Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Sickle Cell Support Group - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sickle Cell Support Group (1156 Views)

Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds / Priapism In Sickle Cell Warrior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sickle Cell Support Group by mictima(m): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hi everyone...

There has been a burden in my heart of recent and I felt I should give it a try... There is no harm in trying, right?

I was thinking of creating an online support group. Well, actually, it is going to kick off with a whatsapp group whose admin will be me. Later in the future, I hope it evolves to something bigger.

I am a Sickle Cell "Warrior" and I am not ashamed, neither am I afraid! All I want is to reach out to other fellow "warriors" and or care-givers (siblings, parents, friends, relatives and so on). I have had the opportunity of meeting other "warriors" through this platform and through the physical sickle cell support group that I belong to here; but I want to explore the possibilities of Internet and social media to reach out to more people and make more friends and to encourage others, as I am being encouraged myself.

The main aim of the support group is to strengthen each other as we win over our health daily together. You might be wondering how this will work and how you can trust if the group members are for real; well, till you are convinced, you can assume anonymity and help others as you are being helped yourself.

I am open to suggestions, advice, criticisms, contributions and so on. But, one thing stands above all, we are for the best of each other.

Thanks.
Looking forward to support you and be supported by you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by Lorenzena(f): 5:00am On Jun 09, 2018
I"m in full support.
Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by AdorableJosh(m): 6:20am On Jun 09, 2018
Great idea, I'm in.
Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by mictima(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Awesome and heartwarming reactions already...

We are in this together, fam...

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by RemedyLab: 9:18am On Jun 09, 2018
For your free home made remedies for all infections and diseases as well as medicinal benefits of common herbs and spices, Visit www.naturalremedylab.com
Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by Octobertwentysix(f): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
Stumbled on your diary yesterday and I didn't stop till I read through all of them, your journey had been awesome. May God continue to strengthen you and preserve you for your family. And may you be a source of strength to all HbSS like you. You are a warrior don't stop fighting and also be a source of strength to others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by mictima(m): 12:12am On Jun 15, 2018
Octobertwentysix:
Stumbled on your diary yesterday and I didn't stop till I read through all of them, your journey had been awesome. May God continue to strengthen you and preserve you for your family. And may you be a source of strength to all HbSS like you. You are a warrior don't stop fighting and also be a source of strength to others.

Well, what can I say?
Thank you for the encouragement and a mighty Amen to the prayer!

In life, many people ask "why!". So many "whys" instead of "whats".
Why did this happen to me, why. Me, why us blah blah blah

To me, I believe, it should be "what"; "what do I do next?", "what is the plan?". And so on.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Afterall, it is a crime not to live to the fullest, so far we live once!
Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by mictima(m): 12:13am On Jun 15, 2018
How is "world sickle cell day" going to be like at your end?
Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by Meel: 6:22am On Jun 19, 2018
Happy world sickle cell day
Re: Sickle Cell Support Group by Bijust: 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
mictima:
How is "world sickle cell day" going to be like at your end?
Hello can i get your contact?

(1) (Reply)

My Genotype Is AC Bloodgroup O- Will I Ever Marry? / Opinion Poll - Please Help Choose A Maternity Hospital In Abuja / Help Please My Cousin Has Hepatitis C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.