Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (19248 Views)

The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Demayour: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE RIGHT.

BUT
JESUS CHRIST IS A MAN JUST LIKE OTHER MEN. NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT HIM.

SO ALL RELIGIONS WERE FORMED BY MEN. smiley

You speak as if this Christ you're talking was your former next door neighbour. All I see in your comments is lack of objectivity which you think you wanted to show by telling tales of how Jesus was like ordinary men etc. While people blame religion for indoctrination, they themselves don't shelve away from indoctrinating others with their aversion against religion. All you've done is read some books which are either facts or fiction and since you really can't verify which of them it is, you resort to making everything about the personality Jesus, fictitious. You're not the only one to believe he is man but stop peddling falsehood because you can't confirm whether Jesus is just a man or not. Good for you whatever you believe but don't try to tell us you've been alive since the birth of Jesus till now to tell us the truth about him.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:

The law says thou shall not commit adultery but Jesus said if you look lustfully at another woman, you ve committed adultery already

But christians are allowed to dress however they like to church. How would it be possible not to look at women dressed in such manner lustfully?

Yet you attack Muslim women for covering their bodies including their hair. If you truly believe your jesus words then it's the nnuslims that follow this particular context and not those that claim to be christ like

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
You are missing the point. Christians means Christ Followers

Christ didn't come until the new testament, Christians live their lifes according to instruction given by Jesus not past events.

If you don't understand the past, you won't appreciate the presence and future

So this means the Old Testament is irrelevant now yes or no?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

But christians are allowed to dress however they like to church. How would it be possible not to look at women dressed in such manner lustfully?

Yet you attack Muslim women for covering their bodies including their hair. If you truly believe your jesus words then it's the nnuslims that follow this particular context and not those that claim to be christ like
Where is that written
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
Demayour:

You speak as if this Christ you're talking was your former next door neighbour. All I see in your comments is lack of objectivity which you think you wanted to show by telling tales of how Jesus was like ordinary men etc. While people blame religion for indoctrination, they themselves don't shelve away from indoctrinating others with their aversion against religion. All you've done is read some books which are either facts or fiction and since you really can't verify which of them it is, you resort to making everything about the personality Jesus, fictitious. You're not the only one to believe he is man but stop peddling falsehood because you can't confirm whether Jesus is just a man or not. Good for you whatever you believe but don't try to tell us you've been alive since the birth of Jesus till now to tell us the truth about him.

This logic doesnt work when other prophets are mentioned.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
Where is that written

How do Christian women dress to church?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Demayour: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Quality20:
Really? All d deadly wars from WW1 to gulf,Libya,Iraqi etc were initiated by which religion? Just say its d religion that deceitfully covert ppl by promising them jobs ,school fees, education,food or paying their hospital bills if they convert

Would you hold on to your claim that Christianity is the initiator of those wars you mention rather than the fact that it was misused by organizations, individuals and churches for their selfishness? Try and be objective and perhaps if you read the New Testament with an open heart, you'll understand what I'm saying. We've been defrauded in this world and we're still being defrauded. By pastors who're using Christianity to enrich themselves, countries using it against countries, bosses against servants etc but it doesn't stop there because atheists are also defrauding us by using the ill-feeling gathered from reprobates to disclaim the truth of the Bible. Christianity is no an old testament thing, it is from the new testament. Have you then come across ANY doctrine of the new testament promoting those things you listed there or subjugation and oppression of the poor by the rich or even pastors?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

So this means the Old Testament is irrelevant now yes or no?
No, you cannot tag what people learn from irrelevant. If I want to teach about creation etc, I ll use it.

Having good knowledge of the Bible, determine the scripture to us at a particular point in time. Not even a verse is useless

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

How do Christian women dress to church?
Is it how they dress or how they are suppose to dress
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
Is it how they dress or how they are suppose to dress

If you claim you are christ like, why do Christian women dress immodestly to church and everybody is fine with it?

Why do you attack Muslim women that dress modestly not just to mosque but everytime?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Demayour: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

This logic doesnt work when other prophets are mentioned.

My point is: we have freedom to choose what to believe about anyone especially people we read about. Whether it is Prophet Muhammad or Jesus Christ, we may choose what to believe about their lives but that doesn't mean we should start giving authoritative opinions about them since we were not there. We only read records and we choose either to believe or not. If the Bible says Jesus is God or the Son of God, you can choose to believe that or not and with the existential mindset we now have,you have a right to believe. But there is little you can say to the public especially when it comes to discrediting someone you don't believe what you read about.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
No, you cannot tag what people learn from irrelevant. If I want to teach about creation etc, I ll use it.

