Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics (3414 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Parakoyi: 9:41am On Jun 01, 2010
The Kwara State Governor, Doctor Bukola Saraki, has emphasized the need for Youths involvement in politics for the sustenance of Democracy in the country.

This appeal was given by Dr. Abubajar Amuda-Kannike (Sports Commisisioner) on behalf of Dr Bukola Saraki at the third Kwara Youth Marathon Race tagged “Democracy Day Run” organized by the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kwara Chapter, held at the Banquet Hall, Ilorin.

Dr. Saraki also charged the Nigerian Youths to cultivate the trend of democracy with good attitude.

Also speaking, the State Commissioner for Youths and Sport Development, Doctor Abubakar Amuda-Kannike who was represented by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Alhaji S. A. Musa, pledged the support of his Ministry to the development of Youths.

In his remark, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth Affairs, Otunba Nasir Zubair, said the State Government had given Youth the opportunity to participate in governance, with the establishment of Malete Youths Farm, Kwara Football Academy and other Youths programmes.

In his address of welcome, the Chairman National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kwara Chapter, Alhaji Mohammed Maigidansanma, said democracy had come to stay in Nigeria, noting that the only way for Youths to showcase their contribution is to support the government in all ramification.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by eresource(m): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2010
This sounds good. I just hope the government or political aspirants won't use the youths for hooliganism.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Pimpmaster: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
we pray for more comment like this from them, that never agree with youths.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2010
Saraki vs ibb,let the fight begin.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by bisiaet: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
Who is he or who are they deceiving the youth or himself or themselves the so called politicians. He Saraki that is talking let any youth man come out to challenge him for governorship race in Kwara State and the youth apper to have an edge over him and let see how he will react or accept it or smile at it, rubbish!!! let him and all of them just sharrrrap they are no longer interested to the youth any longer.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by redsun(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nigeria is youthless,just nappy wearing zombies that can't think for themselves that is why the politicians are getting away with mass murder.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Ibomade1: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
First class nonsense,  Youth should participate in Kwara's FAMILYCRACY. Governor Bukola we all know that you will hand over power to your younger sister so stop the useless banter.

Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by wazobiang: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2010
we need ghana must go of naira to enter politics. abi no be money dem dey use do politics here?
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by bisiaet: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
Poster Ibo-made you are very right I must tell you one of the reason the so called Saraki or whatever he called himself is talking about youth participating in politics he is just trying to pave way for one his younger ones to be next governor of Kwara state that is all let us not be surprise if this happen in the name of allowing youth in politics nonsense!!!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2010
its only in Nigeria stuff like this happens. The fool probably wants youths to participate as his thugs
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by davidif: 3:22am On Jun 02, 2010
These are the same people who wouldn't let us participate.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Acidosis(m): 5:35am On Jun 02, 2010
I'm always confused when people use the word 'YOUTH'.
A 19yrs old boy would say, "I am a youth". Likewise a 45yrs old man.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
Ibo-made:

First class nonsense, Youth should participate in Kwara's FAMILYCRACY. Governor Bukola we all know that you will hand over power to your younger sister so stop the useless banter.

lol
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/272770_Gbemi_4_Governor_jpg3f3d6732d991bf4d85d3d233a8a37677

going by what i've heard of gbemi, that is probably the second or third time in her life she is wearing an abaya
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by kayality: 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
Slavery state in Nigeria
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by peteobi: 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2010
Whatever anybody says Dr. Bukola Saraki has made a point. It is important for us young people to get involved in the political process. Personally I would rather go with Saraki who urges youth participation in politics than an IBB who thinks there is no young man who is capablr of ruling Nigeria - largely due to the existence of people like him who have no wish to leave power even when they have lost relevance.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by oderemo(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
rock on . saraki dynasty continues. guys remember your dad will not leave 4ever. cool cool cool.
youth ko youth ni.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by wiseson1: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
Nigerians, it is high time we start judging people on their own merit in their own right. When Dr. Bukola Saraki became governor of Kwara State, a lot of people felt he would fail at governing the state. Instead he steadily racked up achievement after achievement. Many of his detractors give the impression that they are not interested in merit, and that they would prefer any nonentity as long as his name is not Saraki. Please let's separate issues - Dr. Bukola Saraki is in the first tier of governors in the country, and the counsel he has given is solid. Young people - participate in the political process.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by damilola15: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
oyb:

going by what i've heard of gbemi, that is probably the second or third time in her life she is wearing an abaya
lwkmd
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by niyibayode: 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
If we are to be objective, Dr. Bukola Saraki is one of the better governors in Nigeria. It is no secret that many people did not want him to succeed and that it has been a big disappointment to such people that he has turned to be a such a capable and successful administrator. He has worked much harder than he has had to in his office as governor, and personally I do not see any reason why anyone should object to him blindly as long as he continues to work hard and lead capably.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by nnaemmy(m): 6:08am On Jun 04, 2010
Ha ha, even Saraki, one of d CABAL. Na now he remember say Youth dey for naija.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by kayality: 8:39am On Jun 04, 2010
niyibayode:

If we are to be objective, Dr. Bukola Saraki is one of the better governors in Nigeria. It is no secret that many people did not want him to succeed and that it has been a big disappointment to such people that he has turned to be a such a capable and successful administrator. He has worked much harder than he has had to in his office as governor, and personally I do not see any reason why anyone should object to him blindly as long as he continues to work hard and lead capably.

Please have u ever been to kwara state if no pls go there and see what is happening to the civil servant about their salary structure and other things ok.

wise son:

Nigerians, it is high time we start judging people on their own merit in their own right. When Dr. Bukola Saraki became governor of Kwara State, a lot of people felt he would fail at governing the state. Instead he steadily racked up achievement after achievement. Many of his detractors give the impression that they are not interested in merit, and that they would prefer any nonentity as long as his name is not Saraki. Please let's separate issues - Dr. Bukola Saraki is in the first tier of governors in the country, and the counsel he has given is solid. Young people - participate in the political process.

man forget the man is a? later on or i reserve my comment til further notice am from ILORIN
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by bisilawal: 9:04am On Jun 04, 2010
@Kayality. Fortunately I am from Kwara State, so I can speak authoritatively. Antone who says nothing is happening in Kwara State is being economical with the truth. I grew up in Ilorin, and I know the difference between Ilorin before Dr. Bukola Saraki, and Ilorin now - believe me it is very much better to say the least.

You raised the issue of civil service salaries. Civil service salaries become an issue in a civil service state. Abi you know know say Kwara State is a civil service state. In short 75% of the people in paid employment are civil servants, and guess what, you will be using almost all your federal allocation (65% )to pay salaries and recurrent expenditure. So you want the governor to be using all the federal allocation to pay civil servants salary. Bear in mind Kwara State has the third lowest federal allocation in the state.

That is what Dr. Bukola Saraki has been saying Kwara has to diversify. If you are really from Ilorin, you will know how easygoing our people are. Dr. Bukola Saraki has put a lot of infrastructure in place what is needed now is more of an entrepreneurial spirit on the part of the citizen. I don't hear anybody talking about civil service structure in Lagos. The government did not give Lagos its allocation for years and they survived. As things are now, if FG does not give Kwara its allocation for one month what will happen? My brother forget all this civil service thing, we need to be more entrepreneurial, if we are to grow. By the way Dr. Bukola Saraki approved a 20% increase in the salary of civil servants in the state last week.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by kayality: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2010
bisilawal:

@Kayality. Fortunately I am from Kwara State, so I can speak authoritatively. Antone who says nothing is happening in Kwara State is being economical with the truth. I grew up in Ilorin, and I know the difference between Ilorin before Dr. Bukola Saraki, and Ilorin now - believe me it is very much better to say the least.

You raised the issue of civil service salaries. Civil service salaries become an issue in a civil service state. Abi you know know say Kwara State is a civil service state. In short 75% of the people in paid employment are civil servants, and guess what, you will be using almost all your federal allocation (65% )to pay salaries and recurrent expenditure. So you want the governor to be using all the federal allocation to pay civil servants salary. Bear in mind Kwara State has the third lowest federal allocation in the state.

That is what Dr. Bukola Saraki has been saying Kwara has to diversify. If you are really from Ilorin, you will know how easygoing our people are. Dr. Bukola Saraki has put a lot of infrastructure in place what is needed now is more of an entrepreneurial spirit on the part of the citizen. I don't hear anybody talking about civil service structure in Lagos. The government did not give Lagos its allocation for years and they survived. As things are now, if FG does not give Kwara its allocation for one month what will happen? My brother forget all this civil service thing, we need to be more entrepreneurial, if we are to grow. By the way Dr. Bukola Saraki approved a 20% increase in the salary of civil servants in the state last week.

Hope it take effect the 20%, anyway i can argue with u because u may be sarakites or sai bukky.

GOD BLESS  ILORIN EMIRATE
GOD BLESS  KWARA STATE
GOD BLESS  NIGERIA AT LARGE
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by arabela1: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2010
Wed, October 6, 2010 10:30:13 PMBe sure of me
From: His-Excellency Kwara State <gov.bukola2010@gmail.com> View Contact
To: Kaptol Street <kaptolstreet@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ella,

I felt great for you in particular to have direct contact with me. I
read more about you and peoples you met during your studying. Life is
all about meeting peoples with different cultures.

Africa generally in a home of Cultures and we do associates with
peoples coming from another part of the world.

I wish you are single and i am also single i could have proposed a
marriage to you. This might sounds funny But, you have principle and
discipline. I wish you keep it up. Well the reason of buying your
property is for my family to ability as they are willing to relocate
which they have impressed and interested, Just wish i make them happy
and to be proud of me being an honest father.

Electronically voices are seems to be extremely changed in a
particular occasions either been on the phone nor internet. Such as in
person we get to know the right voice of the person you are
interacting with.

My proposed payment plan for meeting in London is based on the fact
that my position is not allowed me as a Governor to transfer money out
of the country to another simply because of MISAPPROPRIATION OF MONEY
and i might be alleged which is prohibited in the ACT 2003
Constitutions.

All your expenses to London would be recover as i am willing to help
you in order to get the house of your interest to buy.

In the mean times i wish we could finalized the transaction soon and
let be a good friends to one and other.

I will be expecting your response soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Dr. Bukola Saraki.
Kwara State Governor
cool cool cool cool
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Urges Youths To Participate In Politics by Gift96: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2020
the same you that are being killed everytime for asking for justice

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Withdraws Holiday Cash In Triple Bank Raid / 19 Years Later! (pics) / OBJ Totally Confused, Considers GEJ A Lesser Evil Than Gmb|tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.