Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo (1022 Views)

No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors / Atiku: Endorsement Does Not Win Election, FG Tells Obasanjo / 2019: Go And Settle With Your God, Not Me; Atiku Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by JosEast(m): 6:11am On Jun 09, 2018
The Federal Goverment has described as frivolous, an accusation by former President Olusegun Obasanjo that President Buhari's administration is plotting to slam false charges on him to pave the way for his indefinite detention.

The Minister of Information,, Lai Mohammed, in a statement on Friday by his Special Assistant, Segun Adeyemi, said while those who have skeletons in their wardrobes should be afraid, even of their own shadows; innocent persons need not worry about any investigation, whether real or imagined.

The minister said the Federal Goverment would not be distracted by frivolous allegations from any quarters, "especially those cleverly choreographed to divert attention from a widely-acclaimed presidential proclamation and to shore up support for a waning and egotistical cause."

He said the goverment was too busy trying to clear "the mess of 16 years" and build on its unprecedented achievements over the past three years to waste its energy and time on framing up anyone or dwelling on issues not grounded in fact.

''This administration will never engage in a frame-up of innocent citizens. That is neither in the character of President Muhammadu Buhari nor in that of his administration. Only the guilty should be worried. To paraphrase an African proverb, a man who has no wife cannot lose an inlaw to the cold hands of death.

''The administration is also strongly committed to the tenets of democracy, including freedom of speech and the right to dissent. But we understand that those who, in their time, were untethered to those principles would find it hard to believe,'' the minister stated.

He said it was curious that Obasanjo's frame-up and witch-hunt allegations came a day after a major presidential proclamation reversing "some past acts of injustice was made, to the relief and acclamation of a long-expectant nation.”

''Apparently, the impact of this proclamation was too much to bear by those who, through acts of omission or commission, helped to deepen the wounds inflicted by the blow of injustice that followed an election that was widely acclaimed to be free, fair and credible, hence they felt the need for a red herring that will distract the nation.

''Added to that is the frustration brought about by the fact that the contraption they have so much hyped as a freeway to power has failed to gain traction. Faced with this double tragedy, even the strongest of men may begin to succumb to a figment of their imagination. They may start crying wolf where there is none," he stated.

Mohammed said Buhari's administration's unprecedented achievements were also enough to cause sleepless nights, "with the attendant symptoms that include phantasm, for those who had better opportunities to make the country great, but floundered on the altar of narcissism."

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/only-the-guilty-should-fear-fg-tells-obasanjo-255519.html
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:13am On Jun 09, 2018
grin grin
The Gates of Hellfire shall be opened upon the heads of those who plan to bring back to life the evil mummified Buharri . (Bishop Oyedepo - 2014)

2 Likes

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Obj where is the power u invested $16b ?
Here it's

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Yyeske(m): 6:17am On Jun 09, 2018
Fact, OBJ should only be scared if his hands are soiled but we all know not only his hands but whole body, spirit and soul are soiled. Fear fear grandpa
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:27am On Jun 09, 2018
How sweet it would be if PMB were to incarcerate that man called OBJ.
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by oloworulz(m): 6:30am On Jun 09, 2018
President Buhari thank u sir. This is why i voted for you the last time. The fearless president can go after anybody. You have our support in 2019(SW). Jonathan would have been the one to beg obasanjo in this casep. That Jonathan is just too weak.
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 09, 2018
Only in Nigeria you will see people shouting for corrupt elements in the system to be jailed, and once their prayers is being answered, they change tone to witch hunting, trying of perceived enemy.

We hated Good luck for doing nothing.
Now hating buhari for doing something.

Those arrested are even charged to court and giving fair hearing, unlike Obj days of intimidation

OBJ is now a saint to many

This is Nigeria ��

3 Likes

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by omenka(m): 6:37am On Jun 09, 2018
I just don't like this fight at all. These guys should just leave that old fox alone.
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by truthfulparrot(m): 6:38am On Jun 09, 2018
PMB should thread carefully and remember the south west proverb that says it is the day you kill a madman that you will know he has relatives .

2 Likes

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by iammo(m): 6:41am On Jun 09, 2018
I just pity Buhari's family. These people he is fighting are more wicked and diabolic than him, his last stint during his military days, cost him 3 years plus in jail without trial, the death of his mum without been allowed to go for her burial and the violation and dissolution of his first marriage. A man with only one son that can pass his name down is fighting with a man with so many sons both legitimate and illegitimate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Maket: 6:47am On Jun 09, 2018
During GEJ, OBJ claims he trained killers squad to eliminate people in which him OBJ was in the list. The same OBJ is still talking today (DEATH MAN DON'T talk). What joy does OBJ derieved from Assassinating people's CHARACTERS?
He had said it in his book that he prefers BUHARI jailing him to JONATHAN burying this country with corruption. The time is rightly here for BABA to sacrifice himself for the country.
Why did we hated Gej for doing nothing and hating Buhari for doing something? What do we really want in this country?

1 Like

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by clefstone(m): 6:50am On Jun 09, 2018
The elements that ganged up against GEJ are gradually facing the wrath of God. Obj said GEJ had snipers he was waiting to deploy in 2015, now he is alleging false persecution. Jealousy and wickedness made him align with the devil to remove a God man with divine mandate, now he has to dance to the music of the devil
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by tooth4tooth: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2018
undecided
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Rockyrascal(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2018
That betrayal feeling when a soldier ant bites a soldier

3 Likes

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Tallesty1(m): 6:56am On Jun 09, 2018
oloworulz:
President Buhari thank u sir. This is why i voted for you the last time. The fearless president can go after anybody. You have our support in 2019(SW). Jonathan would have been the one to beg obasanjo in this casep. That Jonathan is just too weak.
Jonathan beg Obasanjo? Dude do you have short memory ni?