Having good knowledge of the Bible, determine the scripture to us at a particular point in time. Not even a verse is useless

So that means I'm allowed to pray with Pslam,, quote proverbs, songs of Solomon, collect tithe with Malachi right?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

If you claim you are christ like, why do Christian women dress immodestly to church and everybody is fine with it?

Why do you attack Muslim women that dress modestly not just to mosque but everytime?

I don't know where you get that from. Everybody is not fine with it. That some ladies refuse to dress decently doesn't mean the Bible encourage it
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:

So in other words, you pick and choose when it suits you. You practice pick-and-choose Christianity. No offence, but that's hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
I don't know where you get that from. Everybody is not fine with it. That some ladies refuse to dress decently doesn't mean the Bible encourage it

Kindly tell me the churches were christian women dress modestly to besides Catholic?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by falzy: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
Who's his father?
femi4:
Mt 9:6

But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.

John 8:58

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Jn 10:18

No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

So that means I'm allowed to pray with Pslam,, quote proverbs, songs of Solomon, collect tithe with Malachi right?
You can pray with any book from Gen to Rev
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

So in other words, you pick and choose when it suits you. You practice pick-and-choose Christianity. No offence, but that's hypocrisy.

Exactly!!

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
falzy:
Who's his father?
God, Jesus always refer to God as "my father"
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sulemanial:
SPIRITUALLY CHRISTIANITY IS DIFFERENT WITH OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE ISLAM WHERE MUHAMMAD CAN'T HEAL THE SICK, HAD NO PROPHECY, ETC
because Muhammad will refer you to hospital where you can cure your disease straight.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
God, Jesus always refer to God as "my father"

Isn't Jesus supposed to be God?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

Kindly tell me the churches were christian women dress modestly to besides Catholic?
lol, Deeper life, MFM, GOFAMINT etc
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by djohn12: 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
Religion is the opium of the people and a craft of the devil to deceive mankind in search for God but never a creation of God. Religion doesn't save and will never save anyone. Jesus did not create Christianity. He brought salvation for all mankind and introduced the Kingdom of God and not religion. His lifestyle gave birth to followers (disciples)called "the way' and unbelievers in Antioch called them Christians- which means Christ-like.Hence, the emergence of what the world turned into Christianity and set as one of the religions of the world. Being Christlike is a lifestyle of covenant with God. God is not an author of confusion that will create so many religions with different ideologies that conflict with His attributes. If you still doubt it that religion is craft of the devil. Check the world today and see the evil he has moved people all in the name of defending religion to do to humanity. Only through Christ God seeks to save and restore humanity. Religions of the world are trying to get God's attention through self effort of the sinful nature that can never match God's holiness instead of accepting God's offer of salvation and be reconciled with God. Let us not fight or argue about religion, but let us ask how do we become part of God's kingdom here on earth and after death.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

Isn't Jesus supposed to be God?
I ve answered that before, If you are not spiritual you won't understand that aspect
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
lol, Deeper life, MFM, GOFAMINT etc

Yes to Deeper life and no to MFM, what is GOFAMINT?

What are the etc? Name the churches in the etc?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
I ve answered that before, If you are not spiritual you won't understand that aspect

Lol, so I need spirituality to understand this but I don't need it to understand your previous comments. Lol, tell that to a forth grader

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

Yes to Deeper life and no to MFM, what is GOFAMINT?

What are the etc? Name the churches in the etc?
Since you don't know GOFAMINT, you won't know others
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

Lol, so I need spirituality to understand this but I don't need it to understand your previous comments. Lol, tell that to a forth grader
yes, because that aspect cannot be comprehend by canally minded man.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
Since you don't know GOFAMINT, you won't know others

We are here to learn, kindly type the others let everybody learn. Do I need spirituality in this department too? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
yes, because that aspect cannot be comprehend by canally minded man.

Who do a canally minded man?
How do you know who is canal from who isn't?
Why is spirituality always referred to when you can't EASILY ANSWER a question?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

Who do a canally minded man?
How do you know who is canal from who isn't?
Why is spirituality always referred to when you can't EASILY ANSWER a question?
A canally minded judge spiritual things using Physical analysis

E.g Jesus died Ans: Can a God die?
Jesus is greater than Abraham, Ans: But he was born in new testament

And many more...

The answers to these questions are beyond human analytical and logical reasoning
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
A canally minded judge spiritual things using Physical analysis

E.g Jesus died Ans: Can a God die?
Jesus is greater than Abraham, Ans: But he was born in new testament

And many more...

The answers to these questions are beyond human analytical and logical reasoning

Oh really. But other answers aren't beyond human analytical and local reasoning?
We should just accept it and move on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting / Shiloh 2020: See Things To Bring Along / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.