Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,016 members, 7,845,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election (46596 Views)

Dahiru Saleh Is Dead! Judge Who Annulled June 12 Election Dies / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) / Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by lx3as(m): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2018
Exponental:
So Igbos prefer Northerners.

They always prefer Northerners: 1960, 1963, 1979, 1983, 1993, etc. They never supported S/W to make the South great! They supported Obasanjo against Falae (Yorubas' preferred candidate) because they had to choose between two Yorubas.

However, their noise-makers here would want people to believe otherwise but history doesn't lie.

8 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2018
Sicilyjoe:
So is only anambra state voted for abiola in the igbo states, hmmmm interesting

Rivers is also Igbo they did not vote him,so get a life and move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Emusan(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2018
Flintstone06:
Interesting how Tofa won some core south eastern states and Abiola also won some core northern states.

We are definitely more divided now as a country than ever before. sad

Nothing interesting here!

The same Abiola won ALL the SW states while Tofa never won one, is that not a great division?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Lilimax(f): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2018
SIRTee15:

Today is June 12 ok....
This is a cyclical annual events u have to get used to....
Good or bad economy....
Broken or fulfilled promises....
Why was the sudden noise from the present Federal Government on June 12 issues?
All for political gimmicks?
Nigerians are wiser except those that wants themselves to be deceived embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
only rivers out if all south south states.. plus we all know rivers was dominated by Igbos until each tribe started defining their identities. And those who actually owns rivers.

So they can be pardoned.

Will you shut up, Rrivers is Igbo.
Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by BanjiRaymond(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2018
Since that very day, Nigeria has never been the same. All we keep hearing is CHANGE which is never coming

1 Like

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by TundeBricklayer: 9:04am On Jun 12, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
[s]only rivers out if all south south states.. plus we all know rivers was dominated by Igbos until each tribe started defining their identities. And those who actually owns rivers.

So they can be pardoned.[/s]
You are ignorant
Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by MaziOmenuko: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Is04970:

Ibos have always hated Yorubas.

Exponental:
So Igbos prefer Northerners.

trueconscience:
Hmnnn... Have you noticed how Abiola lost in the Eastern States - except one? The Love is so strong. No?

Sicilyjoe:
So is only anambra state voted for abiola in the igbo states, hmmmm interesting

oluoni:
[s]So most of the fvcking igbo traitors voted for TOFA instead of ABIOLA.. No wonder pigs will always be pigs[/s]

Tobyarab:
Abia, Imo, Enugu no try at all. Tofa ke.

You guys seem to forget that Tofa's running mate was Silvester Ugo from Abia. That was what was at stake for some igbos; a VP slot.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Politicowizard(m): 9:08am On Jun 12, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]
frankwyte:
One thing that was clear is the pattern of voting and numbers, the question how come now that Kano has more people voting than Lagos ? even the South had more voters than north then? What happened now This north has continued to make the South look foolish this days, except something urgent is done from we the South ......

An intelligent observation. This is what we should be concerned about, not the voting pattern as each individual voted to candidate of his /her choice, which is the beauty of democratic elections.
Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by oooduancalmdown: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2018
Ibos did not vote for Abiola. Anytime they that "Southern betrayal" tune, we will use this to torment them.
IBB the bastard. May his children suffer his atrocities

4 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by TheKingIsHere: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2018
The whole of the Niger delta voted for abiola a Yoruba man but today come and see how this same people insult us with impunity.

God of Niger delta will always fight our battles.

3 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Chukazu: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2018
Tobyarab:
Abia, Imo, Enugu no try at all. Tofa ke.

What exactly is in trying?

Just because they didn't vote Abiola ?

1 Like

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by oooduancalmdown: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

You guys seem to forget that Tofa's running mate was Silvester Ugo from Abia. That was what was at stake for some igbos; a VP slot.
Then why are you people insulting Yoruba people for voting for Buhari? Aren't you Ibos two-faced?

7 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2018
So why then are you people bitter that yoruba voted buhari.. You miscreants are the ones who need serious soul searching
Castroii:

ok, just like in Abia state were Tofa won, the 105000 guys that voted for Abiola are Americans and not igbos ba? what of the 263000 that voted him in Enugu state as against 268000 that voted Tofa, or in Imo state where he got 159000 votes, all these guys that voted him were aliens and not Igbos as i noticed.............. some of you guys on this forum will just make a tribal issue out of nothing.
Oga you better grow up and act intelligently.

6 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by TundeBricklayer: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2018
Emusan:

Nothing interesting here!

The same Abiola won ALL the SW states while Tofa never won one, is that not a great division?
Don't mind the west, they are the most tribalistic region in Nigeria, Abiola won in north while Tofa didn't win any state in west, in the east Abiola won in Delta, cross river, Anambra, and Rivers, if it was Igbo man against Tofa, they will rather vote for Tofa, charcoal call cattle black.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by oooduancalmdown: 9:15am On Jun 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
The whole of the Niger delta voted for abiola a Yoruba man but today come and see how this same people insult us with impunity.

God of Niger delta will always fight our battles.
Rivers state( which made up of present day Bayelsa) did not vote for Abiola. This means very few Ijaw people supported MKO. Besides, you are an Ibo guy that loves to claim Edo.

4 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by MaziOmenuko: 9:15am On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

[s]Then why are you people insulting Yoruba people for voting for Buhari? Aren't you Ibos two-faced?[/s]

You are making a foolish generalization and I don't think you deserve any sane conversation so no need educating nor engaging you further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by oooduancalmdown: 9:16am On Jun 12, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Don't mind the west, they are the most tribalistic region in Nigeria, Abiola won in north while Tofa didn't win any state in west, in the east Abiola won in Delta, cross river, Anambra, and Rivers, if it was Igbo man against Tofa, they will rather vote for Tofa, charcoal call cattle black.
Why are you now shouting that Yoruba betrayed you?

2 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by oooduancalmdown: 9:18am On Jun 12, 2018
oluoni:
So why then are you people bitter that yoruba voted buhari.. You miscreants are the ones who need serious soul searching
Me sef I confuse

1 Like

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by TheKingIsHere: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Rivers state( which made up of present day Bayelsa) did not vote for Abiola. This means very few Ijaw people supported MKO. Besides, you are an Ibo guy that loves to claim Edo.

Ijaw can be found in delta, Edo, cross rivers and akwa ibom but you will ignore that one.

Very ungrateful people filled with insults.

And if you don't know I am an urhobo guy from delta state. My parents championed for abiola then.

The day I feared you guys for ur hatred was when u were calling us names and wishing us evil in the Niger delta in 2015.

4 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by samopeyemi: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2018
Where is the brotherly love when 75% of the core eastern states voted for Tofa. Now they are crying up and down. They always want things to go their way. Thanks to the South South states like Delta, Akwa ibom, Cross River and Edo.

4 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Mustay(m): 9:19am On Jun 12, 2018
wildimagination:
These were the days when pple didn't vote for party, relegious or tribal sentiments.....just for the individual qualities.....cos I can see here Abiola won even in northern states though he was yoruba. Funny enuf, we had all tribes at that time.

But what happened to Nigeria??

Femi Falana said something recently. There's a deliberate attempt to rewrite history by some people due to partisan politics. Things like it's a Yoruba thing, it's for 2019, he was not a saint etc. History may have been tampered with in our schools and these malicious people may twist stories today to confuse the Y2K generation but there's YouTube. Let them go watch the Oputa Panel, watch interviews of his family, watch interviews of MKO himself.

MKO sacrificed his wealth and family just to SERVE NIGERIA and one Senator tells us that because he is dead, he's no longer a Nigerian May he not incur the wrath of our armed forces who put their lives on the line to defend the country. That's an example of the dangerous and silly game some are trying to play with the event. Such dangerous statements that can send the wrong signals to paramilitary guys that is Nigeria worth dying for since their citizenship can be doubted after death?

The 2019 elections is another one. OBJ (and PDP) had the opportunity and he was from the same state with MKO but his inactions silenced this - so those who try to divide us along partisan lines can see that even your brother may not be your bro. Like they say, truth has no hiding place no matter how long we hide it.

The politicians know that this single action is a big one but they failed to do same when they were in power. Politicians will always play with issues but whatever the intent was, PMB did the right thing

I am happy to see the conduct of the Abiola family in recent interviews. You still see them talking about national unity despite losing two members of their family for Nigeria's sake. Times like this is when I wish TELL could upload their archives!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by oooduancalmdown: 9:20am On Jun 12, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

You are making a foolish generalization and I don't think you deserve any sane conversation so no need educating nor engaging you further.
What will you say? You have been exposed

2 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by TundeBricklayer: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Why are you now shouting that Yoruba betrayed you?
I can remember shouting here like you folks, please can you show me where I said Yoruba betrayed me?
Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by oooduancalmdown: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Ijaw can be found in delta, Edo, cross rivers and akwa ibom but you will ignore that one.

Very ungrateful people filled with insults.

And if you don't know I am an urhobo guy from delta state. My parents championed for abiola then.

The day I feared you guys for ur hatred was when u were calling us names and wishing us evil in the Niger delta in 2015.
You are now from Urhobo land? You are no more from Edo?

1 Like

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by TheKingIsHere: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

You are now from Urhobo land? You are no more from Edo?
Can you show me where I claimed to be from Edo?

If you can't, you will be sent to hell for your lies.

No amount of prayers will save you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by samopeyemi: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Same way Prof Yemi Osinbajo was Buhari's running mate. V. P. slot was at stake for the Yoruba during the 2015 election. If the Yoruba had voted for Jonathan (a South South /North ticket), there would be nothing to hold on to. Don't forget that the Yoruba was the least favored region during Jonathan's time as the president.

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Mustay(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2018
frankwyte:
One thing that was clear is the pattern of voting and numbers, the question how come now that Kano has more people voting than Lagos ? even the South had more voters than north then? What happened now This north has continued to make the South look foolish this days, except something urgent is done from we the South ......

Participating in elections now is an issue. Kwara did better than Lagos. Lagos has the population but when it comes to election day, it fizzles out. Even for recent governorship elections, check out the numbers. There's a lot of noise made but you don't see them on election day.

2 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by 9gerian: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2018
Very apt!

Castroii:

ok, just like in Abia state were Tofa won, the 105000 guys that voted for Abiola are Americans and not igbos ba? what of the 263000 that voted him in Enugu state as against 268000 that voted Tofa.............. Ok, You just saw names of winners without checking the figures and wanted to make a tribal issue out of nothing

1 Like

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by samopeyemi: 9:30am On Jun 12, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Same way Prof Yemi Osinbajo was Buhari's running mate. V. P. slot was at stake for the Yoruba during the 2015 election. If the Yoruba had voted for Jonathan (a South South /North ticket), there would be nothing to hold on to. Don't forget that the Yorubas were the least favored region during Jonathan's time as the president.
Truth is different region vote based on calculations and what will favor them, therefore, no region should be insulted for voting based on what they feel would favor them.

5 Likes

Re: The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 12, 2018
Mustay:

Femi Falana said something recently. There's a deliberate attempt to rewrite history by some people due to partisan politics. Things like it's a Yoruba thing, it's for 2019, he was not a saint etc. History may have been tampered with in our schools and these malicious people may twist stories today to confuse the Y2K generation but there's YouTube. Let them go watch the Oputa Panel, watch interviews of his family, watch interviews of MKO himself.

MKO sacrificed his wealth and family just to SERVE NIGERIA and one Senator tells us that because he is dead, he's no longer a Nigerian May he not incur the wrath of our armed forces who put their lives on the line to defend the country. That's an example of the dangerous and silly game some are trying to play with the event. Such dangerous statements that can send the wrong signals to paramilitary guys that is Nigeria worth dying for since their citizenship can be doubted after death?

The 2019 elections is another one. OBJ (and PDP) had the opportunity and he was from the same state with MKO but his inactions silenced this - so those who try to divide us along partisan lines can see that even your brother may not be your bro. Like they say, truth has no hiding place no matter how long we hide it.

The politicians know that this single action is a big one but they failed to do same when they were in power. Politicians will always play with issues but whatever the intent was, PMB did the right thing

I am happy to see the conduct of the Abiola family in recent interviews. You still see them talking about national unity despite losing two members of their family for Nigeria's sake. Times like this is when I wish TELL could upload their archives!

Such dangerous statements that can send the wrong signals to paramilitary guys that is Nigeria worth dying for since their citizenship can be doubted after death?

This got me shivering..

Let the government also pay all financial entitlement of atleast a 4year tenure of a president to his family.
Some pple are saying buhari did this to win the Yoruba vote...but at least it's the right thing to do...so it's fine by me

A step that we are gradually getting there...we can't sanitize this nation in one day. But acts like this will go along way

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Appoints Akachukwu Nwankpo As Personal Envoy / Buhari Address To The Nation. / Ateke Tom Hosts Nyesom Wike In His Okochiri Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.