Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe (28970 Views)

Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Freiburger(m): 11:45am On Jun 08, 2018
What nutritional value can one get from cow skin?

3 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Ellabae(f): 11:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You never send location nah..... My mouth don dey water o...
cheesy Location? Can't tell u here.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Beremx(f): 11:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Kpomo is not cheap in Lagos. It is in fact more expensive than beef

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Lexusgs430: 11:49am On Jun 08, 2018
Ellabae:
cheesy Location? Can't tell u here.

Oya tell me in camera....
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by fabby101: 11:49am On Jun 08, 2018
Continue d good work, I am really learning from it

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:51am On Jun 08, 2018
Emmylyon:
Looks so enticing .

Featured with some white rice and beans tongue

That is what one really need to live long
lipsrsealed
v
Thanks, its really true
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Sanchez01: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2018
The stew looks raw.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:53am On Jun 08, 2018
[quote author=fabby101 post=68291183]Continue d good work, I am really learning from it[/quote
Thanks dear, I'm glad you could learn from me
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Burgerlomo: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8knMUgBFrsE

Almost everyone in Nigeria loves Kpomo meat, it is simple, cheap and easy to combine with other meats to make simple dish, kpomo is one of the cheapest meat in Nigerian, it is often added to soups and pepper soup recipes. Other easy ways of eating kpomo is to make stew with it or make a savoury peppered sauce with it. In this article, you will learn the simple to steps on how to stew your kpomo meat and also check out the video for easy explanation.

Kpomo Stew Ingredients

• 2 large pieces kpomo (cow skin)
• 6 pieces of red tomatoes
• 5 chillies pepper (shombo)
• 3 scotch bonnets peppers
• 2 stock cubes
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 cloves of garlic
• S small ginger
• Salt to taste

Steps on How to make kpomo stew

1. Wash kpomo with salted water and use a knife to scrape the skin and the inner part to remove dirt.
2. Bring the kpomo into a wide pot, add seasoning to it and enough water, cook until the kpomo becomes soft.
3. Drain the kpomo from the liquid you cooked it with, leave to get cold and then cut into your preferred sizes and set aside.
4. Rinse tomatoes, chilli peppers and scotch bonnets, combine with ½ part of the onion, ginger, garlic in a blender and blend into a chunky
paste.
5. Heat a pan on stove, add a very little oil to it, fry the remaining half onion until fragrant, add the tomato mix and fry for 10 minutes until
the liquid and the sour taste reduce.
6. Season the stew with nutmeg, curry, stock cubes, salt and stir properly, cook for 3 minutes.
7. Bring the boiled kpomo into the stew and stir well to mix, leave to simmer for 5 minutes for the meat to absorb the rich flavour of the
stew. Add a handful of parsley and stir.
8. Kpomo stews is ready, serve it over steamed pasta or boiled yam.

Biko, I'm a slow learner so can I invite you to my crib to come and give me a hands on training grin

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:54am On Jun 08, 2018
Beremx:
Kpomo is not cheap in Lagos. It is in fact more expensive than beef
Eeew, shocked, I didn't know about that but it is cheap where i am.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:55am On Jun 08, 2018
Freiburger:
It's mainly protein
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2018
vizkiz:
Na this one I Sabi do.
Lol
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Beremx(f): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2018
vinegurl:

Eeew, shocked, I didn't know about that but it is cheap where i am.
yoruba people don't joke with Kpomo. That's why it is expensive

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Ellabae(f): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oya tell me in camera....
Lol ok I will. I don't take alcoholic drink though.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2018
Opinionated:
Na wa for Kpomo.

We call it ponmo.

Meanwhile read 7 Solid Truths About Eating Ponmo
You can still pronounce it as ponno, pomo or kpomo, it's even called ganda in Hausa.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ellabae:
Lol ok I will. I don't take alcoholic drink though.

I would buy non alcoholic for you, but alcoholic for me..... Abi your house is a alcoholic - free zone?
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by SoapQueen(f): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Freiburger:

None, just like Buhari to Nigerians.

Na manage we dey manage.

3 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Ellabae(f): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I would buy non alcoholic for you, but alcoholic for me..... Abi your house is a alcoholic - free zone?
Lol ok no prob. U re welcome
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Lexusgs430: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ellabae:
Lol ok no prob. U re welcome

I no be whinch nah..... I get broom between my legs, but u suppose input coordinates, make I know how to come chop....
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vertueptime: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
U never tell us how to cook d ponmo easily
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Enice(m): 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8knMUgBFrsE

Almost everyone in Nigeria loves Kpomo meat, it is simple, cheap and easy to combine with other meats to make simple dish, kpomo is one of the cheapest meat in Nigerian, it is often added to soups and pepper soup recipes. Other easy ways of eating kpomo is to make stew with it or make a savoury peppered sauce with it. In this article, you will learn the simple to steps on how to stew your kpomo meat and also check out the video for easy explanation.

Kpomo Stew Ingredients

• 2 large pieces kpomo (cow skin)
• 6 pieces of red tomatoes
• 5 chillies pepper (shombo)
• 3 scotch bonnets peppers
• 2 stock cubes
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 cloves of garlic
• S small ginger
• Salt to taste

Steps on How to make kpomo stew

1. Wash kpomo with salted water and use a knife to scrape the skin and the inner part to remove dirt.
2. Bring the kpomo into a wide pot, add seasoning to it and enough water, cook until the kpomo becomes soft.
3. Drain the kpomo from the liquid you cooked it with, leave to get cold and then cut into your preferred sizes and set aside.
4. Rinse tomatoes, chilli peppers and scotch bonnets, combine with ½ part of the onion, ginger, garlic in a blender and blend into a chunky
paste.
5. Heat a pan on stove, add a very little oil to it, fry the remaining half onion until fragrant, add the tomato mix and fry for 10 minutes until
the liquid and the sour taste reduce.
6. Season the stew with nutmeg, curry, stock cubes, salt and stir properly, cook for 3 minutes.
7. Bring the boiled kpomo into the stew and stir well to mix, leave to simmer for 5 minutes for the meat to absorb the rich flavour of the
stew. Add a handful of parsley and stir.
8. Kpomo stews is ready, serve it over steamed pasta or boiled yam.

this is Fayose's specialty. Cutting kpomo for kpomo stew.

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by sukar886: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
will cook it on sunday,my free day

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by lapo(m): 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ponmo, why kpomo? The letter k is useless. It's s bastardization of an otherwise meaningful word.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by lovemoi2(f): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
theapeman4:
garlic?

No wonder women's yansh do smell undecided

Your mother that delivered you is a woman. She also has yansh and vag!na.

So whenever you try to insult women in general for no reason... remember her.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Jasperro(m): 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
salivating

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by perdollar(m): 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2018
in southwvste nothing is a waste, from hide to kpomo, from yam back to amala, from faeces to paint via shotput, from skull to babalawo etc
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Femistico(m): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Make person con get chilled beer with am.. That's more yummy

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Bolnij2: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ask Fayose. Kpomo Chef

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by CAPSLOCKED: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
@MISSCAPS THE GOOD CHEF.
WHEN ARE WE GONNA MAKE THIS? smiley

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by safarigirl(f): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
emijo:
Seriously hate that stuff called kpomo.
you no hate am pass me.

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
dontbothermuch:
Interesting

Vinegurl, can you prepare Pizza?
Local or International.
Yea I can, will do that and tag you soon
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jasperro:
salivating
Hmmm grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheap Foods That Helps The Brain Focus / Weird Food Combinations.. / What Is Your Favourite Food Combo? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.