Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (19239 Views)

The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by OyinO: 8:39am On Jun 10, 2018
Rubbish!
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
Now the natural man doesn't receive the things of God's Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can't know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
You still haven't said anything.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

CHRISTIANITY SPREAD THROUGH WARS AND MANSLAUGHTER.

PEOPLE WERE BURNT FOR BEING WITCHES. SICK PEOPLE WERE BURNT BECAUSE THEY WERE CONSIDERED PLAGUES.
ALL THE EARLY SCIENTISTS WERE NAILED TO TREES BECAUSE THEY TRIED TO SOLVE BASIC PROBLEMS WITH SCIENCE INSTEAD OF PRAYERS.
PEOPLE WERE KILLED FOR WORSHIPPING OTHER GODS EXCEPT THE POPE.

WHAT EVER EVIL ISLAM IS DOING TODAY WAS LEARNED FROM EARLY CHRISTIANITY.

Cc vizkiz

It was also this kind act of Christians that made the Catholic Church in Spain kill Cayetano Ripoll for teaching Deism during the Spanish Inquisition by Catholic Church.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2018
IgweIgweIgwe:

You still haven't said anything.
just tell me you don't understand
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by fatiuogidan: 8:50am On Jun 10, 2018
WHY I CONVERTED TO ISLAM [/color][color=#990000]

I GOT 13 VALID REASONS WHY AND HOW MUSLIMS ARE LIKE JESUS ( PBUH ) AND TRUER FOLLOWERS OF JESUS THAN MOST CHRISTIANS BELIEVE :

1. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught that there is only One God and Only God should be worshipped as taught in
Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29. Muslims also believe this as taught in the Qur’an verse 4:171.

2. Jesus ( Pbuh ) didn’t eat pork as taught in Leviticus 11:7 , and neither do Muslims as taught
in the Qur’an verse 6:145.

3. Jesus ( Pbuh ) greeted with the words “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be with you ) in John 20:21. Muslims also greet each other this way.

4. Jesus ( Pbuh ) always said “God Willing” ( Inshallah ), Muslims say this too before doing anything as taught in the Qur’an verses 18:23-24.

5. Jesus ( Pbuh ) washed his face, hands, and feet before praying. The Muslims do the same.

6. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible prayed with their head to the ground ( See Matthew 26:39 ). Muslims do too as taught in the Qur’an verse 3:43.

7. Jesus ( Pbuh ) had a beard and wore a throbe. It is Sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.

8. Jesus ( Pbuh ) followed the law and believed in all the prophets,
( see Matthew 5:17 ). Muslims do
too as taught in the Qur’an verses 3:84, and 2:285.

9. Jesus’ mother Maryam ( Pbut ) dressed modestly by fully covering her body and wearing a headscarf ( hijab ) as found in 1 Timothy 2:9, Genesis 24:64-65, and Corinthians 11:6. Muslim
women modestly dress the same as taught in the Qur’an verse 33:59.

10. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible fasted up to 40 days (see Exodus 34:28, Daniel 10:2-6. 1Kings 19:8, and Matthew 4:1-Muslims do so also during the month of Ramadan.
Muslims are required to fast the full obligatory 30 days ( See Qur’an 2:183 ), and others take it a step further by fasting an additional 6 days to increase their rewards.

11. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught to say “Peace to this house” when entering it
( See Luke 10:5 ), and to also greet the people in the house with “peace be unto you”. Muslims do exactly what Jesus did and taught. When we enter our homes and the homes of others we say “Bismillah” and also greet with “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be upon you ) as taught in the Qur’an verse 24:61.

12. Jesus ( Pbuh ) was circumcised. Circumcision is 1 of the 5 fitrah in Islam, so Muslim men are required to be circumcised. According to the Bible in Luke 2:21, Jesus was eight days old when he was circumcised. In the Torah, Allah/God stated to the Prophet Abraham ( Pbuh ) that it is an
“Everlasting covenant”
( See Genesis 17:13 ). In the Qur’an verse 16:123 Muslims are required to
follow the religion of Abraham. The Prophet Muhammad ( SWS ) said, “The Prophet Abraham circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.”
( See Sahih hadith Bukhari, Muslim, and
Ahmad ).