Forget all this gra gra, Buhari cannot do OBJ anything, and talking about going after anybody, do you mind telling me why he hasn't gone after jonathan when there is overwhelming evidence to nail him?

1 Like

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Maket: 6:56am On Jun 09, 2018
omenka:
I just don't like this fight at all. These guys should just leave that old fox alone.
without the big wigs fighting themselves, this country will never be set free. The fight is for our good. LET IT CONTINUES JARE.
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2018
clefstone:
The elements that ganged up against GEJ are gradually facing the wrath of God. Obj said GEJ had snipers he was waiting to deploy in 2015, now he is alleging false persecution. Jealousy and wickedness made him align with the devil to remove a God man with divine mandate, now he has to dance to the music of the devil
Soured Jonathanians re yet to realize that this skewed narrative, that God is visiting retributive justice on pple who didn't support GEJ 2nd term bid, has since gone stale.
Even Jona should consider himself lucky that he hasn't been incarcerate, given the magnanimity of PMB. All former president of Nigeria should be in jail with the exception of Shagari and maybe Gowon.
For me, all looters of our common patrimony should be jailed. Only then can we have a just society.
Jacob Zuma, immediate past president of SA, is currently facing trial. Yet bigots want GEJ and other sacred thieves shielded.
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Talknochip(m): 7:01am On Jun 09, 2018
2019 is going to be an interesting year!
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by clefstone(m): 7:07am On Jun 09, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Soured Jonathanians re yet to realize that this skewed narrative, that God is visiting retributive justice on pple who didn't support GEJ 2nd term bid, has since gone stale.
Even Jona should consider himself lucky that he hasn't been incarcerate, given the magnanimity of PMB.
For me, all looters of our common patrimony should be jailed. Only then can we have a just society.
Jacob Zuma, immediate past president of SA, is currently facing trial. Yet bigots want GEJ and other sacred thieves shielded.
have you asked yourself how Yusuf Buhari got a #50,000,000-plus power bike or how Bashir Ahmed became a billionaire in 3yrs? #iamnotazombie
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2018
clefstone:
have you asked yourself how Yusuf Buhari got a #50,000,000-plus power bike or how Bashir Ahmed became a billionaire in 3yrs? #iamnotazombie
2 questions for you if you are really not a zombie?
1, prove that Yusuf's bike is worth 50m
2, Who is Bashir Ahmed
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by tooth4tooth: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2018
Maket:
During GEJ, OBJ claims he trained killers squad to eliminate people in which him OBJ was in the list. The same OBJ is still talking today (DEATH MAN DON'T talk). What joy does OBJ derieved from Assassinating people's CHARACTERS?
He had said it in his book that he prefers BUHARI jailing him to JONATHAN burying this country with corruption. The time is rightly here for BABA to sacrifice himself for the country.
Why did we hated Gej for doing nothing and hating Buhari for doing something? What do we really want in this country?
No Nigeria politician has good reputation,Buhari inclusive. So what is there to assassinate?

I used to be stern supporter of Buhari. When I found out he's found guilty of the same reason I voted GEJ out(security challenges and corruption). Then he's not credible enough for me.

The only that thing that puzzle me at the moment is the fact that there is no credible person among the interested candidates come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by muykem: 7:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Why is OBJ being childish this day, is because of old age..
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Babacele: 8:06am On Jun 09, 2018
omenka:
my thought exactly....just ignore him. This fight me no likey.

1 Like

Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by clefstone(m): 8:56am On Jun 09, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
2 questions for you if you are really not a zombie?
1, prove that Yusuf's bike is worth 50m
2, Who is Bashir Ahmed
Interesting, so u now know that he who alleges must provide proof. You are not a zombie after all. But wait, you believed that there was massive corruption in the last administration without any proof. Talk of double standard, ZOMBIE. As for Bashir Ahmed, find out who he is in this govt, google is your friend
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by cursedAbiola(f): 9:29am On Jun 09, 2018
[s]
omenka:
[/s]
omenka when will you speak against Buhari killing your people
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by oloworulz(m): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2018
Tallesty1:
Jonathan beg Obasanjo? Dude do you have short memory ni?

Forget all this gra gra, Buhari cannot do OBJ anything, and talking about going after anybody, do you mind telling me why he hasn't gone after jonathan when there is overwhelming evidence to nail him?
there is an agreement between Jonathan and Buhari and other respected african leaders, before buhari is declared winner. Jonathan promised to leave power if he loses and buhari promised to concede if he loses too. Jonathan is untouchable, Even Jonathan warned his ministers and aides that he wount be able to defend anybody. Obasanjo go hear am next year after buhari is declared winner. Jonathan's job is to sweep corruption under the table, he can't go after anybody. He is weak
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2018
Hhh
Re: Only The Guilty Should Fear, FG Tells Obasanjo by SalamRushdie: 11:42am On Jun 09, 2018
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Pictured Kissing & Swimming With A Dolphin / APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole Makes Terrible English Blunder / Why I Slept With My Biological Son – 47-year-old Shocking Confession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.