE ports are fully operational, that day will mark the end of Nigeria.

one day, these seaports will be opened and put into use.

The governors of south-south should continue to build more seaports.

nature will definitely fight it's course

35 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by ubox: 8:32am On Jun 08, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by SuperS1Panther: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:

Why are pigidiotic Osus and Ojukwus full of unexplainable hatred and negativism?

They hate anything and everything. Even, they hate God Almighty.

Instead of you to be positive for SS people you are here concocting lies to run down the commendable project.

By their speech we shall know them.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by obailala(m): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:
[s]Any day this Ibaka seaport come to fruition and operational, I'll commit suicide. Do you people think this project will ever come to fruition? Do you know that Federal government through National Port Authority has sole mandate on operation of states' sea/river/land ports? You think they will allow this project to come to fruition? Anyday this port comes to operation with Akwa Ibom going against federal might to open it, Akwa Ibom will be bombed to pieces. I know people ask but why? People don't know what's going on in this country? Have you asked yourself why Ports in Calabar, Onne, Port Harcourt and Warri are not working...only used by oil companies and corporations while two Lagos ports are fully working, with two more being built as I type this? You think these SS ports are closed to the public for fancy or for talking sake? These ports are not working for strategic reason to marginalize the East with Igbos being their primary target, and you think Ibaka will ever come to life? What is wrong with our people? Can't you reason? Don't you read history or current situation? The reason they don't want any port to work in Eastern region is to make us Easterners dependent on One Nigeria, so that we will remain with them. Any day SS and/or SE ports are fully operational, that day will mark the end of Nigeria.[/s]
I'm sure this is one of the unfortunate fellows brainwashed mercilessly by the albino.

The only thing preventing the Ibom deep sea port from coming to life is the unseriousness and continuous lip service played successive Akwa-Ibom state governments. The day the Akwa-Ibom government finally gets serious and builds the actual seaport (instead of just on paper), nobody can stop it from functioning; contrary to the nonsense theories a lot of people have been fed with, no one would even attempt to undermine it

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by slawomir: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2018
isoright
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by EmmaOgbu(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2018
G
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 08, 2018
cheesy
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by OkutaNla: 10:02am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:
[s]Any day this Ibaka seaport come to fruition and operational, I'll commit suicide.[/s]

In that case go and write your will and kee yourself. Here is a nice rope to make it quick.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

I don Tire for this Cen.s.oring jare......I just saw the Zambian lady's uncut photos HERE!!!

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Bobby4090: 10:02am On Jun 08, 2018
Every day they keep signing agreements and hosting investors, yet nothing practical is happening on the ground. The only pictures i see are those of pot bellied men laughing and shaking hands.
Go and look at the Lekki port, pictures of on going construction there shows full scale mobilization and construction. I dont know why its only in Lagos that such things translate to practical infrastructure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Oduwils222(m): 10:04am On Jun 08, 2018
This is not the fist time we the Akwa Ibomites are hearing news like this.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Ttipsy(f): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2018
perfectedmee:
They should just commence already.
Nigeria needs more than 10 ports
For what

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by chuksanambra: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2018
[s]
sean1000x:
[/s]

With or without you, the SS would move forward and this seaport would be completed and put to use. Very soon, the project would be completed and you'll die before that day as you have stated.

You know one thing I've noticed about Igbos, they don't love the South South and always wish the SE evil. They do this so that they can always mock the SS that "I told you" and so that they can always control the SS if it is underdeveloped.

That's how Igbos were egging militants to blow up pipelines and kill soldiers at a time when even ND elders were trying to pacify warring parties.

Meanwhile, Igbo Governors are the most mediocre set of miscreants you can see in this country. Their evil wishes for others backfire when they vote people who take them back to the stone age. Just go to the SE and see what I'm talking about.

Okorocha built a couple of bridges in his first term, 2 out of them collapsed in his second tenure. Obiano built a bridge that had cracks and they ended up using cement and cello tape to patch. As for Ikpeazu, he's using mud and saliva to build roads in Abia.

I don't know what Igbos gain in jealousy, bad belle and envy of other people as if it's the SS who helps them vote their worthless leaders.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by chinavs9ja(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2018
Hmmmmm

If you need a writer, check my signature
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Ooduavoice: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

Why are pigidiotic Osus and Ojukwus full of unexplainable hatred and negativism?

Instead of you to be positive for SS people you are here concocting lies to run down the commendable project.

By their speech we shall know them

truth dey purge you.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2018
since 2007 ....lol

Akan7:
Are we really still at the bidding stage?! This seaport business is just a joke...

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2018
let us concentrate on the calabar port nd forget this Ibaka port which is clearly a waste of time and money.

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Ooduavoice: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2018
OkutaNla:

In that case go and write your will and kee yourself.

yoruba muslims, unity beggars
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by kpaofame: 10:14am On Jun 08, 2018
sad

The policy on ground to not favour other ports to function optimally except those in Lagos..

Hopefully those policies will be reviewed before this Ibaka port project is finished
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by OkutaNla: 10:14am On Jun 08, 2018
Ooduavoice:

yoruba muslims, unity beggars

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Maldek666: 10:15am On Jun 08, 2018
This Sea Port is the reason I am planning to own a place at Uyo. When this Sea Port is operable. The Entire SS/SE Corridor will be more advanced than Lagos, which is already over populated.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by lailo: 10:16am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:
propaganda. Insecurity is d only reason they are not operational. Believe or you sip otapiapia down Ya throat.

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by kingzjay(m): 10:16am On Jun 08, 2018
May God forgive some of our leaders!

The former Governor, Godswill Akpabio used this same project as the key item in his manifesto during his 2nd term and having been voted in, the project was forgotten despite being captured in the budget of that year and so many billions drained down the pipeline.

Udom is using the same antics this time. So up until now, he didn't know such project was in existence? Another 2nd term manifesto....

Hmmmmmmm!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Rejects Plot To Impeach Deputy / Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors / South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.