13. Jesus ( Pbuh ) spoke aramaic and called God”Elah”, which is pronounced the same as
“Allah”. Aramaic is an ancient, Biblical language. It is one of the Semitic languages that also include Hebrew, Arabic, Ethiopic and the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian language of Akkadian.
The Aramaic”Elah” and the Arabic “Allah” are the same.

The Aramaic “Elah” is derived from the Arabic “Allah”, and it means “GOD”. “Allah” in Arabic also means”GOD”, the Supreme GOD Almighty. You can easilysee the similarity in their pronunciation so this concludes that the God of Jesus is also the God of the Muslims, of all mankind, and all that exist.

Now tell me who is the real follower of jesus ( Pbuh ) ? Obviously Muslims. Now I believe am a true follower of Jesus PBUH.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by fatiuogidan: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2018
WHY I CONVERTED TO ISLAM.

I GOT 13 VALID REASONS WHY AND HOW MUSLIMS ARE LIKE JESUS ( PBUH ) AND TRUER FOLLOWERS OF JESUS THAN MOST CHRISTIANS BELIEVE :

1. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught that there is only One God and Only God should be worshipped as taught in
Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29. Muslims also believe this as taught in the Qur’an verse 4:171.

2. Jesus ( Pbuh ) didn’t eat pork as taught in Leviticus 11:7 , and neither do Muslims as taught
in the Qur’an verse 6:145.

3. Jesus ( Pbuh ) greeted with the words “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be with you ) in John 20:21. Muslims also greet each other this way.

4. Jesus ( Pbuh ) always said “God Willing” ( Inshallah ), Muslims say this too before doing anything as taught in the Qur’an verses 18:23-24.

5. Jesus ( Pbuh ) washed his face, hands, and feet before praying. The Muslims do the same.

6. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible prayed with their head to the ground ( See Matthew 26:39 ). Muslims do too as taught in the Qur’an verse 3:43.

7. Jesus ( Pbuh ) had a beard and wore a throbe. It is Sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.

8. Jesus ( Pbuh ) followed the law and believed in all the prophets,
( see Matthew 5:17 ). Muslims do
too as taught in the Qur’an verses 3:84, and 2:285.

9. Jesus’ mother Maryam ( Pbut ) dressed modestly by fully covering her body and wearing a headscarf ( hijab ) as found in 1 Timothy 2:9, Genesis 24:64-65, and Corinthians 11:6. Muslim
women modestly dress the same as taught in the Qur’an verse 33:59.

10. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible fasted up to 40 days (see Exodus 34:28, Daniel 10:2-6. 1Kings 19:8, and Matthew 4:1-Muslims do so also during the month of Ramadan.
Muslims are required to fast the full obligatory 30 days ( See Qur’an 2:183 ), and others take it a step further by fasting an additional 6 days to increase their rewards.

11. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught to say “Peace to this house” when entering it
( See Luke 10:5 ), and to also greet the people in the house with “peace be unto you”. Muslims do exactly what Jesus did and taught. When we enter our homes and the homes of others we say “Bismillah” and also greet with “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be upon you ) as taught in the Qur’an verse 24:61.

12. Jesus ( Pbuh ) was circumcised. Circumcision is 1 of the 5 fitrah in Islam, so Muslim men are required to be circumcised. According to the Bible in Luke 2:21, Jesus was eight days old when he was circumcised. In the Torah, Allah/God stated to the Prophet Abraham ( Pbuh ) that it is an
“Everlasting covenant”
( See Genesis 17:13 ). In the Qur’an verse 16:123 Muslims are required to
follow the religion of Abraham. The Prophet Muhammad ( SWS ) said, “The Prophet Abraham circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.”
( See Sahih hadith Bukhari, Muslim, and
Ahmad ).

13. Jesus ( Pbuh ) spoke aramaic and called God”Elah”, which is pronounced the same as
“Allah”. Aramaic is an ancient, Biblical language. It is one of the Semitic languages that also include Hebrew, Arabic, Ethiopic and the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian language of Akkadian.
The Aramaic”Elah” and the Arabic “Allah” are the same.

The Aramaic “Elah” is derived from the Arabic “Allah”, and it means “GOD”. “Allah” in Arabic also means”GOD”, the Supreme GOD Almighty. You can easilysee the similarity in their pronunciation so this concludes that the God of Jesus is also the God of the Muslims, of all mankind, and all that exist.

Now tell me who is the real follower of jesus ( Pbuh ) ? Obviously Muslims. Now I believe am a true follower of Jesus (PBUH)

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
just tell me you don't understand
A mortal man cannot understand the things of the spirit? Backup to the assertion?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by drlateef: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2018
Sulemanial:
SPIRITUALLY CHRISTIANITY IS DIFFERENT WITH OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE ISLAM WHERE MUHAMMAD CAN'T HEAL THE SICK, HAD NO PROPHECY, ETC

You are very ignorant. Prophet Muhammad SAW healed many sick people, gave too numerous prophecies. I don't usually comment but I was compelled to reply because of your stark ignorance. Read about his Seera. Ask the Muslims about his numerous miracles. Muslims do not place much emphasis on miracles unlike Christians because that should not be the foundation of faith and fear of God. Miracles should be the confirmation of belief. And none of your pastors can perform any true miracle. They all rely on magic and jinn. They have to make money through tithing. Performing magic is the only way they can break through.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by olawale005(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2018
This is not a men of God is a man of the world ... You really don't understand the bible him self ... Am sure he had no God calling ..... even in bible it's clear out there is jesus. There's God ... he believe God came to the earth himself .... he's saying rubbish... more so why all this comparison... religion is just a way of life .... It's a way that connect you to your God .

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by olawale005(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Sulemanial:
SPIRITUALLY CHRISTIANITY IS DIFFERENT WITH OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE ISLAM WHERE MUHAMMAD CAN'T HEAL THE SICK, HAD NO PROPHECY, ETC

Do you know what kills people who call them self Christian... It's lack of knowledge and wisdom .... even Moses stick swallow lot of snake ... Moses stick pave way in a deep ocean ... It's time we all wake up... if you don't have any knowledge about another person religion you keep shut not speculating ... read ... Quran as English version take time and go through that doesn't mean you have converted ... read what was in it ... every thing in Quran was given to the prophet that doesn't know how to read not wrote but it was a command from God almighty for him to write and he was able to do so .... make research and stop spraying rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by JegaQuin: 10:13am On Jun 10, 2018
vizkiz:
Christianity is the only religion that frowns against war and manslaughter.

Then how come Jesus said he didnt come for peace but SWORD? Matthew 10:34

It is also the most corrupt religion in the world where a man can steal from others all in the name of "Daddy GO"
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 10:26am On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
He surrendered his life, he laid down his life. He is the only one that could forgive sin.
"Before Abraham was I am" , shows he's greater than any prophet you can think of. He was there from the beginning, nothing was created without his knowledge

He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven, no mere mortal could do that

So he told himself that himself should forgive his killers by himself ?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by sonmvayina(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2018
Both Christianity and Islam are demonic religion because they exalt the devil by making him a dual opposite of God, which is not existence in other religions. Other see the devil as a being that is under the control of the creator of all. That obeys the will of God and only acts with the expressed permission of God...

Christianity was invented by the Romans as a mockery against God.. And for social engineering..
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Richiez(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2018
Nice one Man of God
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by maasoap(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

MORE FOOLISH TALKS FROM THESE FOLKS JUST TO CLAIM SUPERIOR. ALL RELIGIONS ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL OF INVENTED, MASS CONTROL TOOLS.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BETWEEN ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY IS; WHILE MOSLEMS MUMBLE TO THE FLOOR, CHRISTIANS MUMBLE WITH THEIR HEADS RAISED (TO THE CEILING)... SAYING PRAYERS THAT FALL ON DEAF EARS.
THANKS.
Whenever I "mumble to the floor", that doesn't mean that I'm praying or asking for something, it means I'm worshipping. You can reframe your attack based on this. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by soldadoe(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2018
grin ahbi...just let him know! Some pple re just angry
Pataricatering:
its funny how we have so many sick people in hospitals accross Nigeria yet pastors claim to heal people miraculously ? Church on every street yet life expectancy extremely low ? We die from sickness like flies yet our pastors can heal the sick ?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Weixzy(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2018
I need a simple proof from the Bible where I can find that name "CHRITIANITY " maybe I could believe it's actually from christ
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
danla44:
Unimaginable!!!

How can a God die? In his absence, who are you worshipping now?

According to the Trinitarian philosophy. His ruh(spirit) became flesh and lived among mankind. So when he died he did not go into oblivion just like how when man does his soul lives on. His physical flesh which is mortal died. I hope you understand it now.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
vizkiz:
Christianity is the only religion that frowns against war and manslaughter.

It is also the most corrupt religion in the world where a man can steal from others all in the name of "Daddy GO"

Have you even read the Old Testament. There was plenty of war and manslaughter.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
Daniel058:
This man wen say It's OK for single ladies to be buying Sperm dey give themself Belle, that one na man of God?
Mtchwwww!!

Every time e go dey talk about him book.. Who knows if he's supporting gay marriage too.

Abegi! kiss

Maybe the women don't want to fornicate but they want to have children. Does the Bible preach against it? If so where?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

So he told himself that himself should forgive his killers by himself ?
When a canally minded man try to explain the things of the spirit with his canal mind, he ll surely run mad
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

Have you even read the Old Testament. There was plenty of war and manslaughter.
Christians don't exist in the Old testament. A Christ follower follows the instructions given by Christ.

In those days, they killed animal for sinned atonement... Today's Christian won't do that cos its no longer battle
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
Christians don't exist in the Old testament.

I guess then Christians are not required to follow the ten commandments or revere any of the prophets of the old testaments or even quote from the Old Testament then?

So tell me how was the earth created? Remember don't quote the Old Testament.
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
When a canally minded man try to explain the things of the spirit with his canal mind, he ll surely run mad

Lol, this carnal and spirit nonsense is stale. Come up with better responses not this junk
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

I guess then Christians are not required to follow the ten commandments or revere any of the prophets of the old testaments or even quote from the Old Testament then?

You are getting it wrong.

How earth was formed wasn't an instruction on how to live your life.

When it comes to living right with God, we have a better covenant

Example
Before, you cannot work on Sabbath but Jesus made it known that he's the Lord of the Sabbath and your service to the Lord goes beyond being in a temple

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

Old testament matters only when it suits their narrative in addition to what you said

Proverbs is usually quoted
Pslams is prayed with
Malachi is used to collect tithe

And more
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

Lol, this carnal and spirit nonsense is stale. Come up with better responses not this junk
lol, unfortunately this is not something you can understand unless you are spiritual
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by ollah2: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
lol, unfortunately this is not something you can understand unless you are spiritual

Lol same spirit nonsense. That spiritual nonsense isn't used when the Quran is quoted. Hypocrisy at its finest
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
You are getting it wrong.

How earth was formed wasn't an instruction on how to live your life.

When it comes to living right with God, we have a better covenant

Example
Before, you cannot work on Sabbath but Jesus made it known that he's the Lord of the Sabbath and your service to the Lord goes beyond being in a temple

In other words the Old Testament is irrelevant.
Christians of nairaland should take notice that they're no longer supposed to follow the ten commandments then?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

In other words the Old Testament is irrelevant.
Christians of nairaland should take notice that they're no longer supposed to follow the ten commandments then?
The Old testament is there for Christians to learn from how it all started, the life and time of God's people and to appreciate how far we ve gone

In fact, the commandments we have now are much difficult than 10 commandments.

The law says thou shall not commit adultery but Jesus said if you look lustfully at another woman, you ve committed adultery already

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by MarieSucre(f): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
femi4:
The Old testament is there for Christians to learn from how it all started, the life and time of God's people and to appreciate how far we ve gone

So that means you accept that there is violence and manslaughter in the Bible divinely endorsed? Because the idea was that all that was irrelevant seeing as there are no Christians in the Old Testament.

Do you or do you not accept it?
Re: The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by femi4: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

So that means you accept that there is violence and manslaughter in the Bible divinely endorsed? Because the idea was that all that was irrelevant seeing as there are no Christians in the Old Testament.

Do you or do you not accept it?
You are missing the point. Christians means Christ Followers

Christ didn't come until the new testament, Christians live their lifes according to instruction given by Jesus not past events.

If you don't understand the past, you won't appreciate the presence and future

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Restoration Of CRK, condemns breaking Nigeria idea / Pastor Adeboye: Nigeria Will Come Out Great, March Forward / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.