Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea (19887 Views)

EU Slaps sanctions On Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Relinquishes Stewardship Of Club / Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by anigold(m): 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
Malefactor:
2 billion for Chelsea? You must be joking. Abramovich has poured in over 3 billion in 15 years at Chelsea.
he has spent billions on Chelsea..so I think if someone brings atleast £6Billion he may listen..which I doubt anyone will right now...

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by deebsman1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hedonisst:

Wrong. You didn't factor in the billions of pounds Abramovich has personally spent on player & manager signings (and payoffs), club infrastructure, etc since he became the club's owner. That's the real deal, not the nominal £140m that he paid for the club back in 2003.
Buying and selling of players has generated him a lot of money over the years, same as merchandising, bonuses, match day tickets, winning bonuses, TV rights and many more other sources of revenue. So I stand to disagree with your analysis.
Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by anigold(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
damickey:

In light of Chelsea’s decision to suspend work on rebuilding Stamford Bridge, as well as the UK visa problems that owner Roman Abramovich continues to face, amid rumors of wavering commitment to the Chelsea cause by the Russian oligarch, it was believed that he would consider selling the club if a big offer came.

However, this is not the case, as reports suggest that Abramovich has declined a host of offers to sell Chelsea Football Club. According to Daily Mail, Britain’s richest person, Jim Ratcliffe whose petrol-fuelled wealth far outweighs Abramovich wealth with over £20 billion had his £2 billion offer for Chelsea rejected as quickly as it came. Ratcliffe who is a season-ticket holder at Chelsea can afford to buy his local club although he is a Manchester United fan, and this has come alongside other offers that have been rejected by Abramovich.

The club moved ahead of time to dismiss rumors which insinuated that Abramovich was no longer committed to the club as soon as the delay in the stadium project was announced. Sky Sports reported that the Russian Billionaire still remains more committed than ever to Chelsea just as in the last 15 years since he assumed ownership of the Stamford Bridge outfit.

Regardless, Chelsea would attract the right buyers who are intent on making a mark in European club football even if Abramovich decides to sell the club. However, Abramovich has proved that the club isn’t just a luxury or a money-laundering platform for him, and it will remain so in the foreseeable future.

SOURCE: https://savechelsea.net/abramovich-rejects-offers-to-sell-chelsea-remains-committed/
I think Jim Ratcliffe is trying to buy Chelsea purely for political reasons due to ongoing logger heads between Russia n Britain.. nothing more..he won't invest in the club as Roman..he will tirn Chelsea to Everton..

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by Humility017(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
wisdomkid:

Rich man, hope you're playing the game?

Checkout Newcastle and other clubs for sale, with that 2Billion, you'll buy Newcastle, and five other clubs. shocked
why can't dangote buy Newcastle or any other small English club instead....invest on it...and see how it goes...rather than keep dreaming of getting arsenal
Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by Hedonisst: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
deebsman1:

Buying and selling of players has generated him a lot of money over the years, same as merchandising, bonuses, match day tickets, winning bonuses, TV rights and many more other sources of revenue. So I stand to disagree with your analysis.

Whatever profit or earnings accruing from these things go right back to paying the players and managers fat salaries and running the club generally.

Abramovich hasn't taken a cent as income or personal profit since he became club owner (difference between him and other greedy club owners like the Glaziers). Chelsea FC is indebted to him, and these huge debts have been essentially converted to shareholding, hence the multi billion valuation his Chelsea holdings are likely to have today. So yeah, my original analysis still stands.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by VULCAN(m): 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
I was surprised as well that the fellow didn't factor that into consideration. Shows he isn't business minded

Hedonisst:

Wrong. You didn't factor in the billions of pounds Abramovich has personally spent on player & manager signings (and payoffs), club infrastructure, etc since he became the club's owner. That's the real deal, not the nominal £140m that he paid for the club back in 2003.
Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by SWINQ: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
CHELSEA NOT FOR SALE KEEP OFF

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by Bullhari007(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ratcliffe who is a season-ticket holder at Chelsea can afford to buy his local club although he is a Manchester United fan,

this one got me laughing, UK Royal family were known as MAN U patroons frustrated Roma's bid to renew his investment visa, now is to buy and rubbish my beloved Chelsea through backchannel.... oga we are not selling

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by mfm04622: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
anigold:
British and splashing money can't be on the same sentence..look at all the big English clubs mostly owned by foreigners not British..which British billionaire will want to spend £500M on transfers only..

He will treat the club as an investment. Which means he will spend whatever he need to maintain the brand. Profit comes from how well the brand is perceived to be
Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by zinizta: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hedonisst:

your head dey there....

the time value of money too
Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by Chigold101(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
Jirate:

A Man U Fan Called Rat-Cliffe Wants To Buy My Darling Club, So That He Can Completely Destroy The Blues and Make It Impossible For Us To Continue To Beat Man U, abi? God Punish The Devil. cheesy
for your mind now you have wrote something important.
grin in English league Chelsea is not considered as a rival to Manchester United. It's only in Nigeria that the noise of Chelsea/Man U sounds.
tongue
Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by Xisnin(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
PrinxArthur1:
Theresa may is a witch
Yes, a with with balls!
Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea by deebsman1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hedonisst:

Whatever profit or earnings accruing from these things go right back to paying the players and managers fat salaries and running the club generally.

Abramovich hasn't taken a cent as income or personal profit since he became club owner (difference between him and other greedy club owners like the Glaziers). Chelsea FC is indebted to him, and these huge debts have been essentially converted to shareholding, hence the multi billion valuation his Chelsea holdings are likely to have today. So yeah, my original analysis still stands.
Bra are you his personal banker? Or do you have a credible source for your assertion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently / Nigeria U-17 Vs New Zealand: 5 - 0! (November 5, 2009) / 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.