Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (19244 Views)

The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by castrol180(m): 7:18am On Jun 10, 2018
I don't even know why I bòoked space on this matter...
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by mutvy: 7:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Yes,Christianity is very different from other religions especially Christianity in Africa :beating of drums in the church, preaching inside public vehicles without considering the driver and other passengers, calling Jesus God,burying human beings underneath the altar,fake miracles, stealing in the name of God,building universities with money donated by Church members and claim ownership of such institutions, abusing all the members of other religions when just a practicing member of that religion committed a crime etc...Christianity is very different indeed

7 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Akinpelumusibau: 7:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Sulemanial:
SPIRITUALLY CHRISTIANITY IS DIFFERENT WITH OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE ISLAM WHERE MUHAMMAD CAN'T HEAL THE SICK, HAD NO PROPHECY, ETC

Jargons and Coloqualism. U woke up on the wrong side. Christianity my foot

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by iyerikan12: 7:40am On Jun 10, 2018
Pastor I disagree with you, bcoz God is God, he doesn't have father, mother, son or daughter and Jesus Christ has a mother (Mary). if Jesus Christ is a God, are you trying to tell me that the prophets are there before him ( then who created the prophets)?. you said they killed him, is there any human being that have power to kill God?. I believe that the Bible is the words of God, which prophet that comes along with new testament after old testament is there?. Read the old testament very careful and tell your people the truth.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by iyerikan12: 7:45am On Jun 10, 2018
Akinpelumusibau:

Jargons and Coloqualism. U woke up on the wrong side. Christianity my foot
please try and know the difference between Jesus and God. for more inquiries pls check Old testament .
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ednut1(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2018
darol4real:
Be close to Bible that's the only word of God that can set you free...Study the new testament very well...don't read it
was the bible written by jesus Who took out the writings of the other disciples and why

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 10, 2018
Through the inspiration of Holy Spirit
ednut1:
was the bible written by jesus Who took out the writings of the other disciples and why
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 7:49am On Jun 10, 2018
ednut1:
when did jesus form it It was formed after he died
It was already in existence before he died cos Jesus had followers. "The disciples and the believers from the crowd"

Christian means follower of Christ

Christianity means religion of those that follow Christ
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by LeHMaR(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2018
Why are they lots of people against christainity on this thread?, fake pastors spoiling the christain belief is just one of satan's way of taking christains away from God.. Just as in islam where satan is diverting muslims by spoiling the islam faith with fake imams.... As for me i believe in all religion that preach good because at the end of the day these religion wants us to become better people even though they have diffrent teachings.. E dey pain me to see christains and muslims fighting with each other..
and yes i believe in hinduism, buddhism and the others too.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 10, 2018
Christianity and confusion be like rice and beans ,if u are talking miracle, babalawos do it better than u,when u tell us God died for 3 days...abeg shey God can die ni,and who dey control d world when God was buried

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2018
The Christianity I grew up to know is a lucrative and profit oriented, no matter how many competitors you have, you will always have customers to patronise you and smile at the end

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 7:56am On Jun 10, 2018
iyerikan12:
Pastor I disagree with you, bcoz God is God, he doesn't have father, mother, son or daughter and Jesus Christ has a mother (Mary). if Jesus Christ is a God, are you trying to tell me that the prophets are there before him ( then who created the prophets)?. you said they killed him, is there any human being that have power to kill God?. I believe that the Bible is the words of God, which prophet that comes along with new testament after old testament is there?. Read the old testament very careful and tell your people the truth.
He surrendered his life, he laid down his life. He is the only one that could forgive sin.
"Before Abraham was I am" , shows he's greater than any prophet you can think of. He was there from the beginning, nothing was created without his knowledge

He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven, no mere mortal could do that

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 10, 2018
Sulemanial:
SPIRITUALLY CHRISTIANITY IS DIFFERENT WITH OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE ISLAM WHERE MUHAMMAD CAN'T HEAL THE SICK, HAD NO PROPHECY, ETC
Simple question

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Horlufemi(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2018
mikidon:
pastor's preaching with their books and experience rather than the Bible. pathetic

watch this very funny video.lwkmd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmFSz2_Q1KE

It's not funny
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
He surrendered his life, he laid down his life. He is the only one that could forgive sin.
"Before Abraham was I am" , shows he's greater than any prophet you can think of. He was there from the beginning, nothing was created without his knowledge

He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven, no mere mortal could do that
Proof?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Pataricatering(f): 8:12am On Jun 10, 2018
soldadoe:
Lmao! You are funny sha grin..so all they do in your own religion is heal the sick! Im not understanding grin...like the pastors we have these days that heal pple in south Africa, kenya and co forcing pple to eat grass and stepping on pregnant women! Nigga dnt mention islam here cos the pastor sef didn't mention Islam! Face front abeg.....[center][/center]
its funny how we have so many sick people in hospitals accross Nigeria yet pastors claim to heal people miraculously ? Church on every street yet life expectancy extremely low ? We die from sickness like flies yet our pastors can heal the sick ?

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Pataricatering(f): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2018
darol4real:
Christianity is the only religion formed by Jesus Christ while other religions are formed by group of men
jesus did not “form” Christianity !

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Horlufemi(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2018
IgweIgweIgwe:

Simple question

People have little knowledge with Christianity even the pastors. Christianity's one and only commandment is love. Christianity is not a religion but It's very easy to convert it into religion to enslave people.

If you're not grounded in love even as a pastor, even if you have good intentions, money can take over your mind. It makes one selfish, undisturbed of another's suffering.

Those men will never go to the hospital or mental homes because they are not in the real business of Christianity and love. They are in the business of swindling people who are interested in riches.

True Christianity is real but it's very minute in percentage.

God bless
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 8:17am On Jun 10, 2018
IgweIgweIgwe:

Proof?
Mt 9:6

But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.

John 8:58

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Jn 10:18

No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Horlufemi(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2018
IgweIgweIgwe:

Proof?

His disciples were ready to lay down their lives, some even did.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2018
Pataricatering:
jesus did not “form” Christianity !
The question you should ask yourself is the definition of Christian/Christianity

If it means Christ followers, then you have to rethink.

If the disciples didn't have problem with it when addressed as "Christians" then you should rethink

Act 11:26

and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by imam07: 8:25am On Jun 10, 2018
danla44:
Unimaginable!!!

How can a God die? In his absence, who are you worshipping now? No wonder you are shaking, but you are not late try and study other religion too from their book not what others told you.
Sorry poor u. This is more than what your brain and understanding can handle.
Christianity is the only religion with the gift of the holy spirit. Holy spirit makes u to understand spirituality. Muslims lack this that is why they don't understand God and third holy book. Muhammad lacked holy spirit that was why he killed and his followers are still killing.
Holy Spirit lets you see the light not darkness.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2018
Horlufemi:

His disciples were ready to lay down their lives, some even did.

This is no proof at all, calling it proof is nonsensical. yes, people won't die for what they know to be "a lie" but history is littered with several instances of people suffering and/or dying for beliefs which turned out to be false, deceptive, poorly understood etc

examples are the jihadists but maybe that's a low hanging fruit or is overused so let's use other examples of people dying for what we now know to be a lie

German soldiers suffered and died during World War 2 because of the belief that they were the "master race" and its right to conquer other (inferior race) nations for more lands

39 members of heavensgate committed suicide thinking a comet would take them to their holy bliss in 1997

76 humans died in Texas cuz they believed that David Koresh was a true prophet of god

over 900 people killed themselves because they believed Jim Jones

The Japanese committed suicide rather than be captured cuz they believed they'll be tortured heavily by the Americans

amongst many other instances of people dying for what we know are lies, people kill themselves everyday for what they "know its true" even though its totally not true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
Mt 9:6

But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.

John 8:58

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Jn 10:18

No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded
Non-biblical proof?
Any personal interaction with Jesus?

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2018
Horlufemi:

People have little knowledge with Christianity even the pastors. Christianity's one and only commandment is love. Christianity is not a religion but It's very easy to convert it into religion to enslave people.

If you're not grounded in love even as a pastor, even if you have good intentions, money can take over your mind. It makes one selfish, undisturbed of another's suffering.

Those men will never go to the hospital or mental homes because they are not in the real business of Christianity and love. They are in the business of swindling people who are interested in riches.

True Christianity is real but it's very minute in percentage.

God bless
The model of the early church. Thank you.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 10, 2018
johnnyvid:
The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME4Bh4xt4Ow

There's also a difference between Islam n other religions.

There's also a difference between Hinduism n other religions.

There's also a difference between Buddhism n other religions.

So this is no big deal.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2018
IgweIgweIgwe:

Non-biblical proof?
Any personal interaction with Jesus?
Now the natural man doesn't receive the things of God's Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can't know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Aliyu333: 8:37am On Jun 10, 2018
darol4real:
Christianity is the only religion formed by Jesus Christ while other religions are formed by group of men
Jesus didn't form any religion, Paul did. Read history or get outta here.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by OyinO: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2018
darol4real:
Jesus Christ is a man. That's why 3 nails killed him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting / Shiloh 2020: See Things To Bring Along / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.