Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe (28911 Views)

Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
sukar886:
will cook it on sunday,my free day
Sure you should
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
Burgerlomo:

Biko, I'm a slow learner so can I invite you to my crib to come and give me a hands on training grin
No dear I don't think so, we maybe living far away from each other
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
McCobble:
op wish kain temptation be dis nao?
Lol, sorry about that

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by zopaks: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8knMUgBFrsE

Almost everyone in Nigeria loves Kpomo meat, it is simple, cheap and easy to combine with other meats to make simple dish, kpomo is one of the cheapest meat in Nigerian, it is often added to soups and pepper soup recipes. Other easy ways of eating kpomo is to make stew with it or make a savoury peppered sauce with it. In this article, you will learn the simple to steps on how to stew your kpomo meat and also check out the video for easy explanation.

Kpomo Stew Ingredients

• 2 large pieces kpomo (cow skin)
• 6 pieces of red tomatoes
• 5 chillies pepper (shombo)
• 3 scotch bonnets peppers
• 2 stock cubes
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 cloves of garlic
• S small ginger
• Salt to taste

Steps on How to make kpomo stew

1. Wash kpomo with salted water and use a knife to scrape the skin and the inner part to remove dirt.
2. Bring the kpomo into a wide pot, add seasoning to it and enough water, cook until the kpomo becomes soft.
3. Drain the kpomo from the liquid you cooked it with, leave to get cold and then cut into your preferred sizes and set aside.
4. Rinse tomatoes, chilli peppers and scotch bonnets, combine with ½ part of the onion, ginger, garlic in a blender and blend into a chunky
paste.
5. Heat a pan on stove, add a very little oil to it, fry the remaining half onion until fragrant, add the tomato mix and fry for 10 minutes until
the liquid and the sour taste reduce.
6. Season the stew with nutmeg, curry, stock cubes, salt and stir properly, cook for 3 minutes.
7. Bring the boiled kpomo into the stew and stir well to mix, leave to simmer for 5 minutes for the meat to absorb the rich flavour of the
stew. Add a handful of parsley and stir.
8. Kpomo stews is ready, serve it over steamed pasta or boiled yam.

Your food recipes articles are really unique... your YouTube videos are also fantastic..... are you the one that cooked these meals yourself?

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Burgerlomo: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2018
vinegurl:

No dear I don't think so, we maybe living far away from each other

Okie Dokie. Just kidding though cool
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by missCAPS: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

@MISSCAPS THE GOOD CHEF.
Soon baby
WHEN ARE WE GONNA MAKE THIS? smiley

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by missCAPS: 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

@MISSCAPS THE GOOD CHEF.

WHEN ARE WE GONNA MAKE THIS? smiley
soon baby

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
zopaks:

Your food recipes articles are really unique... your YouTube videos are also fantastic..... are you the one that cooked these meals yourself?
Eeew! Thanks dear fort the complement. I'm the one oo

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by zopaks: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2018
vinegurl:

Eeew! Thanks dear fort the complement. I'm the one oo

why don't you open a food blog. that would be something we can work together on.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Rubyventures: 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
This Op has just made me very hungry, I love kpomo even though it doesn't give the body anything grin

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
Rubyventures:
This Op has just made me very hungry, I love kpomo even though it doesn't give the body anything grin
Hahaha, yea I know it doesn't give anything to the body, but it tastes good though.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Imustreturn(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
I love food oo
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by kingkoded: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
8. Spiced Apple Chips

Crispy and sweet, with no added sugar and just a sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg, they make a perfect snack to satisfy midday (and late night) cravings. Simple and delicious, and who can resist that adorable little star?

Spiced Apple Chips

Ingredients:
• Apples. Any number of any variety. (You can't really mess this part up.)
• A dash of cinnamon
• A pinch of nutmeg

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 220F/ 105 Celsius, and line two large baking pans with parchment paper.
• Using a knife or a mandolin, slice apples as thin as possible. Lay them side by side on a baking sheet, being careful not to overlap, lest you want conjoined chips.
• Gently and carefully sprinkle a thin coating of cinnamon on the chips, and follow with a light dusting of nutmeg.
• Bake for one hour, flip the slices, and bake for one hour more. Place on a wire cooling rack. Chips will crisp up as they cool.

NEXT (7-1) https://promomonger.com/8-healthier-alternatives-to-potato-chips/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Surviving This Economy: Cheap And Healthy Food & Soup Tips. / Best Themed Restaurants In Lagos Nigeria / Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